• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Probably not, unless a massive crowd of demand for Lip comes to notice to Sakurai.
What we should though is tell IS to bring back the fairies in the game to make Puzzle League appealing again.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Probably not, unless a massive crowd of demand for Lip comes to notice to Sakurai.
Which is unlikely, but still possible. We only need to get enough people interested in the game. The Pokémon Puzzle Challenge Miiverse community seems like a good jumping off place (it should be obvious why).

Hong

The Strongest
Seren-senpai, please laugh at me more. Crush my self-esteem.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I've got some great news for you all Panel De Poppers. Lip's Theme is back in the Wii U Version!!

I was so irritated and upset that it wasn't in the 3DS version, it made it seem like Lip and Panel De Pon all together was heavily ignored. But i am so relieved that at least her awesome theme song is back in the Wii U version!

Now, still hopin' for that Lip trophy.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Not very surprising, considering they could have just ported it over from Brawl (and probably did), but still nice to hear. I wouldn't get too hopeful about that trophy though, considering, well, everything about the past seven years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Figured it doesn't hurt to show this here, too.
No release for that particular import yet, though. Sorry to say. There's still stuff that needs to be adressed, namely lag issues.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not very surprising, considering they could have just ported it over from Brawl (and probably did), but still nice to hear. I wouldn't get too hopeful about that trophy though, considering, well, everything about the past seven years.
Considering the past seven years, and considering we have a trophy of Fat Mac... yeah, I think Lip WILL get a trophy. They already have a model from Captain Rainbow and everything.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Figured it doesn't hurt to show this here, too..
They both look great! I don't get the duck, though.

Considering the past seven years, and considering we have a trophy of Fat Mac... yeah, I think Lip WILL get a trophy. They already have a model from Captain Rainbow and everything.
I don't know. Nintendo has been pretty adamant about making sure the fairies don't get anything outside of the odd Virtual Console rerelease lately. At best, we'll probably get a passing mention in Fat Mac's trophy description, and that's if we're lucky.

I wish I could be more optimistic about this, but all of my hopes for anything related to the fairies have been crushed so many times over by now that I really don't see the point in looking forward to anything. Simply put, unless something really drastic happens (read: Panel de Pon DLC or a reboot or something), we're not playing as Lip again outside of all 0 completed fan games so far.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They both look great! I don't get the duck, though.

I don't know. Nintendo has been pretty adamant about making sure the fairies don't get anything outside of the odd Virtual Console rerelease lately. At best, we'll probably get a passing mention in Fat Mac's trophy description, and that's if we're lucky.

I wish I could be more optimistic about this, but all of my hopes for anything related to the fairies have been crushed so many times over by now that I really don't see the point in looking forward to anything. Simply put, unless something really drastic happens (read: Panel de Pon DLC or a reboot or something), we're not playing as Lip again outside of all 0 completed fan games so far.
I don't expect to be able to play as Lip in Smash, but I do expect a trophy. That's all I expect. Don't call me optimistic. I'm very pessimistic about Panel de Pon content at this point, but not even having a trophy, despite Lip's Theme being in the game and Lip having a working 3D model? I don't buy it, sorry.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Funny how I do want more content from Panel de Pon for Super Smash Bros. in the same way I want content from Puyo Puyo for the Sega & All-Stars series. The only difference is that Puyo Puyo did already happen for Sega Superstars for the Playstation 2, where one of the minigames involved sorting different colored Puyos in their respective bins by shifting your arms around, but then the series was weirdly dropped for later installments.

I seem to have a weird association with puzzle games with adorable characters.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Puyo Puyo fans have it lucky, in a sense. As much as Western fans of that series get the short end of the stick, at least Sega isn't so downright terrified of letting their characters show up in any context within their home series. At least they got a few games unedited. We're still waiting for Lip and friends to appear in English without some panicky, backwards-thinking executive automatically assuming leaving them in will kill any profits - and from the looks of things, we're going to be waiting a loooong time.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Puyo Puyo fans have it lucky, in a sense. As much as Western fans of that series get the short end of the stick, at least Sega isn't so downright terrified of letting their characters show up in any context within their home series. At least they got a few games unedited. We're still waiting for Lip and friends to appear in English without some panicky, backwards-thinking executive automatically assuming leaving them in will kill any profits - and from the looks of things, we're going to be waiting a loooong time.
You'd think that Nintendo would try to invest in bringing back Panel De Pon, with Lip and her friends. Now that they are heavily trying to appeal to the female demographic, in both the west and east in fact.

And this.

Lip would make such a great poster child for this side of Nintendo's marketing, the reason she was taken out of the international version of her game was because Nintendo of America wanted the game to appeal to both genders right? But now that they are a lot more invested in the female demographic it's the perfect opportunity to bring back Lip. And they haven't forgotten her, she appears in Captain Rainbow, her theme song was in Brawl and now again and Smash 4 and her game is even on the Wii U Virtual Console.

It just boils down to that Nintendo is playing it way too safe with what franchises they promote to the audience, they probably think Lip is "too obscure". So they just decide to slap on some Mario characters instead.

Upsets me greatly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You'd think that Nintendo would try to invest in bringing back Panel De Pon, with Lip and her friends. Now that they are heavily trying to appeal to the female demographic, in both the west and east in fact.

And this.

Lip would make such a great poster child for this side of Nintendo's marketing, the reason she was taken out of the international version of her game was because Nintendo of America wanted the game to appeal to both genders right? But now that they are a lot more invested in the female demographic it's the perfect opportunity to bring back Lip. And they haven't forgotten her, she appears in Captain Rainbow, her theme song was in Brawl and now again and Smash 4 and her game is even on the Wii U Virtual Console.

It just boils down to that Nintendo is playing it way too safe with what franchises they promote to the audience, they probably think Lip is "too obscure". So they just decide to slap on some Mario characters instead.

Upsets me greatly.
Splatoon is very cutesy as well and is heavily promoting the female characters more often. I mean, its a shooting game, but its done in a very lighthearted fashion with cute designs for the characters. It makes me sour about Nintendo's dealing with Panel de Pon in the past... I heard that IS was talking about reviving their franchises back around E3, I really want them to revive Panel de Pon, WITH the fairies of course, AND have NoA location it WITH the fairies. Seriously.

So um, guys.

Lip as a DLC? I guess because this thread was moved back here due it's dawning, but yeah.
If IS continues Panel de Pon, I'd say Lip would be a near-guarantee in my eyes. I just don't think its happening anytime soon, but I really would like it to.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

And this.

Upsets me greatly.
What I personally think Nintendo needs to do is get their IPs out their to mobile markets. That is what stole the Blue Market strategy, the demographic of gamers who didn't know they were gamers. Nintendo is addressing the use of their biggest selling point, their rich characters, very well lately- with tons of crossovers (MK8, Pokken Fighters), Historically Rich content (NES Remix, even loading screens with 8bit nosalgia), and the launch of amiibos.

What would be great is if they reached out to a new market in mobile gamers with games such as Panel de Pon to expand their customer base. It isnt as if having games on a cell phone will hurt the 3DS gamers.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926

And this.

Upsets me greatly.
In fairness, who did you think they'd pick to represent the Nintendo Girl's Club? A prominent character from their flagship franchise and who is immediately associable with the company, or a relatively small-time one who's only rarely been seen (officially) outside her home country?

Still, though, it's kind of ridiculous they apparently haven't considered reviving the fairy characters as part of their campaign to draw a female audience (they'd especially draw in younger ones! Seriously, there are so many marketing opportunities you're missing out on here, guys!). It especially stings when you consider that when you get right down to it, only Nintendo has the ability to fix the obscurity of Panel de Pon and its characters. They're deliberately choosing not to, and I really hope that changes soon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In fairness, who did you think they'd pick to represent the Nintendo Girl's Club? A prominent character from their flagship franchise and who is immediately associable with the company, or a relatively small-time one who's only rarely been seen (officially) outside her home country?

Still, though, it's kind of ridiculous they apparently haven't considered reviving the fairy characters as part of their campaign to draw a female audience (they'd especially draw in younger ones! Seriously, there are so many marketing opportunities you're missing out on here, guys!). It especially stings when you consider that when you get right down to it, only Nintendo has the ability to fix the obscurity of Panel de Pon and its characters. They're deliberately choosing not to, and I really hope that changes soon.
Where did you see Peach chosen as the spokesperson for this, because those videos you quoted did not seem to have any spokesperson at all.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Where did you see Peach chosen as the spokesperson for this, because those videos you quoted did not seem to have any spokesperson at all.
I didn't name Peach specifically, but her crown is in the logo.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
In the end, does it really matter? The point here is that Lip is not being used to advertise this program, but easily could.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
So is anybody else getting Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on Virtual Console to support the franchise and show that there's still interest? I actually bought the game myself, and was pretty darn excited to see the secret Panel De Pon mode was still left in the game!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Oh, so Lip's theme is back? Not that I didn't expect it, but it's nice to be assured.

On an unrelated note, good to see you're back,@Young Horsetail. Btw, for some reason I'm not on the supporter's list. Mind if I'm added?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So is anybody else getting Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on Virtual Console to support the franchise and show that there's still interest? I actually bought the game myself, and was pretty darn excited to see the secret Panel De Pon mode was still left in the game!
I don't have a 3DS, otherwise I'd gladly buy it. I'll take anything Panel de Pon-related. Granted, I can't stand Pokemon, but whatever, I'd still take it anyway because its Panel de Pon.

vZakat

Half Genie
I don't have a 3ds and I have the actually cartridge of pokemon puzzle challenge so I'm not getting it. I prefer the console versions over the handheld versions anyways.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think puzzle games are better off on handhelds, but that's just me.

I just hope the 3DS gets its own PdP/Puzzle League that fixes the physics problems with Planet and incorporates things that were missing like 3D Mode.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think puzzle games are better off on handhelds, but that's just me.

I just hope the 3DS gets its own PdP/Puzzle League that fixes the physics problems with Planet and incorporates things that were missing like 3D Mode.
I prefer consoles period, but puzzle games generally are nice on handhelds because you can take them on the go and play a quick session. Consoles tend to be better for longer games like RPG's that aren't easy to break away from.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Firstly, I formally request that somebody add me to the Panel Poppers, if you please.

Secondly, I came up with my own Lip moveset some time ago and embellished it a little after seeing yours.
Its still about 90% mine, but I'll give credit where its due.

I only have an entrance animation, specials, taunts, and custom specials for now.
Hope you like it, enjoy!

Edit: Decided to alter PanePon's timer.

~Lip~

~Stats~
Size: 1/10 - Olimar-sized, minus the bubble helmet, ponytail reaches approximately the same height as the light on his helmet
Weight: 2/10 -Slightly heavier than Jigglypuff
Power: 2/10 - Weakest character in terms of raw damage percentage and has fairly low knockback all-around
Speed: 6/10 - A little faster than Mario
Jump: 9/10 - Slightly shorter jumps than Falco's, but more noticeable due to her smaller size.
Aerial Momentum: 9/10 - A little bit slower than Wario in the air
Versatility: 10/10 - Quite possibly the most complex Smash character, due to her puzzle game origins

Entrance Animation: A 2-D rainbow sprite appears with a 2-D Lip sprite riding down it like a slide towards the screen. Once it comes closer it cuts through the "dimensional barrier" between the 2D and 3D realm, with both the rainbow and Lip becoming HD models after this point.
She does a small flip off of the end of the raibow and lands while holding her stick aloft and winking to the players, letting out a little "Ikuso!" (literally "Let's go!")

~Specials~
Neutral Special - PanePon: Summons "PanePon" blocks (like Kirby's "smiling brick" Stone form, which is actually a Panel de Pon Garbage Block) at the touch of a button.
-How it Works-
The blocks appear about 3 Lip's high above the ground and a little in front of her before falling down in a manner similar to Kirby's Stone.
Holding the button cycles through different Pons, allowing you to choose the one that you want in a manner similar to Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit, except instead of having a definitive end to your choice it cycles back around to the first PanePon. Each of the different blocks have a separate fall speed, damage, and various other effects. After a PanePon has been dropped it'll become the new default type that the list starts on if used again.
If used in the air it significantly slows down Lip's descent.
-Limits-
Can be used rapid-fire style to drop up to 3 PanePon at once, but can be stacked up to 6 Pons tall if used in conjunction with jumping or from a higher platform over a lower one.
Pons can also be made into multiple stacks so long as the total on the battlefield does not excede 6, newer Pons created after the 6th one will delete previously placed Pons from oldest to newest.
On top of that, the PanePons have a shared timer before vanishing, so the more Pons on the screen at a time the quicker they will disappear.
A single PanePon on the screen will last 18 seconds, but each additional one created subtracts 3 seconds while simultaneously rounding the timer up to the nearest 3 seconds.
1 Pon = 18 seconds, 2 = 15 seconds, 3 = 12 seconds, etc., up to a total of 6 Pons at 3 seconds.
If you already have 6 PanePons out you can continue to make more, but they don't subtract time OR round up the timer again, meaning that they will all vanish 5 seconds after the 6th one was made.
-Attributes-
The Pons act as a physical wall, blocking movement and projectiles, but can also be wall-jumped off of or wall stuck to, and can be used as a fully physical platform to boot. They can even be ledge grabbed if far enough off of the ground or in mid-air!
Pons that are hit with any number of attacks that cause AT LEAST 10% total damage to them will slide one Pon width horizontally in that direction, and then fall if it was in the air.
Any attack from Lip causes this instantly.
Pons can be forcefully slid via attacks if they are adjacent to another Pon or other wall-like obstacle.
-Chains-
If there are ever at least 3 of the same PanePon type touching in a row either vertically or horizontally they will glow and then burst, dealing damage per block in the Chain and decent knockback to anyone in contact with or the immediate vicinity of the Pons, excluding Lip. Chains also do considerable Shield damage when blocked, the damage increasing per block with a 5 block Chain being an instant Shield breaking attack.
ie; a 3 Heart Pon Chain will deal 13.5% (4% from below*3 blocks) to any enemies near any of the blocks, and a 5-hit Diamond Chain will do 20% (4*5).
If Lip is standing on top of a Pon that is part of a Chain when it blows then she will basically perform a Super Jump that is about double her normal jump height.
Creating "PanePon Chains" will build up the strength and size of Lip's Garbage Block PanePon.
Chains can also Meteor Smash from above.
-PanePon Types-
Heart: Default, does 9% Pounding damage and 4.5% Chain damage.
Circle: Falls slowly, does 7% Pounding damage and 5% Chain damage. Chain's explosion lasts for a shorter duration.
Diamond: Falls fast, does 11% Pounding damage and 4% Chain damage. Chain's explosion lasts for a longer duration.
Yellow Star: Same as Heart damage-wise, but has a larger Chain burst effect and also damages Lip if she is in the vicinity. Chain deals a little less Shield damage as well.
Triangle: Same as Heart damage-wise, but any character standing on the block has decreased gravity, making them have less weight when knockback is taken into account and also granting higher jumps.
Moving on it has a slippery ice effect.
Upside-down Triangle: Same as Heart damage-wise, but any character standing on the block has increased gravity, making them have more weight when knockback is taken into account and also granting shorter jumps.
Movement speed while on the blocks is also decreased.
Grey [!] Block: 7% pounding damage and 4% Chain damage. Volatile, explodes when hit and destroys any nearby PanePon, counting it all as a consecutive Chain. [!] block's Chain damage overrides other Chain damage. Chain's explosion lasts for a shorter duration and the Chain deals a little less Shield damage as well.
Garbage Block: Twice the horizontal size of regular blocks, does 20% pounding damage but can't be chained except via an [!] block. Has about triple the starting lag of other PanePons, but can still rapid-fire 3 of them after the lag.
If used within the same timer as a Chain then its damage, knockback, and size all double, making it into an incredibly powerful K.O. move at a whopping 40%!
Unlike other PanePons that can be moved with attacks or Panel Swap, Garbage Blocks are immobile after landing and can't be ledge grabbed.

Side Special - Panel Swap: Lip creates a large two-box cursor, one box in front of her and the other around herself.
It floats in place for about 3 seconds before disappearing.
While it is floating it can be moved up, down, forward, or backward 1 PanePon length at a time until time's up and it vanishes.
Pressing A or B at any point while the cursor is on-screen will instantly swap any character, PanePon, projectile, or item contained in one box with the other while keeping their momentum.
This allows Lip to counter projectiles by using Panel Swap to trade places with it and allowing it to continue its trajectory past her, or to swap places with an edge guarding foe, or to create easier PanePon chains.
If used without moving the cursor it allows Lip to move forward with a tiny teleport dash, referred to as "Swap Dashing".
If used on the ground it is similar to a shorter length forward Dodge Roll, but keeps Lip facing forward.
It can even be quickly used in the air up to 3 times to boost her horizontal recovery, but sends her into a free fall once used.
If B is pressed then Panel Swap ends immediately after the switch, but A can be used to make as many switches as desired until the 3 second time limit is up.
When used in the air Lip continues to fall, but at a reduced speed.

Up Special - Watabou: Lip pulls out Watabou; a tiny white-round-fluffy dandelion-creature-thing, which takes off with Lip hanging on.
He doesn't inflict any direct damage or knockback, but its basically a shorter duration version of Pit's old Power of Flight, so its good for recovery. Lip also has Heavy Armor while using Watabou.
While flying, Watabou produces a short-range rain of pollen that causes tripping to enemies below, even if they're shielding.
After the flight ends, Watabou pops like a scattered dandelion and Lip flips off of his stem-body with a stomping-style fast-plummeting freefall with Superarmor.
Any characters that come into physical contact with Lip during this stomp will immediately be Footstooled, regardless of the direction of the point of contact, practically warping under her feet.
The Superarmor disappears after a successful Footstool and cancels Lip's free fall animation, allowing her to act with anything besides Watabou again, including Panel Swap.
Watabou can also be dismounted early by pressing the B button.

Down Special - Fairy Blossom: A charge move where Lip holds her stick aloft and concentrates solar energy into the tip.
Charge time can be saved by dodging or shielding, and saved charge can be seen by a glowing effect around the stick's tip.
If it goes without charging for some time it will gradually lose its charge (starts decresing after 5 consecutive chargeless seconds at a rate of 1 charge second per second).
After 10 total seconds of charge time, Lip's Stick blooms, causing a powerful burst of energy in front of her that inflicts 20% with high knockback in a fairly large circular area.
For the next 10 seconds all of Lip's normal attacks, throws, and even her grab pummel inflict the Lip's Stick status effect for continuous damage.
Once in bloom, the player can charge Fairy Blossom to add to the the Lip's Stick time limit, 1 second of charge time for an additional 1 second to the Lip's Stick time limit.
The time limit for Lip's Stick and the Fairy Blossom charge time will both reset to 0 prematurely if Lip is either K.O.'d or if she receives knockback while charging up Fairy Blossom.
If attacked charging any of Lip's Down Specials the knockback she takes is slightly increased, but any any damage she takes when fu

~Taunts~
*Each of Lip's Taunts secretly increase her Fairy Blossom charge time by 1 second.
^ Taunt: Lip hops up into a twisty breeze, spinning in place once while dropping flower petals.
Once she finishes spinning she faces completely frontward towards the players and holds her stick up while shouting an echoing "Nintendo!"

<> Taunt: Lip plucks a tiny flower and sniffs it, but suddenly she sneezes, blowing the petals off of the poor little flower.
The sneeze creates a tiny wind hitbox that slightly pushes her opponents and even reflects projectiles!

v Taunt: A large sunflower suddenly blooms under Lip, she sits on it while cradling her head in her hands and slowly kicking her feet while humming.
She stays in this position for as long as v Taunt is held, and it makes her immune to grounded attacks like Green Shells and down tilts.
When released the sunflower sinks into the ground and she gets off of it, dusting herself off.
Pretty laggy when ending.

~Custom Specials~
Neutral Special 2 - SlowPon:
Works just like the regular PanePon special, except:
-Only 3 blocks at a time.
-No rapid-fire feature.
-They fall SUUUPER SLOOOOW, allowing you to create floating platforms out of them.
-Because they fall so slowly there is no "pounding" damage, instead Chain damage for each type of PanePon is twice as powerful.
-Timer is only 3 seconds total, resets for each new PanePon placed until the 3rd, then it just deletes the oldest for each new one and they all disappear 3 seconds after the 3rd Pon was formed.
-Any character on top of a block when the timer hits zero and the blocks disappear she will go into a special fall. If Lip is in the air when the timer reaches zero she will be unable to use SlowPon until she touches ground again.

Neutral Special 3 - BombPon: Works just like the regular PanePon except:
-All PanePon explode 1.5 seconds after being set as if in a Chain.
-It can rapid-fire.
-Placing a new PanePon resets the 1.5 second timer until the 6th one, then it just replaces older ones and they all explode 1.5 seconds after the 6th one was placed.
-No "pounding" damage, instead they create a slight vacuum effect upon hitting the ground and Chain damage is *1.5 times as powerful with an increased Chain Burst size, and all Pon Chains can also damage Lip.
-Twice the starting lag of the other Pon moves, as Lip's friend Flare appears to touch the Pon to grant it her explosive powers.

Side Special 2: Flip Swap: Exactly like Panel Swap, except that it also flips around anything caught within the swap as if it was hit by Mario's Cape.

Side Special 3: Trick Swap: Exactly like Panel Swap, except:
-Slightly longer startup, as Lip's friend Sherbet appears and freezes the cursor with her breath.
-Only lasts 1.5 seconds and can't be moved.
-Holding forward swaps Lip with something in front of her, backward swaps behind her, up swaps above her, and down swaps below her, no input leaves her in place.
-Pressing A or B makes the swap happen instantly, otherwise it happens once the 1.5 seconds are up.
-Can only be used in the air twice, but Lip pauses in mid-air while swapping, and Lip still goes into a free fall afterward.
-After the move finishes, the cursor plummets and shatters as a weak knockback ice projectile for 7%.

Up Special 2 - Mighty Watabou: Exactly as the original, except:
-Watabou is twice as big and can be Footstooled off of, but it doesn't cause any ill effect to Watabou or Lip, also flies at half speed but for twice as long. Lip has special armor unti she or Watabou take 25% damage,causing Lip to plummet.
-Mighty Watabou is immune to wind, water, vacuum, and flipping hitboxes.
-Mighty Watabou's pollen has a bigger range and puts to Sleep even through Shields rather than causing tripping.
-At the end, Lip Footstools off of Watabou which causes him to pop, so she can act immediately out of it but she loses out on her Superarmor Footstool.

Up Special 3 - Windy Ride: Lip's friend Windy appears on a cloud and pulls Lip along by her hand.
Has amazing horizontal movement and speed but a little lacking in terms of vertical recovery.
Lip still flips from Windy's hand for her usual Superarmor Footstool though, and the flip has more vertical height but less horizontal range than normal.

Down Special 2 - Fairy Duster: Exactly like Fairy Blossom except:
-Instead of inflicting Lip's Stick it lulls foes to Sleep with physical attacks.
-Timer for inflicting Sleep is 7 seconds instead of Fairy Blossom's 10 seconds.
-Hitting a Sleeping foe doesn't put them to Sleep again.
-Doesn't inflict Sleep off of throws or pummel.
-If it goes without charging for 3 consecutive chargeless seconds it'll depreciate charge time at a rate of 1 charge second per second.

Down Special 3 - Fairy Staff: Works exactly like Fairy Blossom except:
-Lip's friend Thiana appears to bless Lip's Stick, causing it to grow 150% its size for increased range.
-No attacks inflict status effects, instead all melee attacks using the stick inflict +2.5% damage and have increased priority for 10 seconds.
-Gains Superarmor while charging Smashes.
-If it goes without charging for 3 consecutive chargeless seconds it'll depreciate charge time at a rate of 1 charge second per second.

Edit: Hong, how on Earth did you read and like this less than 3 minutes after I posted it?! :4pacman:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Firstly, I formally request that somebody add me to the Panel Poppers, if you please.

Secondly, I came up with my own Lip moveset some time ago and embellished it a little after seeing yours.
Its still about 90% mine, but I'll give credit where its due.

I only have an entrance animation, specials, taunts, and custom specials for now.
Hope you like it, enjoy!

~Lip~

~Stats~
Size: 1/10 - Olimar-sized, minus the bubble helmet, ponytail reaches approximately the same height as the light on his helmet
Weight: 2/10 -Slightly heavier than Jigglypuff
Power: 2/10 - Weakest character in terms of raw damage percentage and has fairly low knockback all-around
Speed: 6/10 - A little faster than Mario
Jump: 9/10 - Slightly shorter jumps than Falco's, but more noticeable due to her smaller size.
Aerial Momentum: 9/10 - A little bit slower than Wario in the air
Versatility: 10/10 - Quite possibly the most complex Smash character, due to her puzzle game origins

Entrance Animation: A 2-D rainbow sprite appears with a 2-D Lip sprite riding down it like a slide towards the screen. Once it comes closer it cuts through the "dimensional barrier" between the 2D and 3D realm, with both the rainbow and Lip becoming HD models after this point.
She does a small flip off of the end of the raibow and lands while holding her stick aloft and winking to the players, letting out a little "Ikuso!" (literally "Let's go!")

~Specials~
Neutral Special - PanePon: Summons "PanePon" blocks (like Kirby's "smiling brick" Stone form, which is actually a Panel de Pon Garbage Block) at the touch of a button.
-How it Works-
The blocks appear about 3 Lip's high above the ground and a little in front of her before falling down in a manner similar to Kirby's Stone.
Holding the button cycles through different Pons, allowing you to choose the one that you want in a manner similar to Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit, except instead of having a definitive end to your choice it cycles back around to the first PanePon. Each of the different blocks have a separate fall speed, damage, and various other effects. After a PanePon has been dropped it'll become the new default type that the list starts on if used again.
If used in the air it significantly slows down Lip's descent.
-Limits-
Can be used rapid-fire style to drop up to 3 PanePon at once, but can be stacked up to 6 Pons tall if used in conjunction with jumping or from a higher platform over a lower one.
Pons can also be made into multiple stacks so long as the total on the Battlefield does not excede 6, newer Pons created after the 6th one will delete previously placed Pons from oldest to newest.
On top of that, the PanePons have a shared timer before vanishing, so the more Pons on the screen at a time the quicker they will disappear.
A single PanePon on the screen will last 30 seconds, but each additional one created subtracts 5 seconds while simultaneously rounding the timer up to the nearest 5 seconds.
1 Pon = 30 seconds, 2 = 25 seconds, 3 = 20 seconds, etc., up to a total of 6 Pons at 5 seconds.
If you already have 6 PanePons out you can continue to make more, but they don't subtract time OR round up the timer again, meaning that they will all vanish 5 seconds after the 6th one was made.
-Attributes-
The Pons act as a physical wall, blocking movement and projectiles, but can also be wall-jumped off of or wall stuck to, and can be used as a fully physical platform to boot.
Pons that are hit with any number of attacks that cause AT LEAST 10% total damage to them will slide one Pon width horizontally in that direction, and then fall if it was in the air.
Any attack from Lip causes this instantly.
-Chains-
If there are ever at least 3 of the same PanePon type touching in a row either vertically or horizontally they will glow and then burst, dealing damage per block in the Chain and decent knockback to anyone in contact or the immediate vicinity of the Pons, excluding Lip.
ie; a 3 Heart Pon Chain will deal 12% (4% from below*3 blocks) to any enemies near any of the blocks, and a 5-hit Diamond Chain will do 3.5*5 =17.5%
If Lip is standing on top of a Pon that is part of a Chain when it blows then she will basically perform a Super Jump that is about double her normal jump height.
Creating "PanePon Chains" will build up the strength and size of Lip's Garbage Block PanePon.
Chains can also Meteor Smash from above.
-PanePon Types-
Heart: Default, does 7% pounding damage and 4% Chain damage.
Circle: Falls slowly, does 5% pounding damage and 4.5% Chain damage.
Diamond: Falls fast, does 9% pounding damage and 3.5% Chain damage.
Yellow Star: Same as Heart damage-wise, but has a larger Chain burst effect and also damages Lip if she is in the vicinity.
Triangle: Same as Heart damage-wise, but any character standing on the block has decreased gravity, making them have less weight when knockback is taken into account and also granting higher jumps.
Moving on it has a slippery ice effect.
Upside-down Triangle: Same as Heart damage-wise, but any character standing on the block has increased gravity, making them have more weight when knockback is taken into account and also granting shorter jumps.
Movement speed while on the blocks is also decreased.
Grey [!] Block: Volatile, explodes when hit and destroys any nearby PanePon, counting it all as a consecutive Chain, 5% pounding damage and 3.5% Chain damage.
Garbage Block: Twice the horizontal size of regular blocks, does 15% pounding damage but can't be chained except via an [!] block. Has about triple the starting lag of other PanePons, but can still rapid-fire 3 of them after the lag.
If used within the same timer as a Chain then its damage, knockback, and size all double, making it Lip's most powerful K.O. move.
Unlike other PanePons that can be moved with attacks, Garbage Blocks are immobile.

Side Special - Panel Swap: Lip creates a large two-box cursor, one box in front of her and the other around herself.
It floats in place for about 3 seconds before disappearing.
While it is floating it can be moved up, down, forward, or backward 1 PanePon length at a time until time's up and it vanishes.
Pressing A or B at any point while the cursor is on-screen will instantly swap any character, PanePon, projectile, or item contained in one box with the other while keeping their momentum.
This allows Lip to counter projectiles by using Panel Swap to trade places with it and allowing it to continue its trajectory passed her, or to swap places with an edge guarding foe, or to create easier PanePon chains.
If used without moving the cursor it allows Lip to move forward with a tiny teleport dash, referred to as "Swap Dashing".
If used on the ground it is similar to a shorter length forward Dodge Roll, but keeps Lip facing forward.
It can even be quickly used in the air up to 3 times to boost her horizontal recovery, but sends her into a free fall once used.
If B is pressed then Panel Swap ends immediately after the switch, but A can be used to make as many switches as desired until the 3 second time limit is up.
When used in the air Lip continus to fall, but at a reduced speed.

Up Special - Watabou: Lip pulls out Watabou; a tiny white-round-fluffy dandelion-creature-thing, which takes off with Lip hanging on.
He doesn't inflict any direct damage or knockback, but its basically a shorter duration version of Pit's old Power of Flight, so its good for recovery.
While flying, Watabou produces a short-range rain of pollen that causes tripping to enemies below, even if they're shielding.
After the flight ends, Watabou pops like a scattered dandelion and Lip flips off of his stem-body with a stomping-style fast-plummeting freefall with Superarmor.
Any characters that come into physical contact with Lip during this stomp will immediately be Footstooled, regardless of the direction of the point of contact, practically warping under her feet.
The Superarmor disappears after a successful Footstool and cancels Lip's free fall animation, allowing her to act with anything besides Watabou again, including Panel Swap.

Down Special - Fairy Blossom: A charge move where Lip holds her stick aloft and concentrates solar energy into the tip.
Charge time can be saved by dodging or shielding, and saved charge can be seen by a glowing effect around the stick's tip.
If it goes without charging for some time it will gradually lose its charge (starts decresing after 5 consecutive chargeless seconds at a rate of 1 charge second per second).
After 10 total seconds of charge time, Lip's Stick blooms, causing a powerful burst of energy in front of her that inflicts 20% with high knockback in a fairly large circular area.
For the next 10 seconds all of Lip's normal attacks, throws, and even her grab pummel inflict the Lip's Stick status effect for continuous damage.
Once in bloom, the player can charge Fairy Blossom to to add to the the Lip's Stick time limit, 1 second charge for an additional 1 second of Lip's Stick.
Lip's stick and the Fairy Blossom charge time reset to 0 prematurely if Lip is K.O.'d, or if she receives knockback while charging Fairy Blossom.

~Taunts~
*Each of Lip's Taunts secretly increase her Fairy Blossom charge time by 1 second while simultaneously resetting PanePon's time limit to the nearest 5 seconds once per life per taunt.
^ Taunt: Lip hops up into a twisty breeze, spinning in place once while dropping flower petals.
Once she finishes spinning she faces completely frontward towards the players and holds her stick up while shouting an echoing "Nintendo!"

<> Taunt: Lip plucks a tiny flower and sniffs it, but suddenly she sneezes, blowing the petals off of the poor little flower.
The sneeze creates a tiny wind hitbox that slightly pushes her opponents and even reflects projectiles!

v Taunt: A large sunflower suddenly blooms under Lip, she sits on it while cradling her head in her hands and slowly kicking her feet while humming.
She stays in this position for as long as v Taunt is held, and it makes her immune to grounded attacks like Green Shells and down tilts.
When released the sunflower sinks into the ground and she gets off of it, dusting herself off.
Pretty laggy when ending.

~Custom Specials~
Neutral Special 2 - SlowPon:
Works just like the regular PanePon special, except:
-Only 3 blocks at a time.
-No rapid-fire feature.
-They fall SUUUPER SLOOOOW, so you can create floating platforms out of them.
-No "pounding" damage, instead Chain damage for each PanePon is *2.5.
-Timer is only 3 seconds total, resets for each new PanePon placed until the 3rd, then it just deletes the oldest for each new one and they all disappear 3 seconds after the 3rd Pon was formed.

Neutral Special 3 - BombPon: Works just like the regular PanePon except:
-They explode as if in a Chain after 2 seconds.
-Placing a new PanePons resets the 2 second timer until the 6th one, then it just replaces older ones and they all explode after 2 seconds.
-No "pounding" damage, instead Chain damage is *150% with an increased Chain Burst size, and also damages Lip.
-Twice the starting lag of the other Pon moves, as Lip's friend Flare appears to touch the Pon to grant it her explosive powers.

Side Special 2: Flip Swap: Exactly like Quick Swap, except it flips around anything caught within the swap as if it was hit by Mario's Cape.

Side Special 3: Trick Swap: Exactly like Quick Swap, except:
-Slightly longer startup, as Lip's friend Sherbet appears and freezes the cursor with her breath.
-Only lasts 1 second and can't be moved.
-Holding forward swaps Lip with something in front of her, backward swaps behind her, up swaps above her, and down swaps below her, no input leaves her in place.
-Pressing A or B makes the swap happen instantly.
-Can only be used in the air twice, but Lip pauses in mid-air while swapping, and Lip still goes into a free fall afterward.
-After the move finishes, the cursor plummets and shatters as a weak ice projectile for 6%.

Up Special 2 - Mighty Watabou: Exactly as the original, except:
-Watabou is twice as big and can be Footstooled off of, but it doesn't cause any ill effect to Watabou or Lip, also flies at half speed but for twice as long.
-Watabou's pollen has a bigger range and puts to Sleep through shields rather than causing tripping.
-At the end, Lip Footstools off of Watabou which causes him to pop, so she can
act immediately out of it but she loses out on her Superarmor Footstool.

Up Special 3 - Windy Ride: Lip's friend Windy appears on a cloud and pulls Lip along by her hand.
Has amazing horizontal movement and speed but a little lacking in terms of vertical recovery.
Lip still flips from Windy's hand for her usual Superarmor Footstool though, and the flip has more vertical height but less horizontal range than normal.

Down Special 2 - Fairy Duster: Exactly like the original except:
-Instead of inflicting Lip's Stick it lulls foes to Sleep with physical attacks.
-Timer for inflicting Sleep is 7 seconds instead of Fairy Blossom's 10 seconds.
-Hitting a Sleeping foe doesn't put them to Sleep again.
-Doesn't inflict Sleep off of throws or pummel.

Down Special 3 - Fairy Staff: Works exactly like the original except:
-Lip's friend Thiana appears to bless Lip's Stick, causing it to grow 150% its size for increased range.
-No attacks inflict status effects, instead all attacks inflict +2% damage and have increased priority for 10 seconds.
-Gains Superarmor while charging Smashes.

Edit: Hong, how on Earth did you read and like this less than 3 minutes after I posted it?! :4pacman:
Panel Poppers? Did I ever name drop that? I recalled talking about an engine, but I don't remember calling it Panel Poppers here just yet... Maybe I did and I just forgot?

I wasn't bringing it up here because I didn't QUITE get to the point where I started working on the puzzle engine itself. And last weekend I ended up having to work the weekend just so I could get everything I had going on done, which pissed me off because I really, really wanted to work on this engine as much as I did two weekends ago.

If anyone wants to collab with me, here's the Github: https://github.com/jrconway3/panelpoppers

I also added a few resources I'm considering using to an Open Game Art Collection here: http://opengameart.org/content/panel-poppers

The Github is private right now. Once I started working on the puzzle engine itself I planned to open it up, and yes, I was going to get to that this weekend. I'll try and explain everything below, but its quite detailed, so I spoilered it. Sorry I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like, but I'm definitely planning to finish this, it'll just take a while.

I've been able to get things to appear on the canvas now (CanvasEngine was glitching initially and it took me a while to get that working), and I've got very basic menu implementation. I had to figure out CanvasEngine first, that was the initial hurdle. Now I've figured out how that works, I'm able to create scenes, I have a basic Title screen and Menu down, both with Music enabled as well. I also had to figure out how to change the volume of the music, which I did figure out after a short while. The background for the Title/Menu is just a simple background my wife threw together, there's nothing animated on it or anything yet.

The next step is to make the menu selectable. I've added in the options to override individual menu links, the settings include an override to each menu option and the ability to disable certain options. Obviously, I can't program every little link right now. I probably should've jumped straight into making the puzzles, but I thought "I should probably know how the Title screen and Menu works first."

I've been trying not to say anything about this, because I wanted to have something to show before I explained everything. Technically, I DO have something I CAN show right now, but its EXTREMELY barebones, and you can't get into any puzzle itself at this point. But, I'll explain my ideas.

Basically, here's my plan for the setup (spoilered again):

I.) The Engine
A.) CanvasEngine
1.) Its HTML5 and JS, which is very flexible and can be used on any number of platforms.
2.) I was already familiar with RPG-JS, so I learned a bit about CanvasEngine as well.
3.) While working on this I figured out how to create my own CanvasEngine project.​
B.) RPG-JS
1.) This is what I was familiar with before.
2.) The engine doesn't actually use RPG-JS, I just used the RPG-JS code to jumpstart the Panel Poppers engine.
3.) I cut out all RPG features, but some things I left in, such as the ability to create maps.
4.) If this Panel Poppers engine works, I want to create​
II.) Title/Menu
A.) Flexibility
1.) The idea is to make it as flexible as I can. As noted above, I got the Title/Menu to work.
2.) What I want to be able to do is enable the ability to set in the configuration json file the ability to add images to both the Title and Menu and animate them.
3.) Currently this supports adding an image with a set size and position, but animation isn't enabled yet (I wanted to get to the puzzle ASAP).​
B.) Title Screen
1.) This just currently has "Press Enter" flashing text and a background.
2.) Nothing else here at the moment, and creating a full opening will be more complicated, so that's something to wait on until later.
3.) I wasn't sure what else to put on the test title screen so it looks better.​
C.) Menu
1.) I added all the usual options from Panel de Pon.
2.) The Options menu will have the ability to set controls, so you could enable a controller to work.
3.) The Windowframe can be replaced by other frames. Creating a Windowframe is simple. I just found one myself and adjusted it to work.​
III.) Rendering the Puzzle
A.) Define how many rows and columns are available.
1.) This will be adjustable. The idea is that you can create any size puzzle you want, which can make things very complex.
2.) For example, you could have a very wide and short puzzle in height.
3.) Later on we could add specialized options for it in options, but for now its just going to be adjustable and default to the normal Panel de Pon size.​
B.) Define how many different panels can be used.
1.) You'll be able to create a series of different colored panels.
i.) The panels will come in two options: Shapes and Colors.
ii.) Every Shape can work with every Color.
iii.) Or you can just have one Color, or even multicolors, with each shape just one specific color (like in the original Panel de Pon).​
2.) I found "puzzle stones" online which I'll be using initially: http://opengameart.org/content/puzzle-stones-pack
3.) Depending on the game options, the game could potentially be expanded to allow both colors and shapes to be matched.​
C.) Creating the Puzzle
1.) I'll use random number generators to randomly select different panels based on the panel options available.
2.) There will be specialized options to be able to add more panels or less.
i.) This will default to usual Panel de Pon standards.​
3.) The panels will be an array of arrays, the first array being the row (starting from bottom) and the inner array being each column.
i.) This format sounds complicated, but it will make it VERY easy to organize the panels and determine which panel is where when generating the animations.
ii.) Potentially an option can be added to have an inverted puzzle, with the classic formula of the blocks falling down instead of going up.​
4.) The layout will be decided first before generating the panels.
i.) The layout would consist of missing either 1, half, or all the panels from either the top row or one column.​
5.) Potentially other options can be added, such as adding more types of panels.
6.) One thing I was considering is Item Blocks and Status Effects.
i.) Later found out Item Panels were added into a more recent Panel de Pon game, so I guess we'll probably want to add those as well.​
IV.) Playing a Puzzle
A.) I'm interested in the prospect of both Mouse and Keyboard controls. Keyboard by default.
B.) I'm going to try and get the speed as close to the original as possible, I may need some help when I get to this point.
1.) The main thing I worry about is lag, so if I do get lag I'll have to find ways to improve it.​
C.) I'm going to start with just solo puzzles, with only a barebones background.
1.) Characters and Stages will be separate this time around.
2.) We may be able to find a way to make stages have different elements to them so they're not just a background. Optional.
3.) Obviously characters will have a default stage.​
D.) Otherwise its basically the same as the original Panel de Pon games. I'll provide another update this weekend.​

The whole thing is designed to be flexible so that anyone can create their own game using the engine. For instance, someone could create an actual Panel de Pon game, or they could take the engine and make a DK Panel de Pon game. I myself am thinking that my wife and I will go ahead and make a Panel de Pon-esque game based on a series/universe she created once I have the engine working.

Again, I will work on it more this weekend. If anyone wants to help, message me on Github: https://github.com/jrconway3

If I can get far enough this weekend where the puzzle generates, and maybe I can start moving panels, I'll record a video of it just to show some progress.

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Panel Poppers? Did I ever name drop that? I recalled talking about an engine, but I don't remember calling it Panel Poppers here just yet... Maybe I did and I just forgot?
Or maybe I'm psychic?
Maybe? No.

The first post has a "Supporters" tab, the title of which is "Panel Poppers".
I've also seen a post where somebody referred to the thread members as such, so I figured that it was a Panel de Pon fan term from here.

In any case, it sounds pretty impressive so far; you know, for a pet project that only started a short while ago. Good call on making it an amiable engine rather than strictly creating a PdP fan game.
If I had a functioning computer currently then I could maybe help in some way, but I've actually been stuck using my Wii U tablet for some time now. :/

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or maybe I'm psychic?
Maybe? No.

The first post has a "Supporters" tab, the title of which is "Panel Poppers".
I've also seen a post where somebody referred to the thread members as such, so I figured that it was a Panel de Pon fan term from here.

In any case, it sounds pretty impressive so far; you know, for a pet project that only started a short while ago. Good call on making it an amiable engine rather than strictly creating a PdP fan game.
If I had a functioning computer currently then I could maybe help in some way, but I've actually been stuck using my Wii U tablet for some time now. :/
Oh, lol, so I completely wrote up that entire thing and it was for something totally different. Lol. I just called the engine "Panel Poppers" because it had Panel in the name and it sounded alright. I didn't realize that was the name of the supporters. Damn. Well, if the name fits!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And this.

Upsets me greatly.
Last time I checked, didn't people consider the Nintendo Girls Club sexist to the point of the channel being killed off?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Honestly, you'd have a real whale of a time finding something that isn't considered backwards and prejudiced by anyone these days. There's probably someone picking apart Panel de Pon right now because there are no dark-skinned fairies, or because Think is the only girl who wears pants, or something else like that. Need I remind you of the whole Super Princess Peach fiasco? (There were some people who thought the game was unfortunate not because of the whole "emotions" thing but because... it was easy. They thought it was prejudiced against women because it wasn't as difficult as a typical Mario game. As opposed to just being a game for younger kids instead of all ages?)

If it is gone though, I'm not terribly displeased about it since it seemed kind of unnecessary to me in the first place.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
By the way, I've been meaning to ask:
Does anyone have any constructive criticism on my Lip moveset? (post #2148)

I know its mostly only the specials and its hard to tell how it'd work in-game by text alone, but I'm pretty interested in seeing if I could start up a Lip moveset project for Brawl once I get a new computer, and ideas/criticism from people who are both PdP fans AND professional Smash players would be appreciated in trying to get it right if I choose to go forward with it.

Did I represent the Panel de Pon games well?
Do you prefer a previously suggested Lip moveset more?
Does the character sound like they'd be fun to play?
Does the basic premise sound like its balanced or overpowered?
Do I need to explain the moves in more detail, or what I envision as being general Lip gameplay to clear things up?
Does this come off as an attempted thread hijacking? :p

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Lip not being a character is unfortunate but understandable.

Lip not being a trophy would be bonkers though. Especially with Captain Rainbow. She better at least get that.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
By the way, I've been meaning to ask:
Does anyone have any constructive criticism on my Lip moveset? (post #2148)

I know its mostly only the specials and its hard to tell how it'd work in-game by text alone, but I'm pretty interested in seeing if I could start up a Lip moveset project for Brawl once I get a new computer, and ideas/criticism from people who are both PdP fans AND professional Smash players would be appreciated in trying to get it right if I choose to go forward with it.

Did I represent the Panel de Pon games well?
Do you prefer a previously suggested Lip moveset more?
Does the character sound like they'd be fun to play?
Does the basic premise sound like its balanced or overpowered?
Do I need to explain the moves in more detail, or what I envision as being general Lip gameplay to clear things up?
Does this come off as an attempted thread hijacking? :p
It looks good to me. You seem to have gotten garbage blocks and panels mixed up, and a few of the buffs seem like they last a bit long, but it does seem like something I'd enjoy playing as. I like the alternate move sets, they add authenticity.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
It looks good to me. You seem to have gotten garbage blocks and panels mixed up, and a few of the buffs seem like they last a bit long, but it does seem like something I'd enjoy playing as. I like the alternate move sets, they add authenticity.
Huh?
Mixed up Garbage Blocks and Panels? How?
Don't you make chains out of 3 or more panels of the same type in order to launch garbage blocks onto your opponent's screen? Bigger chains makes bigger garbage blocks, right?

I mean, I'll admit that its been some time since I've played PdP last, but that sounds like how the game plays to me, and that's what I said.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Huh?
Mixed up Garbage Blocks and Panels? How?
Don't you make chains out of 3 or more panels of the same type in order to launch garbage blocks onto your opponent's screen? Bigger chains makes bigger garbage blocks, right?

I mean, I'll admit that its been some time since I've played PdP last, but that sounds like how plays to me, and that's what I said.
Its 4 or more Panels to make Garbage blocks. Now, if you make a Chain, it only has to be 3 from x2 onwards. Ever additional chain adds another row to the garbage block.

Top Bottom