• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing sluggish in tourney

Stockholm Syndrome

Koopa Hot Fiyah
Hey guys, Stockholm here from SFL. Potentially 2nd best peach in the state.

I notice that one of my biggest problems with peach specifically is that I sometimes gravitate towards playing really sluggishly when im either tired or bored or lazy etc etc.

My other characters I play dont do this, but my peach does often enough that it becomes a problem.

I dont know if you guys have a problem with this or whatever but any thoughts? IDK I just hate it lmaooo

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly new but if find when im just getting mad bodied i stop kinda trying. So what i do is i try to listen to my controller and if im not hearing enough sounds coming from it i try and make more sound. its wierd but it helps me focus on my hands and playing quicker or whatnot

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
OK these has happen to me be for.What I do is first warmup then get bodied (ik ik sounds like don't try)after being bodied and watching your opponents attack pattern put your self in a mind set to counter his pattern making it more exciting

Dewsader

Smash Rookie
I always seem to feel like I'm playing sluggishly, even in friendlies. I've sort of just found that Peach feels that way in all scenarios and I actually work WITH it rather than try to find ways to play faster, I win way more games like this. But then again I'm not very good at Peach so take this advice at your own risk. XD

Hero_of_Time

Smash Rookie
I don't think you should limit yourself to just playing Peach. I found that my fingers got a lot faster and my movement more fluid when playing Peach after coming back from playing and leaning Fox for a while.

Top Bottom