• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking a secondary as an Ice Climbers Main.

Ale-8-1

Smash Rookie
Who is a good character to pick up as a secondary?

A little background information:
I absolutely love playing as the Ice Climbers. They're one of the most fun video game characters I've ever played in my life. However, I find that in local tournament I get to around losers semifinals, and by this point I am extremely annoyed with Nana. You know the jumping into missiles, Going into teeter animation when I attempt an up-b, etc.
Another thing to note is that as this is my main hobby, I have plenty of time to practice, with 3-4 hours a day to play video games to learn this secondary, and ICs better.
My Current considerations:
Playing a couple hours of each character outside of ICs, Peach feels the best, with Luigi at a close second. Fox/falco/Cap'n do not feel right (they might be too fast?) , so that leaves me with Peach, Puff, Marth, Sheik, and Samus from the top 8.​
Further questions:
Is picking up Peach worth it to learn how the character functions and what to do in the ICs Peach matchup?

RyseEX

Smash Cadet
Or just get good with ice climbers so that you don't need a secondary

RyseEX

Smash Cadet
All matchups are winnable just need to put grind in to do well in them

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Only time I ever see someone use a secondary is when they face a Peach, I personally don't think you need a secondary with ICs, but if you want one I would say Peach or Fox are your best options. Sounds like you just need to get more comfortable and more knowledgeable about how Nana works.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Get a really good puff to deal with peach. That way you can force the peachplayer to switch character and have the counterpicking meta in your favour.

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
i don't really play marth, like at all, but i do better with him vs peach than i do with icies. i don't really get the MU, and i can just spam fair as marth and it works plenty. i think picking up someone like marth/jiggs is a good idea for peach.

Top Bottom