• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
oh haha my bad, well if you'd like I can upload a zip that you would just extract to your SD and voila maps?

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
oh haha my bad, well if you'd like I can upload a zip that you would just extract to your SD and voila maps?

Sure. I'd really appreciate that. Also do you know if this a problem with on Anderson's pack or is it I something messed up on?

Oh I just read the update on the op.
Anderson you don't understand how thankful my friends and I are to your pack!

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
It's uploading, I'll get back to you later tonight when it's done and I'm home again. Pretty sure the pack just didn't have any custom stages in it but I may be wrong.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
You know what, never mind. I figured it out. If anyone else is on dolphin and they only have the normal Project M stages, just message me and I can send you an sd.raw that has all of patt's character stuff and 77 stages.
Sorry for the confusion, I realize I didn't explain that the stages hadn't updated with the new version yet! I havent updated my pack to involve the extra stages because I was waiting for 2.6 compatibility. Does it work well? You werent doing anything wrong haha it was all me. Ill attempt to add the extra stages now so people can enjoy it again. Keep on the look out for my update!

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the confusion, I realize I didn't explain that the stages hadn't updated with the new version yet! I havent updated my pack to involve the extra stages because I was waiting for 2.6 compatibility. Does it work well? You werent doing anything wrong haha it was all me. Ill attempt to add the extra stages now so people can enjoy it again. Keep on the look out for my update!

Thanks for the update. But unfortunately the stages that did get changed, Final Destination got a collision edit, are kind of wonky. I tried using Metaknight's Dtilt and now can I slide along the stage now and his run animation is weird. I'll stick to the previous build. haha

huh... this happens on all stages weird. hold up I might have copied something wrong. He has all of his brawl jumps now. Also Sonic (Knuckles costume) crashes the game on his Up-B (something since the last pack)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Thanks for the update. But unfortunately the stages that did get changed, Final Destination got a collision edit, are kind of wonky. I tried using Metaknight's Dtilt and now can I slide along the stage now and his run animation is weird. I'll stick to the previous build. haha

huh... this happens on all stages weird. hold up I might have copied something wrong. He has all of his brawl jumps now. Also Sonic (Knuckles costume) crashes the game on his Up-B (something since the last pack)
I tweaked metaknight a little adding a custom metaknight build that was based on 2.6 but is changed to better suit his character. It's a little glitchy. I'm gonna change it back to normal 2.6, it's not you. Knuckles... No one has said that yet ill do the change now.

Edit: Currently replacing metaknight with original 2.6 version and fixing Knuckles on sonic. Thanks for your input!

Edit Edit: It's done! Please test it and tell me how it is! As always bug reports help me make it that much better!

Pasicho

Smash Rookie
Other than certain costumes looking discolored on some stages everything seems to be running smooth. I'm still gonna be rocking your build pre-additional stages cause my friends like to keep it competitive but beggars can't be choosers. I bet most would really like more stages. Thanks for the constant updates.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Other than certain costumes looking discolored on some stages everything seems to be running smooth. I'm still gonna be rocking your build pre-additional stages cause my friends like to keep it competitive but beggars can't be choosers. I bet most would really like more stages. Thanks for the constant updates.
Yah! I noticed the discolouration. Ill see if the creators come out with an update. What ill do for you is put the graphic stuff like character selection portraits, battle portraits and after battle portraits as well as the altered characters in a separate file. I'm sure lots of players would prefer a more competitive but fun stage selection. Ill include a read me that explains what files to replace in your vanilla project m 2.6 (it's not hard). Ill get that up this Monday so you can enjoy the updates too. Heck I may just create and upload a different version that doesn't have te stage selection but we shall see :)

Jorgitis

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, my bad if by any chance I misunderstood the downloadable options but from what I gathered, I can download the skins either with the stages or without. How would I go about with adding just the stages and not the skins for the characters? Would really appreciate the help :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, my bad if by any chance I misunderstood the downloadable options but from what I gathered, I can download the skins either with the stages or without. How would I go about with adding just the stages and not the skins for the characters? Would really appreciate the help :)
You have indeed mis understood haha. My pack is mainly for the skins the extra stages was merely an add on I did later. If you want just the stages you'll have to look elsewhere. Google, classic expansion pack for project m 2.6. You'll find what you're looking for.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Hey, Pat Anderson. Good stuff here!

I have a proposal/request/suggestion for you.

I have cBliss on 2.5b with 10 non-lag, functional textures (some vertexes, and nothing that interferes with the game) over every single one (except pink Squirtle on request)

If you link the DL of your copy when both the Stage Expansion Pack and cBliss are over 2.6, I can fill most of the stages with the Complete Viable Stage List from this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-stage-list.336248/, all the empty textures with whatever is necessary, and re-upload it for you to post. This could mean simply copying all the .pcs + .pac files, or just filling in what's lacking in the folders you have already in place.

As well, I have a pretty functional system (from doing this before) to up-load a massive post for the OP with images and detail on additions and changes.
I did the cBliss and Viable Stage List thing for 2.5b, and would do it for 2.6 with the Stage Expansion eventually as well. If you're going to as well, we might as well compile (even several versions with different stages/textures) in a single project. Lessen the load on us both. :)

Otherwise, I'd probably nab your changed version and re-edit it to make everything functional and up-to-date for our own regional PM copies anyway, instead of doing the coding myself now that I know you're planning on it.

Sound good? I'm not sure how far along you are on the project, but if you have the Stages filled already (seems so), I'll go through it to fix them up, or change what's not really functional. If you don't have 10 textures for every character (seems like no) then I'll check them out and fill in what's needed. If you would prefer to have images and detail on everything done (probably for the benefit of others) I can do that easily enough too.

What say you?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey, Pat Anderson. Good stuff here!

I have a proposal/request/suggestion for you.

I have cBliss on 2.5b with 10 non-lag, functional textures (some vertexes, and nothing that interferes with the game) over every single one (except pink Squirtle on request)

If you link the DL of your copy when both the Stage Expansion Pack and cBliss are over 2.6, I can fill most of the stages with the Complete Viable Stage List from this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-stage-list.336248/, all the empty textures with whatever is necessary, and re-upload it for you to post. This could mean simply copying all the .pcs + .pac files, or just filling in what's lacking in the folders you have already in place.

As well, I have a pretty functional system (from doing this before) to up-load a massive post for the OP with images and detail on additions and changes.
I did the cBliss and Viable Stage List thing for 2.5b, and would do it for 2.6 with the Stage Expansion eventually as well. If you're going to as well, we might as well compile (even several versions with different stages/textures) in a single project. Lessen the load on us both. :)

Otherwise, I'd probably nab your changed version and re-edit it to make everything functional and up-to-date for our own regional PM copies anyway, instead of doing the coding myself now that I know you're planning on it.

Sound good? I'm not sure how far along you are on the project, but if you have the Stages filled already (seems so), I'll go through it to fix them up, or change what's not really functional. If you don't have 10 textures for every character (seems like no) then I'll check them out and fill in what's needed. If you would prefer to have images and detail on everything done (probably for the benefit of others) I can do that easily enough too.

What say you?
Hey Nausicaa, you had me at hello. Actually you had me at your username cause I love that movie. Now moving on to what your discussing. From what I can tell, we are doing similar projects (or yours hasnt been made public?) and you wish to collaborate with me in order to release an even better project with a split load? Sounds good to me.

Here's what I've done with my project:

Every CSP, BP and ABP has been created to match the texture it represents
The CSS has been edited with names removed etc
I am currently having issues porting the cBliss to 2.6 as I am not very good with code and nothing I seem to do seems to be working. I just read somewhere that every spot has to be filled in order for it to work so I am slowly pucking away at it, Ill tell you whats going on.

I am very attached to the textures I have on each character right now, but I would love to assimilate with half of YOUR favourite from each character and I could do all the graphic design for the CSPs and BPs and such.

To answer your question. Yes. I'd love to work with you and having that detailed description would only further what I'm trying to do (world domination of course). Also I dont quite know waht the complete viable stage list is but Ill check it out but I am so down for different versions, and a more polished project. Keep me in touch and we will figure this out.

EDIT: Just checkout out the thread and would love a version that had those stages in it! Talk to me! Lets figure out how to make this happen.

EDIT EDIT: Wow just realized how sorta kinda famous you are, thanks for checking out my stuff! I'd love to help you in any way I can!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Cant figure out cBliss any help would be nice.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Hey Nausicaa, you had me at hello. Actually you had me at your username cause I love that movie. Now moving on to what your discussing. From what I can tell, we are doing similar projects (or yours hasnt been made public?) and you wish to collaborate with me in order to release an even better project with a split load? Sounds good to me.

Here's what I've done with my project:

Every CSP, BP and ABP has been created to match the texture it represents
The CSS has been edited with names removed etc
I am currently having issues porting the cBliss to 2.6 as I am not very good with code and nothing I seem to do seems to be working. I just read somewhere that every spot has to be filled in order for it to work so I am slowly pucking away at it, Ill tell you whats going on.

I am very attached to the textures I have on each character right now, but I would love to assimilate with half of YOUR favourite from each character and I could do all the graphic design for the CSPs and BPs and such.

To answer your question. Yes. I'd love to work with you and having that detailed description would only further what I'm trying to do (world domination of course). Also I dont quite know waht the complete viable stage list is but Ill check it out but I am so down for different versions, and a more polished project. Keep me in touch and we will figure this out.

EDIT: Just checkout out the thread and would love a version that had those stages in it! Talk to me! Lets figure out how to make this happen.

EDIT EDIT: Wow just realized how sorta kinda famous you are, thanks for checking out my stuff! I'd love to help you in any way I can!
Have you read the Manga? I actually only first heard about it from someone messaging me on these forums, asking if I'd read it because they loved the name too. If you love the movie, you'll love the Manga. The movie barely covers 1.5 of the Volumes, and there's 7 Volumes. <3

The Stage stuff was public (as you saw) but I never finished completing the cBliss on 2.5b in time for 2.6 to be released. Well, it was all done and filled, basically, but I never got around to working on the CSS. Figured it wasn't 'complete' for public-mass use until that was done since I just left the black silhouettes on everything. 2.6 came out and haven't gone back to it. I actually haven't even touched the CSS screen itself, and haven't look into it yet, so don't know how much work that is. You could probably take on that side of it like a boss though. haha
I also managed to get File-Patch Code 3.5.1 working (doubles everything in the game by switching folders with button in-puts), but not in conjunction with cBliss. So I'm looking to get both of them working together along with the Stage Expansion for 2.6...
...In other words, if either cBliss, File-Patch, or Exp. Pack stuff is done to a Project: M, why not do all of them?
It's a lot of work, but with multiple people actually compiling this, it's for sure worth it.
Also, cBliss 'should' work if you load it without filling every slot. You just won't be able to play if you select something you shouldn't be selecting when there's nothing there yet.

Regarding textures, it won't be difficult to make 1 version based on what you have already, and fill it in with stuff to make a finished project. Afterwards, going through it to insure everything is functional will be a pretty smooth process. It may take some excess work (CSS/Icons/OP updates/Stage edits/change-logs/whatever), but a tournament-viable set of the game is inevitably what I would eventually work towards. 1 for preference, 1 for practicality. 1 with whatever the heck we want with so much room to play, 1 for the sake of allowing the community access to a full game.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.1005
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
That type of stuff, in combination with Project: M, filled with 100% viable and unique stages, and 100% functional character skins.
Whatever models/textures you have first is good. It's REALLY easy to change the CSS/Icons back to default cBliss style. We could just copy-paste the whole folders since nothing manually has to be done to revert it back compared to modifying the default initially. Having silhouettes on a tourney-functing CSS is fine since all of the 10 selected will be usable, and we can start with silly because it's under-way and really fun.

To make this happen, I think step 1 would the Stage stuff.
Do you have the Stage Exp and all Stages filled already on that OP download Link? (I'll DL it and see what's up)
If not, send me the necessary files (or even better, the whole PM copy you're using with the characters and stuff in it too so I can check that out), and I'll work on the Stage stuff until that's done.
Stages are what I've been working on the most in terms of public stuff, so I might as well get that out of the way. I can manage to icons (all of them) and I'll keep you posted on what changes I make/etc. If there's any Stages in particular that you want to keep in the for-fun version before I 'competitive-legitimize' them, let me know, so I can tweak them if needed instead of removing them or something. haha

Step 2, if possible, could you look into the cBliss and 3.5.3 stuff?
I'll try the coding again at some point, as well as the 3.5.3 thing, but if someone else could check it out, that would be great, as it was a long time ago that I did it and would probably take a bit for me to figure out again for 2.6. I'm sure someone else is already looking into it anyway, and I'm not exactly a code-savvy person yet either.
There's some info in these threads that I skimmed over, that I think might be really helpful.
cBliss
http://smashboards.com/threads/cbliss-ready-project-m.339009/
Some posts about 3.5.3
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-mewtwo-a-balancing-project.337040/

Step 3
If you're getting textures from BrawlVault, chances are I've tested them out, because I worked in reverse. Instead of looking through it and downloading what looked good, I once downloaded literally EVERYTHING on that site that wasn't glitched or reported... and slowly weeded out all the things that weren't functional enough for me to bother with.
Yeah, we're crazy like that locally.

I'm leaving on Sunday and will be gone for 10 days or so, then leaving again for a similar amount of time. Until then, I'll stay active on here so we can get some things sorted out.

Best of luck in the meantime!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm leaving on Sunday and will be gone for 10 days or so, then leaving again for a similar amount of time. Until then, I'll stay active on here so we can get some things sorted out.

Best of luck in the meantime!
Yah so Ive begun looking into 3.5.3 and am currently testing. It seems more stable and less space consuming than cBliss and its more in the realm of my understanding. Ill keep looking into both however and Ill work more into the code/graphic side of things if your interested in filling the project to the brim with content. Good luck!

Edit: Got File Patch working successfully with normal project m 2.6 running my textures. What do you think about having a version that has the stage expansion in RSB4 and no stage expansion in RSBE? That way we could have one build that contains both? Im gonna do more research into the different folder ideas and such. Im going to test it with CSE later as well as your stage pack. This is getting fun!

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Dmickolas is helping out with this coding stuff too. He already had a version of 2.6 with Stage Exp, 3.5.1, and Sound Exp working. Just have to figure out how to get that running with cBliss to.
If we have all this AND cBliss, we can easily have 1 folder that is entirely tournament-viable style, and 1 that's a compilation of what you+him hand-pick for preference. He said a lot of what you had here, he had too. Might just take this to group PM's, as it's more stable to know what everyone else is doing instead of scattered haha.

Edit: And awesome. haha

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Have you read the Manga? I actually only first heard about it from someone messaging me on these forums, asking if I'd read it because they loved the name too. If you love the movie, you'll love the Manga. The movie barely covers 1.5 of the Volumes, and there's 7 Volumes. <3

Fun (but totally off-topic) fact: Miyazaki originally wanted to make Nausicaa a movie, but at the time anime wasn't very popular unless it was based on a manga, so he wrote that first. Essentially the Nausicaa movie is based on the manga that's based on the movie.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Edit: Got File Patch working successfully with normal project m 2.6 running my textures. What do you think about having a version that has the stage expansion in RSB4 and no stage expansion in RSBE? That way we could have one build that contains both? Im gonna do more research into the different folder ideas and such. Im going to test it with CSE later as well as your stage pack. This is getting fun!
What is CSE?
And awesome!
cBliss apparently doesn't take any more room than other codes as it takes some weird codes out to make it work. I can't remember the details, but I remember reading up on that somewhere.
How would you do a Stage Expansion in 1 and not the other? Also, why? haha

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
What is CSE?
And awesome!
cBliss apparently doesn't take any more room than other codes as it takes some weird codes out to make it work. I can't remember the details, but I remember reading up on that somewhere.
How would you do a Stage Expansion in 1 and not the other? Also, why? haha
Hahah i wrote that in confusion :p I realized the code needed for CSE (Custom stage expansion pack) is embedded in the GCT so it would be consistent for the whole pack. in regards to cBliss I was more referring to the number of skins but thats fine cause skins are small. In essence disregard my last comment haha.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Haha sweet.
I'm organizing a million folders from a year of editing stages and textures. It's nuts! It's going to be crazier when there's 3.5.3 and cBliss+CSE all together. Ugh...

You get the inbox messages at all?

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Hey patt is there any chance you could send me a list of the Gecko codes used by this mod? I'm currently working on building a .iso that runs this mod and doesn't need gecko os, all I'm missing is a few codes that gct edit doesn't recognize

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
On an unrelated note, I've noticed that a few of the models cause a major slowdown of the game. These include, but are probably not limited to, Link (with the hood), Spiderman, and MasterChief (from Halo). You might want to think about decreasing their poly count in a future update.

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Just to specify I would love it if you could send me (or post) the list of codes for the stage expansion version

Jman0625

Smash Cadet
NNID
jman0625
3DS FC
1762-2784-3619
Hit Patt, you my good sir rock. Sorry I'm a little late to the party XD but i'm also a MAC user and love the character textures.
I've been wanting to combine your character portrays and textures, while using the stages from the following mod pack
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1mu70m/77_stage_build_for_26b_new_stages_included/
The stages from the 77 stage pack don't show up in icon form is there any way you could fix this for fellow Mac Users or is there any way to get around this PLEASE HELP!

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
Hey Patt this is a very good texture hack some of my favorite pokemon and anime characters are on here !! during playing around with this thing i noticed a couple bugs

1.) i have certain stages set to random and for some reason they show up in the menu which ones are on and off but still when you press random any stage in the game comes up it is a hassle to pick stages u want all the time

2) adventure mode freezes up after the first missions with mario

3)also tails lags if there is more then 2 people (maybe just final destination not sure)

really good pack just a couple things im hoping i can get fixed up if you can help me out

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
1.) i have certain stages set to random and for some reason they show up in the menu which ones are on and off but still when you press random any stage in the game comes up it is a hassle to pick stages u want all the time
This is something caused by the Stage Expansion code which has the random stage select "fixed" so that the custom stages can appear when selecting random. I have no idea how to alter that if there is even a way to.

2) adventure mode freezes up after the first missions with mario
This is likely a glitch with Project M in general. Single player modes aren't of any focus to the PMBR and a lot of the stuff they did to the game messes with some of the single player features.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
This is something caused by the Stage Expansion code which has the random stage select "fixed" so that the custom stages can appear when selecting random. I have no idea how to alter that if there is even a way to.

This is likely a glitch with Project M in general. Single player modes aren't of any focus to the PMBR and a lot of the stuff they did to the game messes with some of the single player features.
Thanks for the reply ill just have to tough it out for the time being.... Also in the most selfish way I was wondering if theres anyway I can change the sora skin for pit to someone like marth. I love sora with a passion and I cant seeem to fall for pit the same way im not sure if I could set that up or not thanks again

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Thanks for the reply ill just have to tough it out for the time being.... Also in the most selfish way I was wondering if theres anyway I can change the sora skin for pit to someone like marth. I love sora with a passion and I cant seeem to fall for pit the same way im not sure if I could set that up or not thanks again
Hey! Sorry for not responding. You are free to change any character you'd like to. It's as simple as replacing their PAC and pcs files inside the files system. There are many great programs that give you visual cues for how to do this like brawl costume manager (google it). Any other questions please ask!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hit Patt, you my good sir rock. Sorry I'm a little late to the party XD but i'm also a MAC user and love the character textures.
I've been wanting to combine your character portrays and textures, while using the stages from the following mod pack
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1mu70m/77_stage_build_for_26b_new_stages_included/
The stages from the 77 stage pack don't show up in icon form is there any way you could fix this for fellow Mac Users or is there any way to get around this PLEASE HELP!
Hey! Sorry it took me two weeks to notice a comment here :( well the best way to go about this is to take extract the files out of my pack and replace the files in the one mentioned in the link. I could do it but you'd be waiting till mid December haha. I hope your question can be further clarified by other members of the community but keep doing research. You need to replace character selection portraits, battle portraits, and the fighter folder among other things. We are getting close to releasing a huge hack for project m that makes mine look tiny so stay tuned for that!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
On an unrelated note, I've noticed that a few of the models cause a major slowdown of the game. These include, but are probably not limited to, Link (with the hood), Spiderman, and MasterChief (from Halo). You might want to think about decreasing their poly count in a future update.
Hey! I will for sure keep this in a list because I know certain characters of slow downs. Also I don't have the original GCT for the stage expansion but a google search should find the host website where I found it. Glad your playing my compilation!

Luke McCloud

#NooooooDeeeeeeeeEeeeeeyyyyyyeeee
Yes sir! All you do is put the files on an 2GB non SDHC SD card, insert it into wii, start up Brawl, and go to stage builder. The code should run from there. There is a read me in the file that goes into greater detail :)
Hey man, great stuff. What do you mean "the files"? I've seen what files you have, I'm just wondering which ones, and how you would set it up? (ex. takes everything out of file, leave file ect..) Can't wait until I get this working!

Jman0625

Smash Cadet
NNID
jman0625
3DS FC
1762-2784-3619
Hey! Sorry it took me two weeks to notice a comment here :( well the best way to go about this is to take extract the files out of my pack and replace the files in the one mentioned in the link. I could do it but you'd be waiting till mid December haha. I hope your question can be further clarified by other members of the community but keep doing research. You need to replace character selection portraits, battle portraits, and the fighter folder among other things. We are getting close to releasing a huge hack for project m that makes mine look tiny so stay tuned for that!
B-b-b--bigger than it is now?! jeez! Where will the download be?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey man, great stuff. What do you mean "the files"? I've seen what files you have, I'm just wondering which ones, and how you would set it up? (ex. takes everything out of file, leave file ect..) Can't wait until I get this working!
If you go to my drop box there is a wii set folder, download that folder, extract its contents into a SD card. Going onto the actually project m site could help for more detailed information! Also my read me is in the drop box folder link.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Yes sir! Has been for a while. It'll be 3.0 soon so I'll have to do some intense testing before release to make sure my 3.0 version is as glitch free as my current 2.6b version. Thanks for playing :)
I just was curious, as that was a HUGE wall of text!

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
How big is the download? I am sitting here and just curious how long it will take to download.
EDIT: nevermind it loaded quickly (ish) it sat there thinking for a bit.

Top Bottom