• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
i love armada and all but i low key dont want him to ever win over here. the second he gets first, the european fangirls are gonna blow up the boards lol
There's only one fangirl in europe and that's myself, however I'd find it tad difficult blowing up the boards with excessive fangirlish squeals and whatnot, in the case I found myself somehow inclined to do such a thing. :p

Besides, don't you mean fanboys? lol

Oh and cool, the amateur bracket has actually been used outside finnish smash scene. It's good to see it has gone well . :3

OverLord

Smash Ace
Kevin I'm so proud of you.

I remember when you came out winning against Chu in GF and people was like "who the **** is this guy?", and now this...

You really deserved it man, Willpower moulds the Universe.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
dont act like you didnt like the pokemon theme when you was a kid lol

I admit dbz theme is sick but pokemon was before all that ****!

DRAGON DRAGON!

You guys forget most of the community are kids or young adults. If you wanna hate then keep it to yourself

Spife

Smash Master
Awesome as always. Get at me for the Spike/Spife typo :3

shout outs later, if I can remember them zzz

Lobos

Smash Master
SHOUT OUTS!

Plank - This has been my favorite pound yet, ever since pound 2 I can say that hands down. Glad I could help where I could since I initially learned TOing from you. I will get what footage I have soon so that we can relive Pound 5!

Alex strife - Good **** as always, its always a pleasure working with you. Also my psn is lobos12 since you did mention that you just got mvc3 :awesome:

Crimas - Always a pleasure and I have yet another badge from you lol

Dr.pp - Good stuff winning pound 5, grand finals was an awesome set. I was hoping to get some words from you for the video but we had to leave.

Armada - <3 you for bringing out that young link....good job as always

Hbox - Good job crawling under the table :awesome:

Greg - I saw you stomping and kneeing people to beyond hell...good ****

Hat - The joke man! Always good seeing you

Cape - That cape was too good, thanks for playing friendlies with me even tho I'm super rusty!

Chillin/Azen/Mild - Good seeing old H2YL back for one more....lol ****ing mild coming in the brawl room asking to join the bracket for $500 LMAO

Redd - Good seeing dude......man at pound 2 you were smaller than me and now you are taller than me LOL good **** in dubs!

Laijin/vist - Good **** in teams, that luigi is so beastly! Good job ****** amatuer brackets laijin lol

overtriforce/strawhat dahean - Nice meeting you guys, my spanish is kinda of rusty lol

voodoo - fun times! stop ranting about brawl LMAO :awesome:

tec0 - you were sober this time!

tope/cyrain - good **** SOVA coming and repping

All in all it was very fun and I will work on getting that vid up asap!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
anyone who was also eliminated from round 1 pools, i challenge you to a mm.

i was so ready to place in that amateur bracket after my first round pool had harriettheguy, blunted object, and vanz. but i had to get back to NC, so i couldn't stay to ****.

/salt
quoted for extra salt.

i'm pretty glad that silentSWAG made top 3 in the AM bracket.

edit: wtf did swag go sheik against laijin? that kids fox pushes buttons like a champ, there's no way i'd sheik ditto if i could push buttons like him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
quoted for extra salt.

i'm pretty glad that silentSWAG made top 3 in the AM bracket.
Sure. I'll mm you. I didn't make it out of r1 pool. I'm salty because I didn't get warmups, but I'll try to redeem myself. :3 (I still got experience from the tourny tho)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Will make shootouts at home and post am results when home but thanks for comic everyone

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I love how my name is at the very top of the results for 2nd round pools, lol. Get ***** my pool! I just wish Plank hadn't changed my name back to Blunted_Object10. I guess my brother deserves credit for going and placing 17th though. Heard he beat Shroom'd in brackets too. Good **** Eric. =)

Also, good **** Linguini for beating my bro in 1st pools. ****'n BEAST!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wait...linguini wasn't in blunted's first round pool...?

unless your bro came back and told you about this awesome ganon that almost took a match off of him in R1 pools...almost...cause that was me...:(

and ranmaru, i'm down. any other's who didn't make it out of R1?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Am bracket was reallll sloppy but is def. a good idea. If i had known that much money was on the line i wouldnt have quit out of it. O.o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Will make shootouts at home and post am results when home but thanks for comic everyone
Lol shoot outs.

wait...linguini wasn't in blunted's first round pool...?

unless your bro came back and told you about this awesome ganon that almost took a match off of him in R1 pools...almost...cause that was me...:(

and ranmaru, i'm down. any other's who didn't make it out of R1?
Superman, Strong Bad, etc. I don't know if they want to MM or not.

What is your location? Would you be able to come to Philly for a melee tournament?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
noted, wenz.

it's just kinda sad cuz idk when i'll see you guys again. by pound 6 (yeah, i said it.) i'll be a top ganon lol. taking all you guys money will feel a little bad, so i hope to see you guys again soon. maybe zenith?

edit: i'm in NC, so philly isn't close, but not as bad as other locations. if there was something sizable and pretty hype, i might would get try to get a car together. barring something huge though, my next travel north would be zenith, and thats assuming i'm not doing anything this summer that'd keep me here in NC.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha. Don't think we won't practice. : P

Zenith is fine. I gotta find a ride there. : D

Cyrain

Smash Ace
wtf cyrain you were hella pissed about losing to LOZR and XiF and then you go and get 9th on day 3?
beast mode activate

I was hella impressed with your play Cyrain.
I woke up at 9 am thursday morning for work. Stayed up melee practicing. Slept 2 hours. Woke up, hung out all day, expected to get to Sage's house friday night and get some sleep before the tournament. Instead, our car broke down, I had to spend a lot of extra cash on a bus and a cab to barely make it to the tournament at the time it was supposed to start, won my first round pool, took MAYBE a one hour nap, then played round 2 pools. At that point I had been more or less awake for like 57ish hours straight after a super stressful day trying to figure out how the **** I was going to even make it to the tourney in first place. So yes, I was ****ing furious when I lost. I didn't want to go into 3rd round pools at such an intense tournament with such a low seed. Luckily, I slept like a muh****a that night, woke up and beasted the hell out of some people the next day. So there's my story. This tourney was mad fun though. And thanks for the compliment bro. It was nice to come mere hits away from breaking into that sexy top 8. Maybe next time.

Just a few shoutouts

Tope- Get some sleep next time and **** singles. Good **** in teams. <3
KirbyKaze- We need way more friendlies next time man. I'm sorry we had to play in tourney when you didn't seem very warmed up. I wish we'd both been at our best for that match. I was really, really excited to play you. Also congratulations for being the cutest smash player. <3
Amsah- Playing you was such a pleasure. I'm a pretty big fan of yours and have wanted to play you for a looooong time. Keep up the ****.
Dr.peepee- We barely talked at this and we didn't play even once. =/ Congrats on winning though.
L0zr- Sorry I was so salty about our matches. You're a great dude and one of my favorite smashers. It's nice to see you making a comeback after your long hiatus. I gotchu next time though bro =D <3
V3ctorman- Wtttfffff your Yoshi is SO amazing. Playing you was so scary x_x Keep up the good work dude. Thanks for showing me some yoshi tricks. Maybe next time we play I'll actually have a decent yoshi haha.
Yoshido/Sage/Chris- We need to start playing more often so TR can make a brutal comeback and start ****** again. Yeeee.
M2K- I may as well have just been bending over and letting your marth **** me in the *** when we played. You intimidate the hell out of me and your Marth is too ****ing good. Next tourney, I'm gonna harass you to teach me that match-up. Good **** in the tourney though. Keep playing Meleeeeeeee. **** Brawl.
Hbox- Didn't really get to play you at this one, unfortunately. Hopefull next time we can get in some friendlies. Grats on placing so damn well even though you were sick. Hope that food poisoning isn't wrecking you too hard. Get better soon. <3
Armada- You're amazing. Still didn't get to play you, damn it...
Shroomed- Next time we meet, someone will get a dollar from someone else haha. Had a lot of fun money matching you. I had no idea how ridiculous your doc is. Keep that **** up dude.
Zhu- Glad to see you decided to come out to *Pound*. When you told me that you were probably quitting competitive Melee for the most part, it broke my heart. =( <3
Unknown522- You're one of the nicest smash players I've met. Sitting and talking to you is such a pleasure. It was so much fun playing you in tournament. Watching you fall asleep in your chair during grand finals was pretty funny too. Get some more sleep next time! Not that I can say anything about that x_x Also, you referring to me by my full name was pretty funny. It always trips me out when I get called "Cameron" at a smash tournament haha. Keep it up with that **** fox though, man.
Raynex- Same thing for you. You're such a nice and helpful guy. I appreciate all the tips you've given me over the last couple tournaments. You're really great at breaking down match-ups and explaining it. For a while I had been practicing waveshining --> turn around in the last shine --> wavedashing out of it backwards --> uptilt combos, but I couldn't ever get it consistently. I saw you doing it a bunch at this tourney and it inspired me to start practicing it again. I love your style and your fox is really inspiring to me.
Dart!- Wish we could've played when I was in a better mood. I had just lost to Cactuar when we played, so I was being really quiet and contemplative and thinking too hard about the defeat. Your Marth is maaadddd good though. I had no idea. I've definitely got to get a lot of friendlies with you the next time we meet man.
Axe- was a pleasant surprise to see you at this. We didn't get aannnyyyy friendlies though. Next time for sure. You're such a champion dude. I can't believe how much better you have gotten since Apex.
Chillin- Good stuff making bracket. Also thanks for the gay falling up-air tricksies. They've been helping me against spacies player SO much. I know you said you wanted to quit Melee, but you should keep it up man. We can make VA awesome again.
Chu- For as little as you practice this game, you're soooo ****ing good at it. I don't understand how. Either way, good **** in teams with Redd and for doing so well in singles.
Redd- Beast mode. Totally knew you had it in you. I hope you keep it up and continue to improve.
Cactuar- I think I said "**** you cactus" a record number of times at this tournament, but you know I really love you. Your fox is so ****ing beastly despite the fact that you don't play much anymore.
Colbol- Didn't get to play you much, but it was nice seeing you as always.
Linguini- we didn't play or engage in activities of any other sort at this. In fact, we like didn't even speak to each other. =(
Toasty- I love you.
Hax- Good **** at beasting this tournament.
XiF- Sorry about my poor attitude in pools. Good thing we all hung out and went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had a great time afterward.
FullMetal- We didn't MM. =( Gayz. Good stuff in the tournament man. You've improved sooo ****ing much lately.
MacD- You weren't lying. You do suck. Jeez. learn to play this game.
Plank- Thanks for hosting an amaaaaazing tourney. Is this TRULY the last one? Oh and if you ever need fox practice man just come to Richmond for one night. I'm pretty sure I'm damn near as good as it gets in that matchup.
Faab- Wish we had gotten to play some more friendlies after our teams set. You are such a nice guy and you gave me soooo many compliments hahaha. It was a real pleasure to meet you.

God there are so many other people, but I'm not very sober at the moment. Don't feel left out if I forgot you. I know I forgot tons of people, but i'll come back to this later. Til then ima go pass out

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol @ hugs *****ing about the pokemon theme song...just lol

GOOD STUFF KEVIN FOR WINNING YOU **** =]=]<3<3

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Man I really wish I signed up for the amateur bracket now, I might've been top 5

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
goods hit kels, dart, renechris, lance, and ******** <3 midwest

hondafoo and Strongbad too. if theres more i didnt know about sorry

also to hax for owning hard and being highest placing falcon main

and to cactuar for being the highest placing fox main

and to pp armada and hbox for being really good

Zoro

Smash Champion

Amazing tournament
most fun I've had in a long time

First of all thank you HDL for rooming with us. All of us had such a great time. We grew real close in the short time we were together. We will visit you in PR, but keep coming to US/FL tournaments. Thanks for showing me so much and making my link way better than what it was. I feel confident in him now.

To all the players I played in tournament and friendlies: Thank you for the great matches, it was truly a pleasure.

Sorry if i looked funny, my right eye hurt really bad for whatever reason.

Please more pound tournaments.....i don't want this to be the last one.

CTL17

Smash Lord
OK, I'll finally post shoutouts:

Plank: It's too bad you need to move on in life. I'd try to run bigger things, but I only have so much credibility.
Cape/Renth: You two are so old and gimmicky. Hope to see you around some more.
Amsah/Remen/Faab: Hope we didn't bore you guys when you lived with us.
Armada: If you read this, you probably made it to Sweden just fine.
Strawhat D/Over: If you read this, you probably made it to Spain just fine (or you're still at DKuo's place). Our metro system sucks.
Strawhats: If you read this, ... it means you didn't get lost on the metro.
PockyD: I'm not stalking you, I swear.
crismas: I like catching turnips. You're a rare kind.
J666: Came all the way over here to get beaten by someone you have never heard of in front of your GF... in two events. I feel kind of bad.
Hyuga: Glad to see my save wasn't in vain when you beat Over.
Milkman: Well, you did get better. Hope I can play you in a serious match when I'm not being my usual self.
Yayuhz: No, Fire Fox does not make the person you hit go in the direction you go. What game are you playing?
Sneak/Bl@ckChris: Super close set. Too bad our pool was more death than others.
KirbyKaze: I'm just proud of the rest on you from under DK64. Blame Otto.

Everyone from MD/VA: I'll just shoutout to you guys in person... whenever we meet again.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can you post the characters that each person used for bracket results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom