• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.5 | Falco Phantasm Bug

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
Title of the bug: Falco Phantasm Bug

Version found in: 3.5: Hackless Wii ZIP (full set)

Hardware running: Wii

Loading method: Stage builder

Details: Normally Falco freezes in the air when he uses his airborne Phantasm. However, sometimes when he runs off a platform and performs the move, he would sometimes fall straight down as the Phantasm continues.

Attachments: Normal Phantasm and bugged Phantasm

Custom content: No

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

That video just looks like an edge cancelled >b to me.
He's not completing the move under the platform, he's ending on the edge and his momentum carries him off, cancelling the end lag.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
That video just looks like an edge cancelled >b to me.
He's not completing the move under the platform, he's ending on the edge and his momentum carries him off, cancelling the end lag.
Sorry, I should've made it clearer. There's no problem with the video, but it's to show where the problem begins. I'm pretty sure if you pick Falco and keep using his airborne Phantasm like Dr. PeePee did, then you will eventually reproduce the bugged move.

I edited my original post for more clarity.

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
@ Narpas_sword Narpas_sword Hey, I found the bug while watching some Falco videos. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen, but can you confirm it just to be sure?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

I can take a look later, good work finding a better example.
It looks like it occurs when running off the edge while initiating side b.

Perhaps something to do with transitioning from starting on ground to starting in air.

edit//

so after 15 min of testing, i can only reproduce it when activating >b while running of an edge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom