• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A set of new and possibly legit pictures were posted on 4chan today with what could be the final roster for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and maybe Wii U. Debate is still ongoing concerning the legitimacy of this leak due to the choice of characters and the general vagueness of leaks.

Could this be the Final Roster?!
It contains all of the characters revealed up until now as well as the following veterans:
  • Wario
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Ganondorf
  • R.O.B.
  • Falco
  • Ness
As well as including newcomers such as:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Dark Pit
  • Shulk
It features the returning veteran that missed out on Brawl:
  • Dr. Mario
Also, not appearing on this potential final roster is:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Lucas
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Snake
  • Wolf
Those who defend this leak have stated that these character renders look professional and they have never been seen before - especially Ness and the Duck Hunt Dog. Those against the leak cite that the overall quality is inconsistent and other graphical errors such as Wario missing a pupil and Mr. Game and Watch's hand going out of his tile. It is also interesting to note that the Mii Fighter is absent on the select screen. This could either mean it is fake or that the picture consists of a mode where Mii Fighters are not supported which was confirmed to exist during E3 2014. Skepticism is best considering the nature of this leak.

In addition, this was picture posted on 4chan:

What does the "?" on Mewtwo mean?
A number of other photos were also included in the 4chan post:

The character display screen showing Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, and Ness.

A screen showing King Dedede, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, and Luigi.

Same but showing Little Mac, Link, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede. Probably before this one.

Along with the potentially leaked roster was the stage select screen. It shows previously revealed stages such as Golden Plains, Rainbow Road, and Tortimer Island but also reveals some never before seen stages such as a Yoshi stage, a F-Zero stage, Distant Planet, and a Xenoblade stage.

What are some of these stages??
Also potentially leaked was DLC content; citing that the following characters will be included as DLC in the future:
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chorus Men
As with any leak, take it with a grain of salt. The next few weeks will reveal whether it is real or fake for sure.

For the original post on 4chan, please follow the link below:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/258734312
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/258734312
To discuss more about this potential leak, visit the Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/

Venus isn't sure what to think about this but it has gotten him excited! Share in this excitement by following him on Twitter @VenustoBloom. Kudos to @Neo Zero for unearthing this information and organizing it in the Smash 4 Leaks social group.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So...should we discuss this here?
Or just lament it's uncontested legitimacy?

I, for one, think it's fake. There's so much that doesn't add up here.
I highly doubt we'd get Dr. Mario, DHD, Dark Pit, while cutting Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf and not adding Mewtwo.

Plus, Shulk's face looks like Pit, and his hair like Male Robin. A lot of these things, at this resolution, could have been Photoshopped. Additionally, the fact that the cut characters are all DLC is a HUGE red flag for me, because seriously, that's stupid.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The fact that the renders appear to be new certainly increases the leak's validity, but it could just as easily be someone who's really bored and has good modeling skills

Recess

Smash Rookie
At this point im just hype for the game to be released. If duck hunt dog is seriously in this lmao #NewMain

If not gg to whoever had the photoshop skills to make these. +1

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just found out about this now. I'm going to concede and say it's real. It should be easy to tell once a character or stage gets revealed anyway. :p

At least Wolf, Chorus Kids and the Ice Climbers are DLC. Sucks about no K. Rool though. :/

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I'm calling fake.
Wouldn't you think that the character and stage select screens would have some sort of look to them instead of just being squares with pictures.

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Fake. Why would Lucina be so far away from the rest of the Fire Emblem cast?? fail.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I'm not one to trust leaks, even if they are considered "legitimate" I'm just going to be patient and wait for the real thing to come, as new information is officially revealed.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm not sure what to think. The Ice Climbers are a very strange omission.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Pfft, Bowser Jr? Whatever...
Wow those are pretty nice renders of Shulk and Duck Hunt though. I'm sad by the lack of Ice Climbers and Lucas. Ah well it's probably fake.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Even with the little legitimacy of this leak, this has truely left the Ridley thread in severe worry.

Dear lord...another 5-8 years of having to endure prejudice like never before from the detractors...such an awful fate to suffer.:urg:

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
May I ask why they are all in low quality? Has anyone ever realized a leak that's actually a leak is in good quality?

Also, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario share official artwork. Don't believe? Bowser Jr. has his artwork mostly covered because the artwork is the same as official artwork. Don't believe me? Compare this.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
You forgot to mention Jigglypuff as a returning veteran, just saying

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game & Watch does not look like the one portrayed in Pac-Man's trailer. I'll say it's fake.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Kinda weird that this gets posted on the main page with screenshot and everything, I mean, I don't mind 'cause I've been reading 'bout this all day; but I guess there's some people who may want to wait to learn 'bout the full roster.

...Then again this is looking less real by the minute.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Mr. Game & Watch musta put on moar weight since the Pac Man trailer! Has he been gobbling on Pac Man's pellets?

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
The "new" characters look a bit glaring in their textures as opposed to the rest of the cast. I think its fake, but who knows. Honestly though, so much disappoint that I hope it is fake. No Snake and those cuts...

linszoid

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai is fake leaking again.

I think it's fake because the characters are not group by universe. For example Lucina is nowhere near the other Fire Emblem characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom