• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Yah dophin is really nice for the texture bump and using other controllers.

I noticed your audio gets really desynced through your video. Did you know this?
I did NOT know this, but I'm assuming it is because of the YouTube music removal tool. It can do things like that. These videos make it through okay except for one song:

Juicy Fruit (a) and Juicy Fruit (b) seem to get flagged. Which you may know as this song youtube dot com/watch?v=TQ97FrMQc4s

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I did NOT know this, but I'm assuming it is because of the YouTube music removal tool. It can do things like that. These videos make it through okay except for one song:

Juicy Fruit (a) and Juicy Fruit (b) seem to get flagged. Which you may know as this song youtube dot com/watch?v=TQ97FrMQc4s
The best thing to do is back out and in until a different menu song turns on. They can't copywrite smash songs.

Last edited:

Kandata

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt,

My friends and I love your mod. We've been smash bros. fans since we were little, and this mod brings us back to old days hanging out and playing all night. We spent like 3h last night optimizing the dolphin settings and figured out how to run the game flawlessly, but we both have good computers. We set it up on ps3 controllers and it works like a charm. (Just btw to anyone who has had random lag spikes, or about 5 mins into the game it lags for 30 seconds - PUT VSYNC ON, that's the answer to all the problems we found.)

Either way, we were looking at all the skins and there are a few we thought of to add, and I found them on brawlvault. I downloaded them and tried to inject the files into the sd card using WinImage and saving, but then only original Brawl loads when I load boot.elf. When I revert the SD to before the change, then it loads fine.

My question is: how do I add new skins??

chb3320

Smash Rookie
Are there certain costumes your using when this happens?[/quote]

Hey Patt,

No this happens for all of the costumes. I'm using the mod on a Wii U, I took out the SD card and used it on a friend's wii and the B button moves worked fine.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I suggest replacing Bowser's Blastoise costume with Mega Blastoise
http://s750.photobucket.com/user/trunksin4/media/Screenshot77.png.html

And I played as Nidoking Bowser, not only does it not look like Nidoking but it's ugly, so how about this Bowser Pokemon costume instead? http://imgur.com/hstIraH
I've used that mega Blastoise skin and found it to be lacking. The textures looked off. Plus this Blastoise is my favourite skin so your out of luck.

I'll see about the other skin though.

Booster

Smash Lord
I've used that mega Blastoise skin and found it to be lacking. The textures looked off. Plus this Blastoise is my favourite skin so your out of luck.

I'll see about the other skin though.
I do love the Blastoise skin, I just thought you would prefer the Mega version. I will admit I don't like the Mega skin much either, that gun on it's head makes it look silly and non threatening cause it shoots it's brains xD

Servace

Smash Rookie
I love you mod! But i got one question. Is there a certain way to replace one of the costumes?? I want to change the original peach into something else but when I dragged the pac and pcs files and load the game nothing changed.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
For all those looking at editing my mod with your own custom content please refer to TheytahK's mod school. Read before to post! :)

I don't have the time to answer questions regarding custom edits at the moment. Please keep this thread strictly to bug reports, new content suggestions (with images and brawlvault entries) and comments about the game itself.

Any question that has to do with being unable to start the game/get your wiimote working on the gecko screen/file size issues/not starting up has already been answered most likely and can be answered by searching this post or others for users with your similar problem. I won't respond to anymore help questions sorry :( maybe if other users want to but I just need to focus on content posts and keepig track of suggestions.

As always thanks for your support!

KrAve

Smash Rookie
Hey is it possible to make this in a ISO file? I own SSB but my disk reader doesn't work. So I made Project M in a ISO file. I wanna play with these mods is there a possible way of making it into a ISO file? I can't load it into my SD card because it's already occupied by the Homebrew stuff.

Booster

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention this, I love the Jake the Dog costume for Squirtle and I especially love the character select screen portrait of him. Also it always bothers me how in Let's Play videos of Project M Patt Edition people choose to just play the game rather then look at the costumes

GameXyz

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i really feel bad about asking this because normally i would figure it on my own but here goes,
i'm kind of a noob when it comes to wii hacking specificly.
i hacked with LetterBomb, and now i have HomeBrew channel, but that's all, is it considered hacked?
and how do i install the Patt's edition?
for ProjectM , i ran it through HBC on a 4 GB Fat32 HDSD Card and it worked fine, i don't get why people saying it needs a 2Gb ?

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Hi guys, i really feel bad about asking this because normally i would figure it on my own but here goes,
i'm kind of a noob when it comes to wii hacking specificly.
i hacked with LetterBomb, and now i have HomeBrew channel, but that's all, is it considered hacked?
and how do i install the Patt's edition?
for ProjectM , i ran it through HBC on a 4 GB Fat32 HDSD Card and it worked fine, i don't get why people saying it needs a 2Gb ?
Yes your Wii is considered hacked because of the HBC.
People say it needs 2gb sd cards because there is a hackless version that allows you to boot it up through Brawl itself

Last edited:

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
hey guys is there any chane anyone knows why i cant select like jigglypuff or squirtle or like the rest of the bottom set of characters. cheers guys

GameXyz

Smash Rookie
Yes your Wii is considered hacked because of the HBC.
People say it needs 2gb sd cards because there is a backless version that allows you to boot it up through Brawl itself
Thank you for the answers , i know theses were really nooby questions, but hey now i'm less a noob, looking forward to playing this !

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
hey guys is there any chane anyone knows why i cant select like jigglypuff or squirtle or like the rest of the bottom set of characters. cheers guys
Copy my whole pack in. You most likely didn't copy my gct file in and that held codes that alter the selection area of the css.

Cheers.

GameXyz

Smash Rookie
so i just got it to work, nearly all the characters are tested.

this maybee a small issue but it bugs me a little, the Ike avatar for the dark souls character (from dks2) is not the character model (Oscar from darksouls1) i know this is a nit picky thing but i was suprised to see that, (yes i'm a dark souls nerd lol)

edit ; i just noticed he has the artorias greatsword, NICE ! (my avatar)

edit 2 ; all chars completley work, and i just realised something, without this mod, i would never play with more than half of the stock characters ! thanks Patt =D

Last edited:

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Patt I need help with the dolphin install. I get the patt edition launcher but sometimes the game says buffer out or its normal project M please help

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
so i just got it to work, nearly all the characters are tested.

this maybee a small issue but it bugs me a little, the Ike avatar for the dark souls character (from dks2) is not the character model (Oscar from darksouls1) i know this is a nit picky thing but i was suprised to see that, (yes i'm a dark souls nerd lol)

edit ; i just noticed he has the artorias greatsword, NICE ! (my avatar)

edit 2 ; all chars completley work, and i just realised something, without this mod, i would never play with more than half of the stock characters ! thanks Patt =D
Sorry Im confused. Is the portrait wrong? Or is the ignite playable model wrong? Haha. Regardless Ill try to match the image with the in game model but it would help if you could send me a high quality image of the model (preferably a gif with invisible background) that I could use for the portrait art. Thanks! In the meantime Ill be looking around for one myself.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is the new Triforce Ganon too big to be put in the next update?
Already have him in my test build!!! He's amazing! The only thing is its a permanent move swap (so people can't get normal ganon back) but its too awesome for me to care haha. I'm working on my build today replacing stages and characters and such but I won't release a new build until project m does. It works great with -10 so download it and add it to the projectm/fighter/ganon folder and it works.

Booster

Smash Lord
Already have him in my test build!!! He's amazing! The only thing is its a permanent move swap (so people can't get normal ganon back) but its too awesome for me to care haha. I'm working on my build today replacing stages and characters and such but I won't release a new build until project m does. It works great with -10 so download it and add it to the projectm/fighter/ganon folder and it works.
Thanks, I probably will. I assume since it's all one diverse moveset that it takes up less room?

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
It took me a while to finally get it working, but once I did I immediately loved it. Great job on this dude. I was actually pretty surprised to see how well the models worked with everything.

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
please help me out here. ok if i wanna get the project m: patt edition, i have to go to where it says downloads on top of this page and download it from there and get the contents off of that and extract them off the zip folder to the folder i created?

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
please help me out here. ok if i wanna get the project m: patt edition, i have to go to where it says downloads on top of this page and download it from there and get the contents off of that and extract them off the zip folder to the folder i created?
In a nut shell:
-Download Hacked/Hackless
-Unzip
-Drag drop contents into sd card
-Put the sd card into the wii
-Boot it up

I love you mod! But i got one question. Is there a certain way to replace one of the costumes?? I want to change the original peach into something else but when I dragged the pac and pcs files and load the game nothing changed.
If you are replacing the original peach textures name the PAC and PCS files to FitPeach00.pac/pcs then drag and drop into peachs fighter folder

Last edited:

GameXyz

Smash Rookie
Sorry Im confused. Is the portrait wrong? Or is the ignite playable model wrong? Haha. Regardless Ill try to match the image with the in game model but it would help if you could send me a high quality image of the model (preferably a gif with invisible background) that I could use for the portrait art. Thanks! In the meantime Ill be looking around for one myself.
EDIT : Can't show Links xD , i have less than 10 posts >.>.... i'll have to go with text
Edit 2 : i'll PM you a concept art picture of the correct image!
Hi !
sorry i don't know SSBB terminologies yet!
here goes,
the picture that shows the player when selection Ike (Character select screen and little bottom image when battling) is the wrong one, the picture is the Faraam armor Set ( only abtainoble in Dark Souls *2* Ps3/Xbox360/PC Game)

but when you play him, you play as the Elite knight set shown here, the one in darksouls *1*

in short, maybee changing the select screen avatar of Ike (6?)
search google for ,
Dark Souls 2 Faraam Set , and another search for Dark Souls Elite Knight set.
again, this is a very minor thing

Last edited:

GameXyz

Smash Rookie
Hi there, here's a noob to noob guide , try this if you have a HACKED wii like me

1, go to download page, you'll need the file = PMPE 3.0.2 -10(for wii) .zip only (again only if u'r using hoembrew channel)
2, register free account to MediaFire, ***OR** Download the direct link file, i'll send you the link by PrivateMessage since i can't put directLinks because i don't have enought posts >.>....
3,extract with winRar to a folder (desktop preferebly)
4, you should already have project m Hacked on your SD card (it works on a 4gb sd , like mine) if not go to projectm website
5, open both your SD Card folder and the PattEdition file you downloaded from step 2, side by side. get ready to do some serious copy / paste.
6, copy everything from PattEdition Folder(step2) on top of your existing projectM files (replace them), and add the other files from PattEdition to SD Card (new files that are not used by projectM original file)
7, make sure you copied every file from the downloaded file onto your SD Card, put it in, run with HomeBrew Channel, you have to run the SAME launcher as original ProjectM launcher.

again, this is for the HACKED Wii (i did mine with letter bomb)

GameAddict118

Smash Rookie
Is there a possible way to swap skins? for example, if i wanted to get the inuyasha skin on marth or link or something like that, could i just go to the file and move it? im playing on a hackless wii, was just curious about that? (also, you think you could add Broly in the next one that would be awesome)

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is there a possible way to swap skins? for example, if i wanted to get the inuyasha skin on marth or link or something like that, could i just go to the file and move it? im playing on a hackless wii, was just curious about that? (also, you think you could add Broly in the next one that would be awesome)
Refer to TheytahK's modding school thread and my previous posts please. This is not the place to ask about brawl modding basics :) I just don't have the time currently to help you sorry!

Hey everyone! Found some spare time today and took a big crack at going through all your suggestions and making updated to PMPE! Of course I take a look at balance of characters represented when I look for stages as well as quality and playability. Characters are the same. My main goal is to pick alts that don't (sometimes) change hitboxes too much and actually represent another video game player (which is why characters like rainbow bowser or tutu Mario aren't going to be added).

That aside, here is a list of what I've currently been working on and what's been done. Enjoy reading through and getting ready for the release of PMPE 3.5-01!

Please read through and provide your suggestions and thoughts.

PM 3.5-01 Changelog

CHARACTER UPDATES

updated toon zelda to cel shaded
updated ganondorf to mixed v1
updatedd bowser to smash 3
updated dedede to smash 3
updated lucina to newer model
updated smash 3 ike
updated flygon over charizard
updated smash 3 ice climbers
updated roy over wario
updated little mac on captain falcon
updated knuckles on sonic
updated metal sonic on sonic

CHARACTER REPLACEMENTS

replaced feraligator with Ho-oh on charizard
replaced little lucario with sceptile on lucario
replaced sanji with soothe on sheik
replaced pirate wolf with general pepper on wolf
replaced striker mario with pac man on Mario
replaced king bullpen with nabbit on wario
replaced cloud with advent children version over ike
replaced sephiroth with better skin over roy (short sword version) on Roy
replaced maxwell with Ninten on ness
repalced punch guy with masked man on ness
replaced pacman with blaze the cat (gross spin animation) on sonic
replaced nidoking with mecha bowser on ganondorf
replaced diablo with Akuma (freezes)
replaced nidoran with Spyro
replaced aqua with axel on marth

STAGES

replaced mushroomy kingdom 1 with acorn plains
replaced tournament stage (dragon ball) with bombomb battle field
replaced sei-an city with vs. bowser
replaced vs. bowser with metamine EX
replaced going merry with normal pirate ship (kept music)
replaced sacred realm with simpler transitions version

SOUNDS

Added monolith announcer

TO DO

Transfer everything over to 3.5 (when it releases)
Look at brawlEx
Look at expanding those character slots with cbliss update

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Except for getting rid of Sanji and the Going Merry, I like all of these.

Now if you looked into BrawlEX and threw in Sanji's slightly Overpowered PSA..... Well there's a term about pigs and feces that would describe my elation.

Blazing Seraph

Smash Cadet
NNID
XxKajixX
I'm new around the boards, and sorry to bug, but I have a problem. I cannot select the bottom half of the character select screen? What happened? How can I fix it?

Booster

Smash Lord
Refer to TheytahK's modding school thread and my previous posts please. This is not the place to ask about brawl modding basics :) I just don't have the time currently to help you sorry!

Hey everyone! Found some spare time today and took a big crack at going through all your suggestions and making updated to PMPE! Of course I take a look at balance of characters represented when I look for stages as well as quality and playability. Characters are the same. My main goal is to pick alts that don't (sometimes) change hitboxes too much and actually represent another video game player (which is why characters like rainbow bowser or tutu Mario aren't going to be added).

That aside, here is a list of what I've currently been working on and what's been done. Enjoy reading through and getting ready for the release of PMPE 3.5-01!

Please read through and provide your suggestions and thoughts.

PM 3.5-01 Changelog

CHARACTER UPDATES

updated toon zelda to cel shaded
updated ganondorf to mixed v1
updatedd bowser to smash 3
updated dedede to smash 3
updated lucina to newer model
updated smash 3 ike
updated flygon over charizard
updated smash 3 ice climbers
updated roy over wario
updated little mac on captain falcon
updated knuckles on sonic
updated metal sonic on sonic

CHARACTER REPLACEMENTS
replaced feraligator with Ho-oh on charizard
replaced little lucario with sceptile on lucario
replaced sanji with soothe on sheik
replaced pirate wolf with general pepper on wolf
replaced striker mario with pac man on Mario
replaced king bullpen with nabbit on wario
replaced cloud with advent children version over ike
replaced sephiroth with better skin over roy (short sword version) on Roy
replaced maxwell with Ninten on ness
repalced punch guy with masked man on ness
replaced pacman with blaze the cat (gross spin animation) on sonic
replaced nidoking with mecha bowser on ganondorf
replaced diablo with Akuma (freezes)
replaced nidoran with Spyro
replaced aqua with axel on marth

STAGES
replaced mushroomy kingdom 1 with acorn plains
replaced tournament stage (dragon ball) with bombomb battle field
replaced sei-an city with vs. bowser
replaced vs. bowser with metamine EX
replaced going merry with normal pirate ship (kept music)
replaced sacred realm with simpler transitions version

SOUNDS

Added monolith announcer
TO DO
Transfer everything over to 3.5 (when it releases)
Look at brawlEx
Look at expanding those character slots with cbliss update
Pretty good changes aside from replacing Sanji, Going Marry and Feraligatr, 9/10

Edit: Why did you replace Feraligatr? Was he glitchy?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Pretty good changes aside from replacing Sanji, Going Marry and Feraligatr, 9/10

Edit: Why did you replace Feraligatr? Was he glitchy?
He was ugly. Though the ho'oh model is worse haha so he will probably make a return don't worry.

I'm new around the boards, and sorry to bug, but I have a problem. I cannot select the bottom half of the character select screen? What happened? How can I fix it?
Make sure you copy my whole pack in. Even the gct files and such. Read the OP and make sure your sd card looks like the image I provided.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
He was ugly. Though the ho'oh model is worse haha so he will probably make a return don't worry.

Make sure you copy my whole pack in. Even the gct files and such. Read the OP and make sure your sd card looks like the image I provided.
Well your personal preference should come first, though I thought the idea of Feraligatr with a Symbiotic relationship with a Golbat and Zubat was hilarious yet badass and thanks for not cutting any of the Cartoon Network characters!

NighthawkXL

Smash Rookie
We spent like 3h last night optimizing the dolphin settings and figured out how to run the game flawlessly, but we both have good computers.
How did you get Dolphin's netplay to launch to Project M with the mod? Me and my friend can play Project M using a ISO version but not Patt's using the SD.

CrisperTree

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded the hack less version of the mod and i can't seem to get it to work. I have re installed it, formated my sd card, and whenever I go to the stage builder it will just say new stage. I have already deleted all my custom stages. So if anyone can give me some advice that would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom