• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Para La Gloria - Latin American Threats At Genesis 3

Genesis three currently has over 3,100 players registered and the international talent set to attend for every game in the series is at some of the highest ever seen. Mexico is sending some incredible players, but what about the rest of Latin America? From Brazil to Puerto Rico here are the biggest threats currently registered for Genesis 3!

Smash 64

Brazil has been known for having great Smash 64 players for quite some time but with travel costs they can't often attend events in the United States. Thanks to the Smash 64 player fund many more are coming for Smash 64 than ever before!

Country | Name | Mains | Notable Achievements
| Rith | :pikachu64:/:jigglypuff64: | Funded by the Smash 64 player fund to attend. Has placed well in many Brazillian tournaments
| Lorenzo | :dk64: | Part of the Cafil crew . A strong DK.
| Kort | :link64:/:kirby64: | Funded by the Smash 64 player fund to attend. Part of the Cafil crew . Has placed top 5 in 13 Brazillian tournaments
| Jason | :falcon64: | Part of the Cafil crew . A strong Captain Falcon.
| Banze | :pikachu64: | Funded by the Smash 64 player fund to attend. Apex 2013 (13th) Apex 2014 (13th) Apex 2015 (9th)
| Shalaka | :pikachu64: | Funded by the Smash 64 player fund to attend. One of the best from Chile.

Melee​

LK, and S@nt are registered to play from Puerto Rico and Rollock fro Brazil, but there are even heavier hitters set to compete. Both are not often seen in the states but when they come they have shown strong performances.

| Eval | :peachmelee: | EVO 2015 (65th) CEO 2015 (33rd) Evo 2013 (65th) Pound 4 Melee (Doubles 17th) Evo World 2007 (9th)
| Aisengobay | :foxmelee: | Apex 2014 (Doubles 17th) Apex 2015 (65th) UFSmash Brazil (1st) MIOM Hidden Boss

Smash for Wii U

The newest Smash title has attracted many from Latin America who are coming to the United States to make a mark for their respective countries. POX is coming from Puerto Rico, VeXx is coming from Venezuela, Gonzaloren from Peru, and Emanos from Brazil. If that's not enough there are even more names coming expected to make an even bigger splash.

| S@nt | :4tlink:/:4pikachu:| Power ranked #2 in Puerto Rico
| EKing | :4mario:/:4sheik:/:4ryu:| Power ranked #5 in Puerto Rico
| Player 7 | :4sheik: | Has not lost a prized tournament in Brazil since Smash 4's release.
| WiiBrawlin Joaco | :4sheik: | Recently sponsored by WiiBrawlin . Has taken sets off Seibrik, MVD, and Xaltis.

---​

As it is very plain to see Latin America is sure to make a serious dent in all of the brackets at Genesis 3. But what will their final results be at Genesis 3? Be sure to sound off in the comments below and to learn more about talent outside the United states set to attend be sure to check out our preview for Mexico's Smash threats. Don't forget to stay tuned to Smashboards for more Genesis 3 previews as the event draws near.

Want a player interviewed live at Genesis 3? Nominate a player and give questions to ask by filling out this form and SmashCapps will interview them live on Periscope at the event!

Last edited:

Comments

Aisengobay and Player 7 are not coming. Only 75$ and 0$ were donated to them on the /r/ compendium. They were just registred in case of presence.

Aisengobay and Player 7 are not coming. Only 75$ and 0$ were donated to them on the /r/ compendium. They were just registred in case of presence.
From Brazil to Puerto Rico here are the biggest threats currently registered for Genesis 3!
Some may still make other plans or attempt other funding attempts. Even if they don't, the article is ready for that.

Hey, this is Rollock here, im actually from Brazil, so if possible can you guys change that xD, thank you inb4.

First reading the title, I thought South America was threatening G3, like "THIS TOURNAMENT BETTER BE CANCELLED IF NOT WE BOMB CALI" or something like that.

Its nice to see more players from around the world coming but why is Puerto Rico listed as Latin American when it is a United States territory and all Puerto Rican born citizens are USA citizens? Seems odd to me despite Puerto Rico's location. Might as well call Alaskans Canadians.

Its nice to see more players from around the world coming but why is Puerto Rico listed as Latin American when it is a United States territory and all Puerto Rican born citizens are USA citizens? Seems odd to me despite Puerto Rico's location. Might as well call Alaskans Canadians.
Because culturally, Puerto Rico is closer to Latin America? Latin America isn't some sort of official coalition of countries, so the comparison to Canada/Alaska makes no sense.

I mean, we're still Latino.

Anyways, I'm def excited to see some PR rep at these tournaments. I'll be looking out for them, especially since one of them seems to be a Pika main!

They removed Eval's MIOM Hidden Boss Status at Eval – 86th.
I guess they decided he doesn't need it? lol.
And noticed they updated Sants spot to #2 instead of 1.

Top Bottom