• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hi patt, would you be able to add a new download for your upcoming versions of the Dolphin mod? Dolphin 4.0 requires a .txt file of all the codes used to load in project m via Gecko. and I'm not able to properly extract them all from the .gct file, someone had this issue with regular Project M: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-project-m-on-dolphin-4-0-problem

I'm having the same issue as well, with regular PM and with your modded version. Please, and let me know if you saw my post above.

Last edited:

MarvelAKAJKA

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarvelAKAJKA
3DS FC
0173-1375-5685
i got the patt edition working but it doesn't show the characte selection screen like the one in the video, mine shows the regular pm character screen. can anyone help me?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi patt, would you be able to add a new download for your upcoming versions of the Dolphin mod? Dolphin 4.0 requires a .txt file of all the codes used to load in project m via Gecko. and I'm not able to properly extract them all from the .gct file, someone had this issue with regular Project M: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-project-m-on-dolphin-4-0-problem

I'm having the same issue as well, with regular PM and with your modded version. Please, and let me know if you saw my post above.
I'm running dolphin 4.0 v2xxx and only use what I put up on the download. So weird. It's always worked for me.

i got the patt edition working but it doesn't show the characte selection screen like the one in the video, mine shows the regular pm character screen. can anyone help me?
It most definitely loaded wrong please detail your process (what you downloaded, where you put it etc) and write it here so I can help you.

Last edited:

Bellininator

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, me again haha.
I'm now using dolphin 4.0-648 and am using the correct settings. This time, when I boot up gecko... I get blank blue/green screen. Who knows? Maybe only certain people are having issues or maybe Dolphin is just acting weird with the current download?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, me again haha.
I'm now using dolphin 4.0-648 and am using the correct settings. This time, when I boot up gecko... I get blank blue/green screen. Who knows? Maybe only certain people are having issues or maybe Dolphin is just acting weird with the current download?

Are you guys using this most recent dev version?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/?ref=btn

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm using 4.0-2390 , it's about a month old Dev Build. I'll try the latest one just in case too. I'll report back with results.
Honesty I just did this from scratch the day before.

Downloaded dolphin, since it's contents are already held sepereately in documents now I replaced the program file of dolphin. Then I installed ios36 wad, added the sd.raw, configed the options and then opened boot.elf.

I didn't know anything about needing txt files

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
I was playing with friends, Nabbit showed up, this screeching noise played and the dog went crazy and knocked the cake off the table... best birthday ever :(

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I was playing with friends, Nabbit showed up, this screeching noise played and the dog went crazy and knocked the cake off the table... best birthday ever :(
Oh man! I'm sorry! I'm working on releasing version 11b that has all the recent patches built in. Nothing has changed much since the most recent update but it's good to change the name and remove the need for patches to avoid confusion.

Nabbit will be removed.

sbot2000

Smash Rookie
Help? i went to the download page and every time i try to download it tells me to upgrade to premium to download the files

invisibleTerrarium

Smash Rookie
Trapped in a bathroom with a riddle. Send help.
NNID
BarbaracleTheIV
Bon giorno! Haven't posted here in a few months, but I just ran into a rather strange bug. I was skinless Pikachu, fighting a level 3 CPU Wario with the Duck Hunt Dog skin. I punted him into the right-hand pool on the Planet Namek stage, and he just started jumping up and down. He didn't do anything else, just jumped up and down in the pool. He stayed that way for two solid minutes until I got a final smash and killed him with it. He respawned and fell onto the middle platform, stayed there for five seconds unmoving, and then jumped into the friggin pool again and started jumping up and down. He stayed like that until the timer ran out and I won. I don't know if this is a bug with the PM AI or with patt edition, but it was really weird and I thought I should say something here.

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
Oh man! I'm sorry! I'm working on releasing version 11b that has all the recent patches built in. Nothing has changed much since the most recent update but it's good to change the name and remove the need for patches to avoid confusion.

Nabbit will be removed.
Thank God... I will say my dog, Bryce, Thanks you and Nabbit for the cake. Luckily we hadn't lit the candles yet

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Bon giorno! Haven't posted here in a few months, but I just ran into a rather strange bug. I was skinless Pikachu, fighting a level 3 CPU Wario with the Duck Hunt Dog skin. I punted him into the right-hand pool on the Planet Namek stage, and he just started jumping up and down. He didn't do anything else, just jumped up and down in the pool. He stayed that way for two solid minutes until I got a final smash and killed him with it. He respawned and fell onto the middle platform, stayed there for five seconds unmoving, and then jumped into the friggin pool again and started jumping up and down. He stayed like that until the timer ran out and I won. I don't know if this is a bug with the PM AI or with patt edition, but it was really weird and I thought I should say something here.
It's an issue with the AI having confusing because of the rel file that Namek was put over. It doesn't mesh with his "plan" it is fixable, but not by someone like me sorry!

Thank God... I will say my dog, Bryce, Thanks you and Nabbit for the cake. Luckily we hadn't lit the candles yet
Hope your birthday wasn't ruined!

J Ayyye

Smash Rookie
I just started playing Project M again and i wanted to update it to something new so I found out about your Project M hack
I did everything i was suppose to do, Format my Micro SD 2 GB card to FAT32, and downloaded the zip and put all the files to the root of my SD Card
I put it in my Wii and when I went to the Stage Builder it just loads and brings me to the regular stage building screen, i made sure i deleted all my stages on the card and the console itself
I tried this on both the Wii U and the Wii, and even took out all the files and formatted it again and put the files back in and I still didn't get it to work and i have been trying for hours and hours and still nothing
Am I doing something wrong?
I don't know if this is doing something too it, but when i put the files in the first and second time, after a couple tries on stage builder in the beginning when its loading to the intro it says Reviving or rebuilding Vault or something, but this only showed after a couple of tries after putting the files back in
Please help :(

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I just started playing Project M again and i wanted to update it to something new so I found out about your Project M hack
I did everything i was suppose to do, Format my Micro SD 2 GB card to FAT32, and downloaded the zip and put all the files to the root of my SD Card
I put it in my Wii and when I went to the Stage Builder it just loads and brings me to the regular stage building screen, i made sure i deleted all my stages on the card and the console itself
I tried this on both the Wii U and the Wii, and even took out all the files and formatted it again and put the files back in and I still didn't get it to work and i have been trying for hours and hours and still nothing
Am I doing something wrong?
I don't know if this is doing something too it, but when i put the files in the first and second time, after a couple tries on stage builder in the beginning when its loading to the intro it says Reviving or rebuilding Vault or something, but this only showed after a couple of tries after putting the files back in
Please help :(
That's odd, when you get to stage builder the pack should hook almost immidiately. I assume this is the same card you used for PM? Did you lock the card (switch on the side) by accident? Does the sd card look like the picture I posted on my first post? Sometimes I have to try twice max to get it to hook but not for hours! :(

aS_Skyloft

Smash Rookie
NNID
aS_Hyrule
3DS FC
1006-1033-6453
It's an issue with the AI having confusing because of the rel file that Namek was put over. It doesn't mesh with his "plan" it is fixable, but not by someone like me sorry!

Hope your birthday wasn't ruined!
It wasn't my Birthday, I meant to say best birthday party ever, it was my bro's... we don't even really like cake we just had it because it was normal. Playing PM was the best gift... it's always so funny when we play Pokefloats... there's always so much rage!

J Ayyye

Smash Rookie
That's odd, when you get to stage builder the pack should hook almost immidiately. I assume this is the same card you used for PM? Did you lock the card (switch on the side) by accident? Does the sd card look like the picture I posted on my first post? Sometimes I have to try twice max to get it to hook but not for hours! :(
Yes its the card I used for Project M, No it wasn't locked, and it looked exactly like the picture shown
Weirdly I got it to work with switching your launcher to the "new" Project M Launcher and it worked perfectly, sadly enough this morning I played it again and it didnt launch anything in stage builder and I tried multiple times hoping it would work but nothing

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Yes its the card I used for Project M, No it wasn't locked, and it looked exactly like the picture shown
Weirdly I got it to work with switching your launcher to the "new" Project M Launcher and it worked perfectly, sadly enough this morning I played it again and it didnt launch anything in stage builder and I tried multiple times hoping it would work but nothing
Weird because my newest pack has the newest PM launcher built in I thought..

EDIT: Literally 5 seconds ago I downloaded the pack i have online, put it on my sd card, placed it in smash, and am playing now. Weird.

Last edited:

J Ayyye

Smash Rookie
Weird because my newest pack has the newest PM launcher built in I thought..

EDIT: Literally 5 seconds ago I downloaded the pack i have online, put it on my sd card, placed it in smash, and am playing now. Weird.
I formatted the card again and am putting the files back into the freshly formatted sd, hopefully it works this time

Thatloudblondguy

Smash Rookie
Hey there patt, We've been trying to get this up and running using the hackless method, but we cant seem to get it working. We've followed the tutorial on this site, and your videos, we have a 2gb SD card (non SDHC) and downloaded the full main zip from your mediafire link, we loaded it all up and started the hack, but the geckoOS in your video doesn't initialize, and it shows project M launch screen, with "play" "update" "about" and "exit" as the only options.

if we try 'update" is says we have the latest version, and "Play" launches regular brawl without your custom splash or interface, and crashes when you try to select the standard characters

The wii's version number is 4.3u if it helps

I took helpful photos of the launch screen, version number, and our SD cards root, but it wont allow me to post the links, so message me if you want to see them

Thanks, the mod looks awesome, so hopefully we can work out whats wrong

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey there patt, We've been trying to get this up and running using the hackless method, but we cant seem to get it working. We've followed the tutorial on this site, and your videos, we have a 2gb SD card (non SDHC) and downloaded the full main zip from your mediafire link, we loaded it all up and started the hack, but the geckoOS in your video doesn't initialize, and it shows project M launch screen, with "play" "update" "about" and "exit" as the only options.

if we try 'update" is says we have the latest version, and "Play" launches regular brawl without your custom splash or interface, and crashes when you try to select the standard characters

The wii's version number is 4.3u if it helps

I took helpful photos of the launch screen, version number, and our SD cards root, but it wont allow me to post the links, so message me if you want to see them

Thanks, the mod looks awesome, so hopefully we can work out whats wrong
That launcher screen is new and is the correct screen you should be seeing. It's odd that it would load normal brawl however. Your using my pack on it's own correct? Not trying to merge it with anything? It sounds like things should be fine. Try formatting your card and reading the files for 11b

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
Hello Patt it's me again. I just wanted to tell you this, when playing on the Embedded Tower stage, there's a music called "Some Pokémon Theme I don't Remember :p" I know the name of that theme it's called "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" From Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. Just saying you should change that. And for the Nabbit bug, I have to redo load the whole thing to fix it?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hello Patt it's me again. I just wanted to tell you this, when playing on the Embedded Tower stage, there's a music called "Some Pokémon Theme I don't Remember :p" I know the name of that theme it's called "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" From Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. Just saying you should change that. And for the Nabbit bug, I have to redo load the whole thing to fix it?
Unfortunately I had so many issues with people not understanding how to patch the build that I just released a whole new pack with that one change yes. Sorry about that!

And thanks! I'll keep it in mind to change it.

Storm015

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys i have a question Can you Run Project M With an Micro SD card 2gb With an Adapter ???????

LuiGi0914

Smash Rookie
Best hack i played I enjoy the game very well only problem i got is i can't play all stars with out it crashing when i fight pkm trainer or olimar at the end
and only question i have is Will you do the same thing to the new super smash bros coming up ? that would be awsome to mob little mack and put hitmochamp as a costum :D

Thatloudblondguy

Smash Rookie
Ok, I got it up and running, and we did in fact have all the right files, and everything was working fine,
It turned out I named the SD card "Project M", which it says not to do on the main project M page which I totally missed.
So anyone else having problems, make sure you didn't do this one dumb thing it took us way too long to realize

So now we're using it, and its awesome, thanks.

AP3000

Smash Rookie
Hi Patt, I'm using a hackless wii and am able to get Project M working fine. When i modify my SD card with the Patt Edition files I can't get the stage builder to load the game anymore. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to the best of my knowledge but I can't figure it out, I might just be not patching it correctly but I followed the video in the original post. Any help would be appreciated thanks! BTW the game looks awesome and i can't wait to try it!

Edit: I figured it out, reformatting my SD card and doing a clean install seemed to fix it

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Hi Patt, I'm using a hackless wii and am able to get Project M working fine. When i modify my SD card with the Patt Edition files I can't get the stage builder to load the game anymore.
I'm having the same problem, its not recognizing a stage at the stage builder screen.

EDIT: I finally got it to load up, but now it doesn't recognize my wiimote on the gecko menu. Any help with getting around that? (I'm running on a wii u)

EDIT2: I needed an old wiimote, which i just so happened to have. enjoying it now, thanks dude!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi Patt, I'm using a hackless wii and am able to get Project M working fine. When i modify my SD card with the Patt Edition files I can't get the stage builder to load the game anymore. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself to the best of my knowledge but I can't figure it out, I might just be not patching it correctly but I followed the video in the original post. Any help would be appreciated thanks! BTW the game looks awesome and i can't wait to try it!
I'm having the same problem, its not recognizing a stage at the stage builder screen.
Take everything off the sd card and format the card. Make sure you download the files and put in all on the card, don't try to merge it with projectm or anything. There is an image that has what the SD card should look like. Just try again. Sometimes it takes twice to connect it but that's rare. Also make sure that there is no stages on your wii before hand.

That1GuyB4

Smash Rookie
Ever since the last two updates for this mod it just doesn't work properly and im not sure why. When I start it up it will show the normal Project M "Play, Update, etc. and then it will just load the game as if it were unmodded but with the issue of crashing quickly.

Whiteboy7street

Smash Rookie
Hi I am having trouble putting the patt edition on my wii u that i download from media fire, all the files from the link and put them on my sd card, the file names that I have on the sd card are apps, codes, private, project m, background, boot. elf, changelog -11b, gameconfig, songs replaced -11, Readme and Troubleshooting, and ganon sword position patch, I have all of that from the new update and when I start up brawl on my Wii u and start stage builder, it doesnt show nothing as if the sd card was blank, can you help me with this problem? the regular patt edition -11 worked just fine but patt edition -11b doesn't.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi I am having trouble putting the patt edition on my wii u that i download from media fire, all the files from the link and put them on my sd card, the file names that I have on the sd card are apps, codes, private, project m, background, boot. elf, changelog -11b, gameconfig, songs replaced -11, Readme and Troubleshooting, and ganon sword position patch, I have all of that from the new update and when I start up brawl on my Wii u and start stage builder, it doesnt show nothing as if the sd card was blank, can you help me with this problem? the regular patt edition -11 worked just fine but patt edition -11b doesn't.
I believe something is wrong wi what you've done with downloading files. Your not supposed to download everything in the download area and put it on your card. Just download the complete zip and put it on your sd like the picture in my first post. The patch for ganon is irrelevant with 11b.

Whiteboy7street

Smash Rookie
I believe something is wrong wi what you've done with downloading files. Your not supposed to download everything in the download area and put it on your card. Just download the complete zip and put it on your sd like the picture in my first post. The patch for ganon is irrelevant with 11b.
Alright so all i have to do is download the complete build file and the changelog 11b and put it in my sd card?

Last edited:

Whiteboy7street

Smash Rookie
Alright so all i have to do is download the complete build file and the changelog 11b and put it in my sd card?
Alright I just downloaded the main build, put it in my sd card and loaded up brawl and then stage builder but nothing loaded up, the patt edition 11 work fine but i cant get it to work with 11b Can you tell me the specific files I need to download and put in my sd card?

Darksora2323

Smash Rookie
Alright I just downloaded the main build, put it in my sd card and loaded up brawl and then stage builder but nothing loaded up, the patt edition 11 work fine but i cant get it to work with 11b Can you tell me the specific files I need to download and put in my sd card?
Just did the same and nothing loaded up for me as well.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
The hack looks nice but there is one problem, can you upload the hack to dropbox and not mediafire? (The hackless version to be exact). I do not have a credit card to buy Mediafire Pro.

Top Bottom