• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was banking on Dark Pit for a little while, but it's looking like boss to me.

He was teased in a similar fashion to Yellow Devil. We didn't see him in game, however crashing Palutena's party does sound like he comes to Palutena's Temple to attack the fighters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It could be any of the many bosses of Uprising. This, of course, includes Dark Pit.

It would be a shame if Dark Pit ends up being a boss, since Dark Pit is perfect alt. costume material.

Also, the "crashing Palutena's party" line stems from liberties taken with the English dub. On the Japanese trailer, Palutena asks Dark Pit if "he has returned", to which Dark Pit responds ambiguously. This could mean anything. It doesn't help to clarify things that this wasn't game footage, unlike the Yellow Devil tease that clearly showed him spawning on the stage like how he did in the original game before the boss battle.

Other boss choices for Palutena's Temple could be:
- Medusa: She was the one who imprisoned Palutena in her temple on the original Kid Icarus game. Since it's a Wii U stage, it could be more inspired on the original game.
- Chaos Kin: A throwback to Uprising. Palutena is fought on her temple, possessed by the Chaos Kin. This is alluded in the trailer as well. The specific area where this battle occurs is included on the stage as well as being the basis for the Final Destination version.
- Twinbellows: The coliseum on the background greatly resembles the one where this boss is fought in Uprising. Who says he can't pop from that place to the stage like the Yellow Devil?

Or... the boss HP parameter could be a parameter common to all stages and only used for stages that have bosses. This, assuming all stages are programmed similarly. It could also be a gameplay parameter independent of the stage, like the players' percentages.

In the end, this debug parameter could mean anything. We don't know the game's coding structure enough to draw any conclusion.

D

Deleted member

All we literally know is that there is data for a boss' HP on Palutena's Temple.

Is it Dark Pit? Could be, but we don't know yet.
It would make sense if it was, though, considering the locale that Pit and Link were fighting in, where Palutena "Alighted", and where Dark Pit "crashed the party" was Palutena's Temple.
He's also a smaller target that can achieve endless flight. Much more suitable on a large, complex stage such as Palutena's Temple than a large, stationary boss like Medusa or Hades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It could be any of the many bosses of Uprising. This, of course, includes Dark Pit.

It would be a shame if Dark Pit ends up being a boss, since Dark Pit is perfect alt. costume material.

Also, the "crashing Palutena's party" line stems from liberties taken with the English dub. On the Japanese trailer, Palutena asks Dark Pit if "he has returned", to which Dark Pit responds ambiguously. This could mean anything. It doesn't help to clarify things that this wasn't game footage, unlike the Yellow Devil tease that clearly showed him spawning on the stage like how he did in the original game before the boss battle.

Other boss choices for Palutena's Temple could be:
- Medusa: She was the one who imprisoned Palutena in her temple on the original Kid Icarus game. Since it's a Wii U stage, it could be more inspired on the original game.
- Chaos Kin: A throwback to Uprising. Palutena is fought on her temple, possessed by the Chaos Kin. This is alluded in the trailer as well. The specific area where this battle occurs is included on the stage as well as being the basis for the Final Destination version.
- Twinbellows: The coliseum on the background greatly resembles the one where this boss is fought in Uprising. Who says he can't pop from that place to the stage like the Yellow Devil?

Or... the boss HP parameter could be a parameter common to all stages and only used for stages that have bosses. This, assuming all stages are programmed similarly. It could also be a gameplay parameter independent of the stage, like the players' percentages.

In the end, this debug parameter could mean anything. We don't know the game's coding structure enough to draw any conclusion.
This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Anyhow, if Dark Pit is a stage boss, I could really see Palutena's Temple being a lot like the Spirit Tracks stage. By default, Dark Pit could appear as a stage boss and attack players--but, if someone is already playing as Dark Pit, the stage boss will instead be one of those Shadow Pit entities from the Chaos Vortex.

That being said, however, assuming there is a stage boss, mine bet is on Medusa, since she is the main antagonist in the original Kid Icarus, and throughout the beginning portion of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Wouldn't it be funny if the stage boss was a Tempura Wizard? [Shrugs] Although, that enemy is probably more likely to be in Smash Run.

D

Deleted member

Who's the main antagonist of the Mega Man franchise? Dr. Wily.
Who's the "owner" of the stage used for Mega Man? Dr. Wily.

Who's the boss on Wily Castle? Yellow Devil.
Yellow Devil rarely makes an appearance in the Mega Man games, and has never been encountered on Wily Castle, let alone the MM2 version. (Though Yellow Devil MK II appears in Wily Castle in MM3)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it.

Could the remaining HP actually confirm no boss?

I mean, the desrtuctible bridge has its own HP stat.

But if there was a boss, wouldn't there be text to differentiate the two?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Come to think of it.

Good point on it possibly being the HP of destructible objects. The stage does have a breakable bridge. I didn't think about it.

Dark Bridge confirmed.
Dark Bridge over a Dark Pit. :troll:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think Darkpit will be playable because...

- Dark angels are famous too ( and maybe enough supporters prefer Darkpit )
- Darkpit was ever playable as a costume in Brawl
- In the stages there will be only unplayable characters like Ridley in the Metroid stage or Yellow Devil in Dr. Willys Castle. But Darkpit was playable in Kid Icarus Uprising
- Like Frostwraith said it would be a shame if Darkpit will not be playable. I think Sakurai knows that. ^^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Come to think of it.

Do destructible environments have HP values?

No seriously, I'm asking. I don't know.

D

Deleted member

They have to, don't they?

I mean, it's not the number of hits that do them in.
No, but I don't think they have their own HP value.
I'd look through stage debug data for Melee if I could for cases like Brinstar's.....things.

Unfortunately, I can't really check internal data for either game as I'm inexperienced in that department.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
After thinking about it some more, I really wouldn't mind if Dark Pit were a clone character of sorts. It would probably make a lot of sense.

Although I do think that some people take it a little far. He's far from a shoe in imo.

Morbi

Scavenger
While later developments show it doesn't mention a boss's HP specifically, we see that Palutena's Temple has debug data for HP of something.

(Top left corner)
Interesting, I was also curious as to how we knew this. It is for the stage itself beyond a reasonable doubt, correct? It could not possibly be Samus' HP? Or does "HP" stand for the traditional RPG usage of the word for certain? It seems as though it could mean anything to be honest. Not that I would be surprised to see a stage-boss on this stage.

D

Deleted member

Interesting, I was also curious as to how we knew this. It is for the stage itself beyond a reasonable doubt, correct? It could not possibly be Samus' HP? Or does "HP" stand for the traditional RPG usage of the word for certain? It seems as though it could mean anything to be honest. Not that I would be surprised to see a stage-boss on this stage.
It apparently translates to "remaining HP".
Unless it applies to Stamina Mode, it would have to be for something on the stage.
And if it was Stamina Mode, why is only one health level being documented?

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of hope for Dark Pitt as a character, and I honestly see them as a 'post release' clone. I don't expect to see them until after the game's announced, but I also can't see such a small character as a stage boss for such a huge level.

D

Deleted member

A small boss on a large, complex level? Makes sense.

A large boss on a small, simple level? Makes sense.

A large boss on a large, complex level? Doesn't make sense.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It would be cool if Dark Pit was a legit secret character. Like in the old days, where you had to input a certain pattern to play him. Like Dan Hibiki in SFA. Of course, I'd prefer a full character. But this would be a fun throwback.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It would be cool if Dark Pit was a legit secret character. Like in the old days, where you had to input a certain pattern to play him. Like Dan Hibiki in SFA. Of course, I'd prefer a full character. But this would be a fun throwback.
That would be amazing.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
Most people have suspected that debug note to reference the hp of the destructible objects, which would be understandable since it appears to always be present. Considering the screenshot is from debug mode play, it's more than likely that a hazard like a stage boss would be off for capturing footage without disruption. I'm not an expert or anything, but it's just a hunch.

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
Personally I'd prefer him as a reskin. After all, they are technically the same person with the same physical and magical strength and abilities. But that's just my opinion.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I know he said he wouldn't, but even reading speculation about dark pit as a stage boss just makes me wish the next project for Sakurai was Uprising 2.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's always very stingy for to hear the same argument that Pittoo can't be playable because he looks identical to Pit.
There's literally various solutions to solve such as giving him a different weapon and pose, but people don't seem to listen at all.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
It's always very stingy for to hear the same argument that Pittoo can't be playable because he looks identical to Pit.
There's literally various solutions to solve such as giving him a different weapon and pose, but people don't seem to listen at all.
Maybe Sakurai will give him rocket boots.

D

Deleted member

At the very least, we know that if he's his own character, he's not using the Daybreak as his FS...

D

Deleted member

Assuming you're talking about Pandora's actual abilities (which Pittoo wasn't capable of), they don't exactly translate to "copy Three Sacred Treasures".

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hiya people! I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising, shame on me it looks great, but I feel so confident that Dark Pit is here and these are the only two images needed to convince me:

Dark Pit's appearance at the end of Palutena's trailer, and confirmation of clone characters pretty much.
I for one am pretty excited cause I learned that I really don't mind clones at all as long as they're different characters: For example, Fox and Falco, or Marth and Lucina...and Roy. But! I do kinda think it's lame when clone characters are literally the same character: Dr. Mario and Mario.
But as far as I know, Dark Pit is completely different from Pit in personality, goals, and one-liners. So I'm pretty thrilled to expand the roster quickly and easily through cloning like this! The more personality added to the smash family, the better!
I hear he uses different weapons and stuff though, so I could see him just being a semi-clone like Wolf. Or even more different, really.
Also his ominous appearance in Palutena's artwork only suggests to me that he's a secret character who must be unlocked. It would kinda be...I guess repetetive to have more than one trailer for newcomers of the same franchise, seeing as Robin and Lucina shared one, SO I'm just thinking that if Dark Pit wasn't secret he would have been confirmed along with Palutena in her trailer. Which...to me it almost seems he was.
You could have had a splashmark(is that what it's called?) for Dark Pit at the end of that trailer if you ask me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh dear lord, I had a maybe good, maybe dreadful thought.
Dark Pit having Pit's old Side Special from Brawl....

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hiya people! I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising, shame on me it looks great, but I feel so confident that Dark Pit is here and these are the only two images needed to convince me:

Dark Pit's appearance at the end of Palutena's trailer, and confirmation of clone characters pretty much.
I for one am pretty excited cause I learned that I really don't mind clones at all as long as they're different characters: For example, Fox and Falco, or Marth and Lucina...and Roy. But! I do kinda think it's lame when clone characters are literally the same character: Dr. Mario and Mario.
But as far as I know, Dark Pit is completely different from Pit in personality, goals, and one-liners. So I'm pretty thrilled to expand the roster quickly and easily through cloning like this! The more personality added to the smash family, the better!
I hear he uses different weapons and stuff though, so I could see him just being a semi-clone like Wolf. Or even more different, really.
Also his ominous appearance in Palutena's artwork only suggests to me that he's a secret character who must be unlocked. It would kinda be...I guess repetetive to have more than one trailer for newcomers of the same franchise, seeing as Robin and Lucina shared one, SO I'm just thinking that if Dark Pit wasn't secret he would have been confirmed along with Palutena in her trailer. Which...to me it almost seems he was.
You could have had a splashmark(is that what it's called?) for Dark Pit at the end of that trailer if you ask me.

I don't know if you know that but Pit can fly again with power of flight after being attacked. ^^ I think Pit is much much much better in SSB4 than in Brawl.

In my opinion the was good. And I still like angel ring. ^^ Unfortunetly its a bad attack.

But the upperdash arm is much better. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom