1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

PM: Patt Edition 3.0.2-11b! Last Update Before 3.5

Discussion in 'Customized Content' started by Patt Anderson, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Patt Anderson

Patt Anderson PMPE Architect

• Premium
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Errors when trying to download are fixed by disabling Adblock temporarily.

TL;DR? WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR A PLAYTHROUGH OF PMPE 3.0.2-11(b) BY Ludicium Gaming

Current to: August 31, 2014 1:32 PM PST

Uploaded a more concise build consisting of all the fixes done so far. 11 is old so download 11b when it comes up! There are no changes aside from Nabbit being removed but I would recommend downloading the newest version anyways for consistency. Love y'all.
    [​IMG]

Project M 3.0.2
    Custom Menu/Icons/Music/Strap
    Custom character skins

Works with:

NTSC Hackles Wii
    NTSC Hacked Wii (requires manual installation)
    Gecko OS
    Dolphin Emulator

This is a compilation I have gathered of the coolest character models and UI updates and placed them over top the awesome Project M 3.0.2. I did none of the modeling, I only gathered the models. It doesn't freeze (or it shouldn't ;) ), and all the CSP and BP's were custom fitted by me. This serves as a great spring board for any new or veteran brawl hacker to put their own characters/stages in. It is not WiFi safe or valid for teams or tournaments.

Each character has a different model with each of its costume changes. Characters are still balanced to Project M 3.0.2, but the different textures allow for any player to choose from hundreds of different characters. (Please note that I don't change movesets and all movesets are balanced to the most recent version of Project M 3.0.2... Except Triforce Ganon.. Cause I can)

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Hackless Wii Installation (WII/WIIU Video Tutorial):

Homebrew Installation (PC Tutorial)

Dolphin Installation (MAC/PC Video Tutorial):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    Sajan, Cpt., Mansta8 and 13 others like this.
  2. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  3. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Back then.. It seemed right... It seemed like a good idea to do a triple post.. Oh how the times have changed.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. PM666

PM666 Smash Cadet

:mariomelee: Anybody else get this to work? :luigimelee:
  5. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    What doesn't seem to work? Are you playing on a wii or a computer? Does the game freeze, or just not load up? I'd love to help I just need more information :)
  6. PM666

PM666 Smash Cadet

Freezes after the stage has been selected. Also im playing on a wii, using Gecko os
  7. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Are you by any chance playing with Shadow over Sonic? Also please list the characters and stage that where selected just before the crash. This is totally fixable, just need to know what to fix :) I have updated the files so Shadow works, redownload and retest. Thanks!
  8. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    could you post a version with the added and expanded stages only? and if u havent added the not player tags code to the GCT...u really should =)
  9. MVP

MVP Smash Ace

damn bro this is cool

Question: does this work with hackless wii?
  10. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Remember to report any found glitches!
  11. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Yes sir! All you do is put the files on an 2GB non SDHC SD card, insert it into wii, start up Brawl, and go to stage builder. The code should run from there. There is a read me in the file that goes into greater detail :)
  12. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    What's the no player tags code? Ah just looked it up. That looks really sleek! Removing code is a little dicey for me especially seeing how finicky P:M can be with its code. So unless someone finds a way to add it to my compilation, its a huge pain finding a model P:M with that code injected into it and then adding all my characters, songs, stages, and UI back in haha. If you know an easy way to do it please share :)

And for the non character edited version here is the original Project M: Stage Extension forum I based it off of.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
  13. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Just played around with it and got it to work! Ill upload the no tags version soon :)
  14. Mr.Jackpot

Mr.Jackpot Smash Lord

Not really interested in a hack pack but I like the idea of artwork based CSS tiles.

You should use the edit button instead of double posting.
  15. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Are you referring to my replies to people? How can I quote more than one person in a reply? I'm new here :)
  16. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    awesome thanks. The player tags in this game are huge, hideous, and a hinderance in my opinion. Random stage select works in your pack right?
  17. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Yes sir! Give it a download, there are dolphin and hackless Wii versions available with a readme in the download on dropbox. I always appreciate testers and players finding glitches and giving me new ideas :)
  18. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    cool i will. thanks
  19. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    did u add the project m camera to the stages in your pack that arent on the offical stage thread?
  20. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    You mean like the train stage, or the green dissidia stage? The 360 degree Project M camera automatically worked on those as I put them in.
  21. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    ya, all the stages on the top section of your stage expansion, did they have the melee style camera added in their .pac files?
  22. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    To answer you're question, I don't know. The stage expansion pack that I used as a base (in the link above) was all I used to get those stages into my compilation. Whether or not they have the melee style camera added is something I could not tell you sorry.

http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.3m/index.html

This is a list of all the stages that came with the pack, any other stage you see was added by me. Sorry Im not able to help :(
  23. uCooL

uCooL Smash Ace

NNID:
    SuperMurio
    o ok thanks
  24. ZacTASTIC

ZacTASTIC Smash Apprentice

I'm slightly confused. When you said that the "number of characters increases 10 fold and then some", are you saying that there are characters with new move sets? Or just new textures? Either way, this looks pretty awesome. I'll give it a try soon.
  25. MVP

MVP Smash Ace

this is perhaps the coolest/ greatest PM custom hack package yet to come to smashboards. Truly props bro this is amazing :shades:
    Patt Anderson likes this.
  26. Timde9

Timde9 Smash Cadet

Hey man great work this is really fun to play. Too bad you couldn't include movesets for characters like naruto and goku but still really great. Hey I was wondering how you were able to load the stages so quickly in dolphin. On my virtual sd the stages take ages to load but when I play yours they load in a wink. Please share your wisdom my friend :D
  27. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Sorry for the confusion, yes it is just textures that are being replaced. This is because I wanted to keep the balancing of Project M. :)
  28. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    Yah the only reason I didn't change up the characters (I have used Goku and Naruto doesnt work too well with Project M, is again, because of the desire to make this an amped version of project m. I wanted to keep the balancing the same. I won't be adding those character movesets in but you could! Its not hard to do :) As for the fast loading stages all credit for that goes to the makers of Project M. It has just always worked fast for me when I added to their code.
  29. HyperrCrow

HyperrCrow Insanity

• Premium
    Hmm strange, I can't find the virtual SD card download anywhere. Or have you not uploaded it yet?
  30. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    The upload might have been interuptted. I can double check after I get back from work. Sorry about that.
  31. HyperrCrow

HyperrCrow Insanity

• Premium
    Don't worry man, take your time. I'm just excited to test this and give you some feedback from the Dolphin side of it.
  32. Haydn

Haydn Smash Rookie

Hey, I'm new here, and new to the Brawl modding scene in general. I downloaded the homebrew channel a long time ago, when the twilight hack worked on what was back then, the latest wii update, now, a few years down the line, I used the SmashStack exploit to install the homebrew channel again.

I downloaded this compilation pack, as I thought it might be the easiest way to test whether I was running applications with exploit codes correctly or not.

Put simply, I followed the readme's instruction for the physical wii component EXACTLY as described, I'm not sure if I need to do anything else like start Brawl through Riivolution or Gecko OS or however it's supposed to be done, but I went to the stage builder with no maps created and unlike last time, when I installed the homebrew channel, no code was executed and nothing unusual happened when I entered the stagebuilder menu. It's worth mentioning that I have the PAL version of Brawl.

I'm willing to find out how to do this thing properly myself, but, for once, it would be really nice if someone answered my personal question in the thread as opposed to re-directing me to something else I already have bookmarked. Is it because I have the PAL version? Is it because the instructions don't detail every step I should have taken with the homebrew channel already installed, or am I just missing something plainly obvious here? I appreciate the answers, and I'm probably going to do a Youtube video of the compilation mod anyway.
  33. HyperrCrow

HyperrCrow Insanity

• Premium
    This is your issue. Sadly, Project M has no PAL version at this moment. If you really want to play P:M your best option would be to use Dolphin emulator with a NTSC ISO.
  34. ZacTASTIC

ZacTASTIC Smash Apprentice

After using this pack, I have to say that it's amazing. I have been working on my own custom pack for a while because I couldn't find any that were just how I wanted it, but this is even better. Great work!
  35. Haydn

Haydn Smash Rookie

Oh dang, thanks for the swift answer.
  36. HyperrCrow

HyperrCrow Insanity

• Premium
    No problem, anything to help out.
  37. Burnsy

Burnsy Smash Lord

Can't a hacked PAL Wii use "region free" settings to play or USB load an NTSC copy? Dolphin emulation isn't super accurate and requires pretty hefty processing power, doesn't it?
  38. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    I have a nvidia 630m graphics card with my asus n75. It handles brawl fine but I know I had issues with dolphin in the past. I usually use dolphin to test but playing on wii gives a much smoother experience for sure.
  39. Patt Anderson

• Premium
    I don't have riivolution installed or a hacked wii at all, I just load into brawl and do stage select. If the other guys say PAL is the problem then that could be it. I'm running NTSC for my compilation.
  40. HyperrCrow

HyperrCrow Insanity

• Premium
    That's true, he could use that method as well. I forgot that not everyone has the specs to use Dolphin. I also rarely use a Wii since mine bricked years ago so I've grown comfortable with Dolphin, guess that's why I recommend it so much.