• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon World Championships Livestream this Weekend

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Pokemon Company International (TPCi) will host the 2014 Pokemon World Championships this weekend in Washingon, DC. The tournament features over 500 players from over 30 countries competing over two days. Players will compete for over $100,000 in scholarships, exclusive Pokemon merchandise, and trips to the 2015 World Championships. The 2013 Pokemon World Championships peaked at over 30,000 viewers on Twitch and was the first time the brand hosted their event on their own Twitch channel. Make sure to tune in to get a glimpse of what could be the future of Smash if deeper developer support is around the corner! We have the full schedule and livestream embed below - also make sure to check out the event landing page for live results!

Watch the Pokemon World Championships August 16th and 17th
Live-Stream Schedule
Approximate Eastern Daylight Time

Saturday, August 16
  • 9 a.m. : Opening Ceremony
  • 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. : Pokémon video game
  • 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. : Pokémon TCG
Sunday, August 17
  • 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. : Pokémon TCG
  • 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. : Pokémon Video Game
Monday, August 18
  • World Championships Saturday Rebroadcast
Tuesday, August 19
  • World Championships Sunday Rebroadcast

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Wow, missed the first day simply because I didn't know where they were streaming and I was too lazy to check twitter.

Will definitely watch at least some of it today.

EDIT: I thought the tourney started yesterday..... Welp, guess I'll watch it now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How come those Pikachu statues (without the trophies) aren't for sale? I would buy in a heartbeat.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
We got Audino at Gamescom, I imagine here we'll get gameplay of Mega Slowbro.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I dong care about tournaments or the trading card game or the Mega Audinos and whatnot!

Just give me Mega Wobbufet!!!

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Well, I'm working for the duration of both days. I guess I'll watch it later.

D

Deleted member

I actually did predict Greninja even though my friends were calling me insane for it.

I 100% believe Ridley, I think Mewtwo is probable and I'm 50/50 on K. Rool.
Me and my friend both predicted Greninja as well. Looking forward to playing as Ridley, Mewtwo, and maybe K. Rool

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Man, who knew Pachirisu would do well in high level Pokemon play?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Would never have thought PACHIRISU of all Pokemon would win..........
The wonders of that is Pokemon Double battles... Now I'm just waiting for Pikachu to step the f*** up since a Pikachu wannabe beat him to the World Championship.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who noticed the Mega Mewtwo "silhouettes" behind Pikachu? I wonder if they'll be "guests"...if you know what I'm saying...

Top Bottom