• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Dark: A Fox Combo/Tech Video

Sim

Smash Apprentice
i wasnt really blaming you specifically, like i said, i just hate how people judge only off of videos. i know thats all you had to judge from, just thought id say that tho. thought it would add more hype too haha. thanks, we'll try not to disappoint.
Word.

Techskill is awesome <3

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Dark can practically play around with any player in the world.

Watch out players. Fox is gona rule smash again.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
you have to realize me and lovage are doing a routine based video, and most of his tech displays were freestyles. we werent trying to be as fast as possible, just performing each part of each routine cleanly. me and lovage can play that fast, we just choose not to because its unnecessary.

i hate how people judge a persons tech skill only off their videos. if thats the case, just wait for me and lovages new video. in revolution we settled for shorter, easier clips cuz we introduced new stuff and only had to beat our ****ty other videos lol. our next one were goin all out for the first time.

to some this is revolutionary, but none of this stuff is new. you guys only know what goes on in vids. just thought id throw that out there lol
will u have my babies?

Battlecow

Play to Win
People get the joke in the title, right? I ask because I probably wouldn't if not for the random people who sometimes load Perfect Dark when you're trying to have a nice game of Smash 64 on Kaillera.

S0FT

Smash Ace
It is funny how people think.

The smash community said the same thing would happen to armada if he came over. "Probably won't make top 10" But it took mango going all out (or what appeared to be), to beat him.

Obviously a combo tech skill video is not going to show someones true skill, but neither are match videos versus your friends or people you play often.

Speculation on a players skill based on videos of any kind is rarely accurate.

This is probably the best combo video ever.

That was its purpose, lets just keep it at that.

Renth

Smash Hero
Normally i'm the douchebag troll in these situations but let's put it this way.

All of you cool kids who are hating on dark.

Let me see your tech skill/combo video. If you compare then I apologize, if you are just on the forums to complain like most people are then please take your cry baby whining some where else. Thank you.

Beat!

Smash Master
It is funny how people think.

The smash community said the same thing would happen to armada if he came over. "Probably won't make top 10" But it took mango going all out (or what appeared to be), to beat him.

Obviously a combo tech skill video is not going to show someones true skill, but neither are match videos versus your friends or people you play often.

Speculation on a players skill based on videos of any kind is rarely accurate.

This is probably the best combo video ever.

That was its purpose, lets just keep it at that.
Lol. Armada had been destroying all tournaments in Europe for a long time when Genesis was about to take place. All the european players knew how good he was. The "smash community" didn't say Armada wouldn't do well. Only USA did.

Dark on the other hand hasn't proven anything in a tournament setting, as he hasn't been to any large tournaments.

This video was completely mind-blowing and awesome, and one of my favourite smash videos of all time, but if you expect Dark to make it to top 10 at Genesis 2, you might end up a little dissapointed.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Who knows how he will do? No one. Will he beat top players? I seriously doubt it, but I would love to give him a shot. I bet he could wreck some faces after he gets some large tourney experience.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Why is it so important? He just wanted to make a Combo video. He has never claimed to be one top player himself, as far as I know.

Then why discuss about whether he'll beat the top players or not?
I believe that was not the purpose of this video :p

HellBlaZer

Smash Apprentice
why is it so important? He just wanted to make a combo video. He has never claimed to be one top player himself, as far as i know.

<3 <3 <3
+200

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I know I'm kinda late, but I just wanna say that I disagree. Techskill is almost the only reason why I got into Melee, and I've been trying extremely hard throughout my entire smash career to get anywhere close to as technical as this. I'm pretty much always trying to be as technical as possible, and I almost never play to win. The only time I do is during tournaments (or when somebody makes me mad and I just wanna try to **** them or something lol).

No matter how hard I try, I don't think I could ever become as technical as Dark. I have never seen such an insane display of techskill, and if you say that this is nothing beyond hard then I think you're crazy lol. I would quit Falco in a heartbeat and probably Pikachu too if I could have a Fox like Dark's.

I could care less how he does in tournament. Techskill will always impress me 10x more than tournament placings will. That's why I really love and appreciate players like SW and Lovage.
lol of course you play to win in tournaments[thats what makes you different from dark!], i would hope your not sitting there in friendlys trying to win instead of learning or gaining tech skill! I did correct myself later about saying it wasn't hard, it does take skill i just don't find it legendary skill. i also don't believe that you can't be as technical as him, what things is he doing that are outside your realm? like show me clips of anything, i guarantee if you actually wanted to do those things in a match with a day[at most] for practice, you could.

i honestly think you could easily be as technical as dark if you had the motivation. BUT, instead you place well in NATIONALS and focus on winning more. if you had no reason to make your pikachu even more ****, and you actually were interested in playing as technical as possible, you would. even in tournament, but you don't!

I don't think your 'will' to be technical-over-winning is as high as darks. if you focused 100% on techskill with falco/fox in tournament [instead of making your pikachu win tournys] you'd be this crazy too :)

Why is it so important? He just wanted to make a Combo video. He has never claimed to be one top player himself, as far as I know.

it's not that important, but neither is smashboards so that's why i discuss it.
this is more of a techskill metagame discussion anyways.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Speculation is useless. If he goes to Genesis 2, some people might get *****. Some people might beat him hard (doesn't look like he's ever played against a puff :( ) But that is a topic of conversation for Genesis. On a different note, this video made me quit Fox. I will never be that technical, my best bet is to put out a Mario tech skill video of my Rainbow Road/ Fourside/ Yoshi 64 shenanigans and hope people don't compare me to Eggz.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Trahh you gotta keep in mind that there's a limit to what each individual's mind is able to pull off risk reward wise. People are only able to play as technical as their fingers and mind can consistently perform. Most people would rather punish with an Usmash instead of a shine Usmash because they don't want to risk the likelyhood of not correctly performing a shine Usmash and missing an opportunity.

However Dark's casual technical ability far exceeds what most people believed to be possible on a read and reactionary level. There are definitely players in NA/EU that could play like that but not many...

DanteFox

Smash Champion
so I thought this vid was cool and all, but now that I see these comments that are all serious and amazed, I'm wondering, is the vid done using AR, or is it really legit tech skill? o_O

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's legit.

Also I wanted to point out that half the people posting how Dark is all flashy tech skill he would probably beast half of you just based off of that.

I mean yes he might not be the smartest player but you're still going to have to be CLOSE to his level of tech to keep up and turn it into a battle of smarts and gameplay. If you're just going to get blasted it doesn't matter how much "smarter" you are because in a sense your hands have lost the battle for you.

It's kinda like how Mango was saying when he plays against the techy players he just has to beat them with his own smooth technical play, not trying to outsmart the machine.

weon - X

Smash Ace
I've played dark before(since I'm originally from Chile) and let me tell you guys that it was quite the experience, i used to think i had decent techskill but after playing this guy i don't feel technical at ALL :(:(:(:(:(, well dark has inspired me to be a fox main such as others and he continues doing so with his creative combo's in which he tries to implement every technique he knows , also let me add that i've seen him do better stuff on matches that weren't recorded.

He has never claimed to be more effective or better than lovage, silent wolf or any of the other foxes, in fact he is very humble, he only wants to be the most technical since he was inspired by the ADVENTURE video.

strawhats

Smash Master
he told me hed like to go too, he said hes just broke. its prob a lot to fly from chile
iSN'T THERE A GOOD PLAYER FUND IN THE MAKING FOR HIM...Either way dark will get to come to theU.S. soon. Alex Strife has big plans, MSU, APEX.

I still feel as though players like Ice, Javi (Tuga aka Twin aka Jorge isn't going), EX, and Dark will make it to Genesis.
Good Player Fund +passport=win.

iSN'T THERE A GOOD PLAYER FUND IN THE MAKING FOR HIM...Either way dark will get to come to theU.S. soon. Alex Strife has big plans, MSU, APEX.

I still feel as though players like Ice, Javi (Tuga aka Twin aka Jorge isn't going), EX, and Dark will make it to Genesis.
Good Player Fund +passport=win.
i could def see alex strife helping him out a lot. he helped me and eggz out a ton to get to apex and there was no real demand for us going

JuanEricC

Smash Rookie
dark should bring mango to can chile! so mango can teach him! omg i can even imagine how good dark will be! best fox ever? =S

HotWings

Smash Ace
WOW!!! The fastest fox i have ever seen! I was considering alting fox before i watched this but after watching this combo video i know for a fact im going to start alting him.

Zone

Smash Champion
dark should bring mango to can chile! so mango can teach him! omg i can even imagine how good dark will be! best fox ever? =S
I would quit smash. Then watch his videos, get hyped up to play smash again. Then when I play him I'd quit smash again. And this cycle would repeat forever.

Top Bottom