• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Decloned Doc PSA

Rage83

Smash Ace
A complete Doctor Mario PSA for Project M 3.6. This is usable in Project M 3.6 with BrawlEx, and includes files to drop on top of @PyotrLuzhin 's PM+BrawlEx set up to do so.

Doc 3.6 PSA Changelist:

Version 1.3:

Balance updates! Done by SLuigi123, and tested by the two of us. Now featuring a (finally) shortened up special, more decloned hitbox data, and an overall more cohesive feel.

Balance Change Documentation:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jtQJFAbd8kZ8q06lbvKQ1NdWYrb0d9nQfV3FWIhR4Iw/edit

Version 1.2:

Up B travel distance reverted to 1.0 to fix "uber-bounce" bug, down b has its intended movement, fixed final smash, pill duration, as well as final voice changes.

Version 1.1:

On hit SFX switched around a bit, up b now is a single hit that loses strength over time(as originally intended), and has correct travel distances on both axes, down b is *closer* to its intended movement, as well as possibly minor voice changes.

Version 1.0:

Smash 4 Tornado, Jab and side tilt, Melee angle down tilt, Brawl back air, changed angles on up air and fair, ground pound down air, Doc sweetspot system for nair....
pills are smaller, but pack more punch, use new model, have 9 color combos, and use light element on hit
side b does not turn enemies around, but knocks them behind Doc instead, and becomes a kill move at higher percents(edited)
up special is a multihit electric punch, that changes strength as it progresses, and uses a 'new' sound(edited)
crowd cheer exists, and many voice calls on Doc are in different places compared to Mario
Doc's fast and slow cliff attacks are switched, with the benefit of both being stronger to compensate
wait animations and a win animation are changed
up taunt is an inversion of Mario's(Mini Mushroom). side taunt is a peace sign, and down taunt is the PM one with a small fix(it uses any of the 9 pills, and not just the default red/blue one)
Doc's attributes have been edited, so he generally is heavier and slower than Mario
however, his faster air speed(compared to Mario) is retained
Final Smash now uses electricity instead of fire, F-Smash reverted to using electricity(edited)
Jump squat changed to the Crusade one
Walk animations changed
Hurt face changed
Super Sheet/Napkin texture changed

Credits:

StupidMarioFan1: N64 Doc model, walk animations

Theytah: Melee Pill models

Sluigi123: initial Final Smash edit, lots of advice, balancing

Puzzled: base PSA data for 9 pill color combos to be possible, Smash 4 data

PMDT and Brawl DX Team: Base PSAs, Doc default model base

KTH, ALM5252, Mariodk, Mewtwo2000, Albafika and LJSTAR: Melee Doc model and cosmetics

KTH, Mewtwo2000, BBreon: Base hurt face for Default Doc model

TheEpicMVSL2, edgerewskie, Aghanim with credit to Taiko, Codex, Mach5Mike, PMDT, Smash 3 Team: Textures for default Doc's pants, and textures for Super Sheet/Napkin

PyotrLuzhin: base build setup, pill fix

Shikamaru12: BrawlEx config setup, down b fix

Super tails srb2 fan: base Wait3 animation

RadiantThunder4: Fancy banners and previews

Link to Brawl Vault submission(now has 1.3):

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210818

Direct Cubby Download Link(now has 1.3):

https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pli/DoctorMariov1-3.rar/_2d05a7d8e279455b8785eb836d0e0af9

Video:
to be added

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Man I really wish my Wii didn't hate discs right now (I'm praying that it's only a dirty lens). All of this sounds AWESOME: Doc as a Semi clone? Take all of my HYES! :D Can't wait for the demo video too.

Awesome! iirc, @PyotrLuzhin was making a Doc PSA as well
I think Pyotr and Rage worked together on this one. :)

Rage83

Smash Ace
Man I really wish my Wii didn't hate discs right now (I'm praying that it's only a dirty lens). All of this sounds AWESOME: Doc as a Semi clone? Take all of my HYES! :D Can't wait for the demo video too.

I think Pyotr and Rage worked together on this one. :)
Cahalan Cahalan Yeah, we did a little together at least. Currently Pyotr's helping me iron out some of the issues with the released Doc.

PatziPatzPatz

Smash Cadet
I tested him. The up B is a bit buggy, especially when used from the ground. But other than that it's a great PSA. I like the down air :)

Rage83

Smash Ace
A spooky(not really) new *final* release of Doc is here! OP and Brawl vault entry are updated, of course.

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
Version 1.3 is definitely an improvement but I get freezes whenever I use his back throw against any character. For now Im using the older version.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Ayy, new update.

Version 1.3 is definitely an improvement but I get freezes whenever I use his back throw against any character. For now Im using the older version.
Yup, I have the same issue. Every character, every stage, etc. Besides that, I'm really liking how this PSA feels.

R.I.P ground pound

Rage83

Smash Ace
Ayy, new update.

Yup, I have the same issue. Every character, every stage, etc. Besides that, I'm really liking how this PSA feels.

R.I.P ground pound
About back throw, it seems that I put up the wrong FitMariodoc. As for ground pound, it'll come back if if me and Sluigi can work out a more elegant way for it to work.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
About back throw, it seems that I put up the wrong FitMariodoc. As for ground pound, it'll come back if if me and Sluigi can work out a more elegant way for it to work.
And that's a huge promise. ;)

EDIT 3/21/16 12:31 PM EST:
Along with the Back Throw Bug being removed, several things are being fixed and/or tweaked on Doc, and will be patched up, at a later date!​

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
And that's a huge promise. ;)

EDIT 3/21/16 12:31 PM EST:
Along with the Back Throw Bug being removed, several things are being fixed and/or tweaked on Doc, and will be patched up, at a later date!​
Thank you! I just got PM+BrawlEX working and Doc was the first clone I tried. It worked and I really like how he feels :D I might stick to this version because it seems well balanced, but I'll have to get used to avoid using the bthrow for now lol. Looking forward for the fix. And the ground pound would be so welcome!

Also, the shrinking taunt is genious lmao. May I suggest his down taunt from Smash 4 to replace his current side taunt? I mean, it's cool, but I think that one fits Mario better.

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
Just a question anyone can respond to if they know the answer, How do I change the landing lag of a character?

Portalfan12345

Smash Rookie
Does anybody have a fixed version of Dr. Mario regarding the back throw. (Not trying to sound rude, I'm just curious if anyone has fixed this problem, because I can't figure out how to fix it.)

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Does anybody have a fixed version of Dr. Mario regarding the back throw. (Not trying to sound rude, I'm just curious if anyone has fixed this problem, because I can't figure out how to fix it.)
I fixed it.

https://youtu.be/ksyXg3XCPUc?t=1m29s

EDIT: LMAO just noticed the username! I'll upload one here, just give me a few.

EDIT 2: FIXED.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f2l1s5vyedb1wl/DoctorMariov1_FIXED BACK THROW.7z?dl=0

This Dr. Mario is unchanged from Rage83's, unlike mine that I made edits to.

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I fixed it.

https://youtu.be/ksyXg3XCPUc?t=1m29s

EDIT: LMAO just noticed the username! I'll upload one here, just give me a few.

EDIT 2: FIXED.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f2l1s5vyedb1wl/DoctorMariov1_FIXED BACK THROW.7z?dl=0

This Dr. Mario is unchanged from Rage83's, unlike mine that I made edits to.
Omg thank you so much! Just like Portalfan, I was getting tired of having to reset my Wii everytime I forget not to do a bthrow xD

EDIT: Btw, your PMEX build is looking good! I'm the guy who told you about the CSS fix :p

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Omg thank you so much! Just like Portalfan, I was getting tired of having to reset my Wii everytime I forget not to do a bthrow xD

EDIT: Btw, your PMEX build is looking good! I'm the guy who told you about the CSS fix :p
thanks, and thanks too! I really appreciated it!

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
thanks, and thanks too! I really appreciated it!
I thank you for your appearance here and giving them a fix to the public. You have my gratitude. ;)
As for the next update, it's going to be a while, cause these changes are going to be so big that the Doc might become a pure semi-clone, along with brand new AI. ;)

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I thank you for your appearance here and giving them a fix to the public. You have my gratitude. ;)
As for the next update, it's going to be a while, cause these changes are going to be so big that the Doc might become a pure semi-clone, along with brand new AI. ;)
Hype!! Can't wait guys :D

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hype!! Can't wait guys :D
Well howdy, it's been quite a while.
So Legacy XP got unveiled today, and there's a Doctor Mario present. It's update time boys! The newest Doc update will be contained within LXP's release. Expect some sweet surprises, the PSA got two complete revamps while i've been keeping my mouth shut.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Well howdy, it's been quite a while.
So Legacy XP got unveiled today, and there's a Doctor Mario present. It's update time boys! The newest Doc update will be contained within LXP's release. Expect some sweet surprises, the PSA got two complete revamps while i've been keeping my mouth shut.
When is the release date for this? are the two Ganon mods and Retro included in the release?

Top Bottom