• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Beta | Chant in Character Select Screen & Hollow Platform on Peach's Castle HD

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Title of the bug: Chant in Character Select Screen

Version found in: 3.6: Hackless Wii ZIP (full set)

Hardware running: Wii

Loading method: Stage Builder

Details: This happened in Training mode. I exited while there was a chant happening for my character (Falco), and it continued to play out in the character select screen until it was finished.

Custom content: None

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title of the bug: Hollow Platform on Peach's Castle HD

Version found in: 3.6: Hackless Wii ZIP (full set)

Hardware running: Wii

Loading method: Stage Builder

Details: There's a long platform that moves from side to side at the bottom of Peach's Castle HD. Normally you can't drop down because it's not a hollow platform. I was recovering with Falco's Up-B and went straight through the moving platform. When aimed horizontally, I would go straight through instead of stopping at the ledge. If I'm below the platform and perform the Up-B, I would go past and land on it.

I'm not sure if that's a bug, but on Bowser's Castle I can't go through the block ledges on both sides if I'm recovering from the bottom.

Custom content: None

EDIT: Also, the camera zoom is way too close on Peach's Castle HD. I know the camera is supposed to zoom in when characters are near each other, but it's zooms in too much. It would be nice if the camera is zoomed out a little.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Details: There's a long platform that moves from side to side at the bottom of Peach's Castle HD. Normally you can't drop down because it's not a hollow platform. I was recovering with Falco's Up-B and went straight through the moving platform. When aimed horizontally, I would go straight through instead of stopping at the ledge. If I'm below the platform and perform the Up-B, I would go past and land on it.

I'm not sure if that's a bug, but on Bowser's Castle I can't go through the block ledges on both sides if I'm recovering from the bottom.
Both stages are supposed to work like this. You're not supposed to pass through the moving platform from the top, and it doesn't have a collision from the bottom (see here). Note the box "fall-through" is not ticked.
In the case of bowser's, it does have a collision from the underside which you cannot pass through (here, note the red collision indicating a ceiling).

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Both stages are supposed to work like this. You're not supposed to pass through the moving platform from the top, and it doesn't have a collision from the bottom (see here). Note the box "fall-through" is not ticked.
In the case of bowser's, it does have a collision from the underside which you cannot pass through (here, note the red collision indicating a ceiling).
So I guess it's not possible to recover straight horizontally unless you sweet spot your recovery? That's a bummer, but it's no big deal to me. Thanks for the explanation.

Narpas_sword

pretty low priority and probably not worth worrying about then i guess =)

Ive had that on the results screen a few times, it tends to cut off fairly quickly.

Top Bottom