• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Honestly, I feel like Lloyd would be better Mother 1 rep. A non-psychic injected into the mix would be a nice change, I think.
I agree, though I just really like Lloyd in general. It's hard for me to see it happening, though, since SSB doesn't seem to like representing a game without it's protagonist (I'm not counting Robin and Lucina here because Robin is technically a candidate for main protagonist of FE:A).

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Yay! This thread is up again! I haven't been on since the 3ds release though I am very excited to be getting my Wii U copy in just over a week. I fully support the idea of Lucas (or any other Mother character if he can't make it back in) for DLC and if he isn't included I will be pretty upset. :D

EDIT: This post was my 100th!:awesome:
I am so glad it was on one of my favourite threads! :ness:

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Masked Man isn't really necessary in the equation for Mother series representation. Although he's important to Mother 3 his appearances are rather sporadic, and I don't think he's as much a face of the game as Porky or the protagonists.

I think Ness as the protagonist of Earthbound, Lucas as the protagonist of Mother 3, and a Mother 1 stage (and maybe a Ninten alt for Ness) would cover all the bases perfectly. It is a small franchise, and while I love Mother the last thing I'd want is to see it obscenely overrepresented like Kid Icarus.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
More representation is a good thing though. :C
I don't really care if Porky is the recognizable character out of all Mother characters, Masked Man overall has the more interesting moveset potential.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Porky has plenty of moveset potential! If you need proof, look up Porky's appearance in Smash Bros. Crusade, a very neat fan game.

Besides, we've got Mega Man, a guy with an arm cannon already... :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I don't think Sakurai will find the mech idea plausible for a character, it's suited well for a boss.
As much as I would dislike to support Porky, I will digress that Sakurai did use Bowser Jr. But I would rather just have Lucas back or have Paula or Ninten. I do not support Masked Man either, and think he is as overrated as Shadow the Hedgehog, but he is a popular character in the Mother fan base I think and has moveset potential for a hybrid of many characters. I wouldn't be vocal if they were included, but I just wouldn't buy them if I could. If they were free, especially since I'm getting both versions...

Shaymikyu

Masked Man isn't really necessary in the equation for Mother series representation. Although he's important to Mother 3 his appearances are rather sporadic, and I don't think he's as much a face of the game as Porky or the protagonists.

I think Ness as the protagonist of Earthbound, Lucas as the protagonist of Mother 3, and a Mother 1 stage (and maybe a Ninten alt for Ness) would cover all the bases perfectly. It is a small franchise, and while I love Mother the last thing I'd want is to see it obscenely overrepresented like Kid Icarus.
Even though I prefer Masked Man, I agree that Porky is the better option in terms of representation. Plus, his mech opens up all sorts of neat possibilities.

I agree that two is plenty, though. Mother is a tiny, still relatively obscure series.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I definitely don't think Mother will be getting a third rep anytime soon, but IF it did get one, I would like to see the Masked Man. He's got a lot of potential for a unique moveset that would be completely different from Ness and Lucas.

Shaymikyu

Everyone's saying Masked Man and Porky, and I'm like
anyone?
Poo would be neat, but there's a good chance that he'd just be a Ness clone. Plus, Porky is more important to Mother as a whole. Even M1 Giygas would be cool, actually.

Shaymikyu

A Ness clone? Just like how Rosalina is a clone of Peach? Or how Lucas is a clone of Ness? Think about it :smirk:
I guess I was looking at it cynically. He could easily be more of a Lucas (as in compared to Ness, not a clone of Lucas). Then again, Lucina could easily have been more different from Marth.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you guys seen the Ridley article recently, the mech idea just became even less than a possibility, the only way I can see Porky playable is by having him on his own two feet.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Honestly, fun as it is to speculate, I find a third Mother rep in the first place incredibly unlikely. Two is more than enough anyway.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Everyone's saying Masked Man and Porky, and I'm like
anyone?
I would prefer Lucas, Ninten, and/or Paula get in before him, but Poo would make a fine addition. PSI plus martial arts/sword/both? Awesome.

My stance has already been made clear with Masked Man and Porky (I think).

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
If you guys seen the Ridley article recently, the mech idea just became even less than a possibility, the only way I can see Porky playable is by having him on his own two feet.
Porky didn't put up stairs in the Empire Porky Building because they "mocked him". The idea of Porky actually putting physical effort into anything is utterly contrary to his character.
Plus, his Mother 3 mech is a perfectly reasonable size compared to the Mother characters - they scaled it up for Brawl. I'm not convinced that article is legit either.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I still think the EB mech would be a better option. It's not too much larger than Bowser Jr's Clown Car. They can still incorporate things like Porky Bots into his moveset and give him a palette that looks like his Mother 3 self.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Listen - as long as he says "spankety, spankety, spankety" for one of his taunts, I don't care what they put him in.

Shaymikyu

Listen - as long as he says "spankety, spankety, spankety" for one of his taunts, I don't care what they put him in.
But this is a necessity!

Great, now I kind of want to think of a Porky moveset. I'm not good at coming up with the smashes or a balanced moveset, though. His final smash could be summoning Giygas.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I prefer his final smash to be turning into a Pig King Statue.
Also, one of his smash attacks needs to be What Did Porky Do?! - have him toss out little cheese slices (in the same sense that Master Hand now makes cheese slices).

Shaymikyu

I prefer his final smash to be turning into a Pig King Statue.
Also, one of his smash attacks needs to be What Did Porky Do?! - have him toss out little cheese slices (in the same sense that Master Hand now makes cheese slices).
And he could get a unique victory theme! Instead of the normal one, they could do something like this:
Specifically, 0:44-0:51.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Unfounded Revenge. I'm gonna be mad if it somehow doesn't make the cut. After that, Porky's Porkies.

In terms of Mother music I want in, I really want a medley of Dangerous Foe from Mother and Sanctuary Guardian from Earthbound.

Shaymikyu

Unfounded Revenge. I'm gonna be mad if it somehow doesn't make the cut. After that, Porky's Porkies.

In terms of Mother music I want in, I really want a medley of Dangerous Foe from Mother and Sanctuary Guardian from Earthbound.
Unfounded Revenges NEEDS to be on a CD/hidden Mother stage for sure.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure I've seen a video with Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise playing on Onett.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I'm honestly thinking of making a Ninten (character or alt) support thread. I'm completely serious. But I am hesitating for a few reasons: 1) Not sure how well-received it's going to be. 2) Never created a thread like this ever. I'm very nervous about this. 3) I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it. And 4) Can't come up with a title. Do you think I should go ahead? Don't get me wrong, I'll support Lucas, but I think Ninten is the most likely character who doesn't have a support thread yet.

Edit: I MAY have come up with a name: 4th-D Slip Master: Ninten for DLC. What do you think?

Edit 2: I'll be going to bed shortly. It will be a while before I am to make the thread if I decide to, or reply to any comments.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm honestly thinking of making a Ninten (character or alt) support thread. I'm completely serious. But I am hesitating for a few reasons: 1) Not sure how well-received it's going to be. 2) Never created a thread like this ever. I'm very nervous about this. 3) I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it. And 4) Can't come up with a title. Do you think I should go ahead? Don't get me wrong, I'll support Lucas, but I think Ninten is the most likely character who doesn't have a support thread yet.

Edit: I MAY have come up with a name: 4th-D Slip Master: Ninten for DLC. What do you think?

Edit 2: I'll be going to bed shortly. It will be a while before I am to make the thread if I decide to, or reply to any comments.
ninten has a support thread

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823

If your up for it, go right ahead. I'll definitely give my support for him.

Top Bottom