• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People will either laugh at me or think I'm stupid if they read this.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Am I the only one who noticed Fox and Falco are OP in this release (3.5)?

Because Falco and Fox are insane. I played with the AI on 5 (Normal) in Versus Smash with the CPU on Random (the character I'd be fighting against), and playing as the character of my choice. The random character happened to be Falco. Out of nowhere he starts chaining me out of his Down-Special and Meteor Smashing me into the ground. I figured that was a bit hard (fighting against Falco on Normal). I figured I wasn't ready to fight him on Normal (which was unusual for me, as I usually don't have a problem fighting the CPU on Normal or higher- up to 6 or 7 I'd say is when it gets challenging based on my time with Project M so far), so I put the difficulty on 4 and fought him again. He bodied me like no tomorrow. That was when I started to think "Okaaaaaaayyyyyy........" So I decide to put the AI on Level one........LEVEL ONE.......in Versus Smash, and Falco keeps bodying the crap out of me.

Same thing in Classic Mode. FOX AND FALCO ARE RIDICULOUS. Melee fans may look at me like I'm stupid or weak, but I'm serious. The CPU is not a tournament player (well, neither am I, but.....) If I had the time, I could record the footage. I know I'm not crazy.

At this point Falco is the equivalent of an Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 character: ONE TOUCH AND YOU DIE. I haven't fought against Fox yet (I fought him in Classic Mode, but not in Versus Smash), but I'm assuming he needs work, too.

Also, Falco used his Final Smash and finished me with it. But then after his Final Smash ended he was stuck at the top of the screen for 15 seconds, I think. Wasn't he supposed to fly off the screen or something if he went that high?

Please fix and nerf (just A LITTLE BIT) if it's not too much trouble, Project M team. Thanks.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
They play like competent players. Should be more of an incentive for you to get better.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
They play like competent players. Should be more of an incentive for you to get better.
So I'm assuming I'm just crazy when I say Luigi may have a possible infinite just by using standard attacks over and over then hitting me with a Super Jump Punch. Okay.

I'm crazy.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Also, I did say I put it at level one. Isn't the AI supposed to be easy at that point?
Yeah they're still impressive on level 1. But it's only those 2 characters with a remade AI. Just fight one of the other 39 characters

Last edited:

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Yeah they're still impressive on level 1. But it's only those 2 characters with a remade AI. Just fight one of the other 39 characters

........Seriously? They're the only two? Well, even so....don't you think it's a bit much?

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
........Seriously? They're the only two? Well, even so....don't you think it's a bit much?
Not really I think it's more hilarious than anything else to see SHDL from level 1's

edit: And besides it's good practice

Last edited:

jalued

Smash Lord
I actually really appreciate the great lvl 9 AI... its probably the best practice you can get solo for spacing all of their crap.

Have to say though, the falco is better than the fox simply because the fox does not do upthrow-upair very often.

Please Fix!

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I still think it should be toned down a bit....

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
I think you could probably learn a lot from playing against them then. Personally, I love them. It's a decent option for practice if you don't have people to crank out some friendlies available.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I think they should only do that on the high levels. Else its kinda hard to just fool around with a dumb Fox or Falco AI. x] But its awesome to see a CPU play so agro. They just need to work on the level intensity. I am sure they will to.

Top Bottom