• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Double Jump Land problem

SquillyP

Smash Rookie
In Melee, Peach can use the dip of her double jump to land when she is right above a platform.

With PM Peach, the timing is much more strict, while also requiring Peach's body to be inside the platform somewhat.

If you double jump right above the platform in PM, her character model will touch the stage, but she will not go into the land animation like she will in Melee.

Not so much a bug, but a small oversight that ends up making an unintuitive and unnecessarily difficult change to Peach's platform game.

SquillyP

Smash Rookie
I can sure try! Not too familiar with the 20xx pack and PM debug mode though. I'll get on it tomorrow.

How would you want me to go about it? Should I just full hop under a Battlefield platform > enter frame advance > then compare the frame windows of both full hops where she can DJL on it?

SquillyP

Smash Rookie
Back with some info:

In PM: Peach can successfully DJL on a Battlefield platform on frames 21-22 of her full hop.

I wasn't able to do frame advance in the 20xx pack though. My debug menu, for some strange reason, doesn't work like everyone else's and comes up to a way different looking screen that only lets me change hitstun colors/flashing on L-cancel.

Top Bottom