• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: The WRIGHT attorney for all your smashing needs!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey, maybe now we have 2 Capcom characters it could be possible.

Same with Amaterasu.

(both aren't all THAT likely though to be honest, but this is all in theroy.)

TheOneWithoutAFairy

Smash Rookie
NNID
CCP_07
3DS FC
0259-0672-3897
Just a heads up before I start, I wouldn't consider myself a Phoenix Wright expert so his moves may not be as close to the games. I made the moveset because I received a request from someone and I just thought it would be nice to share.

Entrance: Phoenix starts sitting on stage behind a desk. He sits up, walks around it and it disappears.

AAA: Phoenix performs two straight punches and then an uppercut.

Dash A: Phoenix steps forward, drops his papers an leans over to hurriedly pick them up.

Tilts:
Up: Phoenix kicks into the air.
Straight: Phoenix rams his shoulder to his side.
Down: Phoenix sweeps the ground with his leg.

Smashes:
Up: Phoenix pulls his leg behind him and swings it forward.
Down: Phoenix raises his leg and slams it into the ground.
Side: Phoenix pulls his arm back and slams his elbows into his opponents.

Ariels:
A: Phoenix kicks the area in front of him.
Up: Phoenix tilts his head back and slams it forwards sneezing.
Front: Phoenix strikes the area in front of him with his knee.
Back: Phoenix strikes the area behind him with his elbow.
Down: Phoenix enters a crouching position and pushes his legs downwards.

Grabs: Phoenix extends his arm and grabs his foes.
A: Phoenix raises his knee into the stomach of his foe.
Up: Phoenix uppercuts his opponents jaw.
Down: Phoenix grabs his opponents legs and slams them into the ground.
Forward: Phoenix kicks his opponents away using his foot.
Back: Phoenix grabs his opponents legs and flips them over his shoulder.

Recovery Attacks:
Ground: Phoenix will spin with his arms extending outwards.
Edge: Phoenix flips over the edge and lands on his back. He then quickly stands up.

Taunts:
Up: Phoenix places his hand on his chin as in thought and then gasps as if an idea came to mind.
Side: Phoenix flips through his papers and says "It's obvious they're guilty."
Down: Phoenix straightens his tie.

Specials:
Neutral Special: Objection!

Phoenix will shout "Objection!" stunning nearby opponents. A speech bubble with the word in it will also appear and fall on the ground hurting anyone it touches.
Side Special: Evidence
Phoenix throws an assortment of random items forward, ranging from flashlights to books to teady-bears. The item chosen is random and each item will deal more or less damage.
Down Special: Rebuttal
Phoenix places his hand on his chin and returns any attacks given. The move functions exactly like a counter.
Up Special: Witness
Phoenix will summon a random person underneath him who will then throw him into the air before disappearing. As he rises he will perform and uppercut.
Final Smash: Turnabout Trial
Phoenix shouts out "Objection!" forming a massive speech bubble with the word written inside. It will then fall to the ground capturing anyone hit by it. He will then continue to exclaim "Take that!" as more speech bubbles form and land on the captured opponents.

Victory Animations:
1) Phoenix flips through some papers before pointing outwards and shouting triumphantly.
2) Phoenix spins around and exclaims "Cased closed!"
3) Phoenix takes a sip from a mug off coffee before giving a smirk to the camera.

Defeat Animation: Phoenix faces forward, folds his arms and shakes his head.

Announcement Catchphrase:
Phoenix Wright closes the case!

Let he know if there is anyone else you what me to try or how I can improve, thanks!

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. A little off topic, but
Just picked up the first Ace Attorney game on a whim. I was reading through an old Gameinformer, and I saw that Phoenix Wright made a I think top 50 characters in video games or something. I'll go get the real title if anyone's interested, because I'm probably wrong about that. x]
Anyway considering I've played pretty much every game that had a character on that list in it, except for a couple besides Ace Attorney. I grabbed a copy of the first. I was also interested in it, because I'm a huge fan of a lot of Capcom IP's/games.
I just beat the second case, and I have to say, I'm totally floored. This game is amazing! I never thought nailing people with accusations and spotting discrepancies in their testimonies could give me the same adrenaline rush I used to get by playing Dark Souls and the like. I don't even know why this game makes me so hype. It's just freaking amazing. Maybe it's the great music.

Dunno about him being in Smash, even though he made a pretty nice debut in MVC. (Never mind that he was just about the worst character in the game) I just can't figure out a moveset for him. I generally only support characters based on how unique I think their movesets would be (the exception being wolf), and no matter how I slice it in my mind I can't figure out anything good for him.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey guys. A little off topic, but
Just picked up the first Ace Attorney game on a whim. I was reading through an old Gameinformer, and I saw that Phoenix Wright made a I think top 50 characters in video games or something. I'll go get the real title if anyone's interested, because I'm probably wrong about that. x]
Anyway considering I've played pretty much every game that had a character on that list in it, except for a couple besides Ace Attorney. I grabbed a copy of the first. I was also interested in it, because I'm a huge fan of a lot of Capcom IP's/games.
I just beat the second case, and I have to say, I'm totally floored. This game is amazing! I never thought nailing people with accusations and spotting discrepancies in their testimonies could give me the same adrenaline rush I used to get by playing Dark Souls and the like. I don't even know why this game makes me so hype. It's just freaking amazing. Maybe it's the great music.

Dunno about him being in Smash, even though he made a pretty nice debut in MVC. (Never mind that he was just about the worst character in the game) I just can't figure out a moveset for him. I generally only support characters based on how unique I think their movesets would be (the exception being wolf), and no matter how I slice it in my mind I can't figure out anything good for him.
you thinking a good moveset doesn't matter that much. that's the smash devteam's job!

Whats with the title? Is it implying Capcom is for sale or am i missing something?

Also ive only played the first game but it was great and i need to play more. He would be an extremely unlikely but fun new character

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Whats with the title? Is it implying Capcom is for sale or am i missing something?
The title's outdated. It's referring to the announcement last year that Capcom would no longer block takeover attempts. At the time, the internet was going mad with speculation over potential buyers, despite the fact that the announcement wasn't actually "Capcom is for sale" (and no such takeover has happened yet).
Technically, Nintendo taking over Capcom would increase Phoenix's chances of appearing in Smash, since he'd then be first-party instead of third, hence its relevance here.

Last edited:

delcamex

Smash Rookie
When I saw Mega Man was coming to smash, I was happy, but I thought to myself "There's no way other capcom character will make it".. then Ryu appeared, and now I think there's absoutely no way for another Capcom character to make it!

Still, as a big fan of AA games, I'd love him in smash, and it's kinda hard to imagine a good moveset without thinking that you could just rip everything from UMVC3.

b could be used for paperwork or throwing evidence, since the special button in umvc3 makes him sneeze and after that you always usually jump, that'd be and interesting up b. Up, forward and down air could be objection, the same way it's used in UMVC3 in OP mode (don't remember de actual name lol). Dash a could be him tripping.

As I said, everything is already done in umvc3, they don't even need to struggle that much with movesets.

You know what would be funny? If down b was a counter lol, I mean, Phoenix would be a joke character like in UMVC3, and with a counter it would be the funniest thing... then again I think we already have so much counter characters.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
you thinking a good moveset doesn't matter that much. that's the smash devteam's job!
Fair enough, fair enough. I still really only like supporting characters who would bring a ton to the table in terms of playstyle and movesets, but I have to admit that using attacks to build up Evidence and then unleashing it all on a fighter would be pretty interesting. Maybe a little gimmicky, though. D,x If he were to make it in, I'd love for him to be mid to high tier, I feel like all DLC should have a place in competitive.

Heck, even if he was low tier, I'd still play him.

D

Deleted member

Hey! A Phoenix Wright support thread! Count me in!

Recently, I have played the original trilogy and I am going through Duel Destinies. I really love the trilogy and the characters that are in them, especially Phoenix. In fact, I bought UMvC3 just to play as him and he didn't disappoint... he's my best character to be honest.

Anyways, I made a moveset for him and a lot of it is inspired by UMvC3, but it has a few nods in there.
Speed: Phoenix is faster than some characters like Ganondorf and Robin. So, he is pretty slow.
Air Speed: Phoenix will have amazing air speed. Something near Wario's air speed.
The reasoning for the ground speed is that trials take a while to do and complete and we don't see Phoenix run a lot. His great air mobility mainly comes from the speed lines from the series where you quickly turn things around.
Weight: Mostly medium weight, but on the lighter side.

Neutral Combo: First he brings out some paper with his right hand, then he hits again with his left hand in confusion, and the last hit is a lightbulb. It's basically something like Medium -> Heavy -> Heavy in Trial Mode
Forward Tilt: Paperwork: He does the down, down right, and right Paperwork variation. The papers are oddly projectiles that you can reflect, but Ness can't absorb them.
Forward Smash: Phoenix points his finger at his opponent.
Down Tilt: Phoenix rubs the ground. It's a multi hit move that he has and the hits are fairly weak. It's his crouching Light attack in UMvC3.
Down Smash: Phoenix lets out a heavy sneeze. It causes a lot of knockback... I guess you want to get away from the germs as soon as possible!
Up Tilt: Paperwork: He does the down, down left, and left Paperwork variation. What's different is that instead of the paper being in front of him, all of it is above him. Like his forward tilt, the papers are projectiles that can be reflected, but not absorbed.
Up Smash: He takes out the metal detector to make sure it works and Phoenix holds the handle while checking it. It's vertically straight and has the same length as Shulk's up smash.
Dash Attack: Press the Witness: It's much like Luigi's dash attack in that it's a multi hit move where the final hit is the strongest one.

Neutral Air: Phoenix crouches and looks at a paper. It's his aerial Light attack in UMvC3.
Forward Air: Just a Bit More...!: Phoenix takes a document and shoves it in the opponents face.
Down Air: Phoenix takes out Gumshoe's Radio Transceiver. The attack creates some projectiles that goes three bars beneath Phoenix, like Pac-Man's grab. The attack has little endlag and it can meteor, but the projectile can be reflected.
Back Air: Phoenix accidentally sprays Luminol behind him. It's a multi hit move that causes weak knockback. Mostly used for combos.
Up Air: Phoenix creates an arc of papers much like his tilts, but this arc is similar to Peach's new up air. Alternatively, his up air could be his Heavy air attack while in Investigation Mode, where he shakes his head in confusion.

Pummel and Grab: Phoenix grabs the opponent with the Magatama. Every pummel causes a Psyche-Lock to break.
Forward Throw: A giant Psyche-Lock breaks and sends the opponent forward.
Down Throw: Phoenix brings the opponent downwards and rubs fingerprint powder over his opponent. This sends them upwards where Phoenix can combo.
Back Throw: Missile comes out of nowhere viciously and attacks the opponent.
Up Throw: Phoenix tries to question them, but he accidentally trips and sends them upwards.

Uniqueness: Phoenix will have a mechanic where you collect a piece of evidence and you can submit the evidence. Each piece of evidence is different and sends out a different projectile. For example, a cell phone could create three projectiles that home in on the opponent while a photo could be like Luigi's Fireball. His side special will change into something different as time passes. If 30 seconds pass with evidence in hand, you will get a much more powerful attack and enter a mode called Turnabout Mode. However, if you use evidence and it hits the opponent (without it being Pocketed or reflected), the timer will decrease by 2 seconds as the evidence will become more relevant. With this system, you are trying or waiting for the perfect opportunity to make the evidence relevant to the case and turn things around. If you throw away evidence, the timer resets to 30 seconds. Do you want to have a good projectile to match your situation or do you want to get into Turnabout Mode? That is up to you.
Specials:
Down Special: Collect Evidence: Phoenix will pick up a random piece of evidence that has a different projectile to it. It must be done on the ground. If you press down special again, Phoenix will throw away that piece of evidence. Also, no bad evidence is involved.
Neutral Special: Submit the Evidence: If you have nothing, Phoenix will be confused. If you have something, Phoenix will submit the evidence and a projectile comes out of it (don't question why!!!). If it lands, there will be less time for you to get into Turnabout Mode.
Up Special: Steel Samurai Balloon: I had difficulty with this one the most. I was thinking of Phoenix using a giant Steel Samurai balloon that he can use to float, but it isn't as versatile as Villager's Balloon Trip. It does have more health, however.
Side Special: HOLD IT! / OBJECTION!: With no evidence / irrelevant evidence, Phoenix will exclaim HOLD IT!. The words pop up, but the start up of the move takes a while. It has some knockback. When the evidence becomes relevant, it turns into an OBJECTION!. This has less start up, greater range, and more power. If it lands, Phoenix will enter Turnabout Mode. One thing to note about this move is that it can be easily blocked as it does no shield damage and it can be easily dodged. If blocked, you can't enter Turnabout Mode.

Turnabout Mode: This is Phoenix's true form. He becomes faster, more agile, and much more powerful. Many of his moves now have KO potential, including his forward and up tilt now. Three moves will change: his neutral attack is a straight up finger point, his down tilt is also a massive finger point, and his forward air is another massive finger point if it spikes; they are all of his ground Heavy, down Heavy, and aerial Heavy attacks. His other moves and specials remain the same. Phoenix lasts in Turnabout Mode for about 15-20 seconds.
When it ends, you have to collect your evidence and do it again.

Final Smash: Ace Attorney: First, if you don't have any evidence and you hit the Smash Ball, you automatically enter Turnabout Mode with a random piece of evidence. Yes, by collecting the Smash Ball, you enter Turnabout Mode. If you lose the Smash Ball, you can hit it again and enter Turnabout Mode. The Mode still lasts for 15-20 seconds, but the Smash Ball won't disappear nor the evidence if it ends.
Ace Attorney is his Level 3 Hyper in UMvC3. Now, his Final Smash starts out with Order in the Court, which is half the size of Final Destination. It can take in multiple opponents and when it lands, these characters will be taken on the witness stand. Phoenix says, "The one who actually committed the crime... is you! No alibi, no justice, no dream, no hope! TAKE THAT!" After he says who actually committed the crime, they take damage. After the no alibi speech, more damage is taken from submitted evidence. After TAKE THAT! the characters are sent and it almost OHKOs. Why...? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! It's a cinematic Final Smash and I shortened the speech because there is a possibility where the character gets hit, but doesn't die in time. Shortening it will lessen this problem since the attack normally takes 10 seconds.

I took a lot of ideas from UMvC3, but I wanted to add more to it and reference other games. UMvC3 is an amazing blueprint for him and I think it can be ironed out in Smash. In the end, I wanted to make my moveset be representative of the fact that Phoenix is still just a regular guy, well... one with crazy lawyer powers and comes from a weird cast of characters and scenarios. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Hey! A Phoenix Wright support thread! Count me in!

Recently, I have played the original trilogy and I am going through Duel Destinies. I really love the trilogy and the characters that are in them, especially Phoenix. In fact, I bought UMvC3 just to play as him and he didn't disappoint... he's my best character to be honest.

Anyways, I made a moveset for him and a lot of it is inspired by UMvC3, but it has a few nods in there.
Speed: Phoenix is faster than some characters like Ganondorf and Robin. So, he is pretty slow.
Air Speed: Phoenix will have amazing air speed. Something near Wario's air speed.
The reasoning for the ground speed is that trials take a while to do and complete and we don't see Phoenix run a lot. His great air mobility mainly comes from the speed lines from the series where you quickly turn things around.
Weight: Mostly medium weight, but on the lighter side.

Neutral Combo: First he brings out some paper with his right hand, then he hits again with his left hand in confusion, and the last hit is a lightbulb. It's basically something like Medium -> Heavy -> Heavy in Trial Mode
Forward Tilt: Paperwork: He does the down, down right, and right Paperwork variation. The papers are oddly projectiles that you can reflect, but Ness can't absorb them.
Forward Smash: Phoenix points his finger at his opponent.
Down Tilt: Phoenix rubs the ground. It's a multi hit move that he has and the hits are fairly weak. It's his crouching Light attack in UMvC3.
Down Smash: Phoenix lets out a heavy sneeze. It causes a lot of knockback... I guess you want to get away from the germs as soon as possible!
Up Tilt: Paperwork: He does the down, down left, and left Paperwork variation. What's different is that instead of the paper being in front of him, all of it is above him. Like his forward tilt, the papers are projectiles that can be reflected, but not absorbed.
Up Smash: He takes out the metal detector to make sure it works and Phoenix holds the handle while checking it. It's vertically straight and has the same length as Shulk's up smash.
Dash Attack: Press the Witness: It's much like Luigi's dash attack in that it's a multi hit move where the final hit is the strongest one.

Neutral Air: Phoenix crouches and looks at a paper. It's his aerial Light attack in UMvC3.
Forward Air: Just a Bit More...!: Phoenix takes a document and shoves it in the opponents face.
Down Air: Phoenix takes out Gumshoe's Radio Transceiver. The attack creates some projectiles that goes three bars beneath Phoenix, like Pac-Man's grab. The attack has little endlag and it can meteor, but the projectile can be reflected.
Back Air: Phoenix accidentally sprays Luminol behind him. It's a multi hit move that causes weak knockback. Mostly used for combos.
Up Air: Phoenix creates an arc of papers much like his tilts, but this arc is similar to Peach's new up air. Alternatively, his up air could be his Heavy air attack while in Investigation Mode, where he shakes his head in confusion.

Pummel and Grab: Phoenix grabs the opponent with the Magatama. Every pummel causes a Psyche-Lock to break.
Forward Throw: A giant Psyche-Lock breaks and sends the opponent forward.
Down Throw: Phoenix brings the opponent downwards and rubs fingerprint powder over his opponent. This sends them upwards where Phoenix can combo.
Back Throw: Missile comes out of nowhere viciously and attacks the opponent.
Up Throw: Phoenix tries to question them, but he accidentally trips and sends them upwards.

Uniqueness: Phoenix will have a mechanic where you collect a piece of evidence and you can submit the evidence. Each piece of evidence is different and sends out a different projectile. For example, a cell phone could create three projectiles that home in on the opponent while a photo could be like Luigi's Fireball. His side special will change into something different as time passes. If 30 seconds pass with evidence in hand, you will get a much more powerful attack and enter a mode called Turnabout Mode. However, if you use evidence and it hits the opponent (without it being Pocketed or reflected), the timer will decrease by 2 seconds as the evidence will become more relevant. With this system, you are trying or waiting for the perfect opportunity to make the evidence relevant to the case and turn things around. If you throw away evidence, the timer resets to 30 seconds. Do you want to have a good projectile to match your situation or do you want to get into Turnabout Mode. That is up to you.
Specials:
Down Special: Collect Evidence: Phoenix will pick up a random piece of evidence that has a different projectile to it. It must be done on the ground. If you press down special again, Phoenix will throw away that piece of evidence. Also, no bad evidence is involved.
Neutral Special: Submit the Evidence: If you have nothing, Phoenix will be confused. If you have something, Phoenix will submit the evidence and a projectile comes out of it (don't question why!!!). If it lands, there will be less time for you to get into Turnabout Mode.
Up Special: Steel Samurai Balloon: I had difficulty with this one the most. I was thinking of Phoenix using a giant Steel Samurai balloon that he can use to float, but it isn't as versatile as Villager's Balloon Trip. It does have more health, however.
Side Special: HOLD IT! / OBJECTION: With no evidence / irrelevant evidence, Phoenix will exclaim HOLD IT!. The words pop up, but the start up of the move takes a while. It has some knockback. When the evidence becomes relevant, it turns into an OBJECTION!. This has less start up, greater range, and more power. If it lands, Phoenix will enter Turnabout Mode. One thing to note about this move is that it can be easily blocked as it does no shield damage and it can be easily dodged. If blocked, you can't enter Turnabout Mode.

Turnabout Mode: This is Phoenix's true form. He becomes faster, more agile, and much more powerful. Many of his moves now have KO potential, including his forward and up tilt now. Three moves will change: his neutral attack is a straight up finger point, his down tilt is also a massive finger point, and his forward air is another massive finger point if it spikes; they are all of his ground Heavy, down Heavy, and aerial Heavy attacks. His other moves and specials remain the same. Phoenix lasts in Turnabout Mode for about 15-20 seconds.
When it ends, you have to collect your evidence and do it again.

Final Smash: Ace Attorney: First, if you don't have any evidence and you hit the Smash Ball, you automatically enter Turnabout Mode with a random piece of evidence. Yes, by collecting the Smash Ball, you enter Turnabout Mode. If you lose the Smash Ball, you can hit it again and enter Turnabout Mode. The Mode still lasts for 15-20 seconds, but the Smash Ball won't disappear nor the evidence if it ends.
Ace Attorney is his Level 3 Hyper in UMvC3. Now, his Final Smash starts out with Order in the Court, which is half the size of Final Destination. It can take in multiple opponents and when it lands, these characters will be taken on the witness stand. Phoenix says, "The one who actually committed the crime... is you! No alibi, no justice, no dream, no hope! TAKE THAT!" After he says who actually committed the crime, they take damage. After the no alibi speech, more damage is taken from submitted evidence. After TAKE THAT! the characters are sent and it almost OHKOs. Why...? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! It's a cinematic Final Smash and I shortened the speech because there is a possibility where the character gets hit, but doesn't die in time. Shortening it will lessen this problem since the attack normally takes 10 seconds.

I took a lot of ideas from UMvC3, but I wanted to add more to it and reference other games. UMvC3 is an amazing blueprint for him and I think it can be ironed out in Smash. In the end, I wanted to make my moveset be representative of the fact that Phoenix is still just a regular guy, well... one with crazy lawyer powers and comes from a weird cast of characters and scenarios. :p
You had me at the side smash being a finger point.
Imagine KOing people with that!!! I think I have to support him, just for that.

Side note, just finished off the last trial of the first game and am watching the credits roll on by. Oh my GOD, that game was incredible. I think that's gonna crack my top five. That last trial was insane, oh my gosh. The game's music didn't have the greatest variety or anything, but the way the devs use it is incredible. Made me super hyped to cont- WOAH. THERE'S ANOTHER CASE??

Didn't see this coming, I'm heading back in guys! "Rise from the Ashes..." Woah. Oh man, I'm so ready for this. See you guys!

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
Hope it's not to late to count myself in on this support thread as well.

Also, I agree with using a move set similar to UMvC3. Capcom did such a good job of making him a unique and faithful to the games, even if he isn't "top tier".

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Woops, i meant to do this a long time ago, but count me in!
I wouldn't mind seeing good ol' Wright in Smash! : )

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've gotten into Ace Attorney recently. The only game of the series other then the Professor Layton crossover is Dual Destinies (I do plan to one day soon get the latter at least). I've even played the japanese only 2nd Miles Edgeworth game. It's a really enjoyable series to be sure.

With Megaman and Ryu already in though I doubt we get a 3rd Capcom Rep with how limited DLC spots are to begin with regarding Sakurai's "several" mention. But I think it'd be the "wright" thing to do to at least have Mii Fighter costumes for some Phoenix Wright characters. Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, and Godot would be great choices I'd think.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten into Ace Attorney recently. The only game of the series other then the Professor Layton crossover is Dual Destinies (I do plan to one day soon get the latter at least). I've even played the japanese only 2nd Miles Edgeworth game. It's a really enjoyable series to be sure.

With Megaman and Ryu already in though I doubt we get a 3rd Capcom Rep with how limited DLC spots are to begin with regarding Sakurai's "several" mention. But I think it'd be the "wright" thing to do to at least have Mii Fighter costumes for some Phoenix Wright characters. Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, and Godot would be great choices I'd think.
You know, playing off this, I think it would be really cool if the characters that just barely didn't make the ballot got Mii Costumes or were included in the game in some other way.

Or it could be a huge slap in the face to their fans, but anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
After playing Dual Destinies, I am 100% for Phoenix Wright in Smash Bros. If not solely because Ace Attorney music is absolutely AMAZIIING.

I'd also really like if Apollo was an alt for Phoenix if he got in, as that is my favorite character.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet

with thanks to @ Kenith Kenith for bringing this to my attention
This is pretty good news, a character getting Smashified usually gets quite a bit of new support!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So...yeah, uh, about that...
Turns out they might not actually be Smashifying him...the Smashfest polls are only for fun, and they said they weren't during 3rd parties for a while.
However they could still do Phoenix Wright (I hope so)

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but in all honesty, even the amount of Capcom characters they have in right now is too much.
Cool story? I'm sure there's lots of people who agree with you, but remember that other people can feel differently. be a little more respectful in voicing your opinion.

Eh, that's just how I think people should act. I think Sm4sh does have a ton of Capcom characters, but that's no reason to spoil the fun for others who like to speculate and stuff.

Capcom does have a ton of great characters, why not talk about them being in smash?

Don't mean to berate you, but I have to agree there's quite a few Cap characters in Smash 4. Don't see how it's a bad thing. A character is a character, guys. Have a good night, I'll be signing off <3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I'm sorry, but in all honesty, even the amount of Capcom characters they have in right now is too much.
objection-vector-1-406x300.png

Too much?
Both Mega Man and Ryu are prestigious and iconic characters from highly successful franchises - Megaman and Street Fighter respectively! The rule that third--parties in Smash Bros. should only be allowed one character is completely arbitrary and non-existent! Neither character got in because of Capcom - they were chosen based on their own merits!
As such, considering Ace Attorney's almost entirely Nintendo-exclusive history and it's popularity, I would say...

...That Phoenix Wright has more than enough merit to join Smash Bros. as well!!

In all seriousness, I find it rather rude and disrespectful that you came here just to laugh at supporters of Phoenix Wright based on some arbitrary rule from forever ago you still cling on to.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
After playing Dual Destinies, I am 100% for Phoenix Wright in Smash Bros. If not solely because Ace Attorney music is absolutely AMAZIIING.
I know what you mean. Even though I'm not sure how Phoenix Wright would work, I'd love him in if only for all the amazing music he'd bring with him.

Ace Attorney in Smash Bros would be amazing, two of my favourite game franchises coming together.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since it's unanimously agreed that the music is a pivotal part of the Ace Attorney series...

Turnabout Trial stage.
If you could pick 7 tracks for this stage (3 remixes and 4 originals), what would they be?
I would choose:

1. Objection! / Pursuit ~Cornered - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

2. Pursuit Theme Series Medley -
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
  • Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
3. Cross Examination Allegro Medley -
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
4. Pressing Pursuit ~ Cross-Examination - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
5. Pressing Pursuit ~Cornered - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
6. Pursuit ~Last Promotion - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
7. Pursuit ~Cornered - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

What do you think?
I didn't choose cross-over music for obvious reasons, and I didn't choose the themes from Investigations/2 to focus on showing the music from the defense side of the games.

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Hey everybody, I guess I may as well introduce myself. I've recently become a huge fan of the Ace Attorney games. The first one I played was Layton vs. AA, since I've been a Layton fan for quite a while. It was playing through that game, along with seeing him in UMvC3 and just hearing overall good things about the series that made me want more. Now, I own all the games released in America, even Apollo and Investigations. :p I've finished the first game and am working through the games in order, and I'm hooked.

As for Smash Bros, he's easily in my top 3, and I'd be perfectly happy if he was the only character to get in that I currently want. I would absolutely love to create a moveset for him, as I actually have a few really neat ideas that could differentiate him from the Marvel version but still maintain his signature moves (Objection, etc.). However, I'd like to at least finish the original trilogy before I do to get some more ideas. I just recently made a moveset for Professor Layton if you want to have an idea on how I make movesets. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-professor-layton-for-ssb4-thread.324333/page-43#post-19898971

I'd just like to let you guys know that you have my full support, and I hope that Nick gets his chance in the future. :)

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the off-topic post, but I thought you guys would appreciate this!

It will be shocased at TGS, plus English localization is already confirmed!

Too bad Dai Gyakuten Saiben hasn't been confirmed for translation yet, I would love to see that localized.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I decided to go back and read all of the posts in this thread, and you guys made me want Phoenix Wright in Smash! I'm a huge fan of the series, with it probably placing in my top 5 franchises in any type media. (hence my username) I don't think he's very likely, but I would literally freak out if Nick was somehow dlc! I definitely support this!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ace Attorney 6! And we're about a month away from the smash ballot deadline so closer to possible Phoenix in Smash maybe...? AND while Dai Gyakuten Saiban is a lil worrisome, Capcom France has gone back and forth from "No plans" to "No clue" so it seems like theyre fighting for it to be localized!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Wouldn't count on a third Capcom character, but there are no other Capcom franchises I'd support more than this one if it were to happen.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like we should at the very least get a Phoenix Wright mii costume. It doesn't seem unreasonable with Ace Attorney 6 coming and Capcom has already given access to its franchises.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like we should at the very least get a Phoenix Wright mii costume. It doesn't seem unreasonable with Ace Attorney 6 coming and Capcom has already given access to its franchises.
Phoenix Wright Mii Gunner plz.
His weapon is EPIC FINGER POINTING.

Also, what does everyone think of my signature? The two Capcom characters (Phoenix Wright and Jill Valentine) are right next to other and it looks perfect..

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
While I'm not necessarily voicing support for him, I do think an American Phoenix Wright legal drama TV series on NBC could help promote him if he becomes DLC. I think he does make a good character for a TV show, and he would be an interesting add to Smash. In my headcanons he could start representing some of the other Smashers as far as their legal affairs go.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm at a split between Phoenix Wright and Sceptile. I'm so torn...
You simply have to choose Phoenix Wright! There's so many reasons you should want him over Sceptile.
You should choose Phoenix Wright over Sceptile because....
Takethat.gif

Think of all the great music Phoenix would bring with him! The music in the Ace Attorney is almost unanimously considered to be godly, and with Phoenix in Smash you'd get to hear it IN Smash Bros.
Another reason is that nobody could even come close to fighting like Phoenix Wright does. His playstyle could involve collecting evidence and then overwhelming his opponent with it.
Nobody would fight like him, and wouldn't you like to contribute to getting such a unique character in Smash Bros.?
I rest my case.

I think it's clear who you should choose.

Last edited:

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
You simply have to choose Phoenix Wright! There's so many reasons you should want him over Sceptile.
You should choose Phoenix Wright over Sceptile because....
View attachment 73323
Think of all the great music Phoenix would bring with him! The music in the Ace Attorney is almost unanimously considered to be godly, and with Phoenix in Smash you'd get to hear it IN Smash Bros.
Another reason is that nobody could even come close to fighting like Phoenix Wright does. His playstyle could involve collecting evidence and then overwhelming his opponent with it.
Nobody would fight like him, and wouldn't you like to contribute to getting such a unique character in Smash Bros.?
I rest my case.

I think it's clear who you should choose.
Maybe I'll just vote for both and let the rest sort it out. You have a great point about the music as well.

Top Bottom