• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V.5: - November 9th, 2013 - Frederick, MD Featuring M2K, Scorp, and MD/VA's Best!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
KOkingpin, we will meet properly at this, and we will ganon ditto (even though i dropped him, i may pick him back up as a true secondary by the time this tourney happens)

it's about dang time.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
awesome kingpin!

i just wanna take the time here to say how seriously proud i am of this community for what just happened with evo. the way everyone rallied around the breast cancer donation thing in the first place was amazing - but how quickly everyone responded to nintendo and made a HUGE company like that do a total 180 is so incredible. sometimes in companies like that decisions are made without the right people being notified - without the consequences being made clear to the people in charge. we MADE the consequences clear and we MADE this happen. everyone better be at evo, or if like me you can't be, you better watch evo. support our game, let's get the coverage we deserve.

<3

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I don't really have an opinion on what happened with P5 but I wish Plank good luck with this event and that some attempt at redemption is made on his apart aside from hosting this event. It's easy to speak your mind about something when it had nothing to do with you. At least Mew2King (one of the people most affected by the fiasco) is being civil about it. If this man who lost $1,500 (or whatever it was) can give the man a second chance and see what happens, I don't see the reason for the hate. And for the record, I am not a Plank supporter, I'm a supporter for what's right. So basically what GIMR said a few pages back.

Good luck to those who enter. Hopefully the series returns to it former glory. Who doesn't love a good event?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
This is pretty cool. No real opinion on what's happened in the past, I wasn't around for that and it's been 2 years.

However, I did enjoy my previous experiences at Pound. I'll see about making it this time around. :D

Zone

Smash Champion
Maybe I'll see how my finances are around september. No promises though.

I'm willing to give plank another shot. I ran a local on mothersday and lost only about 90 bucks. I just imagine that one mistake multiplied by 400 and I can easily put myself in the shoes of plank. Of course I didn't need to take winnings to pay the venue. 90 bucks is no biggie, but multiple thousand is no joke.

Welcome bak plank I can see guilt has run it's toll because now you want to make an effort to pay back and that takes work.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hm.

I didn't know you had other personal things going on, so this makes much more sense. I know firsthand how personal things will ALWAYS cause disasters in other areas of your life. I'm hoping things are much better for you now and you keep doing well!

I will happily be attending this tournament and fully support your decision, Plank. =) I have no idea how much I was supposed to make but I trust your best TO judgment regarding that amount and I'll keep a tab on how much I make if it can make things go more smoothly.

I never got paid back any after P5 btw @ Hbox. People started some meal fund for me and that never panned out.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Copied from facebook group. Also if you're planning on going please confirm there, since that's where most of the activity is.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/447796065315672/497889170306361/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

Less than a month! Here are a few details I haven't really been over.

- VGBC/Xanadu games will be providing 10 TV's. I have a few as well, as does Tantalus. Please bring cubes/wii's for Project Melee, and please bring additional TV's! Anyone who's been to any of my tournies knows the most important thing to me is having enough setups for everyone to be able to play, essentially, whenever they want. I am setting up the night before, so there will be a plethora of setups as soon as the venue opens.

-I have to rent chairs/tables from the venue. Each chair is $1, and each table is, I believe, $4? Is anyone able to bring additional chairs and/or tables? I figure I'll end up renting tables, but as many chairs as I can get, if people have like folding chairs, would be awesome. ...tl;dr

-I could use additional power strips. I lost most my previous *Pound* supplies in the shuffle of multiple moves and such.

-The same day as the tournament there is a big gun show at the fairgrounds as well. There won't be any loud shooting or anything, just one of those thingies people can buy them at. There is also a Farmer's Market on the fairgrounds from 8AM until 2PM. They serve affordable breakfast/lunch.

-Housing is available for those traveling. Rides from the airport or train stations are also available. Just let me know.

-I have the venue until midnight, if we need it until then. I am going to aim to end by 10-11 though. Please be on time, I am going to really try to stick to the schedule for starting up. Registration always takes a while, so please get there early, sign up, and get some practice in!

That's really all i've got for now. #

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
9 AM. Aiming to end registration by 11 so I can get the tournaments started by 12.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
What is the attendance expectancy for this? My brother and I thinking about coming from Ky, I am luigigoShard btw, haven't recovered my password for that account yet lo

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Welp at least we know sliq is still alive. Scar was just saying about how he missed you and that the commentary during the darkrain and saroush was his favorite commentary of all time.

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Now that pm is confirmed we should get something in op about it.
Also, i confirmed with JCaesar that i will be co-hosting PM along with him, just to make extra sure things run smoothly.

Anyone have any questions regarding Project M at the upcoming tournament, please reach out to either of us. See you there!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Now that pm is confirmed we should get something in op about it.
Also, i confirmed with JCaesar that i will be co-hosting PM along with him, just to make extra sure things run smoothly.

Anyone have any questions regarding Project M at the upcoming tournament, please reach out to either of us. See you there!
Van. I'm relying on you to up the # of legal stages!

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I'm contemplating coming by to spectate/play friendlies at some point. Haven't been to a smash tournament since like 2007, but seeing as I live right in Frederick, it couldn't hurt to swing by.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Everybody who was on the fence for coming should now have every reason to come, because kirbstir is going to pound v.5

Top Bottom