• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
  • "Insert your SD card after giving brawl a good 15 seconds and then wait another 15 seconds before launching stage builder.
The last bullet ensures it does not just freeze/spin at the stage builder menu. Hopefully it works out for you."

That should work let me know if this method works or not,

TwiIight

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, I love this mod! However I'd love it if there was one more skin, then it would be perfect: Midna Imp Form
That would be great, transforming between Midna Humanoid and Imp, would feel so much more complete.
Thanks for making such a great mod to PM!

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
Can Somebody Help Me I Try To Play The Project M Patt Edition But All I Get Is Just Normal pROJECT M And i have everything on the sd card can someone please help me?

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey Patt, I love this mod! However I'd love it if there was one more skin, then it would be perfect: Midna Imp Form
That would be great, transforming between Midna Humanoid and Imp, would feel so much more complete.
Thanks for making such a great mod to PM!
midna in imp form isnt really the same size at shiek or proportions as shiek at all to be honest. The model probably wouldn't match and thus would require an unbalanced shrunken model.

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27
cAN Someone help me only project m loads and everything is on the sd card
okay what are the folders and files on the root of your sd card. there should be apps, codes, private, projectm, background, boot.elf, and gameconfig. If that is not there try re-downloading the zip. If they are all there let me know and I will try to help you more. Also you should be using a 2gb sd card.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Hey Patt, the Random stage switch thing doesn't work. I know you probably got rid of it because you replaced most of the stages, but I was curious in which stages you replaced. Could you by any chance program it back in? Thanks.

trexx45

Smash Rookie
Hello, i wanted to ask if there is a way if someone can send me the download of SSBB PMPE 3.0.2-7 or .05. I really want to play on the melee final destination and the brawl version. Or if the creator can make another page with the old mod(s). So people that want to play on old stages,satisfies him or herself.

Or maybe you can add the 64 version, the melee version, the brawl version and the Wii U/3DS version so it's more epic, cuz those are(for me) the most important stages in the game, and the ones I play the most. I hope someone or everyone sees my message.

Thank you all!

trexx45

Smash Rookie
After using this pack, I have to say that it's amazing. I have been working on my own custom pack for a while because I couldn't find any that were just how I wanted it, but this is even better. Great work!
You should add all final destinations; ssb 64, ssbm, ssbb and ssb 3DS/Wii U. Those are the most used ones. And maybe bring the old battlefields too :)

Thanks!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
You should add all final destinations; ssb 64, ssbm, ssbb and ssb 3DS/Wii U. Those are the most used ones. And maybe bring the old battlefields too :)

Thanks!
the 3.0.2 11-b version of this pack (which is the latest version) has all previous Battlefield and Final Destination variants.

with the exception of the Melee FD. But if you'd like to have the best of both words:
-the Melee FD Stage
-the Smash4 FD Background

there is a mod you can install to get that: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205774
I made a video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lYXpYrsOw&t=2m35s

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So as you all know the release of 3.5 is imminent. Very imminent actually. And because of this my current pack will become obsolete. My goal is to have a working PMPE edition out before Sm4sh hits and will release subsequent bug fixes as time goes on. However, this is nearing the end of an era. Once sm4sh releases I may pick up project m a few times but mostly for the modes that aren't available on sm4sh. Modding 3.5 seems like a blast and I will do my best to keep up with it, but I do want to enjoy sm4sh for all its glory when it releases.

The next version will most likely:
Have no stage expansion at first (code issues)
Have no cbliss support at first (code issues)
Have no new css (code issues and I may just drop it anyway due to the controller but)

It will have choice skins for each character (please make a tally of your favourite ones)
New stages (with new music)
New music over existing stages and menu
New ui
It will have my classic artwork csps (not really mine but my gathered csps none the less)

Please keep in mind that updates such as cbliss and stage expansion take time and as such the first PMPE release will most likely be tournament friendly due to the lack of customization options. It may stay this way for a while.

PMPE will continue to be worked on by me, but remember this has only ever been a one man team (with bug fixes coming from the various modders and their work), so I won't be able to be astoundingly fast for this turn around.

So have patience, enjoy unmodded PM for a while and hopefully you'll come back to find PMPE back in all its glory. And, 4-6 years down the road you may see a patt edition emblem on the new smash 4. But time will only tell.

Have fun and happy smashing! Thanks for always supporting me.

Leland527

Smash Rookie
You should add excadrill over either falco (that is completely biased haha I love falco) or meta knight, the metaknight one actually kind of makes sense except for the jumps. In any case great pack and i'm very impressed with all the work you put into this.

Keep it up!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be wise to wait until the hotfixes are released, so you dont have to update the pack so much right away. (3.0 had 3.01 and 3.02 right?) I also think it's better to wait for the Stage Expansion and cBliss codes to be updated before you make a 3.5 version.

My friends and I will probably move onto stock 3.5 until you have a fixed controller bug and cBliss compatible version of 3.5 in order to not lose any of the current 3.02 skins (with the exception of the unbalanced "small/baby" character skins)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I think it would be wise to wait until the hotfixes are released, so you dont have to update the pack so much right away. (3.0 had 3.01 and 3.02 right?) I also think it's better to wait for the Stage Expansion and cBliss codes to be updated before you make a 3.5 version.

My friends and I will probably move onto stock 3.5 until you have a fixed controller bug and cBliss compatible version of 3.5 in order to not lose any of the current 3.02 skins (with the exception of the unbalanced "small/baby" character skins)
That's a good idea. If I release along side 3.5 anyways the hype will be downplayed ;) I'll obviously be fiddling with my personal build tomorrow just to see what works and get the graphic design elements in. I'm definitely going back to original brawl css layout with pixel art. That way it's still unique to pmpe but it's bugless. (Also how long do you really spend on the css anyways haha). The modder in me always wants to tweak so there won't be a break for me anyways. This next version will definitely be less bloated and glitchy as my most recent pack is.

For everyone: Please let me know of any skins you think should be replaced (ones with broken hit boxes or size mods) there's a lot of skins in this pack and I know some aren't ideal, it's just hard for me to find them. Please provide a list of characters for me to consider removing :)

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
How's 3.5 so far. I love that they took the menu on the whole DIFFERENT level.
It's so nice! For my first release I'm only replacing characters, some stages, music, and some UI.

It'll be bare bones but fun! (All star mode with goku, vageta and android 18 anyone?)

EDIT:

Almost done -1! Everything is working as it should, no stage expansion or pillar CSS though. It's still the good ole PMPE that you know and love! I am just replacing a few stages in the next few hours so expect an update to be pushed sometime tomorrow! Thanks for your patience everyone!

CSS!
TITLE SCREEN!

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
It's so nice! For my first release I'm only replacing characters, some stages, music, and some UI.

It'll be bare bones but fun! (All star mode with goku, vageta and android 18 anyone?)

EDIT:

Almost done -1! Everything is working as it should, no stage expansion or pillar CSS though. It's still the good ole PMPE that you know and love! I am just replacing a few stages in the next few hours so expect an update to be pushed sometime tomorrow! Thanks for your patience everyone!
Great! I replaced a couple of songs from Hoshi no Kaabii Anime and it does fits on Fountain of Dreams!

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
edit: haha wrong thread.

But I am hyped for the new 3.5 version!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
im excited! currently compiling a list of non-tourney stages you might want to replace with others, and a list of the skins that are unbalanced that warrant replacement
That would be handy! There are still going to be some fun skins but a lot of skins that were out of balance have been removed because of no cbliss. Wait until my release tomorrow and you can weed through those characters. It's so much easier to maintain this pack without cbliss or the expansion pack since random select and music menu work. I may just leave it like this for the long run.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I heard there had been problems adding/replacing custom stages and music in 3.5. Have you run into any problems with that?
Not yet! Haven't replaced stages yet but music has been fine.

EDIT: I was worried at first that my changes was causing issues with Allstar mode and stamina mode but I seem to be running into issues with it all over the place. If it doesn't work for you it isn't my build just a heads up. Expext 3.5.1(b) to come through with a fix but I'll still release in the meantime since I'm expecting minimal changes to the characters/stages/sound by then.

Last edited:

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
Not yet! Haven't replaced stages yet but music has been fine.

EDIT: I was worried at first that my changes was causing issues with Allstar mode and stamina mode but I seem to be running into issues with it all over the place. If it doesn't work for you it isn't my build just a heads up. Expext 3.5.1(b) to come through with a fix but I'll still release in the meantime since I'm expecting minimal changes to the characters/stages/sound by then.
I have a few suggestions of characters.
1. Robin or Chrom from the Fire Emblem series. (Chrom possibly replacing a Marthskin )
2. Plusle and Minun from the Pokemon series replacing an Ice Climbers skin
3. Shulk from the Xenoblade series
4. Dark Pit, I suggest putting his Brawl costume back or actually finding a newer Dark Pit model.
5. Freddy Fazbear from the Five Nights at Freddy's series maybe replacing one of Wario's?
6. Foxy the Pirate Fox from the Five Nights at Freddy's series maybe replacing one of Fox's?
7. Dark Link?
8. Natsu Dragneel from the anime Fairy Tail, perhaps.
9. Another Naruto character.

Hope you take my ideas :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I have a few suggestions of characters.
1. Robin or Chrom from the Fire Emblem series. (Chrom possibly replacing a Marthskin )
2. Plusle and Minun from the Pokemon series replacing an Ice Climbers skin
3. Shulk from the Xenoblade series
4. Dark Pit, I suggest putting his Brawl costume back or actually finding a newer Dark Pit model.
5. Freddy Fazbear from the Five Nights at Freddy's series maybe replacing one of Wario's?
6. Foxy the Pirate Fox from the Five Nights at Freddy's series maybe replacing one of Fox's?
7. Dark Link?
8. Natsu Dragneel from the anime Fairy Tail, perhaps.
9. Another Naruto character.

Hope you take my ideas :)
I'll look into them for the next release! This first release is simply to get the pack together and out there. Ill make modifications later :)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Stock 3.5 P.M. is fun but I rather play with the custom characters and extra stages of your mod so I'm looking forward to your 1.0 PMPE release. (Hopefully in the next few hours btw thanks you for putting this together it really does add a lot of variety to the base game)

Top Bottom