• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Possible Spoilers] New Stages Potentially Leaked [Edit Confirmed Fake]

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Edit: This Leak Has Been Confirmed To Be Fake By Its Creators Here.
The full article is left below for people to view pictures of this fake leak and enjoy.​

With the incoming update announced it must come as no surprise that potential leaks have started to surface. It seems that incoming stages may have gotten leaked as well. To make this clear there is no confirmation on the validity of these leaks of any kind so it is up to the community to speculate on if these may be real or not. From here on out there is the potential for spoilers, so for those readers who do not wish to potentially see new content now is the time to run!

---​

This first leak shows that there may be a Dr. Mario stage on the way! Six separate screenshots have been released showing off the stage including the one shown above. This picture seems to show the stage in action potentially showing off what could be stage bosses in the viruses from the game. This picture shows Mario and Link fighting on the stage. This picture shows the stage on the Wii U stage select screen and this picture shows off the music selection screen. Excited? Well the potentially new stage hype doesn't stop here.

This picture has also surfaced hinting that we might see the return of the Great Bay stage from Melee! A stage that many have fond memories of, this would be a welcome addition to the game if it turns out to be real.

Real or fake? Only time can really tell but for now let the speculation begin in the comments below!

SmashCapps would be happy to see either of these stages return! To discuss if they are real or fake with him go check him out on Twitter.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think Dr. Mario's legit, Great Bay I'm skeptical of.

S

Silver_1357

I AM DOCTOR MARIO AND I AM SAVING LIVES, I LOOK DIFFERENT IN THIS GAME, I LOST THE HAT GOT A COAT DOCTOR'S LIGHT, STETHOSCOPE.

It just came to mind.

ewItsBoo

Smash Cadet
Great Bay is 100% fake, the text is on the 3DS system. Also, why the **** would he be watching a Nintendo Direct on a 3DS and take a picture of it?

Dr. Mario one is really convincing, but let's not jump to any conclusions, remember Rayman?

EDIT: I'm blind, the text is on the 3DS, but my second point still holds.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...The article just doesn't feel the same without the italicised "chat with me on Twitter" editor's comment at the bottom. Though I understand why there is none. :p

Stages look cool, I hope they are legit. I wonder if anything else will come tomorrow that we don't already know about. I'm not expecting characters, but the more content the better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dr. Mario seems legit but the great bay doesn't make sense. It looks good but isn't on the stage select for Dr. Mario. Only one can be real then it seems.
EDIT: NM if great bay is 3ds only, it could work.

Great Bay is 100% fake, the text is on the 3DS system. Also, why the **** would he be watching a Nintendo Direct on a 3DS and take a picture of it?

Dr. Mario one is really convincing, but let's not jump to any conclusions, remember Rayman?

EDIT: I'm blind, the text is on the 3DS, but my second point still holds.
This is inaccurate. The great bay is supposed from a direct played on the computer. The great bay pic lines up perfectly with how directs showcase 3ds shots in smash.

Last edited:

Facading

Smash Apprentice
Honestly who's idea was it to bring back the worst stages from melee -__-

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
YES

GREAT BAY

MY CHILDHOOD IS RETURNING

ewItsBoo

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario seems legit but the great bay doesn't make sense. It looks good but isn't on the stage select for Dr. Mario. Only one can be real then it seems.
EDIT: NM if great bay is 3ds only, it could work.

This is inaccurate. The great bay is supposed from a direct played on the computer. The great bay pic lines up perfectly with how directs showcase 3ds shots in smash.
That's a screenshot from a camera onto a 3DS...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ok for me

Unfortantly for the dr Mario one

if its fake its the best I've ever seen and he did better than smashified on rayman
(I think it real for short)

(and by unfortunate the evil spoiler guys triumph again.)

and also I want to point this out

http://nintendonews.com/2015/01/dr-mario-swapnote-stage-super-smash-bros/

the stage was found in the swap notes so which means I was right

I thought that the stuff in this might become dlc later on

so which leads to these specific parts.

However, ui_mark_db lists several icons that don’t actually exist in the game. Although the names aren’t always very specific, it is clear that four don’t belong: “plankton,” “rhythm,” “braintraining,” and “diary.” The images for the icons themselves aren’t in the game files, only their names. Still, there’s a lot to deduce just from these four words.

“Plankton” is easy to identify. It probably refers to Electroplankton; in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the stage Hanenbow was based on Electroplankton and had its own series icon on the Stage Select screen. The fact that the icon was planned to return suggests that Nintendo may have intended for Hanenbow to return as well.

The next icon, “rhythm,” readily calls to mind Nintendo’s stylus-tapping Rhythm Heaven series. PushDustIn notes that the rhythm icon was listed with the others that had playable characters in the game. It has been long rumored that the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven would appear as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Perhaps they were intended at one point, but cut during development.
rhythm icon was in it and it may have had playable's in it.

so a rhythm heaven rep could happen.

now as for the great bay

I'm going with fake on that one

it has the banner to announce stuff on the 3ds screen it would not have that.
(only way to prove real if its Nintendo direct footage.)

(which is likely not because the box does not go beyond the sides of the 3ds screen.)

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Dr. Mario is almost certainly legit. There are multiple images, and they're all clear and high-quality. I'd be surprised if it turns out to be fake. The stage also looks very fun and unique, to boot.

Great Bay I'm more skeptical of. It's a little on the lower side in terms of quality, and there's only one image, compared to Dr. Mario's multiple. It could still very well be legit, however.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
We need Yoshi's Story from Melee on the Wii U now.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Noticed something about the Dr. Mario My Music pic. At either end of the slider bar, it says "Less Likely" and "More Likely". However, in the actual game, it says "Rarely" and "Often". I thought that this might be some sort of European screenshot or something, but it still says "Rarely" and "Often" on the EU version of the Smash website. So it looks fake because of that one little detail. The rest looks really legitimate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
great bay was my favourite stage in melee so i wouldnt mind seeing it again

as for dr mario i guess id get it

Axe2TheMax

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axe2TheMax
3DS FC
1676-3697-0849
"This picture shows the music select screen"
. . .
"and this picture shows off the music selection screen. Excited?"

I think whoever wrote this got too excited

Dr_Falchion

Smash Cadet
I feel pretty confident that the Dr. Mario one is real. I'm less sure about Great Bay, so I'll give that one a maybe.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
At this point so many leaks have been real that I'm going to say real to both, haha

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Doctor Mario stage is legit, w/o a doubt. That is, unless Omni is back to his old tricks again....

Gonna need more proof on the Great Bay one though, especially since it's on 3DS.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Noticed something about the Dr. Mario My Music pic. At either end of the slider bar, it says "Less Likely" and "More Likely". However, in the actual game, it says "Rarely" and "Often". I thought that this might be some sort of European screenshot or something, but it still says "Rarely" and "Often" on the EU version of the Smash website. So it looks fake because of that one little detail. The rest looks really legitimate.
That's...interesting, to say the least. Theoretically, if this leak were fake, you wouldn't have to touch the "Rarely" and "Often" text. You'd just have to change the song titles. It's a mistake not an even an amateur would make, which, given the quality of this leak, the leaker clearly isn't. It must be part of the update or something.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova

With the incoming update announced it must come as no surprise that potential leaks have started to surface. It seems that incoming stages may have gotten leaked as well. To make this clear there is no confirmation on the validity of these leaks of any kind so it is up to the community to speculate on if these may be real or not. From here on out there is the potential for spoilers, so for those readers who do not wish to potentially see new content now is the time to run!

---​

This first leak shows that there may be a Dr. Mario stage on the way! Six separate screenshots have been released showing off the stage including the one shown above. This picture shows the music select screen. This picture seems to show the stage in action potentially showing off what could be stage bosses in the viruses from the game. This picture shows Mario and Link fighting on the stage. This picture shows the stage on the Wii U stage select screen and this picture shows off the music selection screen. Excited? Well the potentially new stage hype doesn't stop here.

This picture has also surfaced hinting that we might see the return of the Great Bay stage from Melee! A stage that many have fond memories of, this would be a welcome addition to the game if it turns out to be real.

Real or fake? Only time can really tell but for now let the speculation begin in the comments below!

SmashCapps would be happy to see either of these stages return! To discuss if they are real or fake with him go check him out on Twitter.
I'm just hoping for a new tournament legal stage

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Dr.Mario is probably real, but I have my doubts on the great bay one.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Great Bay was my favorite casual stage in Melee growing up, so it'd be really awesome to have that come back!

Dr. Mario stage seems cute. Probably better as a stage than as a clone character...

:093:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Great Bay one looks very real as well... I was more hesitant before the Dr. Mario leak, but I'm saying real to both, and we're getting a Direct soon.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
If you look closely at the Dr. Mari screenshots, you can see that the stage actually reflects what's going on in the jar in terms of pills and whatnot.

alohasnackbar

Smash Rookie
NNID
aceshadow920
3DS FC
1435-4905-2834
Doc stage looks legit, Great Bay I have questions about. Would be cool to see the latter back though.

But if they're bringing back Melee stages, then let me start #BringBackFountainOfDreams.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Actually, the EU Smash website (or the British one at least) has a disclaimer at the bottom which states that all screenshots are taken from the American version of the game, so don't let that take away from the leak. iirc, the PAL version of Brawl also used "Less Likely" and "More Likely" for My Music too. Just your friendly neighbourhood Brit, here to help! ;)

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so the concept of the Dr. Mario stage is absolutely genius. They have the game playing in the background, and the pills movement and the virus arrangement correlates to the background game. I'm sorry, but I feel like this is something only Sakurai and his team could come up with.

Also, the Great Bay graphics look like something I'd expect out of the 3DS version. It makes sense to have Great Bay, considering Majora's Mask 3D is a thing.

My Music looks legit as hell also.

To be honest, I think this is real. Keep in mind, a Dr. Mario stage exists in the coding of the Wii U version.

Top Bottom