• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hoping that lucas will come back too :( but i don't think (if they make a dlc), that it will contain so much characters... Look at how much time mewtwo is taking...making one character is a lot of work...
Speaking of that, I really do think they're working on other stuff too, there's no way it takes that much time to make one character and one stage

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
You know guys, I betcha if Mewtwo retains his old moveset, they might've taken files from Brawl. After all, he was cut due to time constraints.

Just something to think about.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm in a Mother 3 mood today, so I changed my avatar to show Lucas some support.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Listen guys, obviously Toilet Cow should have a spot.

After all, we all know Mother 3's Love Theme is already there as a "Leluwantdisright?" from Sakurai otherwise that would be numbah 1.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

If Lucas were to bring more songs for the Earthbound(Mother) series, which ones do you think should be added. (Personally I think there should be a medley of Rock 'n Roll, Fate, and Mr. Batty Twist. Or just a medley of Mother 3 battle themes.)
If we're only counting Mother 3 themes (note that these are ones I'd like to see, not necessarily every single one at once added):
Probably this one would be in a medley or extended like that one fan mix floating around that I can't find the non-vocal version of (if you're familiar with Edo, she sang using that version).
We technically have this already, but I prefer the DCMC version to the original Porky's Theme.
As a side note, when the Cow song was linked to earlier, I never realized how nice the songs from I believe it was a jukebox in Chapter 5 were. Especially this one.
And all of this is making me want to play Mother 3 again.

Shaymikyu

There was apparently 10 cut Mother songs found in the game, if the songs were DLC, what do you guess they would be?
Pokey Means Business as one, maybe? Seriously, how has that song not been in SSB yet? Also, Fourside's Melee song and Wisdom of the World (because of Magicant, perhaps its original alternate track before Smiles and Tears?). I could see possibly a medley of Eight Melodies/Smiles and Tears/Mother 3 Love Theme like in Mother 3's credits before ultimately choosing just the first two for Smiles and Tears.

Shaymikyu

Wasn't New Age Retro Hippie's Theme supposed to be in Brawl before something happened involving copyright? I know that Smiles and Tears was supposed to as well (and did in this game).

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
For Mother 3 songs, I would like to see;

Porky's theme

F-f-fire (would probably need to get remixed with another song because it's so short)

and Open Sesame.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just noticed something. Porky's Porkies is just a NES style remix of Porky's theme and Mr. Batty Twist.
You know who would make a cool assist trophy? Eve. (Though she may be a little to OP)
Anybody know any good songs from Earthbound and Mother 1? I can't think of many noteworthy songs from those two games that aren't in smash already. Well...I guess they could put in Bien' Friends. To me, Mother 3's soundtrack greatly surpassed the other two.

Shaymikyu

Just noticed something. Porky's Porkies is just a NES style remix of Porky's theme and Mr. Batty Twist.
You know who would make a cool assist trophy? Eve. (Though she may be a little to OP)
Anybody know any good songs from Earthbound and Mother 1? I can't think of many noteworthy songs from those two games that aren't in smash already. Well...I guess they could put in Bien' Friends. To me, Mother 3's soundtrack greatly surpassed the other two.
They've already teased EVE before, so an assist trophy could happen one day for all we know.

As for MOTHER 1 songs not in already:
Already the victory theme, but yes.
And we already have Bein' Friends.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if a DLC Pack Had this...
Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Roy
Ice Climbers
Snake
Stages:
Pokemon Stadium
Arena Ferox (Wii U)/Castle Siege (3DS)
Corneria(Wii U)/ Lylant Cruise (3DS)
Magnicant (Wii U)/Onett (3DS)
Shadow Moses Island
Summit

What would you guys see as an appropriate value? Value if you have Mewtwo? Do you think existing stages make sense for DLC for cross version stuff?
This is honestly the most perfect DLC I could ask for. Stage-wise, I wouldn't mind Big Blue and PokeFloat coming back but honestly I'd buy this so fast. Please, someone send this to Sakurai. The thirst is so real.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 how's the supporter list going, I've actually seen quite a few Lucas supporters on various websites. Even some of the authors for the articles of those websites want Lucas back too, because he grew on them. (Gamesradar Idigitaltimes)
We should see if we can get someone like Chuggaaconroy to make a video about supporting Wolf and Lucas for Smash Bros DLC.
Being able to play as the Nintendo characters you know and love in Super Smash Bros, is the vary definition of having fun, and letting creativity run wild.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 how's the supporter list going, I've actually seen quite a few Lucas supporters on various websites. Even some of the authors for the articles of those websites want Lucas back too, because he grew on them. (Gamesradar Idigitaltimes)
We should see if we can get someone like Chuggaaconroy to make a video about supporting Wolf and Lucas for Smash Bros DLC.
Being able to play as the Nintendo characters you know and love in Super Smash Bros, is the vary definition of having fun, and letting creativity run wild.
If we're getting famous people to petition for Brawl vets, maybe we could get IC and Snake in that list

I'm not okay *sad*

You know, I realized the other day that Smash is pretty generous with Mother in some ways. In total we have four stages (Onett, Fourside, New Pork, Magicant), two assists, remixed songs, a boss in Brawl. Considering how Mother is dead and has no future (no plans for future games, which I'm okay with), that's pretty impressive. Even Mother 1 got recent stuff with a stage and Flying Man. Lucas being cut was a setback, but overall I'm really happy with Mother in Smash.

Shaymikyu

Aside from my biased anger over Lucas's cut and Mother 3 being almost completely ignored this round, I agree that it's been very generously represented for a tiny series. It even got two enemies in Smash Run, one of which is from a Japanese-only installment (I remember taxis in EB, but no Devil Cars).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If we're getting famous people to petition for Brawl vets, maybe we could get IC and Snake in that list

I'm not okay *sad*

You know, I realized the other day that Smash is pretty generous with Mother in some ways. In total we have four stages (Onett, Fourside, New Pork, Magicant), two assists, remixed songs, a boss in Brawl. Considering how Mother is dead and has no future (no plans for future games, which I'm okay with), that's pretty impressive. Even Mother 1 got recent stuff with a stage and Flying Man. Lucas being cut was a setback, but overall I'm really happy with Mother in Smash.
Although those four stages were over the course of 4 games and there's only been 1 assist

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

I'm not okay *sad*

I would honestly rather just have Lucas and Ness, with 0 other representation, than just Ness and the stuff we got now. Though I would miss onett and the bein friends 8 melodies mix.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Refer to PushDustin. That's what I recall from the Data Dumps he posted.
He's still looking through the files?
And I thought the Swapnote icon hurt me badly enough, but 10 MOTHER 3 songs!?!?? Talk about a huge shame. I wonder how many of them were new remixes.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ AEMehr AEMehr Swapnote Icon? There was going to be a Swapnote stage/character?

Also. I noticed that the picture that revealed the Flying Man's intended 3D model also had the 2D model. Do you guys know why this is? Wonder if he was originally playable, but was turned into a stage hazard early on.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
@ AEMehr AEMehr Swapnote Icon? There was going to be a Swapnote stage/character?

Also. I noticed that the picture that revealed the Flying Man's intended 3D model also had the 2D model. Do you guys know why this is? Wonder if he was originally playable, but was turned into a stage hazard early on.
I think Sakurai said the 3DS couldn't handle the 3D model.

Shaymikyu

He's still looking through the files?
And I thought the Swapnote icon hurt me badly enough, but 10 MOTHER 3 songs!?!?? Talk about a huge shame. I wonder how many of them were new remixes.
I was a bit down that we got only three new Mother songs. I know it's a small series, but it would have been nice to get at least one new Mother 3 song, or Pokey/Porky Means Business.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Swapnote stage probably. My guess is that they made it Pictochat 2 after the service's spotpass (which was essentially it's main feature) was discontinued.
I know he did. I'm just curious because the picture of the 3D model in game also has the 2D model standing next to it.
Probably just a comparison image of the two variations in game.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Add me up to the supporters list. I like playing Lucas sometimes. I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the battlefield.

Shaymikyu

As stated in the Ness social, I was only mildly curious about the project at first- I've seen too many cool fan projects and games fall apart- but the trailer has me hyped. The team clearly has a grasp on what makes Mother Mother. Things in it remind me of the past games, but not to the point of feeling like it's just a patchwork of them. The new additions to the battle system also look spectacular, and the music is fantastic.

Top Bottom