• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I would rather not get mine hopes up, I would love to see Lucas return in Smash 4 as downloadable. He was mine favourite character to use in Brawl, besides Zelda.

If Lucas did make it as downloadable, I could see him being bundled with other clones like Wolf.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Though I would rather not get mine hopes up, I would love to see Lucas return in Smash 4 as downloadable. He was mine favourite character to use in Brawl, besides Zelda.

If Lucas did make it as downloadable, I could see him being bundled with other clones like Wolf.
Other "clones". He's not really a clone, Ness only shares SIMILAR specials, neither does he have a tether.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Other "clones". He's not really a clone, Ness only shares SIMILAR specials, neither does he have a tether.
Come on guys let's not get the "clone" argument started here, besides we all know the only true clone ever was Wolf. :troll:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Come on guys let's not get the "clone" argument started here, besides we all know the only true clone ever was Wolf. :troll:
Considering the two support groups are now in cahoots you gone got your self in a whole lot of trouble
It looks like them Duke boys are in a heap o' trouble.

Anyway sorry folks that I have been on hiatus with the support list, and it doesn't help that I can't ram it on the first post but I shall be back in gear soon enough :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Considering the two support groups are now in cahoots you gone got your self in a whole lot of trouble
It looks like them Duke boys are in a heap o' trouble.

Anyway sorry folks that I have been on hiatus with the support list, and it doesn't help that I can't ram it on the first post but I shall be back in gear soon enough :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5bu77m45kY
this is a good place to find more supporters. Though you should get in contact with the manager of this thread for the supporter list.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I have no idea where @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous has gone he's been away from here for so long.
It said he just got a new avatar last Wednesday, though he should be managing the thread, Lucas has a lot of supporters, they should be displayed on the front page of the thread, not the 10nth page where its harder to see. He became really popular because of Brawl, and many are heartbroken at his cut, even Hollander Cooper of Gamesradar, who made dumb predictions such as Marth would be cut, Lucas and Wolf are clearly the two favorites and most requested veterans for DLC. You could try linking the page of the supporter list in your signature/profile post. Also if you know of and Lucas DLC Twitter and or Facebook page, do tell so that the Wolf Twitter and Facebook page can follow/like it.
Here are the Wolf ones
If there isn't a Lucas DLC Twitter and or Facebook page created yet, do create one.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TumbrFamous is busy with university, actually.

Oh, and support. I should have posted here earlier. :lucas:

:231:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But clones aren't suppose to be easy to do? Thats why they made DP, Lucina and return of the Doc. We have Lucas moves as customs, so they have 50% of his moves done so what happened?
Making/updating models isn't as easy as it seems. All three clones in Sm4sh were already modeled as alternate costumes so it was easy to create them.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Making/updating models isn't as easy as it seems. All three clones in Sm4sh were already modeled as alternate costumes so it was easy to create them.
But Lucas has the same size and body as ness isn't? I mean yeah maybe Ness has a bigger head and Lucas has an Ace ventura/Jimmy neutron hair but is that complicated to do it then?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lucas and Wolf were semi-clones (a significant portion of their A button moves and throws were different from Ness' or Fox's), so presumably, they'd take more work than outright clones like Dark Pit and Lucina (who were more or less identical to their counterparts in terms of their attacks, but with a few stats changed).

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
While some (or all in Lucas's case) specials that Wolf and Lucas had were customs for Fox and Ness, but that doesn't take 50% of the moveset: the closest move similar would be Lucas's forward smash, and even then it is very different. It would take more time to port data from Brawl than out convert an alt into a clone and make minor alterations.

And how long has it been since my last post here?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But Lucas has the same size and body as ness isn't? I mean yeah maybe Ness has a bigger head and Lucas has an Ace ventura/Jimmy neutron hair but is that complicated to do it then?
No offense, but you really don't know much about game models do you? Characters can look a lot alike but what you're pretty much talking about is palette swaps, which aren't possible without losing the characteristics of said pallette swapped character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Remember that his tilts, smashes, aerials, grabs etc were different from Ness. And they had to add 12 custom moves made from scratch. And then they had to balance his moves with the 50+ roster. Do you think this is an easy task?

:231:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Then why he didn't came back?
Lmao, that's like saying "Then why didn't Ice Climbers come back." They obviously weren't clones either, and they were cut. Even if it was 3DS limitations, if they could've made it work, they didn't have enough time to anyways.

Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints on Brawl

He only shares SIMILAR specials guys, I think you forget, Wolf and Fox both have grabs, Ness and Lucas are even less of clones because he has a tether.

It's obvious why he didn't come back, time constraints, character priority, or just because Mother isn't a huge deal in the US.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's what worries me on the cut characters. Sakuri basically said they were never going to join smash in future games because the games they were from had no future. So for Lucas, (and possibly the Exitebiker, and Isacc) it may be now or never.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's what worries me on the cut characters. Sakuri basically said they were never going to join smash in future games because the games they were from had no future. So for Lucas, (and possibly the Exitebiker, and Isacc) it may be now or never.
Well the situation is different, Ice climbers were hard to add into the game and due to how unimportant they are in addition to that, they were given lower priority. Lucas doesn't have this issue and can be added rather easily.

Gurr

Smash Rookie

My Wife really Loves Lucas. She is so Upset that Lucas is no longer a Smash Character. She made this Comic.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Someone in the Wolf thread brought up Mother 3 in 3D.
I think it's a great idea that Mother 3 should be remaked for the Wii U and 3DS.
Similar to Tipping Stars, get an HD beautiful version of the game or get a 3D polished on the go version of the game.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think it's a great idea that Mother 3 should be remaked for the Wii U and 3DS.
Similar to Tipping Stars, get an HD beautiful version of the game or get a 3D polished on the go version of the game.
Mother 3D, Make it happen

Seriously, it makes too much sense.

Also can I just say that it should be 3DS only, I prefer having RPGs on handhelds

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Or Mother 1 revamped. Or both. Seriously, that would be amazing... Unless the sprites are scrapped. But even if that happens, it would still be awesome.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
I'll be honest, I loved Lucas when he was a new(and possibly final) comer for Brawl. He had some differences from Ness but he plays so unique. I was really sad when Lucas was unable to come back for Smash Bros 4.... Like Wolf, his removal was probably unjustified.

I really hope he comes back in a DLC or a new installment one day. He could be the slower but stronger PSI user while Ness can be the Quick and Nimble type. Only a dream. Only a dream, but Ness needs more Earthbound/MOTHER Representers like Lucas returning and Kumatora or Paula, Ninten, Lloyd, Jeff, or maybe Starman. Heck, what about Giegue? A villain like him would be swell.

A Mother 3D will make things so right. We may possibly see Young Link again now that Majora's Mask has been remade.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'll be honest, I loved Lucas when he was a new(and possibly final) comer for Brawl. He had some differences from Ness but he plays so unique. I was really sad when Lucas was unable to come back for Smash Bros 4.... Like Wolf, his removal was probably unjustified.

I really hope he comes back in a DLC or a new installment one day. He could be the slower but stronger PSI user while Ness can be the Quick and Nimble type. Only a dream. Only a dream, but Ness needs more Earthbound/MOTHER Representers like Lucas returning and Kumatora or Paula, Ninten, Lloyd, Jeff, or maybe Starman. Heck, what about Giegue? A villain like him would be swell.

A Mother 3D will make things so right. We may possibly see Young Link again now that Majora's Mask has been remade.
Was Lucas faster or slower than ness in brawl, I really can't remember

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Come on guys. You gotta believe! (Sorry guys. I saw Nexelon's profile picture and I couldn't resist) Honestly, I think characters like Young Link and Pokémon Trainer should come in ssb5 rather than DLC for ssb4 so we can have the switching gimmick re-implemented. I do wish Squirtle and Ivysaur would come as stand alone characters though.

If there is a series I would want to bring back it's the Earthbound (Mother) series. I think Mother 3 was the best game because it had the most complex plot, and a more diverse array of main characters. I would love to see what happens in a legit
Earthbound 4/Mother 4 game. (Still gonna play the fan-made one though. Hopefully.)

Megaman Megafan

Smash Rookie
Yo I am new here and just wanted to show my support for Lucas as DLC, I really suck as Ness and Lucas to be honest but hey Lucas was a cool dude so put me on a support list if you have one. I have been looking at this forum for awhile and I had an idea, what really kills the idea for stages for DLC is music, this idea sorta kills the idea of Ice Climbers as DLC as their music is already on Wrecking Crew and it would be weird for them to show up with no stage, but that is besides the point. I was reading this forum last night and I saw a user say that there are 10 unused Mother songs in the code of the game, and I thought to myself, 'what Mother song never showed up in Smash U?" That's right! Fourside! Thinking more into it 10 songs would easily be enough for a stage and Fourside would be easier to make than a new Mother stage due to the assets for Fourside already being there, so it would be glorious if at E3 2015, Lucas is announced for DLC along with the stage Fourside, welp those were the thoughts that have been bubbling in my head for about a week, glad to finally be a part of this site.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yo I am new here and just wanted to show my support for Lucas as DLC, I really suck as Ness and Lucas to be honest but hey Lucas was a cool dude so put me on a support list if you have one. I have been looking at this forum for awhile and I had an idea, what really kills the idea for stages for DLC is music, this idea sorta kills the idea of Ice Climbers as DLC as their music is already on Wrecking Crew and it would be weird for them to show up with no stage, but that is besides the point. I was reading this forum last night and I saw a user say that there are 10 unused Mother songs in the code of the game, and I thought to myself, 'what Mother song never showed up in Smash U?" That's right! Fourside! Thinking more into it 10 songs would easily be enough for a stage and Fourside would be easier to make than a new Mother stage due to the assets for Fourside already being there, so it would be glorious if at E3 2015, Lucas is announced for DLC along with the stage Fourside, welp those were the thoughts that have been bubbling in my head for about a week, glad to finally be a part of this site.
I'm hoping this is true but I've kinda lost hope til E3.

Top Bottom