• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty useless desyncs from teeters and holding up on control stick(may be known)

cupofwater

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3823-9392-3814
Warning: If you wanted to learn anything useful you've come to the wrong place

I am pretty sure this is known as the landing desync in exarch's guide, but it could also just be a spin on it.

I've observed some interesting desyncs by slowly tilting up on the control stick until you're tilting as far up as possible. To know you've done it slow enough you shouldn't have jumped or double jumped. You can do this on the ground and in the air. If you jump with the y or x button while holding up, when you land (if you've done this while your airborne, then they will desync when you land as well), Nana starts jumping independently. With Popo on the ground and Nana in the air you can f-smash and fair at the same time as an example. This independent jumping seems to stop when an action is inputted for Nana (you can still continue desyncing), but I'm not 100% sure on this. While holding up you can tilt the control stick anywhere from about 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock to make both climbers walk, or Nana move in her jump while Popo walks if you already used this to desync, but going past the diagonal notches on your controller will cause them to resync (I don't know what the animation is called that causes them to resync, sorry).

When you do this desync both climbers receive whatever inputs you make, but Nana receives them in the air and Popo does on the ground.

By walking you can make Popo only teeter on a ledge and when you walk back the climbers will desync as well if you are holding up. This desync can be input during Popo's teeter and when you turn back Nana can start jumping independently as well, making this probably the quickest way to execute this desync.

Plus some highly in-applicable and sort of known desyncs involving teeters.

When it comes to teeters we know that when Nana is teetering Popo can act independently provided that he doesn't move enough to were Nana will want to go with him. If Popo falls off the platform then Nana will fall with him but the two will be desynced, if Popo walks back far enough then Nana will do an independent full hop but you can't make her do anything during it AFAIK.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I use these sometimes. You can straight desync out of a teeter cancel if you do it quick enough. It's cool because you can use the cstick when you dash away and nana will be in the air so you can have her throw out a high aerial then you can wd to the ledge while she's doing that.
It's very situational, but it's nice for covering multiple options.

Top Bottom