• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Social

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm in the closed beta via a friend :).

Its pretty damn good. It seems like a pretty polished game already(I.E I haven't noticed a single glitch or bug yet.) The only thing I noticed is the game likes to freeze sometimes on load screens, but it will snap out of it.

This bad boy's going to be F2P as well when its fully released? I'm hyped.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
sounds awesome!

I'm super jelly that u got the chance to play it lol. I'd ask for a hookup of ur friends acc but super busy this week ;.;

Glad to hear its fun. Does the beta give u the option for mags or no?

M@v

Subarashii!
I've seen people with them; no idea how to get one though :(

Also, Here's a tiny bit of eyecandy from a boss that showed up in an emergency code.

I'll have much more later:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Glad to hear its fun. Does the beta give u the option for mags or no?
Yes, you can get Mags in the beta, although there aren't many people that have them.

You have to get to level 10, complete a certain portion of the matter board (which are basically story missions, and most of which isnt translated so English players don't know what to do), then finally complete a client mission and find a rare item from a boss. And then after that, you can't even use a Photon Blast from it until you get it past level 50.

EDIT: Until then, here are some pics of my character... Haven't gotten around to taking any in-game yet. Been busy with final exams/projects/papers for the semester, so I haven't played the beta much.

And as a bonus... A sketch someone drew for me:

M@v

Subarashii!
P.S. Shoutout to Colaya for being the one to get me into the beta to begin with :)

EDIT: As promised, bunch of screenshots inbound. I play ranger, although I use a sword for a couple of the screenshots to show the shared sword/gun hybrid weapon works. You can carry 3 weapons at a time. I had my rifle which is my primary, the sword/gun hybrid, and I also have a cannon which the other type of ranger weapon.

EDIT: ran into another dark ragne(the boss in the first pic). Here's some clearer pictures of him:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Got some images here...

Fighting the Rockbears:

Some images of the city from the event mission:

Dark Ragne boss pics:

Something cool about the boss is that he can climb up onto the walls... Tried to get pics of it, but I accidentally disconnected my laptop from the internet while doing so. :p

All I got for now.

Player-3

Smash Hero
little late but i'm dling the client right now ol i got in through a friend but it's ending in 2 days :[

M@v

Subarashii!
I have some more pictures I took over the weekend. I'll get them up early next week, as its finals week for me atm.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I also have some pictures.... But they're on my brother's laptop, which is currently in another state.

I'll post them up some time next Monday/Tuesday.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So for people who have actually used the character creator.
Edit: Scratch that, I have to play on 1....fffuuuuuuuu

But has anyone else fiddled with this?

Edit:2

Because redheads are the best

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If you manage to get some help or figure it out, let me in on the sauce. xD I'd like to register as well

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Le Bump

For all of you who didn't know, the open beta started 30 minutes ago.

;-; sadly I won't be playing with you since I don't think my computer quite hits the minimum requirements.....seeing as I splat everytime I get to char create. Guess I'll just have to rush saving to a new cpu.

M@v

Subarashii!
Dont know how to sign up, since all the emails i get are japanese :3.

Maybe I should just try opening the pso2 client xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So deleting the installer from my download folder made the game run...what even is this

Anywho glad to actually be playing PSO2 and was wondering if I could friend a couple of you guys that (might) be playing the beta.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Just figured I'd ask, everyone who is playing PSO2 joined ship 2...right?

Player-3

Smash Hero
yea i have a level 3 hunter but im waiting for the eng patch; because it drives me insane that i can't read anything (even thuogh i can navigate the menus and most npc options fine)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
psvita release is next year, ull have to wait a little longer.

Wish I could join you guys but busy with school :( I'll join your guys' quests next month sometime hopefully

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh for sure. I'll make sure to leave my RACaseal levels for when some swf players are ready to join.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
English server is officially to be released in early 2013.

So far from now -_-. Hopefully the english server is good and isnt months behind japanese updates. My guess is that the japanese server is superior though like it was for psu and psobb so an english patch would be much better if it exists eventually.

Master Raven

Smash Master
If that's the case then I'm just going to wait for its release instead of waiting on an unofficial English patch.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Someone that already has access to this, can someone please create an account for me. Im not really sure why i keep getting an error message but I think its because I might be typing kanji wrong or something. Been trying this for like half an hour now, help will be greatly appreciated. :)

edit: think i may have figured my problem out.

Ok think i got the id registered, need to wait half more hour until the install is complete.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I dunno, I heard it takes 3 hours. It didn't seem that long for me when I did it though.

Chances are with SEGA NA, the only reason why I'd go to NA is just to play the game for it's translated story.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So i heard server 10 is where its at but I cant seem to get into it. I've even tried making a 2nd account but i can never get to the cutscene part. I can get into server 9 just fine but for what ever reason when starting a new character I cant seem to get into 10. Help me please

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If you're wanting to play with the most english players Ships 2&10 are your best bets. BUT Ships 2 and 10 are character locked until the 18th.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sure thing, I've been on hiatus from it because of the lack of people to group up with. I can be online sometime after 3 pm central tomorrow.

Top Bottom