• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PolyBash XI

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman

Alcohol, Melee and tournament!!!

ATTENDANCE FOR NOW : 29

Please read carefully, a lot of things is different from other tournament…

By the way: "Super Smash Bros - Montreal" is the official Melee facebook group in Quebec
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2434311472256.94183.1685760328&type=3#!/groups/124585747604393/

Poly Bash XI is a tournament with 3 differents games: SSBM, LoL and SC2. For SSBM, we have approximately 50 people allowed and 200 people for the 3 games. You CANT register to more than ONE game. You have to PRE-REG( see details below) for 2 reasons. First one, you will reserve your place and second one, IF you don’t PRE-REG, you will PAY extra fees to enter the day of the tournament (15$ instead of 10$).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tourney Host:
Pikalex (514-291-5621 textos only!!! Please write who who are)

Date:
March 3rd & 4th 2012

2900 boul. Edouard-Montpetit
Montreal, H3T 1J4
Salle La Rotonde
(There will be some direction in the school to help you)​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry Fees:

READ CAREFULLY BECAUSE THE PROCEDURE HAS CHANGED

Venue: $10.00 PRE REGISTRATION on this secured website via PAYPAL:
http://www.polybash.org/pb11/wordpress/?page_id=11
If you have some questions, please contact me
or you can go to buy some prevent ticket directly at school, but I don't know when!?
**** Those who do not pre-reg, will have to pay an extra fee to enter (15$ instead of 10$)

AND at the beginning of the tournament, you will register to enter Single or Double or both events.
Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $20.00 per team

Prize Payouts: Singles
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%

Prize Payouts: Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

We have the venue from 10 AM(Saturday) to 4 PM (Sunday)

Attempting Schedule:

Saturday:
11:00 AM- 12:30 AM - Venue opens/registration /Friendlies
1:00 PM – Melee double
4:00 PM – Melee Single pools
6:30 PM – Dinner
7:00 PM - Melee singles Bracket
midnight - Frienldies during all night long and draft tourneys

Sunday:
4 PM - Venue closes

little breakfast ON place for sale!!!

*** We enough people want to do a side event, we will!

Those who are late for the registration (which means after 12:30 PM) will start into the loser's bracket! NO JOHNS!

Venue Informations:
!!!! DRUGS IS TOTALLY FORBIDEN !!!!!
There will be some drink, food and alcohol sale on place
There will be also group sales for st-hubert and pizza organize by the venue
There’s a restaurant nearby: Restaurant le Percé 9, av Vincent-d'Indy, Outremont, QC H2V 4N7 (google it)

The best way to get to the venue is by Metro:
Station Université de Montreal
Check the map on place, cuz you’ll get lost for sure

CAR:
Google the address
There’s a parking lot, but we have to pay, unless you quit after midnight​

Melee Ruleset:

General Rules:

Singles Neutral Stages:
• Final Destination
• Yoshi’s Story
• Dreamland
• Battlefield
• Fountain of Dreams​

Singles Counterpicks:
• Pokemon Stadium​

Stage Bans
• For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
• For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.​

Doubles Neutral Stages:
• Final Destination
• Yoshi’s Story
• Dreamland
• Battlefield
• Pokemon Stadium​

Doubles Counterpicks:
• DK 64
• Jungle Japes
Stage Bans
• For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
• For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.​

Others rules
• 4 Stock Matches, 8 Minute Time limit
• All sets are best 2/3 games. Quarters Finals, Semis Final, Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals sets are best 3/5 games.
• All items off.
• If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
• Wobbling is banned
• Unless both players agree before a set, If you pause-reset a game, you forfeit that match. It doesn’t matter if you spiked your opponent, or if they were already dying off the top, just let the the game go to “GAME” in any tournament match.​

Set procedure:
1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
3. The players play the first match of the set.
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
9. The next match is played.
10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.​

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:
1.Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
2.Venue and Entry Fees
3.Arriving On Time
4.Maintaining Personal Hygiene
5.Controllers and Character Knowledge
6.Minimizing Whining​

SETUPS:
TVs(8): we need at least 15 of them
I have 8 of them but I’d like not to bring them all, so please tell me if you have a tv.
-PiKaLeX x8
-Polytechnique x6
-Comic
-
-
-
-
-
-​
*** If we have more than 15 TVs, it will be for frendlies only, which would be cool ;)

Melee setup (Console + disc) (4): we need 15 of them
-PiKaLeX x4
-Comic
-Fizzy
-That guy
-Fathuik
-Erayz
-Delaro
-
-

Melee Single Interest List:
The list on Polybash has priority over this one (which means, the 50 people who paid first are REALLY register)

1. PiKaLeX (paye)
2. Kage (paye)
3. Fatuik (paye)
4. Vrud
5. Thatguy (paye)
6. Mifune (paye)
7. Fizzi (paye)
8. Thunder Mustache (paye)
9.Blatm (paye)
10.Kyuuby (paye)
11.Androgynus (paye)
12.Barfuhok (paye)
13.Kratos (paye)
14.The upstair rooster (paye)
15.Topher (paye)
16.VinceX (paye)
17.ThatsPM (paye)
18.Melaf
19.Cheebs
20.Erayz (paye)
21.SSF (paye)
22.Delaro(paye)
23.Vincent (paye)
24.Glockenspiel (paye)
25.Kela (paye)
26.JLD (paye)
27.King in Yellow
28.Pokiloki (paye)
29.Jonk (paye)
51. Sorry, no more places

***There will be 8 pools (top 4 make it out)

Melee double:
Players who ned a team mate:
16.​

Melee Double Interest List:

16.​

Side Event: Vote on facebook: Super Smash Bros - Montreal

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Wow this is a lot sooner than I thought, looks like I'll have to step my game up soon lol.

Reserve me a spot please ;).

EDIT: Do we have to pay through the website? Or is there any other way we can cover the pre-reg cost without having to use the site?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You might want to change 2011 to 2012, lol.

I may be able to attend with Project M for friendlies. You'll be very happy to see that we fixed most problems that made it feel off from Melee. I'll confirm if I can get a TV.

Vista_Comic

Smash Rookie
Wow this is a lot sooner than I thought, looks like I'll have to step my game up soon lol.

Reserve me a spot please ;).

EDIT: Do we have to pay through the website? Or is there any other way we can cover the pre-reg cost without having to use the site?
You can either pay through the website with PayPal or credit card, or you can come pay in person at the École Polytechnique de Montréal (you should inform us of when you intend to come to make sure someone will be there). Other alternatives would be to send us your registration info and your money by mail (although it's a bit risky and we haven't done that in years) or finally, since you live in Laval, you could meet me at my work place (Best Buy in Centre Laval, one of our sponsors btw) and I'll be able to create your ticket manually on the website and take your payment in person.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Vista Comic, are there a maximum number of participants allowed for each game seperately? The website doesn't ask you what game you are signing up for. My concern is that all the slots may get taken up by SCII players for example, not leaving room for melee players.

Also can you sign up for multiple events at once or just one?

Blatm1

Smash Rookie
Two noobs signed up for melee: Blatm and Kyuuby. (Please don't put us in the same pool if possible.)

Vista_Comic

Smash Rookie
Vista Comic, are there a maximum number of participants allowed for each game seperately? The website doesn't ask you what game you are signing up for. My concern is that all the slots may get taken up by SCII players for example, not leaving room for melee players.

Also can you sign up for multiple events at once or just one?
The website asks which game you're signing for once you fill in the ticket details after the PayPal step. We're allowing for 50 Smash players for space constraints, 50 LoL players for time to complete the tournament constraints, the remaining is open for SC2 or free play.
And you can't sign up for more than one game, although for Smash you might be able to do single and double.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Looking forward to Polybash! Being my first serious tournament, hopefully i'll learn a thing or two in the process :)

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Yea but deep down he's thinking "muaahahhaah noobs to ****". Naw but honestly hopefully it'll be a fun first tournament. Good luck! :)

The website asks which game you're signing for once you fill in the ticket details after the PayPal step. We're allowing for 50 Smash players for space constraints, 50 LoL players for time to complete the tournament constraints, the remaining is open for SC2 or free play.
And you can't sign up for more than one game, although for Smash you might be able to do single and double.
I was saying more like... the order is messed up. Because let's say 50 people do sign up for melee, more people will potentially be able to sign up and pay with the intent of choosing melee. And then if the caps are enforced by the website, will be told, after paying, that they cannot sign up.

Vista_Comic

Smash Rookie
I was saying more like... the order is messed up. Because let's say 50 people do sign up for melee, more people will potentially be able to sign up and pay with the intent of choosing melee. And then if the caps are enforced by the website, will be told, after paying, that they cannot sign up.
I agree, but we are using a third party plugin for WordPress since we didn't want to screw arround with PayPal payments and lose ppl's money in the process. We are however modifying the code of the plugin (ex: the original participants page was horribly coded with hardcoded default ticket properties that no longer existed which messed up the display, so I rewrote that part completely), and in future events the ticket details will be filled before the payment. For the time being, we'll write down on the registration page in big bold letters that a tournament is full so people won't buy a ticket to then realize they can't sign up.

Delaro

Smash Cadet
Je pourrais m'essayer même si je ne suis pas une bête :p Might also bring a Gamecube + Gamedisc

SSF

Smash Rookie
SSF vas être là !!!!! :D

Quand je dit que je vais être là ces que j'ai déjas payer et que je suis inscrits !!!! :p

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Je veux juste vous rappeler que dire que vous venez n'est pas suffisant, il faut payer son billet EN LIGNE avant le 2 mars sans quoi vous devrez payer 5$ de plus a la porte le jour meme et risquer de ne pas avoir de place si on atteind 50 personnes

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
Hey this might be a stupid question but I cant read french. Do you have to bring your own computer to play SC2? Also is this at the same place they hosted lan ets?

Vista_Comic

Smash Rookie
Hey this might be a stupid question but I cant read french. Do you have to bring your own computer to play SC2? Also is this at the same place they hosted lan ets?
Yes you do have to bring your own computer to play the PC games, and no this is not where they host the LAN ETS, it's at the Polytechnique (on the University of Montreal campus).
Sorry for the language barrier, we'll try to make a bilingual site for next year. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask at comic@step.polymtl.ca (we'll answer much faster than on this forum thread that isn't operated by us)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Since I'll bring Project M, do you want me to bring a Melee disc too in case there are not enough setups?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Pikalex I just looked at the prize split and it looks like you have the same error as last tournament, there are 2 5th places and 1 4th place to split up (unless you intend to have the 5th placers play it out).

Are there designated sleeping quarters?

Anyone interested in a CvS2 format tournament as a side event? Pick 3 chars to be used in a set order, and have a 1v1 crew battle style.

Delaro

Smash Cadet
I payed on the tournament's site, you can comfirm me and one (Delaro and Kela). I'll also bring a cube+game disc and memry

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Since I'll bring Project M, do you want me to bring a Melee disc too in case there are not enough setups?

good idea! bring it... anyway I have 4 console but only 3 cds... if Im not able to find and other one, ill take yours

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll bring it. It's the least I can do since you're kind enough to have us there.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Lol Joel, I thought you meant an actual CvS2 tourney. haha.

But yeah, sounds cool. I know most people play 3 characs well enough to prolly want in on it. In said format, do you get 1 stock back when you win a match? You get approx 1/4 of your life back after a round in CvS2.. :3

Top Bottom