• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project AZ Project M and Melee Tournament

zman804

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who came and made this a wonderful event. Shout outs to Wobbles, Cori and Okami (Among others) for helping me set this up way back when. Shout outs to Cori and Vince for helping run the tournament day of. Shout outs to Shawn for doing the brackets. BIG shout outs to Haz of Team HAZmat for helping me with the stream. Shout outs to the Gaming Zone for providing a great venue and environment. Most importantly, shout outs to everyone who brought setups, you guys made the tournament awesome.

Please subscribe to our Youtube channel to see a bunch of these hype matches and follow us on twitch so you can see more AZ Smash!

http://www.youtube.com/user/azprojectmelee
http://www.twitch.tv/azprojectmelee

Results

Melee Doubles
1: ***** **** ($63.00)
2: Lil' Thangs Stoppin' ($18.00)
3: Fox And The Hoe ($9.00)
4: Team Awuauke
5: Renaldo y Renaldo
5: Qutro Puppy
7: Josh Paul
7: Virgin Melee
9: Dank

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/pPrRtfF.png?1

Project M Doubles

1: Double Edge Gown ($49.00)
2: SV PMD ($14.00)
3: Brawl Players ($7.00)
4: Qutro Puppy
5: Burnz
5: Canal Boys
7: Shyadoi

Bracket Image: http://i.mgur.com/vpnuUJV.png?1

Melee Singles:

1: Axe ($94.50)
2: Wobbles ($27.00)
3: Vectorman ($13.50)
4: Tai
5: Super Salty Serious Kyle
5: Neon
7: Smurfy
7: MaxPower
9: Trypt
9: Down To Fish
9: Dr. J
9: Forte Freak
13: ZAV
13: Zuko
13: Hawaian
13: Sythe
17: Greg
17: Soup
17: AppleApple
17: Vince
17: Glitch
17: Neha
17: Relic
17: Ray Mex
25: Avenger
25: Fear
25: =)

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/lnqIhhL.png?1

Project M Singles:

1: Axe/Taj ($80.50):pikachu2::marthmelee::marthmelee:
2: Super Salty Serious Kyle ($23.00):peach:
3: Falcoty ($11.50):charizard::lucas:
4: Heyseuss:dedede::ivysaur:
5: WiR K9:ness:
5: Tai :falcomelee:
7: Neon:lucario::fox::peach:
7: Calabral:lucas:
9: ESP
9: Greg
9: Cori
9: Tommy DM
13: Shallow BTG
13: ZMan
13: Burnzy
13: Chris Bell
17: Hank
17: Tehmoi
17: Trap
17: Dark Potata
17: Vince
17: =)
17: GV7
25: Relic

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/mtR1T0s.png?1

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'll go first second.

0: Zach - I really enjoyed the tourney man! I had such a good time, and I hope you can do more in the future. I know you put a lot of work into prepping this thing, and I know you will only get better at it. A lot of the problems people had are easily fixable (food, stream/bracket on the same CPU). I'm looking forward to PAZ II
0: Coty - Thanks for coming, I always enjoy playing you :) . Teach me how to ditto.
0: Cori - Thanks for coming! I hope you eventually come back, but if not I hope you can be happy away from the game.

Color Coded with character colors (sorry if I couldn't remember, I tried! :( )

1: Axe ($94.50) - I'm really happy for you man! You won melee, beat Kyle with Y Link, and got 2nd in both dubs. Congrats!
2: Wobbles ($27.00) - Always a pleasure to see you play and hear you commentate
3: Vectorman ($13.50) - I <333 your Yoshi. Those friendlies were fun.
4: Tai - Good Job
5: Super Salty Serious Kyle - Surprised at your placing, get em next time!
5: Neon - Good Job
7: Smurfy - GGs, Your Link is really great. I had fun meeting/playing you!
9: Trypt - I'm really proud of you for sticking with it and finally seeing results that better reflect how good you are. Lets keep practicing k? :D You'll get em next time.
9: Down To Fish - GGs, Falcon is a good kind of drug. I enjoyed our friendlies.
9: Dr. J - Good Job, Jeff! You placed really well for your first tournament! Keep coming back!
9: Forte Freak - GGS! HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS WELL SPENT! TOUGH BREAK IN DOUBLES! THERE'S NO HYPE LIKE CHRIS BELL HYPE!
13: Zuko - Didn't Play? (If this is Fonz/Zach, read Jeff's, same thing applies)
13: Scythe - I love your M2. Not 9th. Thanks for teaming with me. I'm really sorry for underperforming yesterday. My Bad.
17: Greg - Tough break in dubs. Your Peach is good. Friendlies were fun.
17: AppleApple - Don't get too beat up or psyched out after losing like that. Change it into positive energy and get better!
17: Vince - I didn't know you were at this tournament? Although there was some guy who kinda looked like you with shorter hair. j/k friendlies were fun.
17: Glitch - I had a ton of fun playing your IC/Falcon. Hope to see you again!
25: Avenger - GGs dude. I'm looking forward to the runback. A win is a win, but next time I won't kill myself 12 times. I wouldn't be too happy if I won a set like that. Salt Salt Salt.
25: Fear - I'm sorry your first tournament was so rough. You are better than your placing. Friendlies were fun.

Smiley, Neha, MaxPower, Relic, Ray Mex, ZAV, Hawaiian, Soup, Zuko? - I don't think I played any of you :(

EDIT: Since I'm blind

1: TAJ aka Sparkledragon aka W33DDR4G0N: Congratulations on Winning PM, you are such an amazing player. You went hamburgers in the hypest GF I've seen in a while. #2ez

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Even though I choked terribly hard in bracket, I'm still happy with winning $10 from the MM, good games JJ. Also, good games with everyone else. Also, thanks for the advice Smurfy, our games were also really fun. Good job for beating Wobbles in Grand Finals Axe. : ]

Trypt

Smash Cadet
1: Axe - YES! Finally seeing you in first for the first time in a while! Amazing matches, and I was so happy you took Kyle with your YL. :D

2: Wobbles - I know I said that you're the bane to my melee career, but honestly you help me more than anyone else. I'm gonna get there. I took a stock off you both games this time, so next tourny i'm shooting for 2, and then after that, you might actually go IC's on me, so I can try to learn all over again. >.<

3: Vectorman - Kind of sad I only got to play one friendly against you. Really hope you play against you some more in the near future!

4: Tai - Shoutouts to Tai for having his priorities in order.

5: Super Salty Serious Kyle - Didn't play any friendlies against me, I hate you. Peach is stupid. Teams are stupid.

5: Neon - *see Kyle's shoutout

7: Smurfy - GG's in losers man. I need to work on that link mu! Those up b's out of shield are gonna be the death of me. Well.. were the death of me...

7: MaxPower - Didn't play you at all, but I think you played Doc, ya? Awesome placing!

9: Trypt - You're getting there!

9: Down To Fish - Didn't play anything, hope we can play at the next one!

9: Dr. J - It was awesome to see you and Fonz again! Really solid job here guys, hope you can make it out to more future events!

9: Forte Freak - Calm the **** down Chris Bell.

13: Zuko - Same with Jeff's, it was awesome to see you guys again, and you both are definitlely strong players! Keep working on it, and keep coming out!

13: Sythe - GG's in brackets man! I feel like we play a lot, lol.

17: AppleApple - Calm down. Stop beating yourself.

25: =) - GG's in brackets man! You ***** me in brawl though. that game sucks. ):

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
This tourney was ultra fun. Just hot, but when is an AZ tourney not? I didn't really practice much leading up to this so I just ended up forfeiting most of my matches, but the ones I actually did play were really fun. I tried and I also got to use Roy, which is also a plus since I never really get that opportunity in Brawl. P:M was really hype but I was just having too much fun playing K9 I didn't wanna do anything else so I can't wait to watch a lot of the matches and also late bracket Melee as well when it gets uploaded.

Relic made me so mad when he went Toon Link in teams when he started using him like 20 minutes before OMG i was so mad at him.

We're never teaming again LOL I was so freaking mad at him. That was early enough in the day when I still cared too lol

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
You forgot
25. Wes
for Project M and Melee singles. I got exposed this tourney :( GGs everyone

AXE 09

Smash Master
Shoutouts to the SV crew! <3 You guys :) Vman, Smurfy, Calabrel (and of course your roommate too lol)

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
1: Axe - You're not fat, you're just too awesome for normal clothes to fit you right.
2: Wobbles - Always a pleasure to play you and hear your insight into the game.
3: Vectorman - Yoshi!
4: Tai - You represent everything I want to be (in Melee). Good ****.
5: Neon - You've gotten really good really fast.
7: Smurfy - Your Link is amazing as always.
7: MaxPower - Doc is gayyyyyyyyy.
13: Zuko - You did really well for your first tourney, keep it up!
17: AppleApple - Work on not SDing your spacing to unleash your true potential!
25: Avenger - Surprised you didn't place higher. Less vengeance, more patience!

0: Zach - Thanks for putting this tourney together.
0: Cori - Thanks for commentating.
0: Coty - Thanks for finding time to school me.

9: Down To Fish - Please don't let this be your last AZ tourney!

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
It was very fun with playing all of you except with the Sheiks the robbed me from 9th place with your dirty sheik sheikings, but that was fun too. :v

:L

Also, AppleApple I don't know if that was you underperforming or just Fsmash marthing. But it's all good, EVERYTHING IS FUN. I would be down to team again, especially considering that our team name is pristine.

Vortexmonkey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vortexhound
Switch FC
SW-3577-1144-3613
How much money is it to play and what time does it usually start? I'm really interested since I live in AZ!!

Last edited:

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
How much money is it to play and what time does it usually start? I'm really interested since I live in AZ!!
Holy moly I'm glad I subscribed to this thread lol, since smashboards is pretty much dead you should join the AZ FB group. Search "AZ Melee community" most if not all stuff about the goings on gets posted there.

Hope that helped!

Vortexmonkey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vortexhound
Switch FC
SW-3577-1144-3613
Holy moly I'm glad I subscribed to this thread lol, since smashboards is pretty much dead you should join the AZ FB group. Search "AZ Melee community" most if not all stuff about the goings on gets posted there.

Hope that helped!
Thanks bro I will

Top Bottom