• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please critique my peach

rje457

Smash Cadet
Not bad, you definitely have your good Peach moments but there is some key things to work on. I can see that you are familiar with wavedashing, and dash-dancing, but you almost never use them at all in the neutral. You generally like to just float then attack, which isn't bad but it becomes predicable very quickly especially if the opponent is very fast and elusive. Be more grounded.....(I know floating and float canceling is the coolest thing ever that's why were Peach players but using it all the time in neutral will not get past high level players).....and use wavedashing and dash-dancing in the neutral and make yourself elusive to the opponent to do something stupid and punish, also to quickly surprise and approach with float cancel aerials. Be faster jumping from the ground to quick float cancel fair, nair, or bair. Remember when you hit a float cancel aerial on an opponents shield like a float cancel fair, be sure to mix up a free grab, or jab instead of dsmash all the time. Dsmash is amazing and can shield stab but if the opponent knows you will after a float cancel aerial they just keep shielding and punish the lag after (example Fox: wavedash out of shield and up-smash or shine). So take that free grab if you time it perfectly because they are in shield stun or still shield for fear of dsmash. I like to see different Peach personalities and its cool that you like to use Peach's fsmash to mix things up but don't use it too much because in general it's not that great of move and you can easily get punished for it.

Keep up the good work CTM!

Top Bottom