• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey Matt, I'm pretty upset right now. I digged all over my darn house looking for a stupid 2GB SD Card, but to no avail. Idk if they sell them at Walmart either. Do you think they'll have them at RadioShack? If so, how much would it cost?
walmart does not have them, radioshack either. Try gamestop, people trade their Wii's and DSi's with them and Gamestop resells them sometimes. I went in once and sold them out of 2GB SD cards, all 23 of them. jaja

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
Hey Patt i just wanna know 1 thing. Will your pack look the same on the wii u or is it gonna look different?

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Hey Patt! First off, I wanted to say thank you for providing this mod to the community. Me and my friends have spent COUNTLESS hours playing this mod and my friends beg me to bring my wii whenever we get together.

That being said, I have one small problem... A very small one.
When using Sonic on the stage: "The Beginning" I noticed that whenever I did my back throw, it resulted in an instant K.O.

I didn't have time to asses other stages to see if they had the same issue and it only happened when I used Sonic... This is a bit of a problem for me as I main him all the time...

Any ideas what might be happening here?
Regards, Tilk

J0KER_240

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the Hackless complete build and put all the files into a 2gb sd card but it won't start what should i do? My other sd card seems to load normal project m

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the Hackless complete build and put all the files into a 2gb sd card but it won't start what should i do? My other sd card seems to load normal project m
Unzip it on your computer, then copy that to the SD card.

MarillMau5

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, first off great job. I have a bug here on my end, when trying to play the stage Planet Namek the emulator (latest dolphin build) freezes up and i have to close the program through task manager.

Do you or anyone know about this, my game never freezes except when using this stage.

Last edited:

David Ducharme

Smash Rookie
:bowser:I don't know what was wrong. All I did was reformat the SD card again fully and re extracted the files from the zip. It works! :D I am so incredibly excited to get this going with my friends thank you!:bowser:

Last edited:

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27
Hey guys i'm new to smashboards and this is my first post! @ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson if there is any way you could give me a direct download link or another option I would really appreciate it. The mediafire one doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks!

Last edited:

officialsticktendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
sticktendo
So I had Patt's Edition that I picked up from a local game store (they were selling SD cards with PMPE preloaded on it). I just tried updating it last night, but I ran in to some problems. Basically I can get as far as the launcher in the stage builder (the new PM launcher, not the Gecko launcher) but when I try to launch PM, my Wii will reset and I'll be back at the Wii Menu. I tried reformatting the SD card and replacing everything but it still won't work. It may be a hardware problem, but if there's something I'm doing wrong I'd love to know!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So I had Patt's Edition that I picked up from a local game store (they were selling SD cards with PMPE preloaded on it). I just tried updating it last night, but I ran in to some problems. Basically I can get as far as the launcher in the stage builder (the new PM launcher, not the Gecko launcher) but when I try to launch PM, my Wii will reset and I'll be back at the Wii Menu. I tried reformatting the SD card and replacing everything but it still won't work. It may be a hardware problem, but if there's something I'm doing wrong I'd love to know!
Woah.. They're selling my sds with my pack preloaded on it?? For real? Even if it's a small store I'm.. Flattered. What store was it? What was the pricing) I hope they weren't jacking the price up or something.

Anyways, make sure that the card isn't in lock position. What version of brawl are you using? NTSC? Seems strange that it won't boot through. Try updating the PM launched from that screen maybe? Try again, sometimes it takes another go.

Thanks for playing my mod!

Hey guys i'm new to smashboards and this is my first post! @ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson if there is any way you could give me a direct download link or another option I would really appreciate it. The mediafire one doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks!
Unfortunately the direct link would do the same as going through media fire.. But I'll see what I can do. Check in for an edited post as I am on mobile.

Hey Patt, first off great job. I have a bug here on my end, when trying to play the stage Planet Namek the emulator (latest dolphin build) freezes up and i have to close the program through task manager.

Do you or anyone know about this, my game never freezes except when using this stage.
What characters are you using? What are the battle settings?

Ok thank you i will try that.
Did it work?
Hey Patt i just wanna know 1 thing. Will your pack look the same on the wii u or is it gonna look different?
It's the same on the wii u console (playing brawl) but if you mean me modding sm4sh then I have no idea haha

Hey Patt! First off, I wanted to say thank you for providing this mod to the community. Me and my friends have spent COUNTLESS hours playing this mod and my friends beg me to bring my wii whenever we get together.

That being said, I have one small problem... A very small one.
When using Sonic on the stage: "The Beginning" I noticed that whenever I did my back throw, it resulted in an instant K.O.

I didn't have time to ***** other stages to see if they had the same issue and it only happened when I used Sonic... This is a bit of a problem for me as I main him all the time...

Any ideas what might be happening here?
Regards, Tilk
That's weird. Now are you doing a back throw near the edge of the stage? It could just have small shoulder kill zones is all.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
OMFG PATT, YOU'RE THE BEST! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! <3 (not in that way, of course...)

I've never even modded my Wii U before. However, the first time it didn't work cuz my SD Card wasn't recognized. However, I tryed blowing on it, and clicked it in and out a couple times in desperation that it would work. To put salt to the wound, I held B on my Wii Remote as the Wii U logo could go automatically into Wii U, and it worked then! I cannot thank you enough for this, you're a genius. It's like Project M, but a thousand times better. (well, i like project m still, but 3.5 will probably change my current opinions. what you've done is multiply Project M by a thousand by adding tons of awesome new stuff. ^_^)

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
And despite those warnings you gave me, I went into My Music to see Bowser's Castle music. That was a bad idea. xD

Do you happen to have a list of the tracks that are different, and a possible list of which stages freeze in My Music? :)

EDIT: Also, why do all the tracks in Green Grove all have the wrong song names?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
And despite those warnings you gave me, I went into My Music to see Bowser's Castle music. That was a bad idea. xD

Do you happen to have a list of the tracks that are different, and a possible list of which stages freeze in My Music? :)

EDIT: Also, why do all the tracks in Green Grove all have the wrong song names?
Unsure about green grove. I may have to go in and change them again. (I also might have not known what they were and just named them anything..)

Go to my first post, near the bottom is a song list with all the replaced songs.

As its a pain in the butt to figure out what freezes or not I try to keep away from my music selection. I assume it's something to do with stage expansion pack (the freezing) but I'm unsure.

Glad you forgive it out friend! Enjoy

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Also, it stopped working after the third time I booted it up! D:.

It must be because for some reason there's this one random stage in the stage builder that loads forever and won't let me erase. I'm gonna delete it and redownload on my SD Card to see if it fixes anything. :cry:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Also, it stopped working after the third time I booted it up! D:.

It must be because for some reason there's this one random stage in the stage builder that loads forever and won't let me erase. I'm gonna delete it and redownload on my SD Card to see if it fixes anything. :cry:
Having any stages in stage builder on your wii is not a good idea :)

MarillMau5

Smash Rookie
Hey so I tried on regular versus mode, using planet namek with any combination of 2, 3 or 4 players freezes the emulator.
I was wondering if anyone else has issues with planet namek stage.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Also, can you make it so Classic doesn't crash sometimes? Thank you. :)
Hey btw, I also have a suggestion. Could you possibly find a way to get SSE back, or have some of the events not crash? :p
At this point I am unable to make either of these stable as it is beyond my skill level. I'll work on it with others for my final release hopefully.

Can you make a alternate version without Triforce Ganon?
In my downloads on media fire there is a patch in the hackless folder for adding Ganon back to normal.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Well, it seems that whenever the game crashes, I can't boot it up again because there's for some reason a single file in the Stage Builder that I didn't create. This is getting kinda creepy. I mean, I could always delete and redownload again, but still, is there a way to prevent this somehow?

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I personally LOVE the japanese Falco voice. Patt, do you know how it is possible for one to return Falco's voice back to English?

I ask only out of curiosity, because I keep the Japanese one.
I just thought that was a little weird, that is all.

Also, I miss Falco's Brooklyn accent after Smash 4. :(

officialsticktendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
sticktendo
Woah.. They're selling my sds with my pack preloaded on it?? For real? Even if it's a small store I'm.. Flattered. What store was it? What was the pricing) I hope they weren't jacking the price up or something.

Anyways, make sure that the card isn't in lock position. What version of brawl are you using? NTSC? Seems strange that it won't boot through. Try updating the PM launched from that screen maybe? Try again, sometimes it takes another go.

Thanks for playing my mod!
The game store was a Play N Trade I live near. They'd have it set up in their store all the time for people to try out and the SD cards were $10 (you're basically just paying for the SD card).

Anyway, I am using NTSC and I have tried updating through the PM launcher. I'm going to try to tinker with it more, but I may just end up setting it up to boot through HBC instead since it'll probably work more consistently.

And thank you for making a great mod!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
The game store was a Play N Trade I live near. They'd have it set up in their store all the time for people to try out and the SD cards were $10 (you're basically just paying for the SD card).

Anyway, I am using NTSC and I have tried updating through the PM launcher. I'm going to try to tinker with it more, but I may just end up setting it up to boot through HBC instead since it'll probably work more consistently.

And thank you for making a great mod!
Oh thanks for the heads up and good luck!

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Well, it seems that whenever the game crashes, I can't boot it up again because there's for some reason a single file in the Stage Builder that I didn't create. This is getting kinda creepy. I mean, I could always delete and redownload again, but still, is there a way to prevent this somehow?
Hey Patt, can you answer my question please? I don't want to have to delete and redownload everytime this happens. :p

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
1. Is it at all possible to revert the menu system back to it's old form? I notice that unless you unplug a controller, you can't set a slot to "NONE" as well.

2. Is this mod all inclusive? I only ask because I wish to exclude certain levels and models (mostly levels) from the game. I'd like to also be able to edit the random stage select options, and after reading a few previous posts I hear this is impossible? Could you expand on this? As I said before, I wish to remove some stages, so, if I were to remove them entirely (from the SD card itself) would this possibly allow a sort of exclusion of levels from random stage select? I really enjoy a lot of the newer stages you added, except the stages with the ability to simply push people off to the side, I wish to exclude or remove these.

3. This is basically the same as #2 except for music. Is there a reference for the names of the music, stages, and models? It'd be nice to know so I could replace and or remove some things, if it doesn't decrease the stability of the mod.

In summation, I really just want to be able to exclude certain levels from random stage select, as we use the function here for almost every match, it just speeds things up and makes them easier. At the very least, does this mod come with a version that doesn't have the stage changes? And instead only the additional models/skins alone?

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
1. Is it at all possible to revert the menu system back to it's old form? I notice that unless you unplug a controller, you can't set a slot to "NONE" as well.

2. Is this mod all inclusive? I only ask because I wish to exclude certain levels and models (mostly levels) from the game. I'd like to also be able to edit the random stage select options, and after reading a few previous posts I hear this is impossible? Could you expand on this? As I said before, I wish to remove some stages, so, if I were to remove them entirely (from the SD card itself) would this possibly allow a sort of exclusion of levels from random stage select? I really enjoy a lot of the newer stages you added, except the stages with the ability to simply push people off to the side, I wish to exclude or remove these.

3. This is basically the same as #2 except for music. Is there a reference for the names of the music, stages, and models? It'd be nice to know so I could replace and or remove some things, if it doesn't decrease the stability of the mod.

In summation, I really just want to be able to exclude certain levels from random stage select, as we use the function here for almost every match, it just speeds things up and makes them easier. At the very least, does this mod come with a version that doesn't have the stage changes? And instead only the additional models/skins alone?
I agree with each of these points.

I'd also like to see Patt allow us or write how we can do this to remove stages we dont want from the SSS, and how to fix that controller bug.

This would help with making random stage selection work as intended, and make time between matches faster without having to unplug the controller during a smash fest.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, can you answer my question please? I don't want to have to delete and redownload everytime this happens. :p
I honestly cannot answer your question. It works for most people and myself, I don't know what equipment your using, which sd card, what version of the game (region), or what version of my pack your using. Sometimes you have to try again and it works. Sorry mate.

I agree with each of these points.

I'd also like to see Patt allow us or write how we can do this to remove stages we dont want from the SSS, and how to fix that controller bug.

This would help with making random stage selection work as intended, and make time between matches faster without having to unplug the controller during a smash fest.

It's late and I'm on my phone so ill try to be as concise as possible. In the newest version of project m that will release I will go back to using the old menu style (with some flair) even though this new css is nice it's not universal friendly. I'll add a link to add the pillar css as a patch. I cannot change the css at this time and the creator of the code has not found a fix yet for this problem sorry!

Due to the stage expansion pack some stages are not selected. However, if I recall correctly, brawl stage manager, (I'm blanking sorry), but a program has the ability to choose which stage gets chosen on random via code manipulation in the gct. I like having the large amount of stages and as this pack was not designed for tournaments (I'll look into making it more tourney friendly in the next overhaul for 3.5) this issue will persist. I'll try to find that program for you gents when I find time.

In the OP I have a list hidden in a spoiler that contains all the names and codes of the songs I replaced. I wish I could figure out how to fix the music selection screen but I'm not good enough with the back end of brawl to fix this (I assume it has to do with CEP as well)

Long story short I'm aware of the tourney interest that has arisen from my pack and am looking at making a more tourney viable off shoot of my pack in the future (this will contain all the skins, but have the normal amount of stages with some replaced based on suggestion.

I hope this works for you guys! Semester is over in December so I hope that coincides with the release of the next update of project m.

Is there a way I can add more costumes on my own?
Of course, on Windows download brawl costume manager, and brawlbox, as well as a basic photo editor. Follow tutorials found on Google or TheytahKs mod school and look up keywords such as battle portraits, after battle portraits, character select portraits. There's a lot of good tutorials out there. Keep in mind that some skins are awfully designed or optimized and they can cause freezing so its a lot of trial and error. Replacing skins is easy when you know what you're doing. The portrait stuff is to replace the picture that comes up when choosing your character and makes it more professional and approachable.

Good luck!

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I
Of course, on Windows download brawl costume manager, and brawlbox, as well as a basic photo editor. Follow tutorials found on Google or TheytahKs mod school and look up keywords such as battle portraits, after battle portraits, character select portraits. There's a lot of good tutorials out there. Keep in mind that some skins are awfully designed or optimized and they can cause freezing so its a lot of trial and error. Replacing skins is easy when you know what you're doing. The portrait stuff is to replace the picture that comes up when choosing your character and makes it more professional and approachable.

Good luck!
Well I'm on a Mac, not Windows, so. :p. And I don't have to replace my own portraits and can look for my own? Also, how many total costumes can you have?

EDIT: Also, can I replace stages?

Last edited:

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
No worries man, I appreciate all the work you've done compiling this whole thing. Thanks for the information, and thanks for the update. In regards to the names and stuff, I derped hard, I saw that in the OP as I was typing this -_-.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Well I'm on a Mac, not Windows, so. :p. And I don't have to replace my own portraits and can look for my own? Also, how many total costumes can you have?

EDIT: Also, can I replace stages?
Please go to other threads about the details of modding, there are lots out there. This thread is for troubleshooting and suggestions :)

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Please go to other threads about the details of modding, there are lots out there. This thread is for troubleshooting and suggestions :)
Sorry for asking you questions, but if I leave the portraits the same but change the costume thing in the files, will it show up as the costume I changed in-game? I don't really care about changing the portraits tbh.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Sorry for asking you questions, but if I leave the portraits the same but change the costume thing in the files, will it show up as the costume I changed in-game? I don't really care about changing the portraits tbh.
Yes the costume will be change you'll just have to remember who is which and who you changed etc

Top Bottom