• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking a dual main.

docileQuestioner

Smash Rookie
I main Peach (obviously) but I'm looking for a second character to main. I've narrowed it down to Marth and Shiek. But I can't decide which to choose, because both are really fun to play. So which character do you think I would benefit more from dual maining?

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
From personal experience, sheik seems much more suitable to the play style that I have with peach. She has a projectile that isn't necessarily a huge part of her game play, but still can be used strategically. I'm sure with peach, you know how to use your projectiles. Considering peach has a bad match up with Jiggs, I like to use sheik against a Jiggs. Not sure why, but hopefully others can weigh into this

MacAnLuin

Smash Rookie
Whichever you do better against Puff with, maybe? Since that'll be the one MU you'll have to switch off Peach. I had the same question myself and I ended up picking Sheik. Sheik also does better than Marth in the Falcon matchup (correct me if wrong) and that's another MU that Peach could easily struggle in.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
If you've boiled it down to Marth or Sheik, I would go with Sheik. However, I would consider picking up Fox. Fox is a great secondary for pretty much everybody (especially Peach).

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
I dual main Falcon and Peach.
They both cover eachother's weak matchups, at least in PAL.
Fox remains hard no matter what, unless you main Fox.
Whould you mind elaborating on how they cover eachother's weak matchups?

Zalezus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zal3zus
Melee Peach main and former Sheik main/secondary here

Sheik's nice, but I started to have diminishing returns. I picked up Fox a while back and the technical demands of him sort of bled over (i.e. crisper FC aerials OOS, movement, etc.) It always helps to remember that Armada, save for a short stint of Y. Link vs Jiggs, ran train over majors using Peach alone for a while. She has a high ceiling, so be careful that Sheik doesn't just become a cure-all for matchups you don't enjoy. I started to use Peach against Jiggs (after ironically picking up Fox for the matchup) and found it more natural to make up the deficit of the match up with my own aptitude.

It'll make you a better player overall.

Top Bottom