• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Pokemon theme song singing under GFs...

I live miles away from P#5 and I was in my room alone watching the stream when they started singing the pokemon theme song and i swear... I was embarrased...

Grow up dawgs >_>

It's okay to "express oneself" but there honestly there should be a limit...

Maybe im just a bit too harsh as i think the whole "USA-chanting" is also gay as hell :awesome:

Reioumu

Smash Lord
lol wow no need to put the dude on blast now. >_>
I'll put that guy on blast all I like. He keeps lying about quitting to get a job, using other people's money to get to these tournaments. Owes the smash community over $1000. There was a reason he was banned from APEX and I thought he was going to be banned from this too, but he got in last minute.

Reason why I'm so salty about this is that he still owes me $210 from pound 4 a year ago (and plank knew about it, but maybe forgot)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
AYE

My voice is gone, my neck/back/hands/thumbs are so sore and I am exhausted from so much driving but I can safely say that I have zero regrets about making it to this. It was my first national where I was really happy with how I was playing and having all my hard work/training for this really pay off super motivated me to keep playing. Thank you to everyone I played who offered so many compliments, gave me advice, ***** me, got ***** by me, or beat me on the very last hit/last stock so I could see the finish line but could still feel the distance I have yet to cover. It was an honor.

Also, seeing so much talent and getting to talk/spend time with so many fantastically gifted and good natured people made me so proud of this community.

Even during the Poke theme song, sorry Hugo. ;]

So glad I could be there to be there to help fuel the immense hype. Thunderdome status. Hearing our Stack It Up v2 chant radiate through the venue in the total darkness during GF will not be something I soon forget, and I know Armada will be hearing it in his dreams.

The main new thing though: getting Kevin Nanney or this community to change his tag to Peeps.

Alternatively, you guys can continue you getting P'D(!) on. :083:

Posting full shout outs for this tourney would be a RIDICULOUS undertaking but let's see how busy I get at work today.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So many people are getting mad serious about people singing a song from Nintendo while watching people play in a tourney for a game by Nintendo starring Nintendo characters on a Nintendo stage.

what

i can understand people wanting to "not be embrassed" or make the community look "professional" or whatever

but **** man let it slide.

They were playing on Pokemon stadium for christ sake. 90% of the people there have played pokemon. 70% of the people STILL do.

It's not like the community does this on a regular basis. It was a once in a blue moon thing. groups of people are allowed to let loose every now and then. this was supposed to be a weekend get away looool

Give it a rest. The community had their fun and every other fighting game community is guilty of having some sort of moment where they chant some inside meme or song or something.

And anyone complaining about USA chant is obviously mad salty. If USA went to EU and EU didnt chant their region/country in GF, then they have obvious issues. It's only right to support your state/region/country/world.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^I like liking this.

Didn't go here, stream worked fine, nice to all of the EC people attending and doing well. Grand finals was fun to watch. couldn't go nooo.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Plank you know I got nothin but love for you and your tourneys, but come on, this is frankly just naive. Whether or not it's inconsiderate of the players not to take initiative (it probably is), the fact is that this happens all the time and has to be accounted for. I think people generally are good about playing their matches and staying around their TVs when there's a pool captain keeping track of things, the issue comes in when you try to get one of the players in the pool to be responsible for everyone else in the pool too - they don't want to have to wrangle the players that wander off, especially if your pool contains noted wanderers like M2K.

I remember at VLS, someone made the mistake of assigning a certain well-known player the task of running his pool, and that player played all his matches in a row and promptly left the venue. The pool was still not finished 2 hours later.
Definitely Hyuga, I understand where you're coming from. I guess the difference is I'm not really okay with just lowering the bar to say "it has to be accounted for". You don't have much obligation as a player except to report who won your matches you play, and that is a basic tournament standard. Nothing that can be done, though, I guess. It's just annoying when all of that burdon falls on the TO's 10x harder than it would've been to write down a few numbers.

But it's all good, I was just venting.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Once again good **** Plank for running this event.

And can i just message you my paypal and you send the brawl $ through there? or does it have to be sent in the mail?

0Room

Smash Lord
While on the subject of embarrassment and nerds and whatnot...

When I got on the elevator to check out, a few people were in there going to the event right after #5. They're comments? "What was that thing they were having with all the nerds?" I swear I busted out laughing and they caught on that myself and Alpha were part of that. When we got off, they told us "Bye Geeks!"

My point? People know the stereotype regardless of what we do I suppose. It'd be extremely trying to change that image (though I'm not disagreeing with anyone here, my point is to simply note that people notice us simply because we play video games: yes I just repeated myself).
It's sad that it's like that, but unfortunately it is like that.
I mean personally my friends and I were like "you can tell who's here because of the tournament and who lives around here/who's staying in the hotel."
We really did stick out.

Even so, who cares? Let them think what they want.
I would personally much rather play smash than almost anything they could come up with.
However, if they were rich, had a Ferrari, and let me drive it, that might take some considering...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Once again good **** Plank for running this event.

And can i just message you my paypal and you send the brawl $ through there? or does it have to be sent in the mail?
I already transferred money out of paypal, so i'll need to mail it, and thanks!

Also I found a sprint phone and the only smasher I recognized in the list was Pierce. I called "home" and left a voicemail saying the phone was left at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, and gave the phone to their security desk.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I assume this is public knowledge, if not I'm sorry.

How much were the payouts for each event?
I get the final bill Wednesday. Depends how many rooms were rented out, how much damage was done to the venue, etc

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
wow that pokemon chant was NOT gay sir

me and xif started that **** off and the whole room singing along in unison was ****ing legit

plus PP was comboing to the song so it was legit x2

otg

Smash Master
I mean it's just kind of gay.

I still play pokemon and I like the theme song, but singing it in unison?

Come on son.
Gotta second my ***** Mike here. I still play Pokemon and I'm not ashamed to talk about it with my friends and loved ones, but something about that just seemed corny as hell. Can't really put my finger on it. I'm sure if I was there in the moment, I'd be the loudest one singing there, doing a harmony to all the parts and what not, but while spectating it on the stream? It just seemed awkward and weird.

Carry on tho, I'm sure it was lots of fun.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
However, if they were rich, had a Ferrari, and let me drive it, that might take some considering...
What kind of greater satisfaction could you get out of driving a Ferrari as opposed to PLAYING SMASH BROS
Priorities man

Shoutouts eventually (maybe)

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Well done John. Once again a stellar tournament.

My favorite moment just had to be watching M2K/Armada playing friendlies with a bunch of different teams while munching down a steak burrito from Chipotle. There were one or two wombo combo-esque moments that nearly made me spit out my food. Blasphemy!...?

Ranmaru – Good fun playing your Doc; maybe I’ve still got that ancient mentality but I feel the Sheik/Doc NTSC match is always an uphill battle for poor Doc. KM was the Marth player in our pool who is a veteran of the game and has been around a long time.

KM – Awesome to finally meet you and talk about smash in the old days. East and West coast alternates at FC, lol. Well done capitalizing on my major mistakes in R1 pools and taking 1st seed.

JPOBS – Pretty sweet how you flew out here from Jamaica. Close games too, and I’m sure you learned tons from this tournament.

FullMetalAlchemist – Well done finishing me off in R2. As at HERB2 I feel like we are on a similar level and should try to get some more games in at some point.

KirbyKaze – Really nice guy in person. Thanks for some of the Sheik tips. Stalling in the lava on Brinstar made me smile mid-game 

Milkman – Well done. Really fast reactions and patient play with Fox. Definitely look up Tope, Cyrain, and crew if you’re currently in Richmond.

Hot$ - Nice to meet you. Really fast and pretty technical Fox!

Vist + Laijin – What an absolute beast of a Luigi in teams. And watching you guys vs M2K and Armada was hype! Well done taking me and Ace out.

M2K + Armada – Dear lord playing you guys in pools was downright scary. Seems like there was no breathing room and no space on the stage at any given time. Hopefully you made it to Chipotle Armada.

Amsah + Remen + Faab - Great to see you guys across the pond again. Bit sad we couldn't get many (if any) games in, but there was so much going on!

Axe + V3ctorMan – Really fun meeting you guys and playing friendlies in that random hotel room we later got kicked out of. Would be an absolute wrecking crew in PAL.

Alukkard + Vanz – Wow your teamwork was really impressive. Still in shock Ace and I couldn’t take a game from ya. Also thanks again for the directions to Starbucks; when I run out of Red Bull there’s only one place to go.

Tope + Cyrain – Amazing teamwork. Vince and I should visit Richmond at some point...! Cyrain 9th?? Way to go! VA son! Tope thanks for keeping me in perspective and for the support.

IHSB – Haha yea I remember your name but probably only because I’m a fan of Lost, 24, and The Beanstalk ;-). Great conversation regarding the legend that is Mel Brooks and great fun teaming with ya in a couple of friendlies.

Redd – Nice to finally meet you and put a face to that SWF avatar ;-) Too bad you’re in the opposite part of VA or we would definitely get some regular games in.

DrPP – Legend. Great job man you did it!

Lozr – Amazing play during teams Adam. Be sweet to kick it in NC sometime with you, Dave, some beer and go out fishing one weekend.

Azen + Chillin – Great to see you guys again. To me a breath of fresh air was brought back into teams play with a lot of forgotten combos and smash knowledge when I watched you guys play. And almost everytime Azen landed a f-smash I was thinking, “Yep I woulda got hit by that one too.”

Yayhuuz, NC Hype, and XIF – Thanks for making me laugh during some of those “hype” moments. Lol.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
@ HugS - I feel you man, but as corny and stupid as it looked, it was just a bunch of kids totally amped and excited about the conclusion to an amazing weekend. who are we to stop them? there was no purposeful heckling, in-crowd trash talk or anything, it was just the center of the smash world at the moment and people enjoyed it. it did look stupid.... from an outsiders point of view... but we DID stick out in this place already for 3 days... it's not like it made it any worse!

AYE

My voice is gone, my neck/back/hands/thumbs are so sore and I am exhausted from so much driving but I can safely say that I have zero regrets about making it to this. I was really happy with how I was playing and having all my hard work/training for this really pay off super motivated me to keep playing. Thank you to everyone I played who offered so many compliments, gave me advice, ***** me, got ***** by me, or beat me on the very last hit/last stock so I could see the finish line but could still feel the distance I have yet to cover. It was an honor.

Also, seeing so much talent and getting to talk/spend time with so many fantastically gifted and good natured people made me so proud of this community.
^i just wanted to quote this because thats how we should all feel after such a great tournament.... well spoken.

ggs to everyone i can remember playing ihavespaceballs kyupuff G$ alukard ambix hax scar fulmetal remen kels blunted_object darksyde lozr colbol lovage doh kirbykaze sanuzi vanz mewtwo from 2nd pool the lake and anyone else i dont remember, and of course KM plank kaiser scattered TA, hy2l and team richmond for being tight as hell

HugS™

Smash Lord
@ HugS - I feel you man, but as corny and stupid as it looked, it was just a bunch of kids totally amped and excited about the conclusion to an amazing weekend. who are we to stop them? there was no purposeful heckling, in-crowd trash talk or anything, it was just the center of the smash world at the moment and people enjoyed it. it did look stupid.... from an outsiders point of view... but we DID stick out in this place already for 3 days... it's not like it made it any worse!

^i just wanted to quote this because thats how we should all feel after such a great tournament.... well spoken.

ggs to everyone i can remember playing ihavespaceballs kyupuff G$ alukard ambix hax scar fulmetal remen kels blunted_object darksyde lozr colbol lovage doh kirbykaze sanuzi vanz mewtwo from 2nd pool the lake and anyone else i dont remember, and of course KM plank kaiser scattered TA, hy2l and team richmond for being tight as hell
I'm feeling that stance a LOT more than the other stances being thrown around. Gotcha.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Will there be a bracket image uploaded soon?
This.

Amsah and remen: get ***** by 2 amazing players?
Nah Im still pround of you guys.

Faab: DJ Nintendo in your face :p

PP: GOD DAMNN!

Hax: My Hero

M2k: no. Just no.

I had a blast watching the stream with Fernandez, together with 1100 people from around the world . Sooo Thanks a lot Vman!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lain won amateur melee bracket? lol
Laijin isnt lain.

Hey guys, next time some1 turns you down for anything because people who play the same game as you sung the pokemon theme song you let me know. Seriously, SHUT THE **** UP. This doesnt make us look any worse than we already do. We play a 10 year old kids party game.

To everyone who is offended: please find the nearest door and get the **** out of the melee community. We dont need you, and by the sound of your attitude we would probably be better off without you.

Us singing the song WILL NEVER IN ANY WAY AFFECT YOU, NOT ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, NOT IN A MONETARY WAY, NOT IN ANY WAY EVER.

Ps

**** you.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i love armada and all but i low key dont want him to ever win over here. the second he gets first, the european fangirls are gonna blow up the boards lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Ps #3
False alarm on #2 i found your dildo in my bag, idk why you put it there, but that must be why your mad, ill be sure to get it back to you asap.

This is directed at everyone *****ing, not just hugs. Idk how i ended up with a bag full of dildos, some kind of practical joke gone wrong i guess.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
I probably wouldn't have joined in with the theme song, but I can't criticize it either. I mean, we're at a tournament for bros here, it's fairly difficult to get rid of the stereotype we get, who cares tbh.

Haters gonna hate

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If only I wasn't as hungover as I was yesterday . . . I would have been screamin my head off for more battles.

I mean, watching that last battle with L0zR/PP against G-Money and Mango . . . No one was doing anything but intently watching the match. So quiet. Not how it should have been, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom