• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEPESPAIN Presents Pac-Man Potential

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Legend of the arcade, cinema, and more, Pac-Man is a very exciting character in Smash for Wii U. Players like Koolaid and Abadango have shown some amazing things Pac-Man can do, and Youtube channel PEPESPAIN Smash Lab has been showing off some amazing Pac-Man tech as well. One of Pac-Man's most potent tools comes from his Fire Hydrant. Not only does it allow Pac-Man to u-turn with his side special, it also has a unique trick of its own that has been dubbed the Hydrant Platform.

The Hydrant isn't Pac-Man's only exciting tool either, the various options he can pull from his Bonus Fruit, the most powerful of which is his Key. There is more to be done than just charging to the Key and throwing however, with the proper knowledge and player can get the key and use it for some amazing combos, especially by zDroping it. Here is a video showing how to get the Key in hand on most tournament legal stages.

The Hydrant also isn't the only move that has some unique interactions with stages either, Pac-Man's Power Pellet also has some very unique uses also highlighted on the channel. Here are some of these interesting tricks.

PEPESPAIN Smash Lab isn't just showing off Pac-Man tech, it also has some interesting Pac-Man glitches as well, such as an instant suicide, an oddity with his Bonus Fruit, and the most recent discovery posted on the channel involving Pac-Man's trampoline becoming invisible.

Hopefully these videos have shown some of the amazing things Pac-Man can do and have Smash fans excitied to see more of him. Pac-Man isn't the only character covered on the channel either, so be sure to check out their Youtube channel for other excellent videos on subjects such as Villager Aquaplaning, Mr. Game and Watch's Up Smash, and more.

SmashCapps has been wanting to cover these videos for a while to show off some epic Pac-Man tricks. Follow what SmashCapps is up to and suggest other videos to cover by WAKAWAKAing over to Twitter.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm really happy to see some Pac-Man coverage. I don't play him much, but one of my best friends does. He sometimes feels a little demotivated by all of the "lol Pac-Man is no good" comments but I've never believed that, I think he has a lot of potential.

I mean, I see the Rosalina boards giving incredible bias to other characters that really aren't that much trouble for Rosalina all of the time, and they tend to crap on characters like Pac-Man. But like, Pac-Man is literally the ONLY character who can rival Rosalina in stage control tools. I would still say it's slightly in Rosalina's favour. But even a lot of Pac-Man mains seem to think it's 70:30 Rosalina's favour, but I would say no higher than 60:40.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
EventHubs is not the best tier list. It isn't based on objectivity, data, or even tournament performance, it's just people voting on whoever they want.

EventHubs is really just representative of the characters people have the most trouble against in For Glory - which means Pac-Man doesn't get a fair shot in it, as nobody plays Pac-Man in For Glory.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
SmashCapps really good post. I'm really proud that you decide to post my videos here, I really love PACMAN and I think that it's a really complex character that need to be exploded.

Many thanks!!!!!

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Why can't all these videos, be in one video . ............. >_>

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
That was great, never had a interest in PAC but I may check him out while practicing in FG

Seal

Smash Journeyman
How many smashers does it take to tell a guy that the eventhubs tier list is bad?

Nicholas Rusinyak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicokow
So happy that Pac-man is finally getting some recognition. Mostly everyone trashes on him when in reality he is underrated. Thank you so much Pepespain for creating these videos increasing Pacs potential!

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
i was thinking of making some vids based on some pacman tech seems i got beat lol, but he hasnt done a vid on hydrant setups and angles and thats something i think plays a BIG role in pac's game

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
This thread made me so god damn happy, i have barely TOUCHED pac man, but the first time i saw abadango my jaw hit the floor, thanks for the videos and tutorials, pac man looks like a god dang BEAST if you know your ****!

xzx

Smash Lord
It's really hard to say who's better for me, Megaman or Pacman?
I am a swedish PAC-MAN main (who placed 9th at B.E.A.S.T V), and I would definitely say that Mega Man is better. Mega Man is much better at KOing, grabbing and zoning than PAC-MAN is.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Join the Pac-side. We have a 24 projectiles Neutral B.

Oh and these change trajectory when thrown in a Hydrant (which is also a projectile).
And that can be done in different ways too.

Also don't forget our frame 3 Nair and the silly Slampoline.

Customs Pac is fuuuuuun.

Top Bottom