• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Peach Dair

Nana Saves Popo

Smash Rookie
So one of my best friends is a Peach main (of course -.-) and I'm having some trouble with this approach he does. It starts with a pulling a turnip. Then he starts to float above Usmash or Utilt range, throws the turnip, and normally tries to follow it up with several floating Dairs. I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this approach or knew of some tips? I find that I don't really have many options when he gets a Dair out on my shield and 90% of the time either me of Nana end up eating a Dair to Nair combo. Any ideas for what I can do?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Could you not just meet him in the air with an aerial OoS? Or if he gets low enough, shueldgrab?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So one of my best friends is a Peach main (of course -.-) and I'm having some trouble with this approach he does. It starts with a pulling a turnip. Then he starts to float above Usmash or Utilt range, throws the turnip, and normally tries to follow it up with several floating Dairs. I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this approach or knew of some tips? I find that I don't really have many options when he gets a Dair out on my shield and 90% of the time either me of Nana end up eating a Dair to Nair combo. Any ideas for what I can do?
Do you mean he drops the float then throws the turnip, or that he drops the turnip while floating and then Dairs you?

Peach's float is great, but can be really telegraphed. You can always go for something like Neutral B to get her out of her float. I don't know too much about ICs though, sorry!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Peach's dair is weird, but you're uair ought to smack him right out of it.
don't worry about that turnip either, uair will knock that out of the way.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
catch the turnip and throw it back before he dairs, unless you dont have time for that. Dair can often be shieldgrabbed so dont be afraid to try that if peach is low enough. Other then that, i recommend playing puff against peach since puff cant really get punished for missing a rest, and dominates the air more then peach do.

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
catch the turnip and throw it back before he dairs, unless you dont have time for that. Dair can often be shieldgrabbed so dont be afraid to try that if peach is low enough. Other then that, i recommend playing puff against peach since puff cant really get punished for missing a rest, and dominates the air more then peach do.
You can't win counterpick wars. Don't take the easy way out :p

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
it's true, counterpick wars are a terrible idea.
you cp puff, they cp fox, you have a bad time.
And I mean, puff does well against peach, but she doesn't dominate her.
You see a lot of IC players go sheik or something in the matchup, but it usually doesn't work well.

like I said, I think uair answers your problem.

Top Bottom