• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
well it may have been locked after the full roster was shown but there defiantly was one before
I think I stumbled upon it once when I was stalking the boards, but it didn't appear to be active then or now. Should I still go through with it? If not, I could always do one for Giygas or Paula.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think I stumbled upon it once when I was stalking the boards, but it didn't appear to be active then or now. Should I still go through with it? If not, I could always do one for Giygas or Paula.
i think most of the old support threads are still locked so i think youll be alright

Quillion

Smash Hero
If/when Lucas gets in, what's going to happen to his moveset?

Every single one of his special moves were given to Ness as customs. Does this mean they'll have to give him entirely new specials?

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682

Every single one of his special moves were given to Ness as customs. Does this mean they'll have to give him entirely new specials?
Most likely. They could give Lucas Offense Up as his neutral B like PM, and change his down B to PK Counter (Yeah it's not very original...)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I hope PK Heart gets more representation. It's easily my favourite up-smash in Brawl~

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Guess they couldn't let him win that.
Can't let you win that smash bros tournament Amiibo Star Fox!:wolf:
Lol. Hope Wolf for DLC too. Not as much as Lucas, but he's more likely I think unless both were cut late in development, which then I think Wolf still has an edge, but Lucas's chances caught up. A Mother 3 worldwide release however would probably set them as equals.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Lol. Hope Wolf for DLC too. Not as much as Lucas, but he's more likely I think unless both were cut late in development, which then I think Wolf still has an edge, but Lucas's chances caught up. A Mother 3 worldwide release however would probably set them as equals.
They must both come back.

The models are too good to be only trophies, They must be playable! A Mother 3 World Wide release would skyrocket Lucas' chances.

Speculator

Smash Ace

I see no reason for him not to return with his old specials. Ness with Lucas's specials doesn't feel like Lucas, it feels like a very slightly modified Ness. Considering that Dr. Mario was given a seperate slot because Sakurai didn't think Melee vets would accept a Doc with the properties of regular Mario, I think his specials are safe.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't really care what they do with his specials, I'm more wondering about his normals. More specifically how they look, ness's look awesome. The purple effects look so good and I'd hope they'd give lucas a light blue or something, that'd look really nice

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I don't really care what they do with his specials, I'm more wondering about his normals. More specifically how they look, ness's look awesome. The purple effects look so good and I'd hope they'd give lucas a light blue or something, that'd look really nice
Just hoping that if he gets new specials that they don't completely change up his playstyle, but Sakurai never liked to do that, so...

Yeah, light blue would be nice. Light green might be an alternative, but how would that look? Probably not as good.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I need my crybaby back! I love him Trophy description also the reference of him in Ness Image where Villager refers to lucas, he, wolf and IC are gonna to be in.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I don't mind too much on his moves. As long as he feels like Lucas and is fun to play.

In other news Smash has been released in Europe today! Yet amazon decided to let me down even though I pre-ordered so I have to find a copy somewhere else...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Y'know, I've heard about the argument that Lucas could become another Roy, but in all honesty, I don't think it'll happen. Roy was arguably replaced with Ike and Lucina (I don't think that's the case, but that's as may be) and is widely agreed to be among the most unremarkable heroes in his own series; while he is a Smash veteran and a great character in his own right, I'm not sure Sakurai would be willing to bring him back, especially considering there are plenty of arguably more important and interesting Fire Emblem characters that could be chosen, and plus there's the matter of Fire Emblem having four characters in the first instant...

Regardless, Lucas is distinct in his own right: he can't easily be replaced or overshadowed, considering Mother is a much, much smaller series than Fire Emblem and there's only so much room to maneuver with regards to character choices. He's also got the added benefit of being a popular veteran with a distinct moveset that plays almost nothing like Ness - to regard him as "just another Ness clone" is to utterly disregard the sheer breadth and depth of his abilities and talents. I think he's a reasonably comfortable choice for DLC, all things considered, and I do hope we get to see him back in the fray!

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Y'know, I've heard about the argument that Lucas could become another Roy, but in all honesty, I don't think it'll happen. Roy was arguably replaced with Ike and Lucina (I don't think that's the case, but that's as may be) and is widely agreed to be among the most unremarkable heroes in his own series; while he is a Smash veteran and a great character in his own right, I'm not sure Sakurai would be willing to bring him back, especially considering there are plenty of arguably more important and interesting Fire Emblem characters that could be chosen, and plus there's the matter of Fire Emblem having four characters in the first instant...

Regardless, Lucas is distinct in his own right: he can't easily be replaced or overshadowed, considering Mother is a much, much smaller series than Fire Emblem and there's only so much room to maneuver with regards to character choices. He's also got the added benefit of being a popular veteran with a distinct moveset that plays almost nothing like Ness - to regard him as "just another Ness clone" is to utterly disregard the sheer breadth and depth of his abilities and talents. I think he's a reasonably comfortable choice for DLC, all things considered, and I do hope we get to see him back in the fray!
Pardon me for my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'another Roy?'

It would not be easy to replace Lucas, the only logical choice I can think of would be Claus/Masked Man and even then there would be more moveset potential other than Lucas's moves. His specials have different effects and his a moves are different as well. It's just that often people just say 'oh look! He's a clone because they have one special move in common!' Like the whole Lucario-Mewtwo thing, which is utter BS in my opinion.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pardon me for my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'another Roy?'
Arguments suggest that Roy is not necessary because Ike and Lucina have adopted his defining characteristics, those being fire-based abilities and a similar yet essentially distinct moveset to Marth's. Again, I don't agree that that's the case, but it is a reasonable conclusion to draw all the same. >w<

If they were going to add a new Mother character in over Lucas, I would be okay with somebody like the Masked Man or Porky, but I think Lucas is the rationally safest and most reliable option overall. ^_^

I think Lucas might have a chance considering Mewtwo was a "test" and that there aren't going to be any more. Hear me out. This is Sakurai. He's almost bipolar for all we know.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
Here's a pretty good Porky moveset I found:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/NEWCOMER-Porky-337646446

On the topic of music, whats your favorite Mother 3 track? One of my favorite's is F-f-fire!

Even if it the song is really short, I would love to see it as part of a remix in Smash.
This Smash style mix may interest you.

My favourite track is probably Hard Rain, because emotions, or maybe Forest of Flames. Or Resolve, Gum-Guy's Mix? Or all ofi t!? Mother 3 sure was great.

RadR99

Smash Rookie
Can't tell if this is a new render or not but I found through a YouTuber on a GameXplain video

Seems like a bunch of the renders including Smash 3 and the VannRose render.
(I could of put this in a fake roster too)
I actually made that, (I changed my profile picture, however) and it's a mix between Smash 3's Lucas (a Brawl hack) and Smash 4's Ness. I have proof by my WIP pictures:

and the entire picture:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Light blue is likely - I always liked to think Ness used PK Rockin' for his normals, and likewise with Lucas and PK Love.
ナリオ

Found a cool drawing you guys can use for your support on Lucas and Wolf.
Hey, don't forget Squirtle and my waifu over there. >_>

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm pretty adamant that Lucas and Wolf will both be DLC characters. I actually would be shocked otherwise. Making them is easier due to Brawl data, and they do have a support base of dedicated fans. Good Luck to all of us...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm pretty adamant that Lucas and Wolf will both be DLC characters. I actually would be shocked otherwise. Making them is easier due to Brawl data, and they do have a support base of dedicated fans. Good Luck to all of us...
I'm actually with Arcadenik SAME AVATAR DIFFERENT PERSON DAMN IT WINNY on this 'un. Lucas and Wolf are probably the easiest remaining characters to transition over and it would basically be printing money for Ninty with minimal effort attached.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I'm actually with Arcadenik on this 'un. Lucas and Wolf are probably the easiest remaining characters to transition over and it would basically be printing money for Ninty with minimal effort attached.
That's not Arcadenik, TCT~Phantom just got the same profile picture.:estatic:

And yeah, I agree that Wolf and Lucas are probably the most likely characters for DLC due to having Brawl data to port over.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That's not Arcadenik, TCT~Phantom just got the same profile picture.:estatic:

And yeah, I agree that Wolf and Lucas are probably the most likely characters for DLC due to having Brawl data to port over.
Derp. I can't remember the amount of times I've done that. >w<;;

Sorry Arcadey~ ^_^

On that note, there's always the subtle, albeit not impossible, possibility that the dev team will use this expanded timeframe to develop Lucas and Wolf further. It would at least serve as compensation for scrapping them in the first place and it's not as though they're in want of potential for moveset concepts.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Customs don't mean anything. They can't be used in some modes, and when you have characters like Dark Pit running around, they mean even less.

They're just an extra.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Derp. I can't remember the amount of times I've done that. >w<;;

Sorry Arcadey~ ^_^

On that note, there's always the subtle, albeit not impossible, possibility that the dev team will use this expanded timeframe to develop Lucas and Wolf further. It would at least serve as compensation for scrapping them in the first place and it's not as though they're in want of potential for moveset concepts.
Yes They must use the extra time to bring back Wolf and Lucas. Just solely working on Mewtwo would be a waste of time. They should be working on at least 2+ DLC characters. Wolf and Lucas are pretty easy to bring back too, Lucas already has all his specials in, Wolf has one speacial and back air. The other moves shouldn't be that hard to bring back. I'm also sure that their voice actors could easily record the lines.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Yes They must use the extra time to bring back Wolf and Lucas. Just solely working on Mewtwo would be a waste of time. They should be working on at least 2+ DLC characters. Wolf and Lucas are pretty easy to bring back too, Lucas already has all his specials in, Wolf has one speacial and back air. The other moves shouldn't be that hard to bring back. I'm also sure that their voice actors could easily record the lines.
They could just reuse Lucas's Brawl voice clips like Ike or Marth which would make re-adding Lucas slightly easier.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Both of their voice actors are in the game so it's only a matter of time and waiting.

mark welford

Smash Ace
They must both come back.

The models are too good to be only trophies, They must be playable! A Mother 3 World Wide release would skyrocket Lucas' chances.
Out of the 2 even though they both look great Lucas looks more like he could jump out of trophy form and into the roster and I prefer Wolf's Brawl design anyway.

Top Bottom