• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yeah I didn't realize your settings would be under the Profiles tab of GCPad. Seems like a no brainer but I didn't even think to click it.

On Netplay, if I drop frames does my opponent also drop frames?
Yes, and vice versa. It's the only way to stay synchronized. If you were dropping frames and falling behind while your opponent wasn't you'd be desynced.

Yung Matt

Smash Rookie
Hey, every time I try to extract my ISO it gives me this:

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

It's not a problem with the ISO, I've gotten numerous ones. I've also redownloaded Winrar. When I try to open any ISO on PowerISO it won't open, says it won't work with files bigger than 300 MB. Can someone help? Has anyone else had this problem?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, every time I try to extract my ISO it gives me this:

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

It's not a problem with the ISO, I've gotten numerous ones. I've also redownloaded Winrar. When I try to open any ISO on PowerISO it won't open, says it won't work with files bigger than 300 MB. Can someone help? Has anyone else had this problem?
Why are you using power iso? You don't open your iso at all.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman

I keep getting this error. Please help me out?
(INFO: Can run the Project M ISO, I have the exact md5, this appears right before the intro, I COULD run the game many days ago but now it seems it doesn't, so I tried to reinstall Dolphin -deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder aswell- and now it gives me this error.)

Y-L

Smash Champion

I keep getting this error. Please help me out?
(INFO: Can run the Project M ISO, I have the exact md5, this appears right before the intro, I COULD run the game many days ago but now it seems it doesn't, so I tried to reinstall Dolphin -deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder aswell- and now it gives me this error.)
You're probably pressing back after you say no to the save file, having Dolphin attempt to go to the Wii menu, giving you that error.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
I don't know if this has been asked already but is it possible to change the stages and the costumes in the files whilst supporting netplay?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been asked already but is it possible to change the stages and the costumes in the files whilst supporting netplay?
No, you'll desync. Your opponent has to also have the mods if you want to play modded.

NTA

Smash Lord
It's under properties when you right click it then info. But if it crashes when you load PM that's not the issue. The problem must be here that either A) you have a PAL copy of brawl, B) you have a corrupt or scrubbed copy of brawl, or C) you ran out of hard disk space while installing. In Dolphin is there an American flag next to brawl? That will tell you it is in fact NTSC. Is brawl 7.9gb? If both of those are true then you didn't free enough hard disk space.
I don't see that option anywhere. I ripped mine using usb loader gx and after converting it to iso, i'm not sure if it's supposed to look like this
my md5 is 73a36cbc93adbb9e409317261a64e600 (for brawl). i ripped it while i was at someone's house, so i can't check to see if it was the program or something.

seeing these after running the bat file

actually found an old log from when i ripped it again a previous time months ago and got this
Filename: RSBE01
Internal Name: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
MD5: 52CE7160CED2505AD5E397477D0EA4FE
SHA-1: 59432F150BF6B871AB378BB5B28E92005E0862F6
CRC32: 854B2889
Version: 1.02
Verified: Yes
Seconds: 1750

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I don't see that option anywhere. I ripped mine using usb loader gx and after converting it to iso, i'm not sure if it's supposed to look like this
my md5 is 73a36cbc93adbb9e409317261a64e600 (for brawl). i ripped it while i was at someone's house, so i can't check to see if it was the program or something.

seeing these after running the bat file

actually found an old log from when i ripped it again a previous time months ago and got this
Filename: RSBE01
Internal Name: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
MD5: 52CE7160CED2505AD5E397477D0EA4FE
SHA-1: 59432F150BF6B871AB378BB5B28E92005E0862F6
CRC32: 854B2889
Version: 1.02
Verified: Yes
Seconds: 1750
I meant properties in Dolphin. Something must be wrong with the iso as you're getting a invalid wii partition error when building the iso. Try using Cleanrip instead of USB loader gx.

Last edited:

V3ntro

Smash Rookie
When I run the Build ISO, it doesn't actually create a new ISO. What do I do?

V3ntro

Smash Rookie
I do have the disk space, and the only error I got was error #35 not found [Syntax Error] in load file alloc() @ src/lib-file.c#2994

File not found: ssbb.d/sys/mail.dol

Y-L

Smash Champion
I do have the disk space, and the only error I got was error #35 not found [Syntax Error] in load file alloc() @ src/lib-file.c#2994

File not found: ssbb.d/sys/mail.dol
Might be something wrong with your brawl iso. Try dumping it again.

V3ntro

Smash Rookie
Still nothing. Just to clarify, what do you mean by dumping assuming I did it correctly.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Still nothing. Just to clarify, what do you mean by dumping assuming I did it correctly.
Assuming you have homebrew installed, use cleanrip and dump your iso to a flash drive then put it on your computer. Sounds like your iso is scrubbed/corrupt.

V3ntro

Smash Rookie
I don't believe I have homebrew installed. is there an easy way to do that? Installed into the ISO I mean. I tried doing the SSD card thing and that doesnt seem to be working, as it doesnt launch project M when that happens, it just launches the regular game.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

Could use some help, why isn't this working?

Last edited:

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
That iso isn't going to work because it's either scrubbed or pal. Look at the file size it's half of what it should be.
Thanks, is that the reason though it can't find the Project M folder though?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Try running as administrator. Keep in mind even if it does work you'll desync with that brawl iso.
I ran it as admin and still says that the project m folder isn't there. Any other suggestions?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

That's the inside of my PM folder.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
This was just me experimenting. Why is that a problem?
I'm just wondering if in your iso builder folder you could accidently have like projectm/projectm/pf or something

I've also seen this error happen when the folder is in a place where access is restricted like in program files.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm just wondering if in your iso builder folder you could accidently have like projectm/projectm/pf or something

I've also seen this error happen when the folder is in a place where access is restricted like in program files.
Nope. New Folder is my base folder that I extracted. I put in the project m folder right there with it along with the brawl iso. That's why I can't fingure out why it isn't working.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Nope. New Folder is my base folder that I extracted. I put in the project m folder right there with it along with the brawl iso. That's why I can't fingure out why it isn't working.
Did you try using the Iso Builder in this guide rather than a custom one? If that's not it then get a new brawl iso and try again.

Dodge

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm the guy from reddit. Thought I'd be easier if I brought it to the forums.

I tried restarting my wii and unplugging my controller but the c stick is still displayed as being pushed to the left in the config screen while not working in game. By my buttons being all messed up I meant that my down d-pad is my A, my left d-pad B, my A and B are my trigger buttons, and my right trigger button is is my start while most other buttons simply don't work at all, even though I got all my settings right.

I've already re-installed dolphin and nothing's changed. What do you suggest?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm the guy from reddit. Thought I'd be easier if I brought it to the forums.

I tried restarting my wii and unplugging my controller but the c stick is still displayed as being pushed to the left in the config screen while not working in game. By my buttons being all messed up I meant that my down d-pad is my A, my left d-pad B, my A and B are my trigger buttons, and my right trigger button is is my start while most other buttons simply don't work at all, even though I got all my settings right.

I've already re-installed dolphin and nothing's changed. What do you suggest?
I've never used a gc controller on pc via a Wii but I doubt it's dolphins fault. I'd ask the guy who showcased that method what he thinks.

lehoangvu639

Smash Rookie
I've never used a gc controller on pc via a Wii but I doubt it's dolphins fault. I'd ask the guy who showcased that method what he thinks.
Y-L, thank you so much for the iso builder. But I was also wondering will it work with P.M 3.5 when it release?...

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Y-L, thank you so much for the iso builder. But I was also wondering will it work with P.M 3.5 when it release?...
No. On 3.5 release we are switching to a new builder with a custom gct. I'll upload it as soon as it's released though.

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
So I recently got pm net play on my mac and for some reason the in-game menus lag a bit. Gameplay, however, doesn't lag but does seem like it runs just a slight bit faster than playing on a console. Is is suppose to run that way and is there a way to fix the lag?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I recently got pm net play on my mac and for some reason the in-game menus lag a bit. Gameplay, however, doesn't lag but does seem like it runs just a slight bit faster than playing on a console. Is is suppose to run that way and is there a way to fix the lag?
I find the character select screen to be leggies than some game play for people with weaker harder. I can't tell anything without hearing your specs but if your hardware is too weak unfortunately there's not much to be done. As for game play running too fast I've never seen that. Set framelimiter to 60? Probably placebo.

Last edited:

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
I find the character select screen to be leggies than some game play for people with weaker harder. I can't tell anything without hearing your specs but if your hardware is too weak unfortunately there's not much to be done. As for game play running too fast I've never seen that. Set framelimiter to 60? Probably placebo.
I found out I don't have the most recent update. I think I have 3.0. I've heard that roy, mewtwo, and some alt costumes cause some sort of lag in this version. Could that be the reason why the menu is a bit laggy at times?

Top Bottom