• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon #129: Magikarp for Super Smash Bros. 4!

Should Magikarp be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pbth.... All his moves should be Splash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He could have a share bit of Struggling moves to. You know, cause that's the OLD SKOOL WAY YA *****! :shades:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Scoliosis Jones
When will the front post be updated with the movesets, supporter list, recolours, and signature?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Scoliosis Jones
When will the front post be updated with the movesets, supporter list, recolours, and signature?
I'm not too sure yet. Thing is that I have two research papers due for the end of the semester, each having to be 8-10 pages. So once those are dealt with, hopefully I will have time to get back to this.

Really the only reason I made this without much in the post was so the thread could be MINE. I was being threatened that it would be stolen from me.

TOO BAD. IT'S ALL MINE NOW.

But really. Once everything I have to finish is indeed finished, I will take care of it.

AH **** it. I added some pictures and Frostwraith's colors to the OP. I will continue to update when I can.

Also, a quick tidbit. I have Injustice on my Wii U. It's ******* awesome. If anyone has a Wii U, Injustice, and would like to play or friend me online, let me know.

My username is ScoliosisxJones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Good ol' Magikarp. My second choice for a Fish Pokemon in Smash. But only because Qwilfish is a badass.

Having a fisherman in the background would be pretty cool, as well. This shall be this thread's theme song, because RandomEncounters is awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Magikarp needs a new evolution. Gyarados doesn't exactly exude the same kind of badassery as him

How about something liek this?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not broken for me, but the link for it does look odd

How about this:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Epic. For some reason I imagine that Pokemon as being the size of a worm. Can't envision it as being the same size as Gyarados.

Can he do anything other than splash? (Not that he would need it).

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
New idea: Make a fisherman that works like the Pokemon Trainer. He can swap between 6 Magikarp. That's 6 times the Karp. They'd all play exactly identically, but that's okay. Enemies will be overwhelmed by numbers.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
It's not broken for me, but the link for it does look odd

How about this:

This is what happens when you press B right at the last second when Magikarp is evolving.

That reminds me of a dream I once had where I was playing Pokemon Snap and I found a dying Goldeen that had half-way evolved into a Seaking washed up on the beach. When I tried photographing it it's name came up as some glitched text. Before that I turned around to see I was being followed by a Cubone and afterwards I was attacked by a herd of Pokemon led by a mutated Paras which was white, don't know who the other Pokemon were. Cool dream and an even cooler story. Hopefully 'dying Goldeen/Seaking abomination' can be an alt costume for Magikarp.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is what happens when you press B right at the last second when Magikarp is evolving.

That reminds me of a dream I once had where I was playing Pokemon Snap and I found a dying Goldeen that had half-way evolved into a Seaking washed up on the beach. When I tried photographing it it's name came up as some glitched text. Before that I turned around to see I was being followed by a Cubone and afterwards I was attacked by a herd of Pokemon led by a mutated Paras which was white, don't know who the other Pokemon were. Cool dream and an even cooler story. Hopefully 'dying Goldeen/Seaking abomination' can be an alt costume for Magikarp.
Can i have what you was smoking?

D

Deleted member

New idea: Make a fisherman that works like the Pokemon Trainer. He can swap between 6 Magikarp. That's 6 times the Karp. They'd all play exactly identically, but that's okay. Enemies will be overwhelmed by numbers.
Last one should be a Gyarados as a joke.

Also, you CANNOT switch manually; only when KO'd. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sad thing is, I can envision Magikarp working as the ultimate gag character....

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hmmm...

I can envision all of the dramatic and important roles magikarp will play in the SSE. Easily the badass of the group.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Snake: C-Colonel! I've come across some sort of cave demon!
Campbell: That's just a Magikarp, Snake. Leave it alone. You've got a more pressing task at hand.
Snake: I-I don't think I've encountered anything like this before. That dorsal fin looks like it could puncture flesh to the bone.
Campbell: I suppose if you let it. But really, Snake, this is serious. Get on with the real fight.
Snake: Agh! But it's Splashing so frantically! I can't even get near it!
Campbell: Have you forgotten about your projectiles? Toss a grenade at it.
Snake: It won't do any good! Those rock-hard scales could probably take a missile without giving in.
Campbell: Its Defense stat is only a measly 55!
Snake: Ugh! Agh! It's Splashing water on me! How do I stop it?!
Campbell: What? Snake, what's going on?! What's the problem with a little bit of -
Snake: LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Snake: C-Colonel! I've come across some sort of cave demon!
Campbell: That's just a Magikarp, Snake. Leave it alone. You've got a more pressing task at hand.
Snake: I-I don't think I've encountered anything like this before. That dorsal fin looks like it could puncture flesh to the bone.
Campbell: I suppose if you let it. But really, Snake, this is serious. Get on with the real fight.
Snake: Agh! But it's Splashing so frantically! I can't even get near it!
Campbell: Have you forgotten about your projectiles? Toss a grenade at it.
Snake: It won't do any good! Those rock-hard skills could probably take a missile without giving in.
Campbell: Its Defense stat is only a measly 55!
Snake: Ugh! Agh! It's Splashing water on me! How do I stop it?!
Campbell: What? Snake, what's going on?! What's the problem with a little bit of -
Snake: LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!!
Your a legend.

D

Deleted member

Don't you realize? Magikarp definitely has some rock-hard skills! :troll:

finalark

SNORLAX

Here is a GIF from the anime showing exactly how powerful Magikarp is. LOOK AT THAT POTENTIAL! He would easily surpass Pikachu on the SSB4 tier list, as shown here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Here is a GIF from the anime showing exactly how powerful Magikarp is. LOOK AT THAT POTENTIAL! He would easily surpass Pikachu on the SSB4 tier list, as shown here.
My... Splash is SOOO powerful, it will definitely be the most broken move in the game. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Might sounds like a stupid question, but how do I get things to collapse in my message, or add a moveset by quoting the person who made it? I'm a noob at making threads so...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
collapse is [collaps.e]INSERT HERE[/collaps.e] without the period

quote is
[QUOT.E]INSERT HERE[/QUOT.E]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Might sounds like a stupid question, but how do I get things to collapse in my message, or add a moveset by quoting the person who made it? I'm a noob at making threads so...
the format is [collapse=Username or whatever]....Post moveset here....[/collapse]

the result is this:
[collapse=Username or whatever]....Post moveset here....[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

I can imagine Magikarp facing against Goku. If Goku lost, Vegeta yells "Magikarp's power is over 9000!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom