• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

MacD

Banned via Administration
well DoH is poor cause his house caught on fire

vanz is like..... poor and/or busy

and i'm just a lame butt so maybe the hand of darkness

Cia

das kwl
I just didn't sign up for EVO because I didn't want fly all the way to Vegas for Melee side tournament. I had no idea it was going to get as big as it did but tbh, I still wouldn't have gone.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Peach mains! I have a question for you all. I've been into smash for awhile now, but am still unsure of my main. I'm considering Peach, but I would like you all to tell me why I should use Peach over the other characters.

I saw Armada get kinda destroyed by Dr.Peepee at Evo... Was Armada having an off day? Does Falco counter Peach? Has Dr.Peepee figured out a weakness in Peach?

If I do decide to main peach, I want to know its a good choice.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Armada has quit smash and just came back for evo. So he was a bit rusty and wasnt playing on point. Also you shouldnt judge a match up by one set. there are enough sets where armada is destroying all kinds of falco players.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I see. Hopefully he comes back... I think we'll all miss Armada too much :(

So, is it just because Armada is at another level? Or is Peach really capable of beating all the other top tier characters?

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Choose a character because you like the feel of the character and don't look to blaming the character if something goes wrong.

Top tiers can beat other top tiers if the player is good enough, just improve yourself.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Hi, Peach mains! I have a question for you all. I've been into smash for awhile now, but am still unsure of my main. I'm considering Peach, but I would like you all to tell me why I should use Peach over the other characters.

I saw Armada get kinda destroyed by Dr.Peepee at Evo... Was Armada having an off day? Does Falco counter Peach? Has Dr.Peepee figured out a weakness in Peach?

If I do decide to main peach, I want to know its a good choice.
Maining peach is a good choice. It will get you rather far at low level, and she will give you the capacity to keep up with high level play. However, the skills required for low level play and those required for high level play are very different, and it's easy to get frustrated when playing peach against people you think of as "better than you".
If you're hoping to make "the best choice", main a spacie. You'll get 0-deathed by the rest of the cast, but you'll be getting ***** while playing the best character(s) in the game. But by the numbers & tournament results, they're clearly the best.
Still, that's not to discount the fact that Armada rose to the absolute peak of competitive melee with Peach, only switching characters for one matchup against one player. Quite a feat, even considering the switch.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
It's mostly being super annoying because Jiggs is just a bit better in everything, and therefore you can't guide the match into areas where Peach has an advantage. Even against characters who have a rather good matchup against Peach, it's usually not that they are superior everywhere. E.g. CF... sure he has a definite advantage in neutral... but we do clearly have an advantage when it comes to edgeguarding.
Against Puff? I don't see anything, you have to play your opponents game, and be better at it than he is.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Recently got back into Smash, found out about a somewhat local and small scene so I'm gonna try and make my mark in it. Of course, it's Melee so I have a lot of new stuff and habits to pick up. :}

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You have projectiles and a wonky double jump to help out space puff. Y'all need to stop complaining

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I'm so bad at that matchup it doesn't even matter for the result whether I am sober or barely able to walk to the setup/
(went to a tourney this weekend, lost to a puff in bracket (where I was sober), faced him again in crews (where I had had quite a few beers) and every match ended with me taking three, but not four stocks :D)

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
yo for anyone who's gonna be sick at home this weekend, there's a tourney in my province happening this Sat/Sun on twitch.tv/ssbuniversity
stream monster all day and watch my peach get... idk... bodied

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Just want to say good show to everyone who repped the princess at TBH4!
Also, MacD and VaNz, your "hand warmers" were hilarious.

Thor

Smash Champion
Ok this thread hasn't been used in a month... I don't feel like making a thread if this glitch is already known but I figured I'd post about it somewhere. It's pretty much never going to be relevant to a competition but I think it's worth at least bringing up (it would start to matter if Armada pulled a stitch, it got caught, but then Armada recaught it, and so on).

I am much better than the people on my dorm floor, so we do a lot of derpy things when people don't feel like matches (classic example is only Falcon Punch vs only Warlock Punch and Ganondorf utilt). Well, we decided to have a Peach-only battle, where our only attacks were throwing turnips (And if we each went for it and someone got nair'd or dash attacked or jabbed, whatever). The catch - we could only have one turnip out between both players at a time. So it was playing catch, essentially (stitchfaces were interesting...)

So we noticed something bizzare - the catch range on the turnip increased the more it was thrown [that is, the more it was thrown and caught, the farther horizontally you could be from the turnip while still hitting A or Z to catch it), to the point that if we stood at opposite ends of the top DL platform (we did it on the base of DL, but were each underneath it), eventually, the Peach that was catching could input a catch command with the turnip not even close (like in the middle) and it would... well, teleport into her hand (it simply ceased to exist where it was and was in her hand). The turnips of course would eventually run out of air time, and would vanish in a poof, but with a Mr. Saturn the same occurrence occurred, and it was even more notable (and since he lasts longer, we went about as far as we could throw it, and my opponent was literally mashing A and catching turnips and throwing them back). Has this effect been documented elsewhere?

I have no idea if this also applies vertically or not, and if it works with anyone but Peach vs Peach.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
It's known. For whatever reason, the box of where you can grab these things doubles in size (or sth around that) for every time it is caught.
Happens in every matchup, applies vertically as well.

Thor

Smash Champion
It's known. For whatever reason, the box of where you can grab these things doubles in size (or sth around that) for every time it is caught.
Happens in every matchup, applies vertically as well.
Cool to know it exactly doubles. So if someone catches your bob-omb and throws it back, you have twice the margin of error to catch it they did (and then they get double that)? Interesting... good to know that if I catch an item, I should think twice about throwing it back.

Cuno

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here

Ok, so in practice I can float cancel Nair OOS pretty much every time, but when I go to locals my inputs speed up and I keep spot dodging :( help please

Cuno

Smash Rookie
That's what I'm working on :p I'm still getting over tournament nerves at the moment. And I don't have a lot of good people to play against living close to me

Cuno

Smash Rookie
Question.. Is it worth it to learn claw? I've gotten very comfortable with standard. What benefits are there? I'm really wanting to improve, and if the way I'm playing now will limit me in the future I want to change now.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Question.. Is it worth it to learn claw? I've gotten very comfortable with standard. What benefits are there? I'm really wanting to improve, and if the way I'm playing now will limit me in the future I want to change now.
Benefits of claw are that you have one finger dedicated to the face buttons and one to the c-stick. Don't know much more than that because I don't use it personally.
Try claw if you want, but play with whatever you feel comfortable with.

Cuno

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'll just stick with standard. I've been playing seriously for just over 2 years, and now I'm starting to be able to beat people above me. Right now i'm about 20th in my local PR, and trying hard to improve.

Top Bottom