• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moderator please delete thread!

BBG

Smash Rookie
So would there be a tournament in the month of December? If that's so I would like to come.

Metà

Smash Master
doubles has always been 60/30/10, unless there are too few people, then it's 70/30

80/20 is ridiculous. 1st place getting four times what the runner up gets? no

Scimps

Smash Rookie
I'm in. This'll be my first tournament since moving to Vancouver. I'm excited to show you all my moves.

breez

Smash Ace
I'm in. This'll be my first tournament since moving to Vancouver. I'm excited to show you all my moves.

Sick life. Can't wait to play you!

doubles has always been 60/30/10, unless there are too few people, then it's 70/30

80/20 is ridiculous. 1st place getting four times what the runner up gets? no
Less than 10 teams goes to top 2.

Also $20 per team is definitely going to discourage newer players from entering.

Inb4 Ialwaysdoitthiswaysoitcanneverchange.

$20 dollars per team is fine. No need to be obnoxious about it. Grow up.

If enough people want it changed to be less skewed, that's fine. But i'm not going to make the tournament split less polarized because of passive-aggressive whining.

michael_li

Smash Ace
i thought this game was about fun.
Also $20 per team is definitely going to discourage newer players from entering.

Inb4 Ialwaysdoitthiswaysoitcanneverchange.
you're right. this game is about fun. at the end of the day it's a video game and what really matters is whether you enjoy playing it. it's not about the money, but there should be some money for incentive to go into competitive mode lol. also most players are students ... with no income, very depend on their parents just sayin

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Just speaking for myself, I'm not entering doubles because it's too expensive. $20 for transit+singles+venue is already twice what I should be spending a day (and for students as well). I don't think singles should be lower, because ****, there needs to be some money on the line, but the doubles tournament is so stacked between 1 or 2 teams that there's not much point in anybody else entering. I'm pretty sure I can do top 4 in singles, but there's no point in me entering doubles because I don't have a partner good enough to get top 2. Obviously it's not expensive, but it is for all the new people we're trying to get into the scene, and I don't think there's a lot of newbie teams who are going to want to give Ben and Eric $20 each just to get knocked out within 2 or 3 rounds of brackets. You might as well just ask them for $10 money matches.

Dr.Uppercut

Smash Rookie
Ah awesome thanks, I just found out about this recently from a friend, and just missed out on the December one.
I look forward to trying out for my first legit outting.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
NEWS

Y'all ready to get hype?

This is currently unconfirmed, but we are more than likely holding the next Play-For-Keeps monthly on Saturday, March 1st. Location will likely be the SFU maggie Benson center.

This is ABSOLUTELY going to be the biggest event Play-For-Keeps has ever held, and we're looking at a MASSIVE turnout. I can't wait for the salt and tears!

Additionally, I'll personally be adding a 10% pot-bonus to the prize pool. IF we get over 50 attendants, I'll be adding 15% to the prize pool! We'll have a professional stream setup (with equipment for 2 commentators) along with a full projector for added visual hype!

Free venue fee for all new comers, and if you're commuting a significant distance, I'll personally pay your venue fee. Please help get the word out for this event - it won't be one to miss! Ante up y0!

Top Bottom