• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.5 | Frozen Frame Fox Glitch [INTERMITTENT] + video

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
Title of the bug: Frozen Frame Glitch / Invisible Walls in Training?

Version found in: 3.5 on latest Homebrew: Full Set

Hardware you are running: USA NTSC Wii 4.3U

Loading Method: via Homebrew Channel on the SD card

Details: I explain it all in the video but if you would prefer to read, this glitch was caused in training mode. I have controllers plugged into both player 1 and 2 when it happened. I selected Fox as the first player and Sonic was already preselected as the CPU. I was just practicing Fox tech for about an hour when eventually I decided to L-cancel fast-falling Uairs repeatedly. Eventually, Fox froze in the middle of an animation. It looks like his walking animation but I'm not entirely certain. No button inputs could move Fox though the background on FD and Sonic's animations were still moving as they should. Pausing works. I put the Sonic CPU on attack and as he approached, some weird effects happened such as invisible walls being in Sonic's way (triggering a pushing animation), eventually leading to a quick and clean crash. I can not replicate the bug.

Attachments:

Custom Content: None.

Narpas_sword

i tried to reproduce it when i was looking at the other thread, but haven't been able to find a trigger as of yet.
i wonder if you were able to toggle debug, would there be anything in hitboxes / stage collisions looking strange?

Just a thought for if anyone manages to get this happen again.

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
i tried to reproduce it when i was looking at the other thread, but haven't been able to find a trigger as of yet.
i wonder if you were able to toggle debug, would there be anything in hitboxes / stage collisions looking strange?

Just a thought for if anyone manages to get this happen again.
How do you enter debug mode? Do you know how to enter the frame-checking more for 20XX as well?

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how well documented this is? Can we get all Bug Reports to be like this? Snaps for chaojimbo

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
Thank you two!

I actually took the video before knowing that there is a bug reporting section here on smash boards. I took the video because I wanted to remember all of this and show my friends.

And yes, 20XX is the melee mod.

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd share that training mode freezes on me quite often after extended play (more than an hour). It has also happened to me with various characters. Lastly, there are typically two types of freezes: the type where my character literally freezes (as described here) and the type where my character goes through weird animation glitches before the whole game crashes. As a fix, if I ever notice strange animations or the controlls feel off, I instantly back out and renter training mode.

dr.$

Smash Rookie
Same thing happened to me once lol

Also, when I used up B with fox, during the middle of it the game froze and made that sound that was blaring in your vid. This only happened twice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom