• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Money89

Smash Rookie
Yea it does man if you are using it on the wii u it is really easy. All you have to do is download the file, unzip it (right click then select extract all). Open the folder so you have the folders codes, private, project M, background, boot.elf, and gameconfig. Once you have those you need to copy and paste those onto a blank 2.0 GB SD card (sold at walgreens for $10.00). I also go to the official project M website and place put the Gecko OS file they have available for download for the hackless full set on the SD card next to those other six files I placed above. It is very important that those 7 items are the first thing that your system reads and not a folder that has them condensed. After that man all you have to do man is run the game as usual and go to Stage Builder and the SD card/programs does the rest for you. Also make sure that you have deleted any of your custom stages you built/ the three default custom stages the game came with if you dont it either won't load or it will constantly crash. Hope this helps man I am newbie when it comes to this stuff as well but you catch on quick after updating your files and changing a few things around.
thank you

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I also go to the official project M website and place put the Gecko OS file they have available for download for the hackless full set on the SD card next to those other six files I placed above. It is very important that those 7 items are the first thing that your system reads and not a folder that has them condensed.
You say you went to the Project M website just to get the gecko OS file. Is it not included in the download of 3-02? That gecko OS files comes straight from the project M 3.0n vanilla download anyways so if its there you don't need to add an extra step! :)

Hey there is another skin that seems to freeze, and what a disappointment to, it's one of my favorite ones. Deadpool for Snake freezes when starting the stage.

I liked the deadpool skin as well, and I will keep on a look out for either A) a new skin or B) a way to fix the old skin so it works with Project M 3.0. The strange thing was a bunch of skins didn't like the update. I'll keep you posted.

RelaxRelapse

Smash Rookie
Hey man! Actually signed up just because I like your version, and wanted to let you know what bugs I ran into.

The Peach & Daisy Ice Climbers skin froze the game. I tried all of the other Ice Climbers skins and they worked fine. Not sure what's wrong with that one.

Also on 3.02, only one of the Squirtle skins worked. When I chose one of the non-working Squirtle skins it froze the game when eating one of the food items.

Everything else seemed to work fine though. Keep up the good work!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey man! Actually signed up just because I like your version, and wanted to let you know what bugs I ran into.

The Peach & Daisy Ice Climbers skin froze the game. I tried all of the other Ice Climbers skins and they worked fine. Not sure what's wrong with that one.

Also on 3.02, only one of the Squirtle skins worked. When I chose one of the non-working Squirtle skins it froze the game when eating one of the food items.

Everything else seemed to work fine though. Keep up the good work!
Haven't posted 3.03 so I'll try to address your worries. Freezing on items? I don't play with items so I haven't tested that! Also try formatting your SD card and trying again it may fix most issues. Ill do some tests when I can before I release .03. I'm also having issues with squirtle skins.. I'll try to figure it out before .03.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Ah, yes! This change of download hosts is good news indeed, and just in time for the Holiday season, no less!

Well, I know what I'll be playing during my wait for Christmas. Thank you very much for your hard work, kind sir!

ChrisToFU

Smash Rookie
Can you put up a list of all the skins that currently crash the game? I play on a Wii U and it's annoying to have to unplug the power chord and restart the whole process of starting P:M up. Other than that I love this pack!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Can you put up a list of all the skins that currently crash the game? I play on a Wii U and it's annoying to have to unplug the power chord and restart the whole process of starting P:M up. Other than that I love this pack!
I just posted a new version on the OP called 3.0-03. It deals with all of the crashes I am aware of and adds some extra flare to my pack. No extra stages yet but there shouldn't be any crashes. Make sure to update and be sure to notify me immediately if there are any more crashes because I can`t know it all :)

ganonstomp

Smash Rookie
is there a stage only version of this expansion? I absolutely love your work but i dont vibe with alot of your menu changes and skins.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
is there a stage only version of this expansion? I absolutely love your work but i dont vibe with alot of your menu changes and skins.
Haha then what about my work do you love exactly? Also if you're looking for a stage only version (the stages I currently have) just download vanilla project M. If you mean the stage expansion (which I currently don't have) I will be making a packaged Project M 3.0 w/ stage expansion later so hang tight for that. Thanks for your interest.

ganonstomp

Smash Rookie
i love the fact that you went for something this ambitious, just really psyched for that stage expansion. I refresh this page a few times a day checking to see if the expansion was released, i was under the impression that your new release included the stages but i guess i am mistaken.

edit: also will it be possible to replace stages you put in with others?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi patt, thanks for looking into my ganondorf model suggestions, just wanted to show you that someone added Cbliss to PM 3.0 with 10 slots per character, I'm sure you could benefit from this if you'd be able to add way more interesting and classic models for the pack you have: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1tq68l/cblissready_project_m_30_maxedout_slots/
I'll take a look at it but cBliss is so painful to use because of its need to fill everything. If I did add it it would probably be in April when I have more free time again :)

There's not even enough 3.0 ready stages to fill the 2nd page and some of the first page.
I know libertyernie, and he is actively upgrading his 3.0 CEP and stages from PMCE to match 3.0 standards so don't worry about that. It will come.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Compiling 2 new builds. v3.0-04 will have some updated characters and Stage Expansion v6.0, The other build will be a hackless wii full set Project M 3.0 Vanilla with stage expansion 6.0. Should be up before the day is over.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
It's okay. We were playing some team battle and we encountered some bugs we thought you might want to know about. Sometimes the game will soft freeze at the results screen right after the last person presses start. we couldn't replicate it but it happened 3 times in a course of 4 hours. Hope it helps somehow.

Also we noticed that Ganondorf has a sword that can be enabled/disabled from a taunt? Idk if thats in default project M or brawl, did you add it in there? It was a nice touch. EDIT: Ah i see, I saw it in the Changelog. Thanks for that!

Also, if you look at that reddit thread link I posted previously for cBliss enabled PM 3.0 they also uploaded the files to fill all 10 slots per character so you dont get any freezes as you fill the slots! Thought that might help development of you implementing that so you can use 10 slots per character in your wonderful pack to increase the variety of difference character included in the future!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
It's okay. We were playing some team battle and we encountered some bugs we thought you might want to know about. Sometimes the game will soft freeze at the results screen right after the last person presses start. we couldn't replicate it but it happened 3 times in a course of 4 hours. Hope it helps somehow.

Also we noticed that Ganondorf has a sword that can be enabled/disabled from a taunt? Idk if thats in default project M or brawl, did you add it in there? It was a nice touch. EDIT: Ah i see, I saw it in the Changelog. Thanks for that!

Also, if you look at that reddit thread link I posted previously for cBliss enabled PM 3.0 they also uploaded the files to fill all 10 slots per character so you dont get any freezes as you fill the slots! Thought that might help development of you implementing that so you can use 10 slots per character in your wonderful pack to increase the variety of difference character included in the future!
Hmm.. I don't always play with 4 people so Ive never encounter that glitch. Are you sure it wasn't tied to a specific player? Also I updated the ganon mod in this next version so try it out! Goodnight. It's 20% uploaded at the moment.

EDIT: UPLOADED!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Awesome stuff man.

Why does it display "Demo V 2.6" when you launch it though ?
Which pack are you launching? The Vanilla Project M 3.0 with CEP 6.0? That could just be a strap that didn't get changed (a graphic) please update if it seems to be running 2.6. If not I don't really care to change it because my main focus is my pack. Tell me how it goes!

Torsade de pointe

Smash Cadet
I am using the 3.0-04 pack. This is definitely 3.0 running, but the first thing the screen display is "Demo V 2.6". Doesn't matter that much. I'd change it if I knew how though.

Razor Samurai

Smash Rookie
Yo Patt! Just wanna say thanks man!! Me and my friends use your pack all the time and it's awesome! Quick question though. What do you use for stage managing tools? I'm trying to replace some of the custom stages with my own and can't seem to find a good program to use.

ganonstomp

Smash Rookie
hey thanks so much for adding the stage expansion, however it is not loading under the stage builder when i try to boot it, there is no grey box like there ususally is and the game simply says theres no content on the sd card.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I am using the 3.0-04 pack. This is definitely 3.0 running, but the first thing the screen display is "Demo V 2.6". Doesn't matter that much. I'd change it if I knew how though.
Ill have that fixed by next version. Must have got mixed up when I was switching straps around.

Yo Patt! Just wanna say thanks man!! Me and my friends use your pack all the time and it's awesome! Quick question though. What do you use for stage managing tools? I'm trying to replace some of the custom stages with my own and can't seem to find a good program to use.
I haven't delved into that yet because 3.0 changed a lot of stuff. There is some good stuff by libertyernie if you google stage manager. Maybe it has been updated?

hey thanks so much for adding the stage expansion, however it is not loading under the stage builder when i try to boot it, there is no grey box like there ususally is and the game simply says theres no content on the sd card.
This sometimes happens, make sure there is nothing on your SD card, that it is a 2GB no SDHC card, and that you put everything in the root of the card with the folders zipped out and taken out of the single folder so there are about 5 items in the root of the SD including "projectm" and such. Let me know if there are any other issues.

twilight_panda

Smash Rookie
The hackless wii version doesn't have the characters or I'm I doing something wrong because all thestages show but the characters are the project m characters and skins. I started with an empty sd card and moved everything into it and last time i tried to launch it it gave me an code saying exception was found and abunch of code and then said reset at bottom but mywii froze I'll try take a pic post it but not until later

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
I got your answer. The there is a nice way to package the whole thing together other than brawl box. that would be in this website.
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/
It has managers for all types of things. And as of the last day of 2013 it has been updated to read the new file systems for project M.

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
Yo man! Gotta say I am loving your work. Haven't updated to 3.04.( If its out. Havent seen the download for it or i've overlooked it ) Sticking with .03 since i have not encountered a single bug. My only problem is the new music and and the troll song. I just miss humming along to the original music. Which files are the music and troll song so i can make sure not to add them when I redo everything?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Which files are the music and troll song so i can make sure not to add them when I redo everything?
I would update to .04 if only because encountering bugs is annoying. You can find all my downloads in the downloads spoiler tags. I always update the top of the OP explaining what is available currently.

To remove menu (which is what I assume you meant by music) and result screen music go into projectm/pf sound folder and delete the following:

• Z01 - Victory! (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Z02 - Victory! (Donkey Kong)
  • Z03 - Victory! (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Z04 - Victory! (Metroid)
  • Z05 - Victory! (Yoshi)
  • Z06 - Victory! (Kirby)
  • Z07 - Victory! (Star Fox)
  • Z08 - Victory! (Pokémon)
  • Z10 - Victory! (F-Zero)
  • Z11 - Victory! (Mother)
  • Z16 - Victory! (Ice Climbers)
  • Z17 - Victory! (Fire Emblem)
  • Z18 - Victory! (Game & Watch)
  • Z21 - Victory! (Wario)
  • Z22 - Victory! (Meta Knight)
  • Z23 - Victory! (Kid Icarus)
  • Z25 - Victory! (Pikmin)
  • Z35 - Victory! (R.O.B. / Robot)
  • Z46 - Victory! (Metal Gear)
  • Z47 - Victory! (Sonic the Hedgehog)
and
  • X01 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme (CS: Nobuo Uematsu, AS: Shogo Sakai)
  • X02 - Menu 1
  • X03 - Menu 2 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • W30 - Menu 1 (Melee) - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Cheers

As of the last day of 2013 it has been updated to read the new file systems for project M.
Well I'll be. Looks like they have been. Character and stage changes will be much easier again. When I have time I'll make full use of them, thanks!

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
Thanks dude I got it back to normal. Hope you get all those bugs worked out. Good luck to ya.

Last edited:

kezsonaj

Smash Rookie
Hey I have a suggestion for your next pack. I recently got into Hacking Super Smash Bros Brawl and your pack honestly is probably the best pack out there with a few exceptions of skins. I have been dieing to add a Good King K Rool skin to the game and I feel that Warios moves in Project M fit King K Rool Perfectly. I say why not to adding him as a skin for Wario. I feel like his skin for bowser is sorta sloppy. Maybe this new skin that I found would possibly fit Wario better. This one was actually meant for Wario. I only suggest this because I can't get the skin to work properly because Im not really a modder, even though I understand the basic model of how it works, the skin still makes the game crash because I dont know what Im doing. http://www.mediafire.com/download/0i7q49nc7bo9g0a/The Kremling King.rar theres the link to the skin download. Honestly I like what your doing, makes the game a whole lot of fun. I honestly love your art style and youve cleaned it up I have to say. Keep up the Good work.

kezsonaj

Smash Rookie
Also Ganon's Sword switch is pretty cool, if there was some cool movesets for other characters to switch between.

kezsonaj

Smash Rookie
Nvm I got it to work. I checked out your old post with Brawl Manager, made it 10x Easier. Thanks a lot for the advice! The problem was that FitWario FIles 00-06 arent the same as 07-12 and it caused the game to crash when you put the Character Model in the wrong slot.

MongolianMisfit

Smash Rookie
Overall, fantastic work on this mod! Holy mother, it's great!

Some minor things so far, Captain Falcon's Goku skin just loads a alt Captain Falcon color. Mewtwo portrait for Mewtwo Y loads Dark Purple Mewtwo and vice versa. Same for Charizard Yveltal loading Aerodactyl and vice versa.
Also is there a Link or Toon Link alt costume on Brawl Vault that is Link Between Worlds Link? That would be a fantastic addition.

I'll update if I find or think of anything else.

Edit: Sheik as Spiderman turns into Toon Zelda.
Also, Haxorus Squirtle just really looks bad in my opinion. The model just looks fat and ...bad. Same could be said for Yveltal Charizard Alt, just looks awkward, like it doesn't fit.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Nvm I got it to work. I checked out your old post with Brawl Manager, made it 10x Easier. Thanks a lot for the advice! The problem was that FitWario FIles 00-06 arent the same as 07-12 and it caused the game to crash when you put the Character Model in the wrong slot.
Yes this is a common issue that I struggled with ALOT with Wario. Glad you figured it all out. To be honest I am not a very good modeller, I just have the patience to compile :)

Will you change some of the stages in the CEP soon? In particular Hannebow, Mushroomy Kingdom (Moving Stages)
Once I find the flow of my new University schedule I will be. (Trust me I can't stand some of the stages in Brawl and I'm not so much a purist that they have to be in there haha)

Overall, fantastic work on this mod! Holy mother, it's great!
I'll update if I find or think of anything else.
Thanks for this! I'll check it out to make sure all mistakes are corrected. I don't like the squirtle skin either so that will be join once I find a decent one. I want all the skein transformations to match so Ill be working on that. Thanks! Stay tuned for the next update one day haha.

Top Bottom