• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

MVP

Smash Ace
question? what's with bowser's sprint? there's a couple of other things too i'm woundering about....

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
question? what's with bowser's sprint? there's a couple of other things too i'm woundering about....
Oh that haha. That was a random tweak I found and put it in for fun. I kept it there cause I thought it was freaking hillarious seeing bowser run full tilt at you. If you don't like it just replace bowsers fit motion PAC with that of original project m 2.5b cause I'm keeping it. I added it by going into brawls motion files and changing just his run animation.

I don't think it messes with gameplay. But if your having severe issues at me know.

What are your other questions?

rohdog

Smash Rookie
Hey there, joined just to ask this haha, but I was just wondering if there was any way to only use the stages from your pack in vanilla Project M? The pack is fantastic and I applaud all the effort and work you put into it, but I'm not a big fan of character reskins and some of the tweaks and coding changes, but I LOVE the amount and selection of stages!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey there, joined just to ask this haha, but I was just wondering if there was any way to only use the stages from your pack in vanilla Project M? The pack is fantastic and I applaud all the effort and work you put into it, but I'm not a big fan of character reskins and some of the tweaks and coding changes, but I LOVE the amount and selection of stages!
I don't really know what vanilla Project m is but you'll have to play around with its gct unless there's a premise pack somewhere. Mine was pre made and I built around it. Sorry bud.

rohdog

Smash Rookie
Oh sorry, by "vanilla" Project M I meant normal Project M, no mods. Ahhh I see, well where did you get the pre-made pack? Thank you for replying btw, much appreciated!

MVP

Smash Ace
Oh that haha. That was a random tweak I found and put it in for fun. I kept it there cause I thought it was freaking hillarious seeing bowser run full tilt at you. If you don't like it just replace bowsers fit motion PAC with that of original project m 2.5b cause I'm keeping it. I added it by going into brawls motion files and changing just his run animation.

I don't think it messes with gameplay. But if your having severe issues at me know.

What are your other questions?
Hahahahahah i thought it was hilarious to when i saw it. Is there anything else in here?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hahahahahah i thought it was hilarious to when i saw it. Is there anything else in here?
In terms of easter eggs? Well in the beginning intro I replaced one of the characters with an anime version of myself if you can find it ;) Besides that... There isn't much since I wanted to keep it based on Project M.

Majin_Jew

Smash Rookie
Hey do you know what file/s the character selection screen is? I just want the skins for the characters but not the stages, I was able to get the normal stages and the skins working, but the character selection screen is just the normal PM one. Any help would be great, thanks.

9steele9

Smash Rookie
is there a full changelog of all the character/stage textures you've added in anywhere? Also, how big is the file I'll be downloading for the wii version?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
is there a full changelog of all the character/stage textures you've added in anywhere? Also, how big is the file I'll be downloading for the wii version?
I'm heading to bed ATM but tomorrow ill be able to tell you the file size, I believe it's roughy 600mb, the file size should be on drop box.

As for the change log, I'm kind of in the midst of writing a credits readme to give due credit to all hacks used. As you may imagine this will be very time consuming. Making a change log would be very simple afterwords.

The best way to answer your question is this.

Download it and try it! You won't regret it and if you don't like you can delete :) Ill try to get you a changelog soon.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey do you know what file/s the character selection screen is? I just want the skins for the characters but not the stages, I was able to get the normal stages and the skins working, but the character selection screen is just the normal PM one. Any help would be great, thanks.
So I need a bit more information.

Are you trying to build your own hack from scratch or basing it off mine?
When you say returned stage to normal I'm assuming you just restored project Ms files into my hack (if you are basing it off mine). The CSS isn't that different if this is what you did. I don't have my computer on me but in Common 5 PAC somewhere haha the character selection screen images are located. I'm assuming in your attempt to tweak my hack you may have overwritten the new screen I put together (I'm assuming that's what you want? You don't want PM screen you want mine.

In essence, you wanted everything like my hack but normal stages?

Sorry if I'm way off. Just trying to help. Ill be more concrete after getting more information from you.

airpirate545

Smash Rookie
Is there any way I can use this on an sdhc?

Quick edit: I'm on a hacked wii and I launched p:m through riivolution before if that matters.

2nd Edit: Figured it out haha, all I had to do was put the files in /brawlmods/projectm to get it to work in brawl mod launcher for riivolution :) not all of the textures are showing up though, like Lopunny and Goku....

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is there any way I can use this on an sdhc?

Quick edit: I'm on a hacked wii and I launched p:m through riivolution before if that matters.

2nd Edit: Figured it out haha, all I had to do was put the files in /brawlmods/projectm to get it to work in brawl mod launcher for riivolution :) not all of the textures are showing up though, like Lopunny and Goku....
My hack works best without using Riivolution. Just launch Brawl normally and access stage builder. The project M version Im using is for hackless Wii's.

MVP

Smash Ace
the only complaint that i have with this mod is team battles are kinda confusing

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
the only complaint that i have with this mod is team battles are kinda confusing
Yah.. Haha nothing really I can do about that, since finding similar colour costumes would defeat the purpose :) It's fun talking to your partner about where or who he is haha. Team matches some times turn into universe vs universe if you know what I mean. But yes, when team matches is turned on the character choices are narrowed down. Any suggestions?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
For those of us who want to have either the stages only, or just the character textures.

Some options ya know
So in regards to options:

If you don't want my character skins but want the stages, look throughout this thread. I posted the link to where I got just the stage selection.

If you want characters but dont want all the stages, I dont understand why you would want this so this isnt an option. Just dont play a level.

If you want a vanilla project M download from their website :)

Does this answer your question? I can see where you are coming from kind of. If there's any other way I can help I can maybe make a custom build specific to you if you don't like the master.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Woah there Pat, you don't have to go so far to make a custom build for me, I would be in amazed with shock and in total debt to you with buckets of gratitude ready to shower you in.

And yes you answered my question thank you. I just want the stages, my mistake for not reading anything but the OP.

Good job Pat!

Jorgitis

Smash Rookie
First off, you deserve all the props; this is bloody awesome! I'm having loads of fun playing this with my brother :)
My only complaint is the fact that I can't see the shield when I block. I read in the OP that this is intended but I'd very much like to be able to see the shield bubble. If you could tell me what I need to do to make that happen, i'd be very grateful. But that's just a very small complaint, what you did is beyond awesome and my brother and I couldn't thank you enough for this awesomeness <3

On a side note: Ivisaur's skin, the pikmin thing, holy, it's been a while since I've laughed so hard xD!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
First off, you deserve all the props; this is bloody awesome! I'm having loads of fun playing this with my brother :)
My only complaint is the fact that I can't see the shield when I block. I read in the OP that this is intended but I'd very much like to be able to see the shield bubble. If you could tell me what I need to do to make that happen, i'd be very grateful. But that's just a very small complaint, what you did is beyond awesome and my brother and I couldn't thank you enough for this awesomeness <3

On a side note: Ivisaur's skin, the pikmin thing, holy, it's been a while since I've laughed so hard xD!
So in order to get back the shield you need to follow these steps.

1) Find Project m 2.5b online (the original)
2) Download and extract the hackless wii version to your computer
3) once downloaded open the extracted location and to into the folder titled codes
4) there is a .gct file in there. Copy that .gct file and replace the one currently on your sd card where my compilation is. You will then have shields back. Unfortunately this will also add back player tags during matches but no biggie.

Good luck!

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so i saw your k rool hack for bowser and i thought it was the greatest thing i've ever seen. i tried downloading it. but then i realized it was a rar file. and im on a mac. i cant use winrar on my mac so is there any way that i can get this file to work without it?? ;~;

and one more thing. since its a remodel and theres a question mark next to it does that mean its not wifi friendly?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
so i saw your k rool hack for bowser and i thought it was the greatest thing i've ever seen. i tried downloading it. but then i realized it was a rar file. and im on a mac. i cant use winrar on my mac so is there any way that i can get this file to work without it?? ;~;

and one more thing. since its a remodel and theres a question mark next to it does that mean its not wifi friendly?
I don't play wifi so I wouldnt know.

Here is the link to the brawl vault version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njmro0bjs65gm5t/K Rowser.zip

Remember I didn't make the characters! Just compiled them :) Good luck!

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
thank you so much for the files! but i tried them and idk how to get these to work. these seem different from the others. do i name them FitGKoopa##? or leave them as Krool##?
It's difficult to explain. Are you trying to build your own compilation? It's quite the process so try to google how to change character skins in brawl you'll get your answer faster.

Good luck.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Where could I find the Kongo Jungle (Melee) stage?

Can't find it on Brawl Vault
If not brawl vault I don't know where it would be. I got that stage from a hack pack but I do believe it can be downloaded from the vault. Give it another search and then ill try to find it for you later tonight :)

210stuna

Smash Lord
Thanks.

That helped. It was in one of Mewtwo's Expansion Packs.

I Hope it was produced well, and it's by Mewtwo, so hopefully I'm right.

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Hey this is awesome man, albeit I'm missing all the extra stages :/. I have all the extra character models working and it's fantastic. Some info: I'm running dolphin 3.5 on a mac. All I did to get it working to the extent that it is was to put the sd.raw file I downloaded from your dropbox into my Users/Wii folder (replacing the previous sd.raw). Is there something more I need to do to get the stages?

Thanks again dude

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Do I need to have some version of Project M more specialized than 2.6? With SSS expansion or something?

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
Your pack is amazing. My friends and I are really enjoying it. Since I'm on a mac its way more difficult to customize project m myself so this pack has brought much joy. Thank you so much.

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Your pack is amazing. My friends and I are really enjoying it. Since I'm on a mac its way more difficult to customize project m myself so this pack has brought much joy. Thank you so much.

Just out of curiousity, I'm on a mac aswell, does your version have the extra 36 stages? If so, what exactly did you do to install the mod?

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
Just out of curiousity, I'm on a mac aswell, does your version have the extra 36 stages? If so, what exactly did you do to install the mod?

I don't have the extra 36 stages. All I have is Pat Anderson's Texture Pack and JCaesar's Music Pack installed so far.

Actually I think I did have them in 2.5b though now that you mention it. hmm.

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
I don't have the extra 36 stages. All I have is Pat Anderson's Texture Pack and JCaesar's Music Pack installed so far.

Actually I think I did have them in 2.5b though now that you mention it. hmm.

I'm a total noob at this but it seemed to me his post indicated that the extra levels and the modified project m stage selection screen were simply built into the sd.raw file. I couldn't find the extra .pac files however, and certainly nothing appeared in the game

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
You know what, never mind. I figured it out. If anyone else is on dolphin and they only have the normal Project M stages, just message me and I can send you an sd.raw that has all of patt's character stuff and 77 stages.

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
You know what, never mind. I figured it out. If anyone else is on dolphin and they only have the normal Project M stages, just message me and I can send you an sd.raw that has all of patt's character stuff and 77 stages.

Ohh haha I just realized there is miscommunication. I meant that I installed Project M on my sd card, for my wii, on a mac and I couldn't use a program like brawl box to make a pack for myself unless I use something like wineskin. But still I don't have the maps. :( Not a big deal for me at least considering my friends like neutral stages all I'm waiting for is the skins compatible with 2.6.

Top Bottom