• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Practice Regime By Yourself

keninblack

Smash Cadet
So I get bored a lot and want to play Smash when I'm about the house by myself not doing anything, what are some technical things I should be practicing to make sure I get down consistently?

I have wavedashing, L-Cancels, and most universal techs down. I'm just curious on mostly Peach specific stuff I need to be labbing with.

Or is playing the AI useful? Coming from a 2-D fighter background thats generally a big no-no, but I'm open to anything to help up my game.

Let me know guys, thanks!

The PikMan

Smash Cadet
Taken from the Peach tactical discussion thread
my basic practice routine is typically:

practice missing fair by a set # of millimeters as i cross to close on the opponent.

do various full hop zoning patterns on the walking cpu for 10-20sec.

Practice all forms of leaving platform with peach.

practice different DJ swing baits i use, ensuring that my float heights are within 1cm of what i want to select when exiting the dodge.

pick random spots offstage, visualize the fox being there firefoxing run off throw the turnip, drop finish, etc.

combo my opponent vertically. practice turnip combos on the opponent while they are in the air. Practice rapid FC nairs low.

practice momentum shifts on floats while visualizing various zoning moves that i have to beat.
practice Shield movement, retreating floats out of shield.

practice dashdancing and moving while interspersing low floats and sh aerials. practice platform combos off upthrow at various percents.
I practice a lot of setups into various turnip snipe edgeguarding practice.

i'm sure there is more, but i'm so confident of a lot of the old stuff that I don't practice it. Honestly the hardest thing on the list is probably still hitting turnips when a fastfall is required and making sure float heights are exactly what they need to be off of a fastfall in a full/DJ. Honestly even a cm off from the selected height on a float is gamebreaking at higher level.

to me, the most annoying things in tourney are dying from burning my float on a DJ if i miss the DJ timing and having the opponent win an exchange even though my read was correct because the spacing/height of my float was wrong. and those are followed closely by misjudging the current amount of momentum i have, causing me to misspace.

The Cooldown: finally, switch to marth, practice fine dashdance control and more zoning stuff with fair, then switch to pikachu and practice cool gimp combos (never forget to walk it off, you don't want to pull a muscle)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This isn't specific to Peach, but it's been psychologically proven that if you take breaks between practicing anything, you will do better at it. I'd say at least a half hour would be good after a while. Let your brain and fingers rest a bit

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
I usually just practice everything against level 3 fox, I don't do a lot of practice against cpu's however, seeing as I go to tournaments every Friday, see if you can find more tournaments around your area.

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
Movement should always be the first thing to learn with any character. You should be able to land every wave dash. Practice dd/wding around the stage. Once you're good at that practice fast / low float canceled nairs/bairs/uairs. Then do them out of shield. Play cpu fox and just practice the basic ledgeguarding techniques.

wtf_mike

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-0602-3991
I like to practice up throw chain grabs with Fox. It's not much of a stretch getting the timing down from an actual opponent di-ing

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you set the CPU to evade they will DI the furthest away.

Also the new 20xx hack pack has random DI inputs

Top Bottom