• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V.5: - November 9th, 2013 - Frederick, MD Featuring M2K, Scorp, and MD/VA's Best!

lami

Smash Journeyman
Hoping I can come to my first Smash tourney. The getting bodied will be nothing in comparison to meeting you cool folks in person.

CTL17

Smash Lord
If dkuo actually manages to go, that gives me quite the motivation to go. The test isn't going to be that hard anyway. My only problem is that I don't have a car myself, so some other MI person would have to offer the ride.

KariteSama

Smash Apprentice
I'm there for P:M! Can't wait. So cool to be a part of such a historic tournament series. Also, read through all the posts and Armada is just the coolest dude around.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm there for P:M! Can't wait. So cool to be a part of such a historic tournament series. Also, read through all the posts and Armada is just the coolest dude around.
You're in York? We should play sometime. You're like 40 min from me (which makes you the second closest Smasher to me, sadly lol).

KariteSama

Smash Apprentice
You're in York? We should play sometime. You're like 40 min from me (which makes you the second closest Smasher to me, sadly lol).
ya id be down for that. i mostly play P:M but i started in melee and need to practice. im not good yet but im getting there.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Plank are you going to be paying us back from Pound5? I said before I'd keep my updates pubic so I will.

Someone clearly didn't read.
Any additional funds received from venue fee above the costs of paying for tournament expenses will go to p5 entrants. it will be ~90 entrants to pay off the venue and all expenses. Any venue fee funds received after the venue fee will go to any p5 winners that attend, or if none attend, will be saved for the next one or mailed to someone, I haven't thought about those specifics yet. So if 120 people come, and it takes 90 to pay off, that's 30 people extra=$300 which will go to p5 winners.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Just a suggestion, but rather than relying on only the venue fee to pay people back, why not add 5$ or so onto the singles fee to be set aside for the P5 winners?

If you clearly advertise it beforehand, I don't think anyone attending would have a problem with it, and this way even if only 100 people attend, there's still notable progress being made towards paying off Pound 5.

Speaking of attendance, which top players are coming to this? I recall Hbox/PP/M2K showing interest earlier in the thread, but it'd probably increase hype if everyone knew beforehand who will be there.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Just a suggestion, but rather than relying on only the venue fee to pay people back, why not add 5$ or so onto the singles fee to be set aside for the P5 winners?

If you clearly advertise it beforehand, I don't think anyone attending would have a problem with it, and this way even if only 100 people attend, there's still notable progress being made towards paying off Pound 5.

Speaking of attendance, which top players are coming to this? I recall Hbox/PP/M2K showing interest earlier in the thread, but it'd probably increase hype if everyone knew beforehand who will be there.
i've floated around a lot of ideas, and people are generally NOT ok at all with this. i have no idea if m2k/mango/pp are coming. theyve all expressed interest individually, but nothing confirmed. hbox is busy with school.

Bones0

Smash Legend

If you add $5 onto the singles fee to be given to P5 winners, it's not really part of the singles fee, is it? It just becomes a higher venue fee for people who enter singles...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I mean this in the friendliest way possible.

I'm coming to **** ALL OF YOU MOTHER ****ERS UP!!!!!!!

bring your A game.

See you all this weekend.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ok awesome. i updated the main thread w/ vgbootcamp stream info and the PM ruleset. please send any questions to me on the fb group on the first page. ill get them quicker. ill get them here but slower. PLEASE bring setups!! i want to have tons like usual... theres enough space for them. BRING them md/va!! we've done it recently we can do it here and its gonna be gdlk.

Laijin

Smash Hero

lol you must be high or something.
no way am I, the true winner of P5, will spend extra money on singles to pay some fake winners off.

They can get the extra venue money.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
EmuKiller and I are going to this. Looking forward to playing as many people as I can and seeing some old faces lol. I'll MM anyone who wants to. : P

Top Bottom