• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Critique Thread

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie
I see this for other characters but not on peach's smashboards forum so I figured I would suggest adding a critique my peach thread to the pinned section so people can put their vods in there for critique so that other people can find it to critique them or learn from the analyses of higher level players. Please do this as I have my own vods that I would like to get critiqued :)

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
there are many critique threads but they're all buried. usually someone just posts their own vods asking for advice. post some of yours and we'll try to help out

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie
I just thought it would be a good idea to pin one so its centralized and that way if I wanted to go back to any other players sets to help review it or learn from other people's reviews of it, it would be way easier to find instead of having to dig through the entire forums to find them one by one

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
I just thought it would be a good idea to pin one so its centralized and that way if I wanted to go back to any other players sets to help review it or learn from other people's reviews of it, it would be way easier to find instead of having to dig through the entire forums to find them one by one
that means you are asking me to pin this thread?

lets first see if it gets some discussion i guess

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
I do not have the capabilities to record myself play with others until I go to an actual tournament, but I do my best to comment and try to improve my discernment of things (aka what peach is doing, what opponent is doing). Also like to see Peach players improve as a whole. I love watching Armada play, but trying to implement his tactics and play are harder as opposed to trying to pick up new tricks from other mains.

So here are my pros:
Less clutter
Less researching
More availability
More assistance and advice

And Cons:
Basically I can only see one thing wrong, and that is the critique may not be personal. Like someone could post a video and receive little feedback before someone else posts a video a day later and closes the other person's "critique time" out.

ctrlaltdefeat

Smash Rookie
from the first set i saw a few things..
1)When you know that upair isnt going to kill fox and you cant combo off of it just nair him
2) the turnip at 40 seconds of set 1 is super good but you can easily get the kill if you just float towards him and A) nair instant side b or B) fair him out of up B..dont be afraid to go out and hit him :)
3) you dont always have to air dodge out of up throw up air but good job doing that consistently! really good foxes will be able to hunt you down afterwards or will just start baiting it out
4) at 3:51 i would either hold your last turnip and bair him then drop down throw the turnip or pull another one after the bair
5) you got shine spiked a lot by the fox if you think hes gonna keep going for it you can just hold float a bit longer and come at him with a nair or uair as you approach ledge
6) when youre establishing float against fox (on fd example: 9:43) you want to be a tiny bit higher than that second float because they can still short hop fair you out of that height

General stuff to work on:
Go back and watch exactly how armada edgeguards fox. you need to be as consistent as possible at edgeguarding in this MU if you want to win
Also i noticed this throughout both sets but theres a little work to do at moving as soon as possible out of the endlag of your moves

Good stuff:
I thought your spacing in neutral was fairly good for the most part
nice mixups when you did get the fox into shield

Top Bottom