• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey I'm seriously loving this mod! I absolutely love having the Project M balancing with crazy textures to go along with it and enjoy with my friends. However I was just wondering whether or not its possible to take files from one of your older versions. Like, if I wanted to put omnimon and Roxas back into the game is there a way I could do that?
It is possible. It would be best to go on TheytahK's modding school post and ask about swapping characters and portraits. It's a great way to learn yourself! Search brawl vault for the textures you want and have at her!

DirkMz

Smash Rookie
It is possible. It would be best to go on TheytahK's modding school post and ask about swapping characters and portraits. It's a great way to learn yourself! Search brawl vault for the textures you want and have at her!
Cool! Thanks for your help man. And seriously, love the mod!

Bowser64

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone has already asked this but the file i downloaded is too big for the 2 GB SD card, what can I do to make it able to fit??? Please help.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
Idk if this is the correct place for this question, but how do I replace the Minor Circuit stage and music with the Boxing Ring's stage and music?

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
Uhh, Bowser64. You should delete the Zip file for the download, and use everything else. (For Winrar, the zip file is 3 stacked books, but idk about 7zip. It may be the same thing.) Long story short, delete the thing you extracted, I had the same problem with Brawl Shock. And if your SD card has anything on it, you may want to delete it, or buy a new one. They're really cheap. Btw, nice hack, Patt. Who would've ever thought they'd see Goku, Crash Bandicoot, and Ryu in smash brothers?

Last edited:

Harrison T

Smash Rookie
Hi i would really enjoy to use this mod for my smash bros game, and i would love to play it with my friends! But i do not have a mediafire account so i can't download the link! if you could leave a link to a download that is non media fire i would be extremely pleased! i have seen videos of your mod and it looks fantastic!

Bowser64

Smash Rookie
@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson I have the hackless version downloaded, I go to Custom Builder, it boots up and it looks exactly the same as regular Brawl except it has Zelda and Sheik, Samus and Zero Suit Samus, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard are all seperate. There is no Mewtwo or Roy, also no alternate costumes, and two Warios. It freezes before I can get to the Stage Selection. Please help!!!
P.S. My root of the SD looks exactly like the one Patt shows it should look like, but with the Songs Replaced -10 and Changelog -10 text documents.

Last edited:

DestryLP

Smash Rookie
Reoccurring Problem:

When you have more then 2 controllers active and want to play a singles match, you have to disconnect the extra controllers/wiimotes to set those character slots to "none"

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
Reoccurring Problem:

When you have more then 2 controllers active and want to play a singles match, you have to disconnect the extra controllers/wiimotes to set those character slots to "none"
Your GC controllers work?....I've tried Project M on over 4 wiis, and I cannot (PROPERLY) move up, or down. But that's something with project M, not the pack. Ik what you mean though, and I do not mean to be rude, but unplugging a controller isn't that much work.:4villager:

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
Idk if you're a 1v1 freak like me, but just set the controller's character as a computer. Sure it'll get annoying, but hey. You don't have to chase that chord to get to the Wii ^^ :4villager:

Edit: You said "None", my apologies.

Last edited:

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
I feel like I'm spamming..but speaking of my GC controller problem, is anyone having that issue and/or having their wiimote automatically dash, and/or have trouble with crouching? It all works perfectly fine in Vanilla, but P:M seems to have a little bug with the remotes (I mean, if you ask me, Project M is best on the GC controller anyways.):4villager:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Your GC controllers work?....I've tried Project M on over 4 wiis, and I cannot (PROPERLY) move up, or down. But that's something with project M, not the pack. Ik what you mean though, and I do not mean to be rude, but unplugging a controller isn't that much work.:4villager:
You are spamming. Try to edit the post to make it contain all your... Urges. Usng the reply button allows you to do what I've done this post and make one long versitle post :)

The controller issue is one I have never seen for crouching and such. I've played huge tournaments with my pack and movement is perfect.

Reoccurring Problem:

I'm working on fixing this issue for the next build. For now you have you plug and remove the batteries on that stupid wiimote that's necessary to boot the hack. Sorry but this is the case.

@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson I have the hackless version downloaded, I go to Custom Builder, it boots up and it looks exactly the same as regular Brawl except it has Zelda and Sheik, Samus and Zero Suit Samus, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard are all seperate. There is no Mewtwo or Roy, also no alternate costumes, and two Warios. It freezes before I can get to the Stage Selection. Please help!!!
P.S. My root of the SD looks exactly like the one Patt shows it should look like, but with the Songs Replaced -10 and Changelog -10 text documents.
Try reformatting your card and trying again. I am 100000009% sure that my mod works so it's something give done on your end. Make sure that you he no custom stages on your card and wii and that to haven't messed with gecko hook settings (or does gecko even show up?)

Hi i would really enjoy to use this mod for my smash bros game, and i would love to play it with my friends! But i do not have a mediafire account so i can't download the link! if you could leave a link to a download that is non media fire i would be extremely pleased! i have seen videos of your mod and it looks fantastic!
You don't need an account to download it.

Last edited:

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Welcome back Patt! BTW, we uploaded a new video of version 10 running on a Dolphin this time. Much smoother and no controller issues (I think we just generally have wireless interference with the Wii U.) Apparently I can't post links for one reason or another but it's at youtube (dot) com/watch?v=RQDoqMG6ONc

Axilr

Smash Rookie
About my error before, when it works until I still plays out the brawl version, your solution of changing the settings in gecko didn't work.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Welcome back Patt! BTW, we uploaded a new video of version 10 running on a Dolphin this time. Much smoother and no controller issues (I think we just generally have wireless interference with the Wii U.) Apparently I can't post links for one reason or another but it's at youtube (dot) com/watch?v=RQDoqMG6ONc
Yah dophin is really nice for the texture bump and using other controllers.

I noticed your audio gets really desynced through your video. Did you know this?

About my error before, when it works until I still plays out the brawl version, your solution of changing the settings in gecko didn't work.
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Servace

Smash Rookie
This is the first time trying this. For Some reason I get to the "Hype Intensfies" part and then it flashes to the "now loading" black screen and stays back.. I need help please.

I am using a hacked wii. I have a Project M iso and the SSBB original ISO.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
The controller issue is one I have never seen for crouching and such. I've played huge tournaments with my pack and movement is perfect.

I said Project M, not your build. It's done this on over four builds, and normal P:M. Vanilla brawl and everything else works fine. It doesn't bother me really, but if anyone knows how to fix this, could they post it?

steel101

Smash Rookie
im having some trouble getting this to work. im using Dolphin emulator and i followed all the instructions. when i run boot.elf, it sends me to the intro screen and the hype intensifies screen but after those its just normal brawl. characters have empty alternate costumes, theres two warios, all three pokemon plus pokemon trainer, and any attempt to play results in a crash. going into stage builder doesnt do anything.

where did i go wrong?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
im having some trouble getting this to work. im using Dolphin emulator and i followed all the instructions. when i run boot.elf, it sends me to the intro screen and the hype intensifies screen but after those its just normal brawl. characters have empty alternate costumes, theres two warios, all three pokemon plus pokemon trainer, and any attempt to play results in a crash. going into stage builder doesnt do anything.

where did i go wrong?
I honestly don't know... You copied my whole pack in? You didn't put it over top of an existing pack or project m itself right?

Last edited:

Master Protocol

Smash Cadet
So I realize this is prolly not the place for this, but I've searched everywhere for answers and found none. Patt, I took the liberty of changing out your textures for others, and it worked for a while... But when I got confident enough to switch out entire PSA movesets, it freezes. A few examples are:
Shadic over Ganondorf, Shadow over Dedede, and Sephiroth over Rob. How do I prevent them from freezing and use them?

Also, Patt, Is there a way that you can send me all the codes necessary to start up PMPE? I don't want to go through the trouble of downloading a GCT converter, and I need something to add other codes too. If its not too much, I'd prefer it soon! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Last edited:

steel101

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't know... You copied my whole pack in? You didn't put it over top of an existing pack or project m itself right?
no, downloaded Easy SDMaker and made my own virtual SD, then injected the files in the PMPE 3.0.2-10 zip with Winimage, toggled insert SD card and opened the boot.elf

ill try a fresh version of Dolphin and see if that helps

edit: yeah the fresh dolphin install fixed it

Last edited:

Bowser64

Smash Rookie

where did i go wrong?
Man i'm having the same exact problem except i'm on a wii instead of dolphin, i'm really confused too :/ If you got it to work what did you do.

Last edited:

AmazeKing

Smash Rookie
can i please get help/advice? I have redownloaded this and it still does not work. When I go to stage builder it just shows the stage builder screen. I believe there is a problem in starting it up. Can someone help I really want to play this.

My sd card is 2 gb
I have no custom stages
My sd card with project m works properly
I have tried pmpe on another sd cards and it still doesnt work
I formatted my sd card to FAT32
I defragged the sd card
The root of my sd card looks like what is pictured in the first post

Is there any way to solve this??

EDIT: finally solved the issue, it was due to the way my computer dealt with zip folders

Last edited:

Kes

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo2000's tool can now expand Toon Link, ROB, Sonic and Wolf to 11 slots and Ganondorf to 12, you planning to implement that?

Esch

Smash Rookie
Patt this is seriously an awesome mod, well done for putting it together! I just have 1 question that may have been previously answered so anyone can answer it really... but I love triforce ganon, and in your version he cant dash-dance, but I think they fixed that but it still isn't updated in your version as far as I am concerned unless you have actually patched it. Anyways I was just looking for an answer or whether its fixed or will be fixed in your version, thanks!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Mewtwo2000's tool can now expand Toon Link, ROB, Sonic and Wolf to 11 slots and Ganondorf to 12, you planning to implement that?
But who even wants more skins for those characters ;)

Though honestly I wish it would expand falcon, Ike and Marth but I'll see about adding it. If I do it will be after the new release of PM.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Patt this is seriously an awesome mod, well done for putting it together! I just have 1 question that may have been previously answered so anyone can answer it really... but I love triforce ganon, and in your version he cant dash-dance, but I think they fixed that but it still isn't updated in your version as far as I am concerned unless you have actually patched it. Anyways I was just looking for an answer or whether its fixed or will be fixed in your version, thanks!
Go to the forum where the new updated ganon is, download the files, drag the files into the sd (projectm/pf/fighter/ganon) and overwrite.

Be wary that some of my textures might push the file limit cap and so you may get soft freezes when doing taunt changes.

Goodluck!

Vincent Draggy

Smash Rookie
yeah, i still cant figure this mod out, i still get stuck at the Project M menu screen and i cant use any controls. i'm using the dolphin emulator with a PC controller. i'm not using a wiimote.

hotcheetotakis

Smash Rookie
Ok so i finally downloaded the pack, but when i go to stage builder it doesnt do anything. it just stays regular brawl...

hotcheetotakis

Smash Rookie
can i please get help/advice? I have redownloaded this and it still does not work. When I go to stage builder it just shows the stage builder screen. I believe there is a problem in starting it up. Can someone help I really want to play this.

My sd card is 2 gb
I have no custom stages
My sd card with project m works properly
I have tried pmpe on another sd cards and it still doesnt work
I formatted my sd card to FAT32
I defragged the sd card
The root of my sd card looks like what is pictured in the first post

Is there any way to solve this??

EDIT: finally solved the issue, it was due to the way my computer dealt with zip folders
How did you fix this ? I am having the same problem :(( I finally got it to work , love it!!!)

Last edited:

Master Protocol

Smash Cadet
So I realize this is prolly not the place for this, but I've searched everywhere for answers and found none. Patt, I took the liberty of changing out your textures for others, and it worked for a while... But when I got confident enough to switch out entire PSA movesets, it freezes. A few examples are:
Shadic over Ganondorf, Shadow over Dedede, and Sephiroth over Rob. How do I prevent them from freezing and use them?

Also, Patt, Is there a way that you can send me all the codes necessary to start up PMPE? I don't want to go through the trouble of downloading a GCT converter, and I need something to add other codes too. If its not too much, I'd prefer it soon! THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I hate spamming but I have no choice, my game doesn't work at all anymore. No matter who I put over ROB, Dedede, Olimar, or Game and Watch, it always freezes when the countdown reaches 1. It's now affected my entire game. Please help Patt, or anyone who knows about this jazz.

Servace

Smash Rookie
This is the first time trying this. For Some reason I get to the "Hype Intensfies" part and then it flashes to the "now loading" black screen and stays back.. I need help please.

I am using a hacked wii. I have a Project M iso and the SSBB original ISO.

Please help me.

Atom`

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBrawlMelee
3DS FC
0318-8048-9695
Hey Patt, Congrats on the Wedding!

Quick question, I'm having issues with the music. Do you think a defrag of the SD card, or a full format would help with this?
I get a wierd Crackling in the background. Sometimes it sounds like two songs may be playing at once. Not sure if this is a known thing or not.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Hey Patt, Congrats on the Wedding!

Quick question, I'm having issues with the music. Do you think a defrag of the SD card, or a full format would help with this?
I get a wierd Crackling in the background. Sometimes it sounds like two songs may be playing at once. Not sure if this is a known thing or not.
Defrag the SD Card.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Yah dophin is really nice for the texture bump and using other controllers.

I noticed your audio gets really desynced through your video. Did you know this?
:(
I did not notice that. Hmmm, I hope that isn't happening often. I never noticed anything live, must be my mic or something.

Top Bottom