• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

cmart

Smash Lord
@ EdgeTheLucas
The Installer tries to download from the official site - you might be better off downloading one of the folder's from mediafire instead.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice

Player -0

Smash Hero
Nice Pichu stock icon, PMBR
Can we get a confirmation on this :sheep:?

Sad that Fox and Falco are the same. There is always next update.
Check the ceilings for stages....

Some things I was unsure about but the PMBR seems to be taking input very well, addressing problems with nerfs or buffs but making sure to buff some part of a character if part of him has been nerfed.
What I just said: PMBR nerfs part of one character, buffs the character in some other odd way (usually)

Not sure about the DDD nerfs though; it was easy enough to punish him while he was coming down.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, why did DDD just get nerfs? Wasn't he comparatively on the lower end anyways? :c

Also, isn't only Fox nerfed by proxy from ceiling changes rather than Falco/Wolf too? Also, what about folks who also kill vertically?

ScaryPixel

Smash Cadet
It feels like Meta Knight has changed a little, and yet there's no listing of his changes. You guys sure you didn't do anything to the bat?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Posting on here to bookmark later to read changes

some changes are most appreciated but d3 seemed to be nerfed to nothnig

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Looks like somebody forgot to update the song info for the My Music menu. All of the new tracks are still named the same as the original ones.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
I'd just use the actual Wii but I have no SD cards. It does not read SDHC, and I cannot find just plain SD cards anywhere anymore.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I don't see why anyone will play anything other then turbo, turbo just feels better to me. also isn't as broken as i thought it was going to be.

j00t

Smash Champion
Prepare for PikaChad rage incoming

Edit: I'm serious, he's typing now

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Why was Riivolution support dropped?
I, for one, prefer to have a nice list of togglable options, most importantly a quick change between wifi/offline/normal brawl codesets that doesn't involve popping the SD card back into my PC to rename some GCTs.

-Chad-

Slackerator
give SNAKE BACK HIS MISSLE WHY GIVE HIM A DINKY LITTLE PIECE OF GARBAGE THAT TICKLES THE OPPONENT AND MAKES THEM LAUGH AS OPPOSED TO BEING AWESOME AND BLOWING THEM HALFWAY TO HELL AND BACK HE WAS THE ONLY CHARACTER I LEGIT HAD FUN PLAYING WHY

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I'd just use the actual Wii but I have no SD cards. It does not read SDHC, and I cannot find just plain SD cards anywhere anymore.
Go to any CVS or walgreens, trust me i just went there an hour ago because my old sd card was 5 mbs too small.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Bye bye ivysaur :(, couldn't handle the nerfs and just... just... so sad :(

Try Training room, so much fun xD

Oni Nick

Smash Rookie
Just got to try out 3.0. It's really nice. However, can anybody tell me why Peach's float has been nerfed? It just seems unnecessary, and it really takes much of the fun out of the character (for me at least). I couldn't really feel any major changes when playing Fox, Falco, or Sheik, which is why I am confused - Peach wasn't better than any of these in Melee.

Other than that I really enjoy the game. Especially Zelda and Mewtwo.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Due to the slightly-flawed model importer that we have to use – which we are currently working on replacing
Slightly flawed? Replacing?
You couldn't have said it even just a little bit nicer?

A little thanks would suffice, as I'm sure you know I've already done and what I'm doing for you at this very moment.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Common5, MiscData 90, textures, #351

tell me what you see

I thought you meant the square that appears under the stock icons, my bad. That's the stage select icon, and it's most definitely Pichu.

LiquidSNK

Smash Rookie
3 pages - already tons of complaints. Yowza.

I haven't gotten the chance to experiment with it much because all that clacking is bound to wake someone up in this shack of a house, but so far I like it.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Slightly flawed? Replacing?
You couldn't have said it even just a little bit nicer?

A little thanks would suffice, as I'm sure you know I've already done and what I'm doing for you at this very moment.

You know we wouldn't be where we are right now without your help or the existence of BrawlBox. You're even one of the people attempting to help replace the model importer because it's not perfect. We appreciate all your work BlackJax, we really do, and I'm sorry if it ever comes across that we don't. You're an asset to the Brawl modding community and always will be due to your contributions.

P.S. Black Rock Shooter rules

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Sorry, BlackJax96, didn't mean to come across as ungrateful. None of the extra 3.0 aesthetic stuff would be possible without that current importer, and we're very glad to have it.

At the time that that release letter was drafted a week ago we had several different PMBR and non-PMBR people looking into fixing up the lag issues in the importer and it's been an exhausting stretch of days getting everything ready for release.. haven't had a chance to update that to credit you with your ongoing efforts on it. Hit me up by PM or IRC if you have better ideas on how we can word that and properly accredit you.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Looks like somebody forgot to update the song info for the My Music menu. All of the new tracks are still named the same as the original ones.
Are you positive that you're using our mu_menumain and info.pac files? And are you using Full or Wifi?
I know for a fact that I fixed those today.

Yeah, why did DDD just get nerfs? Wasn't he comparatively on the lower end anyways? :c

Also, isn't only Fox nerfed by proxy from ceiling changes rather than Falco/Wolf too? Also, what about folks who also kill vertically?
D3's UpB change was that of design, not balance. The armor wasn't really necessary to the character.

Also FSmash was a fix, simple as that. The meteor range that hit aerial foes was actually LARGER than some ledgegrab ranges and was silly/dumb. Honestly amazed that wasn't abused more.

Also keep in mind that both higher ceilings and Melee shield pushback are beneficial to him.

Top Bottom