• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Kole - Snake
Are-Sigh - Meta Knight
Neon Ness - DDD ||| May have voted in another board.
J - Meta Knight
Chuee - Meta Knight

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Snake. If you don't know exactly how to play it, you'll lose to even scrubby Snakes. :c
other than that is def. MK. lol

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Interesting.

I want to say it sort of depends on region, like each zone has varying amounts of character volumes... one place might have a lot of D3s, another a lot of Snakes, still yet another might have a ton of Marths, but all 3 I find important to learn for Lucas.

Eh, I might be overthinking it. I'll just say D3 since I can only speak for myself and personally find it the most difficult.

Since I find there are less D3s in tourney than Snakes, I'd say it's more important to learn as much about that scenario as possible while you can, since you'd generally have more chances against Snake as a character.

But I mean, everybody plays differently, even among the same character. So a lot of it is also about reading the actual player. Tough question.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd say MK for Lucas. Don't know that MU and it will mess ya up.

Then Snake. Though I love that MU :o

Chuee

Smash Hero
MK because he's the character you're most likely to encounter in tournament.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
MK because he's the character you're most likely to encounter in tournament.
^^this^^

AND

Marth because most people are like "oh, a Lucas, i heard Marth's MU is 100-0"
i mean, i've fought people that choose Marth only because they think they can win just by using that character

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I feel there's still more of a stress on the mk matchup than any other character in many of the boards, and since he is essentially the opponent you will encounter at some point regardless of your zone, it just seems appropriate. Everyone has a back up mk anyway haha
So mk it is.
From there, it's just who you encounter the most.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
i gotta say snake, the best lucas with no snake experience could easily be caught off gaurd, but other than that it would def. be MK, with the amount of people that use him

Top Bottom