• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project M

Shared Account
Welcome to Project M 3.02!
With this latest bug fix patch, we've created a new method to install and run Project M on your Wii! Introducing the Project M Launcher version 1.0.

This new Launcher makes both Riivolution and Gecko Launchers obsolete for running Project M 3.01. Some key new features include:
  • Support for SDHC cards larger than 2GB. For the hackless method, you will still need a 2GB (or lower) SD card to boot the Launcher from Brawl. There is an alternate method for booting the Launcher from the Wii menu using a hack called LetterBomb, but that will be explained elsewhere.
  • A news ticker will display current news for Project M which will update if your Wii is connected to the internet.
  • The ability to update and patch both the Launcher and your version of Project M. If you have 3.0 installed on your SD card, the Launcher can automatically download and update you to version 3.01.
  • Extremely fast and reliable file loading.
  • Coming soon: The ability to change from a Full codeset to a Wifi codeset in the Launcher.
Let's get started. If you've downloaded our standard zip of 3.01, you're ready to go. Make sure you back up any important files you might have on your SD card before continuing. Install Project M by extracting the entirety of the zip on to the root of your SD card. Which ever method you choose, boot up the Launcher the standard way from either the Homebrew channel or the Stage Builder method. If you have any trouble getting to this step, this guide will help troubleshoot your problem. Once you open the new Launcher, you can check your version by selecting the About option. If it says 3.01, you're all set. Select Play to start smashing!

Advanced Users

If you are an advanced user with Project M 3.0 already installed on your SD card, we've included an optional streamlined method for installation. Since this Launcher can patch files, you can download a much smaller version of 3.01 to install on your SD card, saving a lot of time (estimate install time is roughly less than 10 minutes). The patch file for 3.01 is 38.4MB, compared to the full packaged zip of 343.27MB.

Note: It's important that you have an unmodified version of 3.0. This won't work if you've changed any files.

Start by downloading the Launcher from our download page. Once you place the Launcher files on your 3.0 SD card, boot it up and select the Update option. You'll see this.

Start by downloading the Launcher from our download page. Once you place the Launcher files on your 3.0 SD card, boot it up and select the Update option. You'll see this.

Select Yes to start the update process. This will download, patch, and verify all the files for 3.01. This process takes roughly 5-7 minutes.

The update process will also check for new versions of the Launcher. After it completes, Project M 3.01 will be installed on your SD card.
Enjoy Project M 3.01!

The changelog for 3.02 is posted below:

NOTICE: Both Tournament Mode and Subspace Emissary have been disabled because they crash. We have no immediate plans to fix these modes but rest assured when we can we will make them work again. We'd like you to focus on playing the primary Multiplayer modes provided and the other single player modes that work. Thanks for understanding.

[collapse=General Fixes]
-WiFi Code Set fixed to have the proper codes and menu decriptions
-Song titles in the My Music menus now display the proper names of the songs for stages such as Dreamland 64
-Nana no longer disappears instantly on Norfair
-Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucas no longer get stuck in the water
-Giga Bowser causing crashes when on the Green team has been fixed
-Squirtle, Yoshi, and Olimar now properly attack/roll on-stage when above 100% on Yoshi's Island Brawl
-The following stages have been optimized to reduce lag:
Yoshi's Story, Peach's Castle, Training Room, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, Dracula's Castle
-Sudden Death doesn't crash anymore and has been restored
-When Roy/Marth or Mewtwo/Lucario are on the same team, their team colors work properly
-All AI updated some more
-The Random option under "Stage Choice" doesn't crash anymore
-Removed the color bars and caution signs from the character select portraits[/collapse]
[collapse=New Additions]
-Rematching has been added to the game, simply press and hold L + R + Y on the pause screen or at the end of a match on the Gamecube Controller to play as the same characters, with the same settings, and on the same stage. However, this currently does not work on Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, or Castle Siege
-When selecting a stage, it's possible to reset back to the character select screen by pressing and holding L + R + A on the Gamecube Controller[/collapse]
[collapse=Alternate Costume Change List]
-All alternate costumes have been optimized and will no longer cause significant lag
-Butterfly Meta Knight's sword doesn't appear when he's clapping at the results screen anymore
-Outset Toon Link doesn't crash when attacking Metal Boxes
-Pajama Ness' mouth fixed
-Fixed a bug where Doctor Mario costume couldn't cape glide
-Mr. L double face and tongue texture fixed
-Pirate Wolf yellow eyes adjusted[/collapse]
[collapse=Captain Falcon Change List]
-Forward throw and Up throw hitlag decreased to match melee
-Falcon Punch hitlag decreased to match melee[/collapse]
[collapse=Diddy Kong Change List]
-Fixed a bug where the sound effect for Diddy's shades breaking would play whenever he was hit after the shades were already broken[/collapse]
[collapse=Falco Change List]
-Forward Smash charge graphical effects moved from his hands to his feet[/collapse]
[collapse=Ganondorf Change List]
-Ganondorf always wins when he suicides with Side B
-Up/down aerial item throw animation heights have been adjusted
-Aerial Down B can be edgecanceled[/collapse]
[collapse=Giga Bowser Change List]
-Landing lag on all aerials corrected[/collapse]
[collapse=Ice Climbers Change List]
-All throws (up, down, forward, and back) release points adjusted to be closer to Melee
-Forward throw hitlag increased
-Up throw hitlag increased[/collapse]
[collapse=Ivysaur Change List]
-Jab1 and Jab2 had a chance to cause a trip, this has been removed
-Up Air non-L-canceled landing lag value decreased slightly[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby Change List]
-Cutter dash can be performed on the ground and is more lenient to perform
-Kirby can now edgecancel his cutter dash
-Falco Kirby hat graphical effect and sound effect play on the proper frame
-Ice Climbers Kirby hat aerial mobility and momentum matched to ICs Neutral B and hammer hit has been added
-Ike Kirby hat armor matches Ike
-Jigglypuff Kirby hat keeps Kirby's jumps after being used
-Lucario Kirby hat properly stores the Aura Sphere charge when canceling it
-Meta Knight Kirby hat matches the duration of Meta Knight's Tornado
-Mr. Game and Watch Kirby hat doesn't fire bacon rapidly anymore, matches Game and Watch's Neutral B
-Pit Kirby hat arrow speed and control match Pit
-Sonic Kirby hat bounces off of foes correctly
-Yoshi Kirby hat cannot grab from behind anymore
-Samus Kirby hat stores charge properly when firing from the air to the ground and goes into the proper cancel animation with the proper cancel duration. Hitbox also matches Samus'
-Sheik Kirby hat glow displays properly, needle sound effect fixed, and cancel works with light press
-Wolf Kirby hat hitbox and duration match Wolf's lasers
-Zero Suit Samus hat blaster shot sound effect stays out for the proper duration. Animation fixed and the uncharged blaster works like Zero Suit Samus' uncharged blaster[/collapse]
[collapse=Mewtwo Change List]
-Grab release animation sped up to avoid potential grab release combos or re-grabs
-Up Tilt animation cleaned up
-Model optimized to no longer cause significant lag[/collapse]
[collapse=Olimar Change List]
-Back Air animation cleaned up
-Initial walk speed corrected[/collapse]
[collapse=Roy Change List]
-Forward Air landing lag and L-canceled landing lag matched to Melee
-Some of Side B's sword swings could whiff when it looked like they hit, this has been fixed
-Grab release animation sped up to avoid potential grab release combos or re-grabs
-New Final Smash doesn't use time manipulation anymore and has been fixed up in general to be less buggy
-Model optimized to no longer cause significant lag[/collapse]
[collapse=Samus Change List]
-Samus can drift properly after aerial charge shot[/collapse]
[collapse=Snake Change List]
-Forward Smash doesn't display all of Snake's facial expressions
-Fixed graphical issues during Forward Smash 2
-Up tilt animation reverted to demo 2.6's Utilt animation
-Snake can now reload tranq gun even when he hasn't taken any shots[/collapse]
[collapse=Yoshi Change List]
-Removed a rotating hitbox on egg roll that was left in error
-Up B throws the egg one frame earlier[/collapse]

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
The reset button presses are a really nice touch. One step closer to Melee, with the addition of the salty runback code as I believe it was called.

Absolome

Smash Cadet
I'm so happy for the alt costumes not causing lag any more

Will I be able to use an SDHC card if I am USB loading the game with ocarina on?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Liking the Kirby changes. However, it seems that Kirby can still get like 20% from mashing b with Wario's b.

EDIT: Also, we people actually having trouble performing a cutter dash, or was it made more lenient just to make it harder (or easier) to screw up your regular up-b?

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I must be doing something wrong with the launcher here... I'm hitting update after reinserting an unmodified version of 3.0 straight from the rar, and it's telling me "the Project M Info.xml was not found"

what exactly am I missing?

PhredLevi

Smash Rookie
Oh no, you removed the colour bars but the names are still all moved high up as if to make room for them.
It bugs me so much.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great patch PMBR! Really good stuff.

But I also liked the color bars lol

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
"Ganondorf always wins"

I like the sound of that.

Last edited:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i always had trouble doing the cutter dash, though i only played P:M for 2 hours at school. i wound up doing it but was turned off by the likelihood that it didn't come out as it often didn't, at least for me (i could do it, and that mewtwo float thing... is so weird... wish it was more like peach... a purely horizontal float... OR how about just a glide like meta knight! the float from mewtwo... it's just weird (but then again that is all just from my 2 hours of gameplay... and Roy seems like he was born on Turbo mode, he's so badass in turbo.)

D

Deleted member

Is it just me or does this change log seem incomplete?

Two things I noticed right off the bat:
-Roy's neutral special, Flare Blade now only damages him only 10% when fully charged.
-Ness's Neutral B, PK flash is now easier to control from behind.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
i always had trouble doing the cutter dash, though i only played P:M for 2 hours at school. i wound up doing it but was turned off by the likelihood that it didn't come out as it often didn't, at least for me (i could do it, and that mewtwo float thing... is so weird... wish it was more like peach... a purely horizontal float... OR how about just a glide like meta knight! the float from mewtwo... it's just weird (but then again that is all just from my 2 hours of gameplay... and Roy seems like he was born on Turbo mode, he's so badass in turbo.)
Cutter dash is super easy. Just make sure you're holding B. Also in 3.0 it could only be done in midair. I think that threw some people off.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Maybe I just missed it in the OP or I'm just ******** but is there still 2 separate versions of PM? The online and offline versions

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Maybe I just missed it in the OP or I'm just ******** but is there still 2 separate versions of PM? The online and offline versions
Yes, there are still two versions.

i can't seem to do the rematch and stage cancel function, are they only for the full set? i use the wifi set
The rematch function works on the Wi-fi set, I tested it myself. You can only activate it at the end where it says "GAME", make sure you're holding L+R+Y and not pressing them. The stage reset also works fine, it has to be done after the stage has been selected and before it loads, same window as in Melee.

Kati

Smash Lord

The rematch function works on the Wi-fi set, I tested it myself. You can only activate it at the end where it says "GAME", make sure you're holding L+R+Y and not pressing them. The stage reset also works fine, it has to be done after the stage has been selected and before it loads, same window as in Melee.
"-Rematching has been added to the game, simply press and hold L + R + Y on the pause screen..."

So this is a no go?

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
So I just replace the 'projectm' folder and 'boot.elf' file of 3.0 with the launcher files of the same names? That's all?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
"-Rematching has been added to the game, simply press and hold L + R + Y on the pause screen..."

So this is a no go?
What Kally Wally said. The L+R+Y combo only works on the GAME screen.

@ QQQQQQQ7777777 QQQQQQQ7777777 the PMBR hasn't confirmed it, but it seems that for now it only works with the GC controller.

Obskore

Smash Ace

what do you mean with "not pressing them?"
i'm holding L+R+Y+A+start and still can't get it

and as for the stage reset, it's the same, i can't get it

btw, i'm loading via configurable USB loader, with ocarina ON and hooktype VBI

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
When updating, it cant detect my xml. file so i do a forced update. Then it freezes half way through o.o
I gave up and did it the old fashioned way before I realized I had custom content on. Is your copy 100% official?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
what do you mean with "not pressing them?"
i'm holding L+R+Y+A+start and still can't get it

and as for the stage reset, it's the same, i can't get it

btw, i'm loading via configurable USB loader, with ocarina ON and hooktype VBI
L+R+A+Y+Start is for when the game is paused.
After the match ends where it says "GAME!" in huge letters you only have to press and hold L+R+Y.
For the stages it's L+R+A after the stage is selected, but before it loads it.

None of this is the USB Loader's fault, I would know because I USB load myself.

Obskore

Smash Ace
i think i know what i did wrong, i didn't update the SD:/usb-loader/codes folder lol
thanks, these features are something i wasn't expecting :D

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
Nothing happens when I load the launcher. I'm using homebrew. The project m launcher shows up but when I load It just goes to black screen and nothing happens.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Yeah when I try to update it just says that "The Project M info.xml file was not found." No idea what to do ._.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded the homebrew full set. Deleted 3.0 from my sd card and then extracted the 3.01 .zip file. The launcher shows up in the homebrew channel and when I load it shows the load bar and once it fills to 100% the screen goes black and nothing happens except my wii freezing.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody post some type of video tutorial for this. This whole process is unnecessarily complicated. It was easy and simple before. I've followed all these steps and nothing is working on my end.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I fixed one problem at least. That's a start. But now it says "Download failed. Retrying..." And says "No network" at the top of the info panel bar where it should be advertising about the new patch when in fact I am online. -.-......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom